Moonlight Shadow Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"But he didn't list his income from his performances." I said.

"No sir," said Myron, "but the amount she listed might've been one lump-sum payment for them both, and she just reported it for herself."

"Any bank records?" I asked.

"City & Counties Bank." said Myron. "Usually has just enough to pay their bills. As to credit cards, there are none listed when I bring up the info, but the bank paid to another bank that issues credit cards."

"Sir?" asked Cindy. I had gone into a reverie.

"Nothing." I said, regaining my composure. "Anything else, Myron?" He could tell I was on the scent of something, but knew I wanted his full report.

"Just that their house is paid for, and is in the name of a trust." Myron said.

"That's what I do for my real estate properties." Cindy said. "Do they have other properties?"

"Not that I've found yet, ma'am." said Myron. "I'm still digging. It's like there's nothing there, but there's a lot there, and then it's hard to actually get the information. The trust is in the name of a Nevada corporation; that's damn near impossible to get without a warrant and going through hoops."

"If what I'm thinking is right, that'll be understandable... the trust, that is." I said. "Keep at it. Oh, on your way back to your cubicle, ask Detective Warner to step in here, please." Myron left, and I gave instructions to Cindy. She left, too.

A minute later, Joanne came in. "You wanted to see me, sir?"

"Yes." I said. "Have a seat." I handed her latex gloves and told her to put them on, and I also put on a pair of gloves. A minute later, Cindy came in with the Duty Desk Sergeant, with two plastic bags of evidence. I signed for the evidence, and the Duty Desk Sergeant left.

"Okay," I said, "this is James Cialis's wallet in this bag, which we found at his home. And this is May Cialis's wallet from her purse. Detective, please examine the contents, and see if anything comes to your attention."

Joanne began looking through the contents of James's wallet. The cash had been removed and bagged separately; there had been $250 or so inside. There was a card from a legal firm; a card from a club in the City, where we now knew he performed magic shows; a card bearing the name of an executive of WorldBankTrust ; a Visa card, a MasterCard, and an American Express Card.

I was watching Joanne carefully, and saw her eyebrows shoot up. She then looked through May Cialis's wallet that had been in her purse. It had a Visa card, MasterCard, and AmEx card, but different numbers than her husband's cards. There was also the card of that same executive of WorldBankTrust. She looked up to see my gray eyes boring in on her.

"Is it safe to talk, sir?" Joanne asked.

"Yes." I said. "We all have Top Secret clearances, and I tore the wires out of this room so I.A. can't listen in anymore." I also had the bug-killer on, in case a device had been planted in the room.

"Did your wife tell you about this?" Joanne asked.

"No." I said. "My wife does not share Company secrets with me, and I don't expect her to. I learned through... other means. Captain Ross is about to learn it, because she needs to know for the sake of this murder case."

"So don't keep me in suspense." said Cindy, in the form of a quotation she might've heard from her boss many times.

Joanne said "These credit cards are a special sequence of numbers. They work, and you can buy things with them, but they are a special pattern and are reserved for use by CIA Agents. Also, this WorldBankTrust executive is not a real person; this number is a special line to Langley, and only to be used in extreme emergencies. I have a similar card, but with another name on it."

"My God." said Cindy. "If our enemies ever found this out..."

"Field Agents overseas cannot have these cards on them or among their belongings." said Joanne. "Only here in the USA, and when we're at our normal jobs."

"That is weak." said Cindy. "Too easy to be compromised. It's too easy to abuse."

"I agree." I said. "But it fits with the other stuff I've been noticing about them." I nodded. "Yes... James and May Cialis are CIA Agents..."

To be continued.