All Comments on 'Mom's Best Friend'

by TattooGeno26

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
shows some promise but..

...your editor has let you down badly; there are multiple spelling and grammatical errors that are intrusively annoying.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I suggest a new editor

I couldn't get past the first paragraph, it had so many grammatical errors. For one, it's "my mom and she WEREN'T..." - not "WASN'T."

Get it properly proofread, come up with a title that isn't a trite cliche, and resubmit it.

chytownchytownover 8 years ago
Good Read***

I think we have all had a crush on someone like Foxy. Thanks for sharing.

MrBill36MrBill36over 8 years ago
I've fantasizes too.

I've had the same (basically) fantasy, except mine was with my boss, a long time friend of my wife. I have always wanted to make passionate long lasting love to her, but didn't. Your story was a reminder of that fantasy. It rekindled that desire, that fantasy. Thanks for that! I did enjoy reading the story. And for those of you who can't seem to get out of your school thinking environmental minds, a story is just that - a story projected for the authors and readers enjoyment. A few grammatical errors don't mean much, in fact - they rather enhance the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Your editor needs an editor

I write here also, and when occasionally an alert reader catches a minor spelling or grammatical error I've made and suggests I use an editor, I laugh it off because frankly while their hearts may be in the right place, most aren't pros at it. No matter though. This is an amateur website and is free, so I suggest folks keep that in mind when commenting. We're all trying and this story is far from being unreadable.

mrnormandymrnormandyover 8 years ago
keep on writing

don't worry about what people say about your spelling, that will improve. Just keep telling your stories. Great reading.

CletisCletisover 8 years ago
been there... (in my dreams)

I also had a few Aunts and friends of my Mom that I thought about in that way. Those gals made for some nice dreams. Enjoyed your story. Glad I never got caught.

As for the grammar, I run a spell-check with grammar check on my stories before submitting. It catches most mistakes, but some still manage to slip through. Personally, I can handle most errors that other writers make. Using the wrong word does get to me on occasions (words like "there/their/they're" for example), but I simply cringe and continue reading. Like someone said, this is a FREE AMATEUR posting area. People should ignore the mistakes and move on.

I did a search for "had had". The only place I found it was in the comments. Not sure what annon.. was talking about. Don't think posted stories can be changed/edited after they are out there, but maybe they can. I looked it up and "had had" is OK, as is "have had". They are past perfect and present perfect tenses. Maybe annon.. was complaining about "perfect" being in an "amateur" story. :p

CletisCletisover 8 years ago
Opps....

Opps... "had had" was a comment on grammar from another story. My bad. Spell-check didn't seem to catch that I was not in the same story anymore. Still, the feeling still fits...

Please feel free to rip me a new one for that screw-up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A story about what boys dreams are made of !

You tapped into every teenagers dream. Good stuff!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I love Foxy, love to hear a story about her and Mom all dressed in leather and thigh high boots smoking grass, cigs and smoking and snorting coke or Crystal at a concert with bikers and after party with bikers...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous