All Comments on 'Money Grab'

by blackrandl1958

Sort by:
  • 53 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
And the hits keep coming

Wow, talk about imagination! What a great story! I want to move out there with them. You got room for one more girl? You blew me away. Again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Incredible story

You made me laugh, cry, clench my fists when that fucking preacher kidnapped Malina, the whole deal here, young lady. This could happen! Great story and great writing. Is there more? I hope so.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Just about the best I've read

I don't know about all the details, but you made it believable enough for me. The story was the love between these people, but that's what all great stories about about, for me. You are a super writer. None better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Favorite

I’ve been waiting for this one again. I think it’s the best of Randi’s work. Should be a movie or Netflix series. Those of you who haven’t had the pleasure of reading her work are in for a special treat. There’s a ton of top shelf stuff

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 6 years ago
Another hit from Randi's pen!

Or keyboard, as the case may be. It's always good to see another quality story from a great writer. We're just lucky that Randi's putting her stories here for us readers to enjoy, and we do enjoy them!

TarnishedPennyTarnishedPennyabout 6 years ago
I missed this one!

Glad to see it back.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
It's ncredible to me

That someone gave this less than a five. I can't imagine it was about the story. Must be some other issues going on. This was a fantastic story, right up there with the best ever.

kimi1990kimi1990about 6 years ago
Possibly your best work

The detail, the pace, the emotion, all come together into an enormous work by one of the best writers around. Your ability to span so many categories and subjects has always left me speechless, but it's plain that whatever you write is going to top shelf.

bay6093bay6093about 6 years ago
5*

I was actually disappointed to get to the end. I wanted it to keep going.

Excellent work from a very good author.

rightbankrightbankabout 6 years ago
The creation of a vivid imagination

Each page was a new surprise.

Parts of the story reminded me of some of the mindset as we approached Y2K.

Sniper014Sniper014about 6 years ago
Welcome back

I remember reading this story before. I looked on the other site that has most of your stories listed and did not see in the index. Really enjoyed rereading the story again.

IaOldTimerIaOldTimerabout 6 years ago
Again, welcome back

Hope you bring back your other deleated stories.

Sniper014Sniper014about 6 years ago
Hi Randi

I posted about reading this story before. While I was on the other site with your other stories I read the comments on Artifact. Sorry to hear about your blindness. Hope it is getting better. I go on the site to read all your other great stories. Please keep posting them back to here so other readers can see how great a writer you are. Please keep up the great work and let us know when you are publishing books through Amazon so I can add them to my library.

Again keep up the great work.

oshawoshawabout 6 years ago

An amazing story from one of the best authors ever to grace Literotica.

oshaw

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wow!!

It took a while to get through this, but what a ride! A real thriller of a romance set in a pretty dark world. Great job, author. Five stars. Impossible to justify anything less.

dunmovynivdunmovynivabout 6 years ago
errors

""That was one of the jars sealing," he told her. "They'll all make that sound and then they'll keep for years because the air is sealed out and bacteria can't grow without air. There is a vacuum in the jar now. If one of them doesn't seal we'll eat them tonight.""

First, the vacuum merely pulls the lid tight, sealing the jar. Air is inside the jar as well as the food. But the heat kills the bacteria inside the jar. The seal means no more bacteria can get into the jar. Sealing the jar off from the outside world makes for preservation. Second, if a jar doesn't seal, you can eat it, but if it was meant for preservation, you simply process it again. If it still doesn't seal, try a different lid on the jar. Check to make sure the rim of the jar and the rubber seal on the lid are clean.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Another fine addition to your collection.

And a fun read. Post Apocalyptic is a setting favourite of mine and also very now with the current political climate as it is. Two small points though. First, the whole, I'm latin and we all have fiery temperaments thing felt a little too often repeated. And second, coincidentally also the biggest gripe I have about stories on Lit. "They drug it to a tree with the Ranger" - Dragged! Please, for the love of Heaven! Dragged not Drug!

Phew, rant over. Thanks, Randi for well written and entertaining story and characters that remained proportionate in their reactions and consistant throughout.

Cheers.

slm59slm59about 6 years ago
Just as Awesome the Second Time!

I read this quite a while back, before you removed everything from Lit. I loved it then and I loved reading it again. Thanks!

BTW, I would love to see a sequel. :)

BigMagnum44BigMagnum44about 6 years ago
Fantastic

I have really come to love your stories and can not wait for new additions. Keep up the great work. I enjoyed this story immensely and the character development was wonderful.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 6 years ago
An amazing story

So amazing that I think you should get a script agent and have to turned into a movie.

Seriously. It is that good.

arrowglassarrowglassabout 6 years ago
This is the second time I have read this story...and it is even better!

Such a well written tale...I love it!

bruce22bruce22about 6 years ago
Very well written

I agree that it would go smoothly on Netflix!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
This is a good stroy, i enjoyed it,

But i have reand it before. And since i rarely visit other sites, i must have read it here. Possibly somewhere else but very very doubtful.

I also seem to remember an author here with a similar name, "blackrandi" maybe, or similar, with a longer list of stories than this "blackrandl1958". And when a first read "br58" i was surprised to see such a short list.

Any way still a great read,

many thanks to br58.

peter944peter944about 6 years ago
Very Heinlin

Nicely done and well presented story. Perhaps you'd continue it?

beezlebubbeezlebubabout 6 years ago
Still...

I have read this story 5 or 6 times. It's just as good now as when I first read it. Thanks to this highly skilled writer for her amazing talent. I think Randi(?) is one of the best writers here at Lit. Her stories flow effortlessly which makes reading them easy.

LeFrog08LeFrog08almost 6 years ago
I agree with the previous comment.

A second read is as good as the first

time. A really good yarn.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Yep

Agreed. Very very good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
hmmm

def needed a edit to clean it up but very well made story good pacing

AjeccsgjmsAjeccsgjmsalmost 6 years ago

Really enjoyed your story can't wait for some more of this tell

MrmacjrMrmacjrover 5 years ago
Great Story

I have just completed this for the second time. It only has a few typos and reads easily. I hope the author considers continuing the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fantastic fantasy!

As a semi-rural preparedness minded person this was simply outstanding. I don't think it is possible to dream up a better scenario for a single male prepper. He literally had it all! You definitely picked the right section - fantasy!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Yes!

Great story line, and good content. This dealt with things that would happen in a world like this. It also dealt with the people who would be in this type of situation in the right way, or the only way they could be dealt with. Great story, I loved it.

SorchakSorchakover 5 years ago
What is his fascination with 25, indeed?

Why torture poor Calley that way? "I'll marry you when Malina is 25." Why torture ALL of them by waiting seven years? By that time, Calley will be 33, and he'll be in his 40s. What's the point to that? In Spain, Malina would actually be of legal age to be married at 16, she'd be considered an adult at 19 here in Canada, and they'd only have to wait 3 years until she's 21 to be an adult in the States. Screw waiting until she's 25. Other than that bit of ridiculousness, this was a decent story.

ArizonaVikingArizonaVikingover 5 years ago
Great Story!

Absolutely loved it. I could not stop reading it until I was finished. I would love a sequel. Thank you!

csoshcsoshover 5 years ago

Superb story - flows from the beginning to the end. It does need a sequel to finish the story!!!

WoodbgoodWoodbgoodabout 5 years ago
Great story but is it finished.

Great love, great action, and this was not an unlikely occurrence in our world today. However, it seems like it needs to go further with an epilog to close some loose ends for us right brainers reach what I am sure are the ultimate conclusions. I don't normally read Science/fiction but I really like your writings and had to give it a try. I have no regrets as it was outstanding. Part of preparing (prepping) is gathering of all available literature on survival, first aid and medicine, and all the how-to books you can find. Remember when everything shuts down so does the internet, including Google and Youtube. Please keep up your stories we are really enjoying them and it is obvious that you really enjoy writing them.

Woodbgood

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
CONTINUE?

any CHANCE OF YOU CONTINUING THIS STORY?

ranec1ranec1about 4 years ago
Mean As!!

Chur m8 awsum story

bob4300sbob4300salmost 4 years ago
One of your best!

Such a wonderful imagination you have! It was excellant. Very long, and yet at the end, you just want morrrrrre! Thank you!

francemanfrancemanalmost 3 years ago

wow !! I do not know what to write!

It's all simply superb.

You have a very beautiful imagination of the end of society.

As always, you describe different characters to us, but all endearing in their own way.

And with a recurring theme that I love about you, which is love and interracial relationships without clichés, prejudices or taboos.

I also really enjoyed the week "get Calley pregnant" when they try to have a baby at 3.

Thanks for sharing your talent.

I am continuing to read your works.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyalmost 3 years ago

Good... very, very good! Thanks

AFoolRushesInAFoolRushesInalmost 3 years ago

Yet another favorite from Randy.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 2 years ago

If only i could be as ready as him for what is coming!

laughdruidlaughdruidover 2 years ago

I love this story and would wish for many more chapters. All of your stories are the best.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It is a very good story but it is not good that you stopped and did not finish!!! Many other authors do the same thing and it really pisses me off! If all of you authors figure you a good enough author to start a story, then you would be a better writer if you would finish the damn story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hi Randi.

This is excellent action filled story with cowboy-flavored situations and set in a world that is upside down due to loss of societal and economic structure. Are you a prophet suggesting that we are moving toward this type of future IRL? Is there enough here for the reader to think: is this what we need to prepare for?

As usual, thank you for the very hot and erotic descriptions in a threesome environment; it presents interesting and unusual aspects. If there is a follow up to this story, please consider twins to each of the two women?

This story contains so many realistic notations IRL that it increases the credibility of the whole story. And while we are at it, why not include another character: a John Wayne type of savior showing up with guns blazing!

Congratulations on your creation of the character called Reverend King. I am not sure I would have been able to write the crazy horse manure that the Reverend is dishing out to his congregation in the story. Again, congratulations!

BJ

bdsmbillbdsmbillover 2 years ago

Wonderful story, and very well written. I say that as a retired professor of English and writing and a published author. You have talent! Just one note on the canning: Acidic or very sweet foods like tomatoes or jam can be water bath canned like you describe. Foods like green beans must be pressure canned or you can get botulism.

dirtywhiteboy67dirtywhiteboy67over 2 years ago
5☆s

Excellent story. Not only is it hot, it also seems very realistic to me. I just wish that I could be as well prepared for what is coming as Davis and his neighbor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I can't believe that your stories are so different with such a broad spectrum. Remarkable to read western style genre with urban and rural styled environments. Your characters have unique names and ethnicities.

Quite a chameleon in storytelling and fun to read.

Thank you for multitalents, and your teamwork with your collaborations.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow the second story I could not stop reading Another epic from you mate Wish all your stories were as great as this one and thEye in the sky Keep up the GREAT work (jaybee186)

Sir GalahadSir Galahad4 months ago
A quite plausible way society and government might collapse

I congratulate you on a truly original plot device for getting your story into the post-SHTF situation with a minimum amount of verbiage and a realistic assessment of how quickly allegedly civilized Americans can revert to a tribal or lower level of socialization. Quite a change from the typical nuclear war, biological holocaust, solar electromagnetic pulse, or overpowering alien invasion that normally serve as the jumping-off point.

You did not really discuss the possible changes from a legally mandated monogamous culture to a polyamorous one; nor did you get into the issue of where all the good guys on the ranches around Davis's place, who seem to be decent sorts, are going to find women. You also did not make it clear if there had been an urban collapse that had the urban dwellers with no survival skills, no money, no weapons, no equipment, and no useful training flee their citified environment to be enslaved or murdered, or if they simply died in droves when their world collapsed around them. If you do a sequel, perhaps from the point of view of Angus of the Z Bar Ranch, it would be interesting to have Angus, advised by Davis and Calley, launch some sort of an expedition to see about bringing some sane (as opposed to brainwashable religious fanatic type) women back to the Z Bar and other ranches populated by decent, pragmatic people. The amateur radio setup mentioned in passing might be a means to see about locating other survivor/survivalist enclaves. You might also see about finding a military unit run by civilized officers and sergeants trying to reconstitute the United States of America.

In any case, a really great read and a good work of world-building that you can be proud of.

DuncanitaDuncanitaabout 2 months ago

3rd read, still doesn't feel "finished"...

AnonymousAnonymous23 days ago

How cerebral about a great social meltdown. Could another writer's invitational be about global climate change Armageddon? The research, brainstorming and creativity would be enlightening.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userblackrandl1958@blackrandl1958
I find it necessary to make some statement. I own my stories. They belong to me. I created them, the plot, the characters, the dialogue, the narration, all created by me. I retain copyright to them. No one has my permission to duplicate parts or all of my stories, either in te...

SIMILAR Stories