My Angel of Mercy

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I'd see Alex tomorrow night, and then I'd make up my mind. I was feeling so torn, it was hard to concentrate on the rest of my shift.

* * * * *

I woke up earlier than usual after a "Kayla treatment" and was very hungry and had to piss like a racehorse. And without the painful erection.

That stopped me cold.

I didn't have the erection. I didn't have the God-awful pain. I was cramping with having to piss, but the rest of it was gone. I hit the call paddle.

I got Nurse Rat-shit again. Just my fucking luck. I told her I needed help getting to the bathroom and she just gave me a disdainful look and handed me a piss-bottle. I told her, no, I needed to go to the toilet and if she wouldn't help, I'd bloody well do it myself and started to work my way out of the bed. I guess that got her attention enough that she called two of the other nurses and they, rather than Nurse Nancy, got me to the toilet where I managed the great relief of the pent-up piss and also managed to give Dr. Carlton his precious stool sample.

My back still hurt where Kayla and I had had our "accident" - but the excruciating pain was gone. I tried telling Nurse Nancy about it but she just blew me off. So I told her I wanted to see whatever doctor was on call and she told me she'd see what she could do... which turned out to be nothing, since she didn't deem it medically necessary before Dr. Carlton saw me the next day. That woman was seriously pissing me off.

I bided my time until second shift imagining all the ways I could make Nurse Ratched's life miserable, beginning with getting her fired for unprofessional conduct and including a lawsuit for reckless endangerment. It kept me amused.

The second shift Charge Nurse, Mary, was an okay gal and when I explained my change in condition, she made sure to note it. She also, unfortunately, asked me if I had any idea what might have caused my change in condition and idiot me, without thinking, told her I might have popped something back into place when Kayla and I were fucking.

Her expression froze and she stopped writing.

"I did not say what you thought you heard," I hurried to explain. "I misspoke myself. I meant 'fucking around' like when she was trying to move me. Last night I was trying to sit up or roll over so she could change my dressings on my back and I think something popped."

She looked down at my chart before informing me that Kayla changed my dressings two nights ago.

"Then maybe it was helping me get to the bathroom," I temporized. "Anyway, that's the only thing I can think of..."

"I'll bet..." she murmured to my chart as she finished a couple of notes. "Well, we'll have dinner for you between six and seven, Mr. Foster. Try to relax until then. You're blood pressure is a little high."

"It'll come down, now that you're here," I told her and apparently the implication wasn't lost on her. She smirked a little as she nodded and left the room. I lay back and went back to daydreaming about my Angel of Mercy. I was 99% convinced she's the one that fixed my back with the vigorous fucking. I just wasn't sure how to communicate that to the doctor without getting her in trouble. I was going to have to make up some kind of lie.

* * * * *

Barbara caught me on my way in.

"You and Mr. Foster need to be a little more careful about describing the miracle you worked on him. People are starting to put two and two together," she told me.

"What are you talking about?" I almost whispered. "What miracle?" She handed me his chart.

I glanced at it, then looked again. And again.

The erectile problem was gone and he was going back to "normal" with no further evidence of the severe pain. His only continuing problems were the healing burns and shrapnel wounds.

"Is this a joke?" I asked. I couldn't figure how any of the staff could be that cruel.

"No joke," Barbara told me. "Your antics appear to have snapped something back into place and relieved the pressure on the nerves. He's no longer the guy with too much dick and not enough hands. Now he just doesn't have his hands."

"Wow," I breathed. "I guess that's pretty good."

"Agreed," Barbara told me. "But he's let slip about fucking and you could end up in a lot of trouble."

"I'll, um... I'll, uh, fix that tonight," I told her. "And thanks for keeping it off the official record." I knew now what I was going to have to do.

"You've got him tonight," she told me, leaving me with his chart. "Make him comfortable but don't get caught."

"Yes, ma'am!" I fake-saluted and she smiled, then walked away.

I could leave my pets with my girlfriend Marisol, until I could get Marcus to sail them to me in Puerto Rico. I would go to my parents' place and commandeer my old bedroom. They'd be happy to see me, although I'd get the Third Degree about why I'd left St. Thomas. I could probably chalk it up to boyfriend trouble and they probably wouldn't push too hard... except for Mamma. She'd want to know all about this first boyfriend of mine and whether she'd have to have him beaten up.

I would just get out of the way and let it all blow over. Alex could go back to his life after he healed and not have to worry about me stalking him or some such. I'd ask for personal leave, on the off-chance that I might want to come back here to work, but if I had to quit, so be it. I would normally be off until Wednesday anyway, so me not showing up after tonight wouldn't alarm him...

With that settled in my head, I felt a lot calmer. I went ahead and did my other patients first. I wanted some unrushed time with him. I also broke out the little yellow hair ribbon that we nurses recognized as a "Do Not Disturb" sign. It was usually for when one of us had a partner in and wanted a little privacy for a quickie, or needed to crash for awhile on a slow night.

I wanted the privacy, but it wasn't going to be a "quickie" if I could help it.

"Hey, Angel!" he greeted me as I walked in. "Thank God you're back! You are a certified Miracle Worker and I'll testify to the bloody Pope for you!"

"I think you should keep your testifying between us, Mr. Foster," I told him. "Rumors are starting and I could get fired. Or charged."

"Oh, shit..." was his simple response. "Well, whatever it is, I'll deny it all."

I smiled and shook my head as I went and checked the monitors and his drip.

"I hear you're in a lot less pain these days," I told him as I faced away so he couldn't see my silly grin.

"Yeah, some Fairy Godmother came by with her Magic Wand and beaned me on the noggin." I could hear the smile in his voice. "When I woke up, I was a lot more comfortable. Too bad I didn't get the license number of that FGM, though. I'd like to thank her someday."

"I think she should be thanking you," I told him as I turned back to him. "You were probably the high point of her career."

"I doubt that," he told me with a gorgeous smile. "I think she's probably got a lot more highs in her."

That smile melted my nethers and was going to make what I had to tell him later, that much harder.

"Well, Alex..." I stressed it on purpose. "I've just come on shift and I have quite a bit to do."

"I could have sworn you'd cum on shift last night," he smiled and he was starting to look boyish cute - which is a good trick for a man in his sixties. "Doing it just now must mean you can't resist me."

You have no idea, I thought. "I'll be back later, when I can spend some time with you," I told him. "In the meantime, is there anything I can do for you?"

"You could get naked and crawl in bed with me," he suggested. Okay, so that got a snort out of me.

"Later," I told him and the surprised look on his face was priceless. "Anything else?"

"That shot of Jack?" he asked hopefully.

"Mr. Foster..." I had to pretend to be cross.

"Okay, alright, already," he shrugged. "You can't blame a man for trying."

"No, you're right, I can't," I admitted. "If you need anything, hit the call paddle. I'll see you in a bit."

"No worries, luv," he answered softly with a nod and I headed out to find Barbara.

I needed a confidant. Somebody who knew the system and could help me find and file the right paperwork, and do it in a hurry. I wanted to be off St. Thomas before Wednesday night. That meant pushing the leave through on Monday, turning over any patient notes or anything I had that wasn't on the ward by Tuesday and being on a plane or boat by Wednesday. I also wanted to tell her what I intended to do tonight and have her make sure we weren't disturbed, but so I would have backup in case something went wrong.

Based on her initial reaction, I was really, really hoping she was the one.

It turned out she was. We had a lull and I pulled her down to the lounge for a cup of vending machine coffee. I told her I needed to level with her and have none of it screw up Alex. Mr. Foster, that is. She agreed, as long as whatever I needed to share didn't fall under the mandatory reporting requirements. That one was kind of iffy, but since I'd had Alex's consent and he was lucid and able to give it freely, and had actually, in a way, already asked me, I figured I could skirt the issue.

So I told her. Starting with my original intent to fuck him again, and now since the erectile problem had disappeared, to try to make love with him. Actual, real, honest-to-God lovemaking. Naked together and exploring each other and letting down the shields and being intimate with each other. And I told her about his request that I crawl into bed with him, naked. She looked at me for quite awhile before responding.

"This stays between us, Kayla," she began. I was confused, because I'd already asked her for complete secrecy. When she went on, it got clearer. "That's how I met Jack."

"Jack?" I asked. "Your husband Jack?"

"Yes, my husband Jack," she confirmed. "I was working as a rehab nurse, he was in because his left leg was paralyzed from an accident. The doctors were trying to restore the full use of his leg. The poor man got hard every time he'd see me, and it was worse whenever we had contact. It started with handjobs to relieve his frustration, then blowjobs, then fucking. I didn't lose my virginity to him, but I did find out along the way that he was pretty good at cunnilingus. After he'd recovered, we ended up getting married. So I can empathize with your position. What exactly do you want from me?"

"Well, when I've got the yellow ribbon on the door, I'd like you to make sure no one disturbs us," I told her. "And in case something goes wrong and I hit the emergency call, I'd like you to be the one that shows up. First, anyway. After that, I need some help with paperwork."

"Paperwork?" She was obviously confused.

So I told her about my plan to make love with Alex and then point out I'd be off Monday and Tuesday, and that I wished him all the best in his recovery. I wouldn't tell him the next part, which was taking the personal leave and going to my parents'. I figured Dr. Carlton was going to have a fit at the "miracle" and somehow, the beans would get spilled. I wanted to be away from Alex and the hospital, to make it easier on everybody.

Barbara thought about that one for awhile, too, before she answered.

"Kayla, I think you're making a mistake," she started and I know my expression was none too friendly. "Not about the lovemaking," she pointed out and I put my hackles down. "About the leaving. You're not giving him any say in this, and if he feels about you the way I suspect he does, and even if it's just because you're associated with his miracle, you're setting it up so you disappear. Whether they move him to Burns, Rehab or leave him here on Med/Surge, he's going to be stuck without you for at least three weeks. He will probably not be a happy camper."

"But I'll help you do what you want to do, and I'll keep it in confidence. On one condition."

"What's that?" I asked. I was getting nervous. Conditions could be bad.

"That you give me your parents' contact information when you go so that if I am asked, and only if I am asked, I can give whoever might be searching for you a starting point, if it seems a good idea at the time."

I studied her face for a moment, but didn't see any sign of duplicity there. I decided to trust her. Again.

"Okay," I told her. "You've got it."

We went back to work and for the next hour or so I made sure everything I needed to get done, got done. I wanted as long a block of time as I could get. Finally, around three in the morning, I was ready.

I told Barbara the game was afoot, went to Alex's room, put the ribbon on the door, went in and closed it. It was dark, but the night lights were on and I could see Alex lying in bed, his chest gently rising and falling. I walked over to him, took off my clothes and put them neatly on the chair, then lowered the side rail and eased myself into the bed, sliding under the covers with him. He shifted slightly, but didn't seem to wake up.

I curled up with him the best I could and eased my hand down his chest to his abdomen and down to his penis. Which was now soft. A very strange state of affairs for me. I got myself tucked in under his arm and began gently massaging his cock, paying close attention to how it felt and how it was responding to my touch. And he was responding. Slowly but surely, he was becoming erect in my hand.

He got pretty hard, but he wasn't nearly as large this time. I was guessing this must be his "normal" size. When I looked down, I could still see some splotchy discoloration on his skin. Probably the aftermath of all that stretching. I was hoping there wasn't any permanent tissue damage.

He groaned softly as I played with him, and then I could feel him coming awake and becoming aware of my presence and my fondling him. I felt him stiffen up for a moment, then relax.

"Either I'm dreaming, or I've died and gone to Heaven," he muttered, his eyes still closed. "I seem to be surrounded by an angel..."

"Just following patient's orders, Alex," I told him softly. "You did say to crawl into bed with you, naked."

"And my hands are fucking useless..." he answered in an incredibly sad and irritated tone. "Kayla, you deserve so much more... you deserve someone who can make love with you..."

"Shhh..." I told him. "We are making love. You're just going to have to be more on the receiving end." I moved a little, to get my leg over his and press my breasts into him. "I absolutely love your skin and unless you've got a problem with it, Mister, I'm going to explore every inch of it not covered by bandages or an IV patch."

"Okay," he answered, "so I did die..."

I smiled and raised up a bit so I could kiss him. Or rather, so we could kiss. I wasn't completely inexperienced when it came to sex... I'd done some dating and some making out... and Alex's kisses blew them all away. He might have been considered a "hard body," but his lips were soft and wet and sensuous, and he knew how to use them and his tongue to excite me to my core. I knew he was frustrated, not being able to hold me, so I tried to make do for both of us.

I put one hand behind his head so I could support it, and cupped his face with the other. When I wasn't running my hand through his hair. He kept it short, but it wasn't bristly. It felt soft and sort of downy. I loved his scent - all him, no cologne or deodorant - and I loved the feel of his well-toned body against mine.

He had me so wound up, I was almost hyperventilating. I eased up on the kissing to catch my breath and realized I was leaking down my thigh. And onto his hip and leg.

"Oh, God..." he moaned. "You are incredible, Miss... um... Kayla? What's your last name?"

"Misericordia," I teased him. "Kayla Ángel de la Misericordia."

"Very funny, Kayla Angel of Mercy," he chided. "How am I supposed to fall in love with you if I don't know your last name?"

"You're not supposed to fall in love with me," I reminded him. "You said so."

"Too late," he told me and the thrill that shot through me literally made me shudder.

"Does that scare you?" he asked, mistaking my shudder for fear.

"No," I answered softly, then added in a whisper, "and yes..."

"The last thing in the world I want to do is scare the woman who basically saved my life," he told me. "Maybe we need to stop before you get in too deep. After all, here there be Dragons."

"Like Falkor, the Luck Dragon?" I asked, trying to tease. "Or the avaricious Smaug?"

"I was thinking more along the lines of Libidinem, Dragon of Lust," he smiled.

"Oooh, I like the sound of that one," I told him and kissed him again. "Alex, if I said 'too late' for me, too, would that bother you?" I didn't really give him a chance to answer before I rushed on. "I want you to teach me how to make love to a man, Alex. I know you can't use your hands, and that isn't what this is about. This is about me wanting to be so close to you that I melt into you. It's about me learning to give you pleasure beyond anything a simple fucking might give. I want to know how to touch you in all the good ways, physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually..."

He interrupted me with a kiss. "I pretty much can't put my hand over your mouth to shut you up, now, can I?" he asked and I realized I'd kind of just blown past anything he might have to say.

"Um, sorry..." I decided it was time to shut up.

"Okay, first of all, does it scare me that you're falling for me?" he iterated. "No more than it scares me that I'm falling for you. Or have already fallen. This is new to me. I guess this is where I just stop fighting it and admit to myself, and to you, that I've fallen in love with you. The next question, though, is what do we do about it? And I have no idea. I need to get healed and get out of here. Then maybe we could date, or something. See if you really have any interest in shacking up with an old man. Take some time to let Reason get a word in edgewise."

I sighed and laid my head on his chest, sliding down a bit and reaching the hand not under his head, down under the covers to resume playing with his now very erect penis.

"Well, at least you're happy to see me," I told his chest.

"Woman, you have no idea..." was his slightly moaned response.

"Woman. I like the sound of that," I told him. "Thanks for aiding in my rite of passage. Even if the transformation didn't go without incident. In fact..." I threw the sheets back and straddled him, wetting his turgid manhood with my juices and sliding down onto him. It was much easier this time.

"Oh, Kayla..." he moaned as he watched me bottom out on him. Then he groaned and put his head back, closing his eyes. "You were sculpted by the gods," he told me. "I'll probably be blinded as punishment for deigning to gaze upon you."

It's a good thing his eyes were closed. I was blushing furiously. I know I'm kind of attractive, in a cute sort of way. I'm pretty usual for an Island Girl... I'm 5'5" and 125 lbs., with tan skin and medium brown hair to my ass, which I've streaked with blonde. And like a lot of Puerto Rican girls, I'm a bit big in the butt. Not horribly so, though. I'm a 34B-25-36 and I keep myself in decent shape. I love swimming and running with Charlie. Where Alex was getting 'sculpted by the gods' was beyond me.

"Gaze away, Alex, if that's what you like," I told him. "You feel so incredibly good inside me, I just can't tell you." I started rocking back and forth, essentially making him fuck me. "So teach me how to make love, Alex."

"Oh, sweetheart... you're driving me crazy..." he muttered in a sort of low moan. "Make love? Oh, God... Well, if you're serious, you're learning back-to-front."

1...34567...9