All Comments on 'Modern Speakeasy'

by BiboErgoSum

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
lost

the story is ok but it seems as if we just get dropped off in the middle of it. a littlemore info would be good to get the story going.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

huh? Ditto the first comment.

PallasAthena123PallasAthena123over 7 years ago

Contrary to the first two comments, I appreciated that we got right to the story here without any unnecessary exposition. I never felt lost or confused, and by the end we had learned everything we would have from two boring paragraphs of tell-not-show.

This was great. I like these characters and I'd live to see more of them!

evebroughtanaxthistimeevebroughtanaxthistimeover 7 years ago

Concur I do!

You sure have your own style. Lovely!!!

The appearance of the owner of the house and the quick sketch of the way she lives plus the young ghoul lover just did it for me. Melt.

Looked up Trey Lullaby and the song. That's most probably the weirdest moment of the day - this story and that song coexisting together. And nothing exploded...AND...of course I needed to understand, so listened to song again and then it made more sense.

And now it's stuck in my head. Thanks a shitload.

Then there was the Jo and Jane moment. A gay woman in drag who likes the same music and exhibits the same mannerisms as the more feminine gay man, dating a woman who is clearly and decidedly a straight man. Would this make Jane queer? Just a theory... Or did I miss something enormous?

Oh - the pink sweat - what tainted his sweat pink, or am I just being stupid? I'd love to hear more about Snake-boy.

PallasAthena123PallasAthena123over 7 years ago

lol, eve doesn't understand lesbians.

Jane is butch.

Johanna is femme.

Neither are men.

Also, how is Jo in drag? Drag is costuming as not-your-own gender. Singing Streisand doesn't make you a drag queen. Especially if you are already female in your daily life. They're both just gay women. (Maybe bi or pan, not enough info to know for sure).

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous