Moonlight Shadow Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Good idea." I said. "Any results from searching the Cialis home?"

"We found a Sig Sauer 229, in .40 S&W caliber." said J.R. "May Cialis's fingerprints all over it, no one else's. We also found a Kimber Solo CDP pistol in 9mmP caliber with James's fingerprints on it, no one else's. Also, some boxes of ammunition for both pistols. We bagged them into evidence, of course, and sent the pistols to the Crime Lab for ballistics analysis."

Barnes continued: "We also found a ham radio set-up, and another very powerful radio that can transmit short-wave. Other than that, the house was clean to the point of sterile, but recently cleaned. Maybe May was going to leave Town?"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

1:30pm. Detectives Davis and Warner went into I-A. Detectives Washington and Parker, Captain Ross, and Commander Troy (that being me) were watching through the one-way glass.

May Cialis was sitting next to her lawyer Nathan Masterson. Joanne read May her rights. When she asked May if she understood the rights, May said "You've already Mirandized me." Joanne just held the card up towards the camera, letting it be seen that her duty on that was done.

"What is this about?" asked Masterson.

"We're asking the questions here, Mr. Masterson." said Joanne, trying to make her normally sweet, positive voice sound severe and harsh.

"With what is my client being charged?" asked Masterson. "Otherwise, I'm taking her out of here."

"She's not going anywhere." said Jerome Davis, having been well-trained by me on this aspect of interrogations. "You may feel free to walk out that door any time you like, but she's staying here while we have questions to ask."

"Mrs. Cialis," said Joanne, "we know your husband was a pharmacist. Which pharmacy did he work at?" May looked at Masterson.

"He worked at the Kroger pharmacy near the mall." Masterson said. Joanne glared at him, then looked back at May.

"And what is your occupation, Mrs. Cialis?" asked Joanne.

"She's her husband's assistant." said Masterson.

"Mr. Masterson," said Detective Warner, "has your client taken the Fifth?"

"No." said Masterson. "Not yet."

"Then stop answering for her." said Warner. "I'm asking her the questions, not you; and I expect her to answer, not you. Or she can take the Fifth. Now, Mrs. Cialis, once again, what is your occupation?"

Masterson leaned over and whispered something to May Cialis, who nodded then said "I'm my husband's assistant."

"And what does that mean?" persisted Joanne. "Assistant at what? Just what work do you do?"

Masterson again leaned over to whisper to May, who then said "I assist my husband in his work."

"Elaborate please." said Joanne. "Without Mr. Masterson whispering in your ear."

"I'll advise my client whenever I wish." said Masterson.

"And our Police Commander will walk down to the Courthouse," said Jerome Davis, again learning well from me, "and he will have you removed as an Officer of the Court, held in Contempt of Court, and possibly disbarred for these tactics you are using right now."

"Mrs. Cialis?" asked Joanne. "Your answer, please?"

"I answered already." said Mrs. Cialis.

"I wish to confer with my client privately." said Masterson.

"You spent over a half hour doing that already." said Davis.

"Are you denying my client her Constitutional rights?" snarled Masterson.

"Not at all." said Warner. "It's you who are abusing the privileges. You're stalling, and we don't have to put up with it. Now represent your client, or leave and we'll have different counsel assigned to her."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Sir," said the Duty Desk Sergeant as he came into the anteroom where Cindy and I were watching this joke of an interrogation, "the Chief has asked you come to the Press Room for his statement. He asked you to come right away."

I rolled my eyes, then reminded myself to not shoot the messenger. I said "I'll be right there." I turned to Cindy and said: "May Cialis is not to walk out of this Headquarters. Take her through full booking. Suspicion in her husband's murder. Put her in a cell until I can be here to watch, if not question her myself. And tell that bastard Masterson to get his shit together or I'll twist his cap around."

"Wilco, sir." said Cindy. As I left the anteroom for the hallway, she was taking her handcuffs out of their pouch on her belt...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Either arrest my client, or I'm taking her out of here." said Masterson. "This interview is over."

"It's over when we say it's over, Masterson." said Jerome Davis. "And an arrest is not only possible... it's imminent if your client does not begin cooperating with us."

"You're not being very helpful in your answers, Mrs. Cialis." said Joanne. "You know your husband is dead, and your actions are highly suspicious in that regard."

"Are you accusing my client of a crime, Detective?" thundered Masterson.

"Yes!" said a voice behind the Detectives. They turned to see Captain Cindy Ross standing there, having just come in. "May Cialis, I am placing you under arrest for suspicion of involvement in your husband's murder." She threw the steel handcuffs onto the table with a jarring thud, getting maximum effect. "Stand up and put your hands behind you."

"Where's your warrant?" screamed Masterson. "You have no right!"

"The original search warrant covers it." said Ross. "Mrs. Cialis's refusal to cooperate is considered suspicious behavior... and your own behavior, Mr. Masterson, borders on the same, as well as grounds to have you disbarred."

Cindy walked around the table. "Stand up, or I'll force you to cooperate."

"Then do it." said May. Wrong answer.

"That's resisting arrest, right there." Cindy said as she grabbed May Cialis and threw her hard to the floor before anyone could blink. She forced May's arms behind her, ignoring the woman's complaints of pain and rough behavior, and affixed the cuffs to her wrist. Then she pulled the woman's other arm behind her to complete the arrest.

"Now you can walk through booking, or I'll carry you." said Ross.

"I'm going to have your badge for this Police brutality!" snarled Masterson. Cindy stood up and faced him.

"Bring it on, twit!" Cindy roared. "I'm getting more than sick and tired of your shit. Expect to hear from the Superior Court Judge within the next 24 hours, concerning your own hearing for Contempt of Court!"

Officer Lydia Green, who had been the Uniformed presence in the room, assisted Captain Ross in forcing May Cialis to her feet. May did not further resist arrest as she was taken through booking.

Part 6 - Meet The Press

"Chief, you don't need me in this press conference." I said as we sat in the 'Interview Room' next to Cpt. Briscoe's office, just off from the Press Room.

"I know, Mr. Crowbar," said the Chief, "but I want to you watch from here on the closed-circuit TV, so you'll know what was said, and can respond later to any Press ambush attempts."

I nodded. The Chief actually made sense. The only problem was that a significant suspect was in I-A being represented by a Gresham & Mason lawyer...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Captain Briscoe went to the podium at 2:00pm sharp. "Thank you for coming." he said. "The Chief of Police will be making a statement. If you remain orderly and respectful, he will take and answer questions. Chief Moynahan?"

"Thank yooooo." drawled the Chief as he came up to the dias and behind the podium. "This is the official Town & County Police Force statement on the incident that occurred last night. The Police Force acted on information gathered over time that a significant drug buy operation was occurring at MLK Park. The Force acted to interdict the operation, arrest the suspects, and confiscate the drugs and any cash and weapons at the scene."

"While moving into position," continued the Chief, "Patrolman Barker was fired upon by criminals waiting in ambush, using weapons illegally modified to deliver automatic fire. His chest armor saved his life as it held despite being impacted several times by criminal gunfire. He also was wounded in the leg by two shots. He underwent surgery and is expected to make a full recovery."

"Detective Roy McGhillie saw what had happened to Patrolman Barker," said the Chief, "and drove his Police cruiser up to the scene, and crawled out and over to get Barker into the relative safety of a nearby drainage ditch by the road. He was wounded in the arm in taking this brave action to save his fellow Officer's life. He was treated at the Hospital, held overnight for observation, and is now recovering at home."

"Because these two Officers were in the line of criminal fire, other Police on the ground could not safely move in to rescue them. It was at that time that a drone was sent up, using infrared to identify everyone in the park, and this ascertained that only criminals were in the park. The drone captured footage showing the perps shooting at Police."

"This information was relayed to Commander Donald Troy, who is licensed and authorized to fly helicopters of all types. Commander Troy flew his Cobra helicopter, which he owns and has leased to the TCPD, into the line of fire. Using infrared himself, Commander Troy returned fire upon the perpetrators, killing three and wounding one. Seeing that they were overwhelmed, the rest of the criminals surrendered to the Police and were taken into custody. As a result of Commander Troy's actions, the two wounded Officers were rescued and transported to the Hospital. What are your questions regarding my statement?"

The Press exploded into a shouting mass, and the Chief just shook his head until they got the message. They quieted down, and Moynahan called upon Priya Ajmani.

"Chief," said Priya, "Social justice groups are saying the Commander's use of the helicopter was excessive use of force. How do you respond to that?"

"With two Officers wounded and pinned down by criminal gunfire, there is no such thing as 'excessive' force to rescue them." said the Chief. "And it's always good to have more force than the criminals. This isn't a hockey game; protecting the Public is a serious and sometimes deadly bizzz-nessss."

"Chief," said Lester Holder, who was a light-skinned black man, "public officials are saying that Commander Troy's use of the helicopter is not only a paramilitary action far beyond what Police should be doing, but is racist because he only did this in a majority black area of the County. Was the Commander's action racist, Chief?"

"The Commander is certainly not a racist." said the Chief. "He is as fair a man to persons of all colors, creeds, orientations, and ethnicities as any man I've ever known. And the TCPD did not choose the place for this drug operation... the criminals did. So maybe the criminals are the racists, Mr. Holder."

"But what about the military-like use of a helicopter gunship, a weapon of military war?" persisted Holder. "Does that have a place in Police operations?"

"Again, Mr. Holder," said the Chief, "we had two wounded Police Officers lying on the ground, bleeding and needing rescuing. I don't know if you've been in a military shooting war, Mr. Holder. I have. I can tell you that what happened last night was not military war, but it was definitely justified in light of the situation."

"Chief, Tim Sioban, KSB News." said Tim Sioban of KSB News. "When Police Officers in the City or here shoot a suspect, they're usually put on some kind of restricted duty or desk duty pending the investigation of the incident. Why wasn't Commander Troy placed on restricted duty, when other Officers would have been? Why is he being treated differently?"

"First of all," said the Chief, "I don't accept the premise of your question that other Officers would've been put on restricted duty. There were exchanges of gunfire between Police and the suspects last night, and we've put no one on restricted duty as of now, except the medical restrictions of the wounded Officers. And Commander Troy is the second-highest-ranking Police Officer on the Force. As such, he'll bear the responsibility for his actions, and he knows that. But what would 'restricted duty' mean for the Police Commander, relative to his duties? He will still be doing the job he does every day."

By that, the Chief meant that my job already was pretty much a desk job, while a Patrol Officer being 'restricted' impacted his patrol duties much more. But as I heard it, I knew it hadn't come out right, and the viciously hate-filled, rabid Press would try to twist it as soon as they realized it.

"Chief, will Commander Troy be made available to talk to the Press?" asked Meredith Peller of Fox Midtown.

"That's up to him." said the Chief. "But the investigation is ongoing, so he might refrain from doing so for the time being."

"Will you order him to talk to the Press?" asked Tim Sioban.

"No." said the Chief. "He's under no obligation to talk to you in the Press, and I will not force him to assume such an obligation." The hostility of the Press was coming through the television as I watched. That pretty much concluded the usefulness of the press conference. Captain Briscoe stepped in to rescue the Chief.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Sooooo, how was that?" asked the Chief as we went into his office. "Oh, have a seat." I did so.

"I appreciate you sticking up for me, sir." I said. "I hope the Press does not deliberately misinterpret your comments about my job being different than Patrol Officers' jobs as me being above the rules that are applied to them... but knowing the Press, they'll try to gin that up."

The Chief winced. "Oooh. You're right. But to be honest, Don, you are above them. You know from the military that some Officers get the benefit of the doubt when junior Enlisted would not; the Officers are Officers because they can handle the responsibility. Same with a sports team: veteran players get the benefit of the doubt that rookies don't get."

"I know, sir." I said. "It's just the optics. Anyway, it's spilt milk, and in the past. Question is, what is going to happen going forward?"

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Ohhhhhh, yesssss..."

Laura Fredricson moaned as she lay on her left side on the bed in the little bedroom next to her office. Lying behind her in a "spoon" position and pumping his big cock in and out of her fur-lined twat was Mark Martin, whom Laura had met in the 'Going Rogue' case. He'd been a Signal Corps Captain then, and she'd recruited him into the CIA... and recruited his hard, long cock into her tight wet cunt.

Martin had been promoted to Major 'below the zone', which meant earlier than normal, and was a huge thing towards military career advancement. He now worked with the CIA on cyber and signal operations.

"Oh yeah, fuck me!" Laura gasped as Mark plunged into her again and again. She pulled her right leg up to give her stud easier access to her dripping wet quim, sliding her foot along his thigh as he nuzzled her neck from behind. She leaned back and let his lips press to hers in a kiss, their tongues twining hotly as the copulated lustily.

She leaned back into him and he rolled, pulling her along with him and on top of him. She was now riding him 'reverse cowgirl'. Laura began bouncing up and down on Mark's big cock, impaling herself on his throbbing member again and again as he grasped her hips and guided her. He was getting a great view of her back and her magnificent asscheeks as she lustily humped on him.

"Ohhhh!" Laura gasped, sinking down on his cock and grinding herself on the base of his meat. Then he gasped as her cunt clamped down hard on his fully sheathed cock as her intense orgasm rocked through her. "Oh God, yes!" she gasped.

After her orgasm was over, she eased herself off her lover's cock, then rolled onto her hands and knees. Martin eased himself behind her, grabbed her hips, and sank his cock balls-deep into her sopping pussy again. Driving forward, he slammed his groin into her luscious asscheeks, withdrew, and plunged in again, plundering Laura's pussy with relentless, deep strokes again and again, until she was crying out in another deep, violent orgasm that rocked her body...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

They were lying in a 'spoons' position again, enjoying the afterglow of their intense sexual encounter. As Laura leaned her ass and back into Mark's groin and chest, she mewled "That was very, very good. You need to visit more often."

"I come by every chance I get." said Martin. "Of course, after the way your husband kicked Red Brooke's ass, I'm worried that he'll kick my butt, too."

Laura barked a little laugh. "You know that he and I have an honest, open relationship. And I'm going to tell him every nasty thing you've done to me today. So... what brings you into Town?"

Martin said "I was asked to come to the Federal Building and give communications support to their people there. We're upgrading their systems, making them more secure, all that stuff."

Laura was not fooled; Major Martin was here to support CIA Agents on their missions. If she were still the Deputy Director for Science and Technology, she would've been told he was coming. So she simply asked "Anything I need to know?"

"Well, I should tell you this." said Martin, finally getting down to the second of the two reasons he was there, the first being to fuck Laura. "You know who Agent 'Warspear' is?"

"Oh yes." Laura said darkly. "He's a dark seed."

"Yes, and he may be doing some rogue things." said Martin.

"And he's here in Town, and you're helping the local Feds trace him." said Laura.

"How did you know know that?" asked Martin. "Did they tell you about my mission?"

"No." said Laura. "He actually drove his Audi from Florida all the way here, and is driving around in it. We saw the car parked suspiciously close to this office and ran the tag."

"Damn." said Mark Martin. "He's not all that smart, is he?"

"Unless," said Laura, "he did it on purpose, and either doesn't mind us finding out he's here, or he wants us to know he's here."

"Now why in the hell would he do that?" asked Mark, mostly to himself, falling back onto the bed on his back.

"I don't know." said Laura, rolling over and taking Martin's cock in her left hand and gently jacking it. "But I'm not worried about that right now. My mission is to suck this big cock." With that, she slid her lipsticked lips over the swollen cockhead and down her stud's long, thick shaft...

Part 7 - Informational Overload

3:30pm, Friday, April 6th. Teresa reported that Sergeant Seymour had sniffed out explosive plastique that had been made to look like a wrapped bundle of money, as well as some bricks inserted into the bags of drugs."

"We're adding explosives charges," said Teresa, "but in doing so, we have to inform the Federal BAFTE and State BFE of what we found."

"How long do we have before we have to do that?" I asked.

"If we don't notify them by noon Monday," said Teresa, "we'll be in trouble."

"Notify them first thing Monday morning, then." I said. "And take the proper storage precautions, of course." Teresa said they were already doing that.

A moment later, Myron Milton came into my office. I had him sit in a hot chair next to Captain Ross.

"I've got a lot more on James and May Cialis, sir, ma'am." said Myron. "He only worked part-time at the Kroger pharmacy, and never on weekends. Turns out he was a magician, and had a weekend show in the City. He performed at bars around here from time to time, as well."

"A magician, eh?" I said. "And his wife was his assistant, just as she told us." Cindy nodded. "So how did you find this out?"

"Lucky break, actually." said Myron. "I finally got his tax returns, which he filed jointly with his wife. He only listed his pharmacy salary, and she listed income from theater plays. It all looked kind of weird, sir. So I called the theatre in the City where she worked, and they said she was a regular in their small plays, and was also the magician's assistant. The description of the magician fit her now deceased husband."