All Comments on 'Mrs. Hardison Ch. 05'

by FinalStand

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
a month and a half for THIS.

I waited a month and a half for this. I feel frustrated. I knew she was a cold, heartless bitch, but I thought Eddie was starting to get through to her. I see this story becoming something I do not want to read. Eddie fighting for his parental rights and her becoming a gloating, cold heartless bitch. yuck.

marklionmarklionover 11 years ago
Great Chapter!!!!

You have written another great chapter in the story. I'm happy to see Eddie standing up to Gloria about how she treats him and what she said about not putting his name on the baby's birth certificate. Can hardly wait to see what you do in the next chapter of this story.

Mark

FinalStandFinalStandover 11 years agoAuthor
Gloria and Eddie

I didn't mean to portray Gloria as being a cold hearted bitch. She's had an iron-clad hold of her life for fifteen years. She's been betrayed by the two most important men in her life (her husband and Mr. Vance) then Eddie shows up and throws her into a turmoil. Suddenly she's having to think about having a child in her life so she takes steps she sees as defending herself. To her, keeping the child under her guardianship seems the smart thing to do. She doesn't think of Eddie and how he feels about it, but that is more a character fault on her part than actual viciousness. Eddie's reaction wasn't something she expected.

As I said in an earlier chapter, sex is not a panacea. Gloria isn't going to change who she is overnight, or even in a few months, but I hope that I have shown that she has been growing since the beginning. I hope it is clear she loves Eddie and that he loves her. People aren't perfect, there will be complications in a relationship, and not every resolution is pretty.

I hope you do keep following the story because I do feel there is more to be told. As for why it took so long; I'm bipolar so there are times when it is difficult to write. All I can ask for is patience.

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilover 11 years ago
Enjoyed it but

I am starting to think Eddie wants to get himself killed. And what kind of sick bastard would deliberately put the woman he loves though something like that office rape thing? Forcing her to relive that trauma. Hard to imagine her feeling warm and fuzzy afterwards. Either she will now see him as a manipulative bastard like her old boss, using the things she confided to him to twist her, or she will start hating herself more for becoming like that boss.

He didn't seem to have thought about this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Wow!

Hi,

I did not see this coming, yet although it's different I think necessary for the relationship's tone to eventually change and there be some parity between them.

I am glad you're feeling better ( we emailed a few weeks ago) and I look forward to the continuation of the story.

I happen to not see Gloria as a cold bitch, rather a very hurt woman who has no idea how to do things differently.

I can't wait.

digdaddyrichdigdaddyrichover 11 years ago
Gloria is so fucked up in the head, that he should be wondering if she is worth the trouble.

A great chapter, and I thought that Gloria was becoming more of a woman than just a business machine.

It should be clear to him by now, that she doesn't respect him at all, and if he is smart, he'll walk away before she does something more to hurt him.

Thanks for the read.

AmorousFuckerAmorousFuckerover 11 years ago
Another fine chapter

I'll admit, it's a roller coaster ride, but this was necessary for the story. It's come to a breaking point, and she is struggling mightily with giving up the control she still doesn't completely understand. He is showing a few flaws, as well, but all in all he is holding himself together quite well and doing the only thing that can be done if they are to have a realistic shot at being a real couple. The simulated rape experience that he put her through surprised me, but it makes perfect sense. She is treating him this way as a reaction to the way she had been treated, and he had to show her that in order to get through to her. I wait for what I presume will be the final chapter with baited breath...

breastdevilbreastdevilover 11 years ago
What a evil bitch...

As a father if a woman did that to me. I would end it instantly. That is a total lack of respect. I understand her life hardships but damn. Not to mention he has asked her to marry him twice. She has got one dark heart that is going to require a hell of a lot of love. Until she starts really thinking about his interest they are not really going to get anywhere. I bet when that baby pops out is when her heart becomes anew. It will be a walking, talking, breathing reflexion of their love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
I can relate...

As someone who is married to an extremely intelligent woman, I can relate. It's never easy and it takes hard work. The kids only hope is that Eddie stays involved with his/her life and try to soften up mommy.

Great story. Keep it coming!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Please Continue the Story

Hi, Just happen to read the stories. I am sure, along with me, there are many readers who are biting their nails to read further about Gloria & Eddie. Please continue!

A sincere request.

FinalStandFinalStandover 11 years agoAuthor
Still Alive

I'm am still writing, though slowly, and I'm working through some issues with my editor (who I dearly need) but I truly believe this story will go on. I've asked for a lot of patience and I'm afraid I'm going to need a little more. It is my plan to get to the birth of Gloria and Eddie's child before I wrap this one up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Please Continue......

You should not delay in posting so long that readers lose interest in following the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
cant wait anymore

I give up waiting for chapter 6

Really 2 fucking months

I fucking love this story and your writing but I give up waiting

Could u at least say when chapter 6 might be done PLEASE!!!!! I'M DYING HERE

FinalStandFinalStandover 11 years agoAuthor
Groan ...

There have been three problems:

1) My condition has been much worse this fall; doctor isn't sure why but I have become more tolerant of my medications (not a good thing as they are less effective).

2) My editor had personal problems rise up and bite him in the ass and since my work is so much better with an editor I've waited.

3) Until I picked a new editor and, guess what, they developed RW problems as well so I'm kind of freaking out.

I've written nearly 200K words of new material, I swear, that only needs an editor to get out there.

Writing is my therapy; it is how I get by every day as I cannot work and I interact with almost no one outside the home. I write every day, even if it is only a few hundred words and on a good day I can put out more than 5K.

I have submitted new work to my second editor and hope to hear from them soon. If I don't hear back from them at the start of the New Year, I'll look for a third ... and try not to wreck their lives too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Patients

I know some of u are dying to get ch 6 as much as I am but u can't rush great writing the more we wait the greater the story will be and Finalstand I hope you get better and work everything out with your editors

high_lander2000adhigh_lander2000adover 11 years ago
It is worth the wait

Dear FinalStand

I really enjoy your story. You hang in there

And do the best You can. I and all the others

will be happy when it arrives. Just don 't pull

A Robert Jordan on us.

High_lander2000ad

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
love this story so mach

you know how many times I read this story.i read this story series almost 4 times.i love it very much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Enough

Dear Mr. Final Stand,

It is rather disappointing for an author of such great honor to halt the story for personal reasons. I find it ridiculous that your readers are supposed to wait an indefinite amount of time in order to read the end of this romance. In conclusion I am displeased by your current perfomance and start to think that you are only writing erotic novels for financial purposes.

I hope chapter 6 is released in a couple of days, if not I will be obligated to stop returning to your account.

Thanks,

The readers

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
WHEN

Just read this, when are you planning OR are you planning on finishing this story? cD95

shanebrumdershanebrumderalmost 11 years ago
I never thought I would say this...

But I prefer this to CCSC. Please please PLEASE finish this story up, even if it means putting CCSC on hold. You have this way about you of drawing people in to stories that are highly unbelievable, (IE CCSC) and others that touch your heart. (IE Mrs. Hardison) I love both stories, and have been chomping at the bit for the next chapter of CCSC, especially since you've been spitting them out rapid-fire, but I wouldn't mind a break in that to see you continue with this story. Keep up the fantastic work.

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilalmost 11 years ago
Still hoping for more.

Thanks for commenting on the delay. At least it gives up hope. I imagine many of us do not go back to read comments so it might help us(ok it would help ME) if you used you author page for postings about such stuff.

You have several irons in the fire and I look forward to more for any of them.

SWIM21SWIM21almost 11 years ago
I hope you continue soon, but I understand how hard it is

I also struggle with mental illness and I know how truly debilitating it can be at times. Although this is truly one of the best and most realistic love stories I've ever read, I will be patient until you are able to finish it the way you feel that it should end. All I can say is thank you for writing what you have written so far because this story has helped me gain a lot of perspective on the kind of women I seem to be attracted to (highly intelligent, but emotionally unavailable). I can say from personal experience that your portrayal of Mrs. Hardison is keenly and painfully accurate, so much so that I found myself wincing at her words because they echoed many I have heard myself. That being said, I will also say this - when you finish this work, it will be a masterpiece, but it is not at all worth sacrificing your health over.

Do not push yourself if you aren't ready. In the immortal words of Charles Bukowski in his poem, "so you want to be a writer?":

'unless it comes out of

your soul like a rocket,

unless being still would

drive you to madness or

suicide of murder,

don't do it.

unless the sun inside you is

burning your gut,

don't do it.'

Those words have guided me well and kept me sane for many years when it comes to my own writing. Good luck, and stay healthy first.

DesireeFoxDesireeFoxalmost 11 years ago
Wish that Gloria could see it,

but eddie went a little too far. Neither one sees that it will take all thre to fix this problem, that woul be Ms Cook, Mrs Hardison and Eddie

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Please continue

This is one of the best stories on the site. Your characters are engrossing and the stories are insightful. I really like CCSC as well, but please work on this some more. And please give more A Tale of the Technician too please. I am greedy to see the continuance of each series.

ukbajanukbajanalmost 11 years ago
Please Continue

You have to wrap up the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
CLOSURE PLEASE!!!

You had us going, I for one, was reading intently and you left us dangling..........

Finish this off!!

Ravey19Ravey19almost 4 years ago
Great Chapter

Think you've kept it simpler so it's been more effective.

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

The worm has turned, at last

5/5

Diecast1Diecast13 months ago

Nice story. AAAA++++

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFinalStand@FinalStand
First off, I thrive on feedback; so please fire away when you get the urge. I read it all and it often brings different perspectives. The main thing making me a little unusual is that I'm bi-polar … with some serious medication on board to stay semi-normal. My other character...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES