All Comments on 'My Awakening: Graduation Day'

by nosliwec

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
what she did to her sister was cold and unnecessary

even if she had made up her mind already Kaitlin deserved more consideration and respect.

this chapter does not reconcile with chapter 01 of the series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

@right - i dont rly follow. It can be easy to get overwhelmed with everything going on at that time. And Hailey had everything going on at once. And while she may have learned more about her self, she still didnt have an answer about her feeling to her sister. Hailey new that can kept an emotional distance, not forcing anything. I didnt see and real disrespect there. The only thing that could fall near that category would be the whole roommate thing.

nosliwecnosliwecover 9 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the Comments

I am not sure on what Hailey did that was so cold. If it was the fact she decided to stay on campus or if it was waiting to tell Kaitlin her decision. As for living on campus, I had two reasons. One, part of going away to college is also the experience of campus life. To deny Hailey that experience would have been cruel of her sister. She herself had that chance and Kaitlin was wanting Hailey to experience everything she could. I figured, while hurt, Kaitlin would understand and in the end be happy for Hailey. Two, Hailey needs to find and bound with her own friends. I can't think of a faster way to get to know someone than to spend a school year forced to share a room with them. Also, Hannah was going to USC because of Hailey. To have committed to that college and not room with Hannah, would have been cruel as well. So staying with Hannah and developing a relationship outside of gaming was the better option as she could have dinner and hang out with her sister as she felt the need while building a friendship with Hannah.

As for the delay in telling her sister, she was trying to find a way to tell her sister she wasn't moving in with her so as not to devastate her sister, but was unable to do so. Kaitlin, out of curiosity, hadn't heard so she asked. Hailey at that point had to tell her. In her adolescent mind, she half hoped, like I am sure we all have, that the issue would go away. It rarely does and often blows up in our face.

One trait that I tried to show Hailey as having was her willingness to please others. This is a good thing, but taken to extremes is also bad. Most of her experience with Kaitlin was her sister pushing her into the circumstances. There was quite a bit of that as well during her Spring Break. She had to grow up and make choices not everyone would be especially pleased with, but had to be made for her own happiness. I am really hoping the series actually confers not just her sexual awakening, but also a personal growth from adolescence to adulthood, even if minor because that journey is never overnight.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usernosliwec@nosliwec
501 Followers
I started off daydreaming, but decided to use this as the basis to write about. I have more ideas and hopefully more stories to write. I hope you enjoy reading these stories as much as I have in writing them. Thanks for all the comments and votes. Note: The correct order of M...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES