My Beauty & The Beast Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Annabelle! Give it to me, now!" he roared again. Vibrating with intensity the creature instinctually went to all fours, his expression was that of a hunting wolf; those eyes never left her. Belle's green cloak billowed around her petite form, she clasped the rose to her chest as if to protect it from him, fireflies of light twinkled about her, swirling within her aura. The power of the rose cast a glow on her features that struck Beast still as she raised her eyes to stare into his gaze. At hearing Beast's roar of anger Belle had ran to sweep up the magical rose to protect it in case he had decided to crush the enchanted thing. He had caught her just as she had plucked the flower from it's alter.

Beast moved towards her, intent of taking what was his, she merely blinked as he stalked closer. It shuttered within her hands and just then a single white petal broke and fluttered to the floor.

"Please Beast, how do you know me?" she whispered. Her voice shook with feeling and grief, overwhelmed by her vast feelings for this creature she had wanted to see him one last time.

"I made a deal with your father long ago once I rescued him from that witch that you found in my dungeon. That rose embodies my soul. Now give it to me please?" rumbled Beast. A tear rolled down the woman's cheek at this news.

"You bought me? But why Beast? Why?" she asked desperately.

"Because I am cursed little one, the witch Rose cursed me to be this forever. I will never love again, I am a hideous evil monster! I deserve no friend or any kindness. I thought if I could just have one sliver of what once was... that maybe..." his deep voice trailed off into a silent stare as if he didn't want to go on... "But now I see that my hopes are selfishness, you are too young and I am but a creature of darkness." he finished, rage dripping from his voice, just beneath the surface it boiled and churned... self-hate.

"I need to go home... will you let me go?" shuttered Belle. A deep snort blew from Beast as he took a step back in shock, she would think to leave him? Though it only made sense with his hideous behavior. His rage turned to bitterness as his eyes lowered, shivering with raw emotion. Beast nodded.

"Thank you, oh thank you Beast." she said as she offered up the magical flower... "Keep it." he muttered hideously as he turned away.

He melted away into the darkness of his gloomy castle, the shadows engulfing his massive form. Without a second thought Belle went to the stables and saddled Molly. The moon was just on the ascension as she spurred the mare into a gallop homeward. As Molly picked her way through the dense thicket they both heard that of a mournful roar sound from the highest tower. Belle's heart ached at knowing the reason for the monster's sorrow, yet she did not turn back.

"Belle where the hell have you been for the past three weeks?" laughed a group of girls as she went about tending the customers tables. The girls had once been her friends when she had been in school as a child, but now they seemed to judge and mock her as she went about her work. Pouring drinks and cleaning up dinner plates. Belle huffed loudly, brushing a wisp of curl out of her gaze she turned to address the question.

"I went to visit a relative that lives a few miles away." she lied.

"That's not what I heard, but the fact that you weren't even present at your own father's funeral must prove that the rumors are true. What we cant' figure out is why you are here?" snickered the table of five young women. Belle moved towards the table.

"What rumor?"

"What rumor! The one where you ran away with John and got married." the girls burst out laughing with gleeful vengeance.

"On who's word?" snapped Belle.

"We overheard your eldest sister rattling away in the general store a couple weeks back." informed one of the blond doll's.

"Well, tell her that she can eat her own lie, I was no where near that bastard of a man, obviously, or why would I be here... working for a wage." pointed out Belle as she swooped up their empty drink cups and easily refilled them. Then she went about her business as new local customers entered the tavern. She had only been back in town for a couple days and had managed to talk herself into working for one of the local tavern's as a server. Consequently she also rented a single room on the upper floor of the business. Teresa came into the tavern, naturally surrounded by a small group of men, she was Belle's replacement for the evening. Her lush blond hair seemed to glow which only added to her porcelain beauty, deep brown eyes with long wispy lashes complimented the woman as she removed her sapphire cloak.

"Belle, oh goodness me aren't we busy tonight, eh?" smiled Teresa as she cheerfully moved to greet Belle. The two women got along fairly well, of the two, the blond was the bigger flirt but they had formed a decent friendship since Belle had come back. Belle smiled gently as she handed Teresa her apron.

"Yes we are rather busy for a Thursday night, no matter. Join me over yonder after your shift ends?" smirked Belle. Teresa rolled her eyes, "Why not stay and socialize here? The Black Horse is so seedy and dark, full of equally dark characters. Mere passerby's in this town." commented the blond as she quickly tied on the apron.

"Because I earn more over there than even tending tables here, besides it's, uh... a thrill." Belle gushed eagerly, a dark murmur touched her voice at mention of her second job.

"Yeah but you don't get to keep your dignity either, especially wearing those stupid costumes you call clothes." snickered Teresa as she pulled up her hair, twisting it on top of her head.

"Whatever, I'll see you later tonight okay." Belle brushed her friend's silent judgments away as she put on her cloak and left.

The streets were nearly empty save for the open taverns and the gentlemen's clubs, the moon was bright, high in the evening darkness it shone down on Belle as she moved a few blocks down to the local men's lounge called Black Horse. A metal sign depicting a rearing stallion spoke to it's given name as she pushed open the heavy oak door. A crowded room echoed with whistles of acknowledgment once she had shut the door behind her, she was the newest bar tender in the establishment but she had quickly established herself as recognizable. She enjoyed the attention of all the numerous men, but never would she consider taking any of them to her bed. Dabbling in the sinful atmosphere was about all her heart could take, she had had countless offers as soon as she stepped behind the bar counter, but each had been kindly turned down; in favor of a stiff drink.

None of the men dared grope the young woman as she moved through the crowd towards the dressing room, they had come to respect her established boundaries. Though their wondering eyes spoke to all that each would give to have a single taste.

"What are the colors?" asked Belle as she stepped into the all female dressing room. The girls were dressed in their dancing outfits, full of ruffles and pretty medallion embellishments. Detailed belts and glorious hair jewelry dotted each of the 8 women in their own right. Belle liked to dress up with the performers to show good spirit, it typically got her more tips as well.

"Gold and turquoise tonight." answered Cassie. Belle disappeared into any good woman's dream of a massive walk-in closet bulging with countless gowns, skirts, cloaks, hair pieces, makeup and jewelry.

She heard her boss enter the outer dresser room to speak to the performers and the musicians. Belle put on a one piece corset with a knee-high ruffled skirt with heels and gold leg warmers. A dark blue diamond head band held her brunette curls from getting into her eyes. Belle came out just as the troupe of women went out to start their nightly performance.

"Oh good Annabelle you are here tonight, you look beautiful. Several of our regulars have been asking for you by name." Carl mentioned once she turned to him. The older gentleman was a fair man but firm, he liked things to go his way.

"Anything else I need to know for tonight?" Belle asked, eyebrow raised expectantly.

"No, although the word is that John has shown back up in town." Carl said.

"Okay, thanks for the warning." Belle said then moved out onto the floor, she made her way back towards the large oakwood bar. Kenneth Brown, the main day time bar keep let her in.

"And how is ye lass?" his old burr coming through slightly, his kind hazel eyes sparkled as she glanced up at him and blushed slightly. He always had a kind manner about him that didn't fit the role he played in the tavern. The place was packed as the night went on, Belle made polite conversation with her frequent customers, turning down any advances that were put her way. Over all the night went well as 3 in the morning rolled around and she was wiping down the long polished counter top. She had her back turned while washing the glassware and polishing the giant mirror.

"So this is where they told me to find you." a wicked voice brought her eyes up, she looked at him through the reflection of the mirror. Broad shoulders, tall and devilishly handsome, long dark locks were loosely tied back with a simple ribbon of leather; deep hazel eyes stared her down. Belle's cheeks flushed as she turned to face John. The man took a seat as if he ought to own the space, leaning in he sought her eyes.

"Don't you recognize me Annabelle?" he whispered as those emerald eyes flickered upward. Sighing heavily the young woman cleared her throat, a soft chuckle escaping.

"John, I would know you even in a crowd of strangers. What can I get you?" she said easily, moving to get him a fresh glass from behind the counter. Her reputation as a good server wouldn't be tarnished by a single man, even if he did send nervous fear through her.

"A pint of ale if you have it, and a warm bed to share." his voice muttered gently as if he figured he already knew she'd say yes. Belle raised her chin as she glared spitefully at his bold assumption. Her motion became slow but deliberate as she displayed her obvious disapproval. She rather forcibly set the mug of ale down, sliding it to him from a few feet away. Resting her elbows on the countertop she tilted her face towards the man as he took a drink, his gaze never left her.

"There's no reason to be rude." she chuckled, her eyes darted about the room, wishing her boss would show up, he usually closed the place himself as the remaining few patrons finished their drinks and paid their coin.

"How am I being rude?" John returned hotly.

"Because you made an offer in the first place." a gruff voice sounded from just behind the man. John's gaze whipped about to find the owner of the establishment standing just behind him.

"I'm sorry if I offended you, my apologies sir. Annabelle is an old acquaintance of mine, I did not realize you two were familiar with one another." commented John.

"You didn't offend me, Belle is a good server as she prefers it and it will stay as such." answered Carl briskly. He glanced at Belle who gave a little nod of silent thanks for his timely arrival. Carl traded places with Belle, he was handing her nightly pay as she began moving towards the dressing room in the back.

"Well, now that you are off from work, why don't you sit and have a drink with me." John smiled, eager intent plain as the stupid grin.

"Sorry, but I have to get some sleep tonight." Belle winked, twirling once she skipped to the back to change into her own dress. All his efforts dashed John's mood soured as she disappeared then reappeared merely to taunt him. Quickly he found his courage again, stood as she passed by. He was at the tavern door opening it for the young beauty. Courtesy demanded that she thank him and at least be nice towards his genuine gesture as a gentleman.

"Let me walk you to your door." he offered as they both stepped out into the early morning air, the stars still twinkled in the waning night sky. Belle rolled her eyes, sending up a silent prayer for help.

"Well it's really not so far, I can manage." she attempted to escape the man, yet he kept up with her as she made her way back to the other tavern.

"This is where you live?" coughed John as she began to open the door. Teresa snapped the door from her, "Sorry sir we have been closed for over an hour now, come earlier tomorrow night." she said firmly to the advances of the stranger as she allowed Belle entrance yet closed the door on the gentleman that pursued her friend.

"Yes, well have a good..." Teresa snapped the door closed tightly before the man could finish his gloating gesture of good will.

"Who was that?" Teresa gasped, she was in her night robe holding a midnight candle.

"John, my eldest sister's lover. He's been after me since he got bored with my sibling." Belle admitted as she went behind the bar to pour herself a drink.

"Really, what does he want with you now? I mean you have only just gotten back. Shouldn't he be with her?" said Teresa as she took a casual seat opposite Belle.

"God willing, I'd hope so." snickered Belle as she took her few sips of liquor. The sweetened poison eased her aching muscles and relaxed her mind as she and her new friend chatted. Teresa talked on and on about how crazy busy it got after Belle had left, describing all the strangers that came in or a brawl that broke out. They giggled their way up the staircase and said their goodnights to one another, leaving each other to their respective rooms.

Belle locked her door behind her, moving towards her bed she lit a candle. There on her bedside table sat the magical rose that Beast had given to her, had it only been four days since she had told him she was leaving? It felt as if a lifetime had merely slipped past the young woman as she sank into her mattress. So far living normally once again didn't feel right to her, it felt as if she were out of place. And if she allowed herself to think on Beast it was only in the privacy of her own bedroom. The rose was an enchanted reminder of this other life that had captivated her. Sadly the rose had begun to loose one of it's petals each day since she had left Beast's castle; why she did not know as it seemed to grow dim and gloomy all it's own.

Belle shuttered uncontrollably and she found herself crying as she stared at the little flower. The girl missed him as if she had would die if he were no longer alive, the thought of this monster not existing in her life seemed beyond frightening. Her chest heaved within itself as deep tears burst from somewhere inside her. Why only now did she realize her feelings for this creature? Belle curled up into her bed, pulled the covers over herself and shook violently with fits of sorrow.

12