All Comments on 'Mr. and Mrs. America'

by jezzaz

Sort by:
  • 176 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

The fact is that Mike was correct. His job was soul destroying and Greg would never have survived it and remain said. Likely he would have been dead. Those that Greg loved Knew THAT. So, yes, they derailed his "dream" which was a childhood fantasy. They gave him a better life and he should absolutely forgive all those that deceived him. He was too self-centered and was chasing an illusion. What they did was not like "cheating". The did a dishonest thing a greater good. Greg rails against their "betrayal " yet what makes him believe he could deal with really horrible thing his friend did?

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 2 months ago

5/5 for the story telling. The betrayal, to me is not like infidelity, but instead the victim has to go through the anger and recon of his mind. Ge should no must step back and really decide if he is better off now or did he miss out? Does he agree with Mike's reasoning or feel he missed the like he needed and wanted? On the other hand what Mike did was not to preserve Jake's better life but instead some form of brinkmanship or a one up and not "he is better off as it ended up. One last point....Jake didn't have to end up like Mike as Mike was very flawed emotionally, mentally, ethically and morally. Strong people compartmentalize whereas weak people rationalize. Again a well told tale and TFS.

Dlh143Dlh1432 months ago

Be should immediately dump the lying bitch, his father,and leave the country. He can fly his kids and to help with the manipulators.

mfj77mfj773 months ago

What was the purpose in revealing the manipulation in the letter? Worse, why let Jake know that his wife and father were in on the manipulation? Sheer vindictiveness? Stupidity? Of course, a necessary part of the story but certainly begs the question. On the other hand, is Mike really dead or "retiring" to some far off, isolated island?

Great writing, lots of drama and emotions.

Looking forward to qhml1's "Aftermath" story.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Bullshit.

He was MANIPULATED by his wife into marriage based on the lie that she was pregnant with his child.

Unforgivable.

The marriage would be over.

And I'd make one more trip to my parents home. When both dad and mom were there.

I'd confront my father in front of my mother. And when he was flippant about having lied to me. And set me up?

I'd beat the shot put of that old man. Like really beat him. Not to kill him. But probably break a bone or two. Definitely break his nose. Kick a knee out of joint. Just enough that he'd need some surgery. Be out of commission for 3 or 4 months and so that he'd never walk quite right again. Just so he'd remember why his leg hurt him when he stood up every time. Why he needed a cane to get around...so he'd remember that his son did that to him.

That his son hasn't spoken another word to him after he left him beaten and bleeding on the floor of his family room. How he'd beaten him in front of his wife...how his own son had cursed him and told him "you are now dead to me for lying and manipulating my life."

And that'd be it. I'd never speak to him ever again. And if...during that confrontation...if I found that my mother was also complicit in the deception? Was even aware of it and didn't tell me? She'd be cut off from me as well.

I'd then request from my university a sabbatical...I'd take it in Europe somewhere. And make sure the divorce went through while I was away for a few years in Europe.

This knowledge...of this entrapment...this kind of lying...to any man with any depth? Would taint everything about his life. All the happy times. I'd have the over riding question that could never be fully answered..."if she is capable of lying and manipulating this? What else is she capable of lying about? What other things in my life is she manipulating?"

It'd be over.

There is no happy ending here. This ruins their life together. It's all based on a lie.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great story

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlenny4 months ago

My father and wife would have to suffer more than they did. Especially with the father throwing salt in the wound. That relationship might have died

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The pregnancy manipulation would be the unforgivable part. At least for me, and I suspect many others too. The guy was dead, so.... Fin. But the wife and parents, now, would be another story. Guess I will have to read the sequel before commenting further.

Busman19639Busman196395 months ago

What a well written and heart warming story.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

So funny, the idea that some clown munting around the world comes anywhere close to the importance of a university professor makes me chuckle, all the more so when some of those 'professors' do side work as couriers and analyst work for those questionable agencies.

If the guy wasn't good enough to be approached by said agencies while working as an academic, I seriously doubt he had what it took. I have to chuckle knowing that even so called subversives like that member of the 60s NYC band The Fuggs went on to be a CIA analyst ...

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

When I can't stop reading a story then mull over it instead of reading another, then to me it's worthy.

Begs the age old question "Do the ends justify the means?"

Thank you jezzaz 5/5

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Really well written story. But I'm not sure I could be so forgiving. The wife friend and dad may have been right that he would not have been able to do the job. Bit they didn't know that no one does. He may have ended up a shell of a man or dead or he may have been just as good a person or even a better one. The so called pregnancy and miscarriage scenario was base manipulation and lying at its most awful level. Trust with his dad and wife must be compromised now. Am now planning to read Qhml aftermath follow up which is how I came to read this. But will be returning to read more of your work as this is a really thought provoking story and I thank you for that. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A true non-sexual classic. A betrayal in the best interests of the betrayed. A conspiracy no less. Amazing touching and real.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Uhhh...forced into marriage by the pregnancy lie. Then the whole crying about the miscarriage. That's just brutal betrayal.

He's thinking his unborn child died in its 5th month. And there was no child.

Lies from his manipulative wife. His dead immoral friend. And his asshole father.

I would leave the wife and ask for a divorce. Visit my father, and right in front of my mother I would break his nose and his jaw. And while he was rolling around on the ground I'd kick him in his balls for good measure. And I'd never speak to him again.

I was close to my father. But if he'd have manipulated my life like this? Forced me into marriage...I dead baby that wasn't...and played games with my career choices? Yeah I'd have knocked him the fuck out.

And I'd be pissing on my dead friend's grave.

He was living a lie for more than 2 decades.

Fuck this cunt of a wife. Lawyer. Enough said.

Calico75Calico7510 months ago

Excellent story. Unbelievable betrayal. A miscarriage? I can not think of a more damning and damaging lie. I don't know how Jake could ever truly trust his wife or father again. Maybe he could get through the rest of his life by remembering his kids, but I don't know how he could ever get past the betrayal and manipulation. Very well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A life founded on lies and manipulation? Would have still divorced her, likely punched my father in the face and kicked his balls. And if not divorce, certainly moving into the guest room - if he had to build it from scratch. Or a tent in the back yard (not in Rockford, though).

Having been manipulated by an ex-wife, sometimes adroitly other times not so much, makes those types of things grate like fingernails on slate.

Well written, I grant.

mainer42mainer42about 1 year ago

great story. no nitpicking from me

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I agree with Grimmer: "Acceptance after learning how he had been manipulated? That isn’t a friend. That isn’t a wife. That isn’t a 'dad'."

GrimmerGrimmerabout 1 year ago

Reread this - was on my list and was surprised I had not rated it.

Great writing however the ending left me feeling “meh.”. Acceptance after learning how he had been manipulated? That isn’t a friend. That isn’t a wife. That isn’t a “dad”.

As an “oh well” type of tale I can understand why I left it blank. Plots as a five, reads as a three.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Honesty is a crucial element in a relationship, especially a marriage. What we have here is blatant dishonesty by a supposed friend, a sperm donor who wasn't much of a father, and a manipulative bitch. The same end could have been achieved with honesty and love instead of dishonesty and betrayal.

This is just a typical "the end justifies the means" story, only poorly written.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxabout 1 year ago

I thought that I made a comment about this story several years ago but I don't see my responce anywhere except unless it was as an anonymous.. I have to agree with Mike as a best of best friends in keeping him out of the spy shit . What a TRUE friend. God if we ALL had such a friend in our lives. Loved the story, KUDOS!!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

Never left a comment but it is still great story!

5

davezqdavezqabout 1 year ago

Amazing, deep, and not afraid to confront complexity. On a small note, I really liked "Like most Americans, I tend to think that somebody who speaks with a British accent must be -- has to be -- smarter than I am." Through independent observation across many years, I also have found this to be both laughable and true. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Suspend reality and just enjoy a well-written story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

As this was written a while ago, I'll avoid the usual comments, besides a good read, enjoyed the switching between the letter and the fill-in by the MC.

Just in passing I hope to use your error in spelling of 'pore' [I love him and feel it in every pour] Now somehow or other I'm gunna use the line in a yarn and drop it on here. PS 4.99 stars why? because you included political commentary, so here is mine...There is no, and there has never ever been a good 'Politician' or political party of any sort in any country on the planet; period

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundassonover 1 year ago

If he was truly fit to be a spy then he'd suspect the parentage of his children and check it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Could not give a 5 because there was no drama about payback for her life-changing fraud.

" I can't say it in Klingon, but "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one." "

That would have been, Vulcan.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So where is the line where he asks her the rhetorical question "what else is a lie? What else have you kept from me? How can I ever trust you?"

carvohicarvohiover 1 year ago

I read this years ago, gave it a five, but felt that Jake had been brutally betrayed. I still feel the same way. Now I wonder how Jake managed the handle the rest of his life. I'll read QM's follow up to see how what he wrote. I'm not optimistic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

OH. MY. GOD. So much rambling and tangents, I couldn't tell if there was an actual story there. After the first two pages of it not actually going anywhere, I started skimming; and still couldn't find a story. I really hope you eventually learned how to tell a story, and that your later efforts are more readable; I won't be bothering to find out.

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikeralmost 2 years ago

Great story, we’ll written. 5 stars. Thanks for sharing.

DuncanitaDuncanitaalmost 2 years ago

I'm not crying, you are crying... 5stars

Karl_HundassonKarl_Hundassonalmost 2 years ago

Sounds like the father was a bit more than a bagman.

katibkatibabout 2 years ago

There is very good prose in this well-edited and engaging story despite a few lapses in pages two and three—and I can't help but point out "My best friend in the world was finally bearing his soul to me…." A few of the commentators have made worthwhile and detailed analyses of the story. A good read, far superior to the usual offerings of Lit.

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961about 2 years ago

five stars how can you not be touched in someway as too not feel a part of it .

Lector77Lector77about 2 years ago

That is some fine writing.

I'm grateful.

MormonJackMormonJackabout 2 years ago

Touching. Awesome story. THANK YOU!

Ok, even though i found this touching, incredible, awesome, and all that, I wondered: why didn't Jo just tell him how she felt. Why not make it a condition that he NOT join the spy world as a condition for their relationship. Then, Jo would have been up-front with no fake miscarriage, Dad wouldn't have manipulated his life, and friend wouldn't have interfered where he wasn't invited. It would have been his decision and none other: he would have failed or succeeded on his own merits, not as a collusion between Dad, BF and spouse. Yeah, I know, it would have been a different story.

Thanks again for the awesome story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

So so lots of words, kind of dragged out and rambling on about would of, could of, should of; and what’s inside someone’s head and thoughts!

Yes it told a story of life from a point of view - and committed lifelong love.

OK story, and something drove you to visualize the words and create the storyline, as it is was a story you needed to tell from your experience, family or friends experience, or whatever sparked you to get our words on paper.

For us, not a 5 but not a 1.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Adding to my long comment I forgot part of the families deception was his wife having a miscarriage, the one act alone was extremely cruel considering the kind of guy our Mr. America was. No, no forgiveness.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

By the way this story has been continued by qhml1 as Mr and Mrs America, after the letter.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Very good story. When dreams are destroyed purposely I'm not sure there can be forgiveness.

After all what do we have if don't have our dreams. Some may just fantasy's with no probability of happening but others are necessary. I have never had any particular dream. As a man I fell into the roll of a husband, father and provider for the family. A very selfish wife and mother of my children destroyed that family after only 13 years. Fortunately I found a good woman with 4 children and that family is still around today some 40 years later. The only thing missing is my loving wife who passed some time ago.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nicely written, great story, but I guess it is just hard to accept that a person would so quickly accept others being so disrespectful and conniving. Tricking someone to marry you, and then saying it was ok because you wouldn't otherwise have the kids you now love, is disingenuous. Most folk love their kids and the life they have, but expect to be able to decide for themselves if and when they will have kids. Still, a good read for 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Read QHML1's version of this story; his sequels are excellent because the professor decides he won't tolerate what they've done. So much better than this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just a story, then? But one that displays humanity's inhumanity. Betrayed by his friend, his wife and his father. He thinks he is "happy", but those betrayals will consume him until his dying day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The one lie that would be hardest to forgive, if ever, was the miscarriage. It was intentional inflicted pain maybe or maybe not necessary for the plan to work but maybe or maybe not forgivable. It would, however, change the dynamic of the marraige forever!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I’d still punch dad in the face. I don’t care how old he is. Especially with his commentary. The wife… I Don know if I could look at her the same. He knows his friend was a spy. So he knows that the story about his spy life sucking could be a lie. I’m most of the time a gullible man. So when I find something out, I typically become a paranoid man. So finding out my wife derailed my chosen career by putting me through the grief of a dead child? And at the beginning of the marriage no less? I’d doubt mostly everything. That marriage would probably come to an end. Not even by me divorcing her. By the distance I would consciously and subconsciously create. She’d probably initiate. My sister had a miscarriage. The grief I saw in her and her husband, was agonizing. They probably don’t even know that when I found out they lost the baby I cried a lot. I doubt I’m going to have kids but I love my nieces and nephew more than anything. Even if I am terrible at showing it. I’d probably resent the pain of thinking I had lost my child more than the career. No matter how long. That is a harsh pain. In the end they probably did the right thing. I’d still hate them for it.

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

If the author’s goal was to knot my guts over what was done to the MC he achieved it. I suspect this one will live in the back of my mind for the next while.

jezzazjezzazover 2 years agoAuthor

“ The kids are Mikes not the fathers...

Wanna bet?”

I have to comment on this, because I can’t stop laughing at this.

You do understand that this is JUST A STORY, right? These people do not exist. The only thing in here you can take as true is what I’ve written and decided, because I wrote it.

This kind of comment is just so weird. It’s like someone is telling me that what I wrote isn’t actually what happened, they know better, even though it’s expressly said in the story to the contrary of this claim. As though these people are real, and this person has the inside scoop that no one else has.

<shakes head> dude, I’m glad you got engaged with the story but no, your claims are baseless and I know this, because I, as I mentioned, I WROTE THIS ANS THESE PEOPLE ARE NOT REAL.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I read some comments before writing this & discovered I had the same feelings but suppressed them.

I’d do a paternity test on all the kids BUT wouldn’t tell the wife unless they came back with a problem.

Analytically I could accept her story, but not emotionally.

Telling the entire story (including the fake pregnancy and miscarriage) to all & Sundry family would be an absolute need if I were to get over this.

Trust would remain sorely compromised.

The letter was an unwarranted hurt.

Bill

NonSequitourNonSequitourover 2 years ago

This story bothers me for the same reason as BigGuy33's "Family Tradition". No spoiler, but in both stories the MC's life path was changed by loved ones "who knew what was best".

I don't appreciate that attitude from government and I sure wouldn't from my wife. I could get "past it" but damn sure wouldn't forget.

Jake should consider new hobbies. Maybe he could take up skydiving, or better yet, amateur sports car racing. If Jo thought it was too dangerous he could just tell her to fuck off.

My idea of a perfect "Mr. & Mrs. America" would NOT include a Mr. who had never earned a cent outside academia.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The kids are Mikes not the fathers...

Wanna bet?

baulloyder68baulloyder68almost 3 years ago

I read this several years ago and the second time was just as good as he first. Thank you. FIVE*****

JonDoe315JonDoe315almost 3 years ago

Deceived for 20+ yrs whether with good intentions is still wrong

Cringo31Cringo31almost 3 years ago

This story brings up such conflicting emotions. On one side it is a well written and compelling story, but the emotions of how the ends were accomplished could not lead to such easy forgiveness by most men.

Even if all 3 of the betrayers say they loved him and knew what was best fir him, the total lack of honesty on their side shows that the thought their disrespect ends fir him were justified by any means and that is so cruel.

This is coming from a man who has experienced the heartbreak of miscarriage and the loss of a child I know that I could not have so easily forgiven my wife, let alone my father.

This lack of apologies from the wife or father really shows a true lack of love and respect even if they claim they do live him.

Only a 3 due to the total lack of respect fir a man.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A well written story but I don't understand the 'why' of it. Why did Mike admit the conspiracy to Jake and why did Jake take it so hard. I can understand being angry for the conspiracy the emotions of a miscarriage can be devastating and I can't see a women being able to act enough to pretend she had had one. I'm not sure the author really understands how bad it can be for a couple to lose a child through a miscarriage especially for a women to carry a child to a 5 month term. I don't believe that any wife could be convinced to lie to her husband this way or that she could actually keep up the pretence of being pregnant for 5 months.

The childhood dream shit is just silly. Throughout life we don't achieve all our dreams but usually other things compensate. I guess at the end of the day this story doesn't make sense to me.

So I guess for me the story is a failure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Lives in lies for 20years

Forgive but never forget. What kind of marriage is it going to be. I was enjoying the story till the revelation part I was so pissed off I just stop reading.

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 3 years ago

Forgive, probably. Forget, never. And sadly, it'd be a permanent stain on the relationships. It would cast a pallor over every memory. There would probably be plenty of affection left, but it'd be less that it had been before and it might well keep fading until it was too little to matter. I'm pretty sure I'd go looking for something that wasn't contaminated by lies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well written but bullshit

I could ever forgive them no matter how much time had past. The only way I'd consider not divorcing her would be if she paid to DNA test the children to prove they were mine and then confess the whole tale to the kids, not just her side of the story. I'd disown my parents, without delay. Next, being an established author I'd write a pseudo tell-all book. With no way to get even with Mike, I'd simply dispose of all my momentos of him in such a way that no one could retrieve them. As for Jo, I'd treat every word and future action of hers with total suspicion until the day one of us died. If she were to complain, I'd reminder her exactly who it was that broke the trust in the relationship. If she'd get mad about it, let her stew in her own juices or file for divorce and let her become a hypocrite. She'd have to move Heaven and Earth on a daily basis before I'd ever trust her in even the smallest of things. A well written story but Jezzaz must really hate the main character to do him like that.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago

I started out liking the story but is was the ultimate conspiracy of deciding his life for him. Why not tell him upfront what that kind of life was really like? How could he ever trust his wife was telling the truth again? Lying about a pregnancy and a miscarriage? Why didn't he notice that? Women who miscarry usually go into a deep depression. I thought about being in this guys shoes but I've never had any dreams or illusions about what I wanted to do with my life. I never planned on getting a trade and fixing things but grandma said go get a trade so I did. I never planned on getting married but the young lady got pregnant so I married her. I never planned on getting a divorce but she wanted one. I think most of us do not 'plan' our lives with just live them deal with the hand we are dealt with common sense and morals. Interesting premise and well written.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

20 years of ultimate betrayal...

mordbrandmordbrandover 3 years ago
Betrayed by all at the deepest level

Forgives everyone involved because it was a little over two decades ago.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Stabbed in the back and He never felt a thing.

Is he really so dumb he didnt see Mike was Stabbing him in the back. Get DNA checked on the kids.I bet Mike was fucking Jo every visit

LT56linebackerLT56linebackeralmost 4 years ago
Very good story...

Didn't think of it as being like it was. True life. Was a little disappointed when you said up front there was no sex, couldn't figure how it was going to go. but not bad. The Bear approves. 6 stars, now I have to read part two. Hope you don't blow it.

The BEAR

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Loved it!

Great story line. The perfect tragedy. Nicely done. Well worded. I would be livid too but sensibility eventually wins out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Nope!

Really didn't like that his suppose friends and family planned out his entire life for him. From a more or less forced marriage to the job he ended up having.

BillandKateBillandKateabout 4 years ago
You Must Have Known ....

... how much sh*t you would get when you wrote this ending. And yet, you did it anyway - 5 stars for a fine story. And as good as the story was - the commentators spinning themselves into a whirling dervish of outrage was just too funny. I can imagine the spittle on their screens as they compose the comments. Thanks for a good tale and for providing the fodder for some great laughs.

Bill

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Like Anon 11/24/15's story better.

Can't help thinking that Jezzaz is a huge Matt Moreau fan.

Meanwhile, IFF J stays with Jo, handing out '23 and Me' kits at the next "family" holiday get together juuuuust might give her and dear old Dad an inkling of the cost of what they did.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Hell of a story

Very well written. And TOTAL bullshit. His Father, his best friend and his wife conspire to make a life altering decision for Jake. They think it's the best decision. But how do they know? Maybe Jake turns out to be better suited for the "life" than they all suspect. After all, they're guessing at an outcome, making suppositions about what is coming and then making decisions that completely altered Jake's life. The miscarriage hoax was the worst of all. Mike is gone. No revenge possible there. But Jake sure as hell could have never seen or spoken to his Father again. And he may have been able to sue Jo for fraud, telling the Court that she used a fake pregnancy to get him to marry her. Even if he can't get the marriage annulled he sure as hell could have gotten a divorce and let their kids know what liars and cheats their Mother, their Uncle and their Grandfather were. This was betrayal at the highest level and deserved whatever revenge he could come up with. Even the quality of the overall story couldn't save this awful, disgusting ending. Half a life time ruined by deceivers. No. The ends don't justify the means. This story pissed me off. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I Enjoyed The Story

Immensely and can accept the premise that everyone did what they did for Jake's best interest as they saw it. Not saying I agree with what they did but I can accept they honestly believed it was for the best. For anyone who prefers a much darker, knee jerk, hostile reaction from Jake I suggest a sequel ending by the master Qhml1 by the same title. It won't be better for some but I will say it struck a chord with me. Signed: BTW

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
This was truly a very good story

Shows sometimes doing bad is for the best, this story should touch everyone about how the cost can be too heavy sonetimes.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 5 years ago
No

Great story with a pussy ending only a female could like.

HarleyusaoneHarleyusaonealmost 5 years ago
Well

Tough read

Fairly well written

Entertaining

Thought provoking

Sneaky bad

My my

rastageorgerastageorgealmost 5 years ago
Don't editors proofread too?

Even though I rate a story by the quality of the work, I also take into consideration when I have to take a moment to figure out what was was written when there are ALL forms of grammatical errors (misspelled words, missing words, etc). Still gave this one 4 stars though. Why would you write a SHORT story and not proofread it first before submitting it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
💩💩

Jake should seek a separation and tell the children the whole ugly story. Imagine how much fun the surviving conspirators will have trying to put a positive spin on the past 23 years. Then he should go public and let them suffer the fallout of the court of public opinion. It's called going nuclear, and MAD (mutually assured destruction). Think Jo will love him then? If she doesn't she'll look like an even worse villain than she already does. HA!

SkubabillSkubabillover 5 years ago
Smashing!!!

A spectacular read. Where does all the criticism come from? This guy has more writing talent in a fingernail clipping than most of us have in our entire bodies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
This is a great effen ending!

Screw the critics!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Really?

The last 12 paragraphs suck. The three primary people in his life have been laughing at him in private for 23 years and he's supposed be okay with it?? And your ending wasforced, abrupt, and about as incomplete as that crap that edrider spews out. Giving you a 1 and that's being generous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Good story if you like screwed endings.

I'd divorce the bitch. Thank goodness Qhml1 wrote a much better ending to this story.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Ende77

It really is a kind of cuckolding. She was scheming with another man to manipulate and shaft him behind his back. That's everything but intercourse. I'd make sure the kids eventually got the whole story but parents and ex wife would be dead to me. Of course dna testing better say they are my kids.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Yeah

pissed me off so by that measure it's a good story. I wonder how long she would hang around after she was constantly referred to by her new nickname LC pronounced Elsie standing for lying cunt.

notredame43notredame43about 6 years ago
i like the alternative ending that was done

Sorry while the road to hell is paved with good intentions, the wife, sperm donor and so called friend are Pieces of shit. Good story jezzaz top notch but I def like the story that turned this ending on its ear. The wife though, conniving bitch doesn't cover it

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 6 years ago
Excellent story!

Superb writing and plot.

Only missing an ending.

Qhml1 took care of that.

And therein lies my problem

with this story.

It required another writer's

focus on this story, to

make me interested in reading it.

It's name is just so uninteresting!

Shows you the importance

of a story's name, lol.

Great story jezzaz.

One of your best!

Top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
There is amazing depth to this story; I wonder if the author saw all the facets...

I especially admire the author painting Mike's philosophy regarding why his underhanded conduct is necessary (though at odds with the "white hat" rescues he dreamed of as a youth) by mirroring the professor's protected life. Why does anyone in the service or public safety make the dangerous sacrifices? To win the battle or honor the flag, or to save friends and family? Years of conversation with military heroes illuminate that defending personal relationships motivates most of their actions. It's an imperfect world, as Mike's character would understand, and using his best friend to personify apple-pie America is wrenchingly realistic.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 6 years ago
anon dumb asses

there wasnt even any cuckolding in this story. i didnt read all the comments but is it just me or is that prego/miscarry lie borderline evil?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
DetroitCuckCity nailed it

closet cucks have limited attention spans, shorten the dang story!

HomefrontWitnessHomefrontWitnessover 6 years ago
The unforgiveable part

Isn't that they "stole his dream" or any of that crap. It's the way they did it. If this happened to me, I'd be remembering the year I spent comforting my wife after her miscarriage. That is truly sociopathic and unjustifiable. And never mentioned in the fallout of this revelation.

All the meanderings of this story, and you missed the most important part. I'd have an easier time getting the image of my wife fucking another man in our bed out of my mind, than the image of all the times I held her and comforted her about losing a baby that never even existed. The guy was grieving and thought he had to be strong for his wife, and she was just role playing grief after deceiving him. It's like that munchausen or whatever, where a parent (usually mother) makes their own kid sick with poison so they can nurse them.

The quick turn around ending was awful, he never even had a conversation with his wife really, other than to be told he should get over it. She had 20 years to live with it, and calcify her justifications. He had 20 seconds, and she doesn't even apologise. Just berates him, really. Like he's being petulant, giving him no time at all to adjust, not to mention he's already grieving his lifelong friend.

An alternate version of this, where what they did to him wasn't so egregious, and I would have liked the story very much. A great little parable about appreciating what you have VS fantasy. For example, if they had planted something that made him seem like a security risk without him ever knowing. That would be forgivable in context. Making him miss the interviews, shitty but fine. But what they all did to him, faking a pregnancy and miscarriage, and keeping it secret for two decades, would be impossible to get past so quickly. If ever.

This was a huge miss emotionally, and a little childish in it's simplicity. The wife wasn't a take no shit strong woman, she was a sociopath. Contrasting the two men's lives should have been interesting, but was hugely wasted in a story with this premise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
NFW!

Screw them all. Was my life all a lie? Could I trust anyone in my family ever again? I don't think that I ever would or could.

LoneWolfreverieLoneWolfreverieover 6 years ago
hypocrisy and isolated views of some people in the comments

if and when subterfuge is used against you, it cant be forgiven but still think that there will be enough soul left while lying to wife, children and everyone daily as well as destroying others life with things more heinous than miscarriage for less reason.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
It

would have been awhile before I got over that. If ever. If we did reconcile I'd say if there's anything else confess it now because one more lie after today and I will burn you down. And dad would be functionally dead to me. A distance would be in place that would never diminish. Fuck them all it was for my own good. I wasn't a child and I resent deeply being motivated. And my friend was a dumb ass for finally confessing.

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 6 years ago
think you have to be in the mood for this kind of story 5* though for taking the trouble

not that much going on in this one, i have a pet hate for overly wordy stories especially with spelling errors. it's pore not "pours". you have pores in your skin and you pour liquid.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1* Because There is Nothing Lower

I'd of had Jake leave her and the ruse she, his dad, and his dead friend started long ago.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Shitty

This is shitty because I think in your mind you made it ok.

boatbummboatbummalmost 7 years ago
What KRD19254 Said

Along with others who find Jo's fake pregnancy and miscarriage, and living a lie for her entire life with him with no remorse, a little too much to accept. Jake has blindly lived his entire adult life in a Potemkin Village, and it's time to move out. Love your kids all you want, but kick the lying cunt to the curb and move on!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Boring

Boring😵

KRD19254KRD19254almost 7 years ago

6* writing.... The story well, if it was me - I could not get over being trapped/manipulated even if it was 23yrs ago. She had that little trust in him that she had to fake a pregnancy for marriage then a miscarriage to cover her tracks. It was all about what SHE wanted with no regard as to what he wants then playing on his decency. The big issue to me is her lawyer-eeze callous justification showing no remorse for the deception inflicted - that spoke volumes about that relationship. She had no respect for him as a man he was just her sperm doner. The marriage trust is NOW shattered, now that he knows he's been played for 23yrs.

It is time for him to take a long long walk away, not one week in a motel. Which she probably doesn't care if he does as she had the kids - he's of no need anymore.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Good story, very well written

Sorry, but NO way would I forgive the wife for her fake pregnancy and miscarriage. No way. I'm very happy with Qhml1's sequels, they handle Mr. America's response as it should have been. Nothing in that marriage, in his life, his relationship with his parents - none of it is real, nothing is organic. It's all twisted, convoluted, manufactured, folded, spindled, and mutilated. FUBAR. Say Adios to Father dearest and lying wife and head out for greener pastures - which is anywhere far away from those "loved ones" who thought him incapable of living his own life.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 7 years ago
The only problems I'd have - really - are two...

One, Mike was the one who came up with the idea to prevent Jake following his path...? Jake's father, with decades more life under his belt, couldn't have come up with a better idea...?

And part of problem one as well as the fullness of problem two... She considered the crushing damage he experienced thinking she'd both had a miscarriage as well as his belief she felt guilt over it which just added to his... She felt that was ok.

I mean obviously she DID think it was worth it... But though she thought it was worth it I'd have hoped she'd STILL beg for his forgiveness of putting him through it.

But definitely a different story...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
VERY REALISTIC

Macho boys down below with their comments don't agree. Story had some humor and it was not dark. I can tell you what is worse than being a Republican though, a progressive liberal. Nothing is perfect except themselves. Good story about choices, some you choose yourself and some that are chosen for you by others.

krnchrmankrnchrmanover 7 years ago
I hate wimps

They stole his life. Father, wife, and so called best friend. I don't believe anything those three did or said for his whole life. Who knows what else they did to him and laughed behind his back. Are the children his? Apparently he let them do it to him without any penalty. What a wimp.

Story was well written, plot and main character absoluty sucked.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userjezzaz@jezzaz
I don’t know why this bit exists? Like I’m gonna tell you about myself.