All Comments on 'More than Video Games'

by Blind_Justice

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Different Traditions

I noticed the part of the story about Christmas traditions and the differences in Germany as opposed to US or England. In the US there are as many different traditions as there are states. I know in New York state where I live the tradition is to buy a tree if you like the real ones at least 2 weeks before Christmas and decorate it then so there is no hassle or fuss doing it a day or two before the actual holiday and the meal can vary from being the big event the evening before or the day of depending on your family tradition. Ours was never a big meal with turkey or ham like many do because we already went though that a month prior for Thanksgiving. What we do is a big family breakfast with pork sausage links, scrambled eggs and toast for a breakfast / brunch meal and then the rest of the day we snack on various nuts, chips, ring bologna with Ritz crackers, cheese and various veggie sticks with dips.

As to your story I did not find any major issue with it except the main characters prolonged reluctance. Some initial reluctance is understandable, but to drag it out too long seems to be over thinking it. Other than that I enjoyed the story including the video game stuff since I am a Diablo 3 player myself.

KentishKentishover 7 years ago
Tender story

Ignore some of the comments, this is a great story, well worth five stars

GhostfreakGhostfreakover 7 years ago

Loved the overall idea of the story but really hated the ending honestly. Especially considering the fact that both parties both had equal mountains of shit to deal with. Worst they only had sex one time. Good sex, but once nontheless. It was frankly disappointing to say the least. Why not give a relationship a try before throwing in the towel? See where it goes before deciding you want to continue or end it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Well wat can I add?

Personally I like stories to be no more than 5000 words as I tend to start trying to fortell the remainder. Anything more than a page and I start speed reading... Oh and I don't do video games either.

So where does that leave me with this one?

I read every bloody word of this and loved it, it all made sense although I did have to go back a couple of times to check the wording where there are errors but what the heck, mistakes happen and I'm not on any way criticising. I was right there with Lukas, every step of the way, I so hope there's a follow on

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
One star!

It could've been 3 stars, but the story falls apart at the end.

Story1986Story1986over 7 years ago
The End....

Great story! Well written, the characters were interesting, the sex scene wasn't rushed, and there was just the right amount of build-up. I was disappointed with the end, though, and it was not nearly as fulfilling as the rest of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
So much potential!

Two stars! It's a shame it had so much going for it and then the end just......fell apart.

JagnagJagnagover 7 years ago
Loved it

Really enjoyed the story, the build up was good, the teasing, insecurities they had plus the ending was very different to most stories so well done and thanks :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good Story

Overall good story. The ending was different than most and to be honest slightly disappointing. It was very well written. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Indeed one of the best!

I'm going against the grain of several comments. I think this story, and especially the ending is closer to a real world scenario than any story I've read in this category. You may not win the competition because the story doesn't fit the fantasy outcome that many readers expect. ~ Sorry ~

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Why

On page 3 you said the aunt paid for the dilivery pizza then had the nephew "cut up the pies"????? Are dilivery pizzas not normally already cut in Europe? I'm sorry but this just took me completely out of my immersion. I read that line and instantly had to stop jacking it. What kind of place doesn't cut the pizza already? This story would've been great minus this major plot hole.

Uncut pizza pies... What kind of world is this...

Blind_JusticeBlind_Justiceover 7 years agoAuthor
@anon's pizza

Depends on the pizza place you order from, but more often than not, the pies come uncut. Well, at least you didn't trash the ending :)

alo0ozalo0ozalmost 7 years ago
didnt like it

i would have like dit if they were yogether

tavernkeepertavernkeeperabout 6 years ago
Disappointed

The transition away from being lovers came across as forced almost as though you had changed your mind on the stories direction and just wanted to end it as fast as you could. That is a shame as it seemed to be on the way to being a very well written and enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Good story

I like the story and pretty well written. I didn't care for the ending (of the sex). I would've liked it more if they had continued for a little while, possibly for a couple of months. It's just hard to believe that a candle burns that hot for only 1 shot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well written, with the exception of some missing and extra words in a few places,

which seemed a bit more jarring than usual.

I do wonder about the authenticity of the two characters actions/reactions. It seems to me if they were so bothered by the act of incest, they wouldn't have gone over the edge, to begin with. And knowing the human ability to justify actions, once they did, I find it hard to believe they stopped at once. Especially with their behavior afterwards which seemed like there was still a physical attraction between them.

Also, the crack about it not being an incest stroke story, or however you put it, had a feel of 'breaking the fourth wall', if that's the correct metaphor for breaking character or talking to the audience. It seemed out of character for either of them, as there was real affection between them, and the comment felt like it diminished the authenticity of their mutual affection.

Incest is much more complex than a lot of people think, and much more difficult to write than some authors realize. Stick to Sci-Fi...

GeoD

bhojobhojoabout 3 years ago

I liked that this wasn't the usual boy falls in love with aunt and acquires a new identity to marry her and have children shtick!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
WOW

What an idiot the guy was...

djripdjrip12 months ago

"We're not in an incest stroker story, Lukas."

Well... About that...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBlind_Justice@Blind_Justice
895 Followers
I have just uploaded the next - and final - chapter to "Mud & Magic". Should be live in a couple of days. Can't wait to hear your opinions on it! Just a quick heads-up to all my new followers: If you want to know what I'm up to, don't hesitate to visit my Patreon at https://...