All Comments on 'My Best Friend's Crazy Fat Sister Ch. 07'

by RetroFan

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

I loved this! Awesome read all 7 chapters!

txcrackertxcrackeralmost 7 years ago
Excellent !

This chapter was an excellent example of the life of a couple that learned to communicate to each others needs . Well done !

Thanks for the GREAT read !

tx cracker

wangoo69wangoo69almost 7 years ago
Awesome story

Awesome story, hit all my fetishes :) Also good to see it is written in Aus.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
More!!!!!!

More!!!!!!!

illwindillwindover 6 years ago
Not great.

I will say this was an interesting approach to a relationship story, but there were two things that really brought it down.

The flackback/backstory bits just started becoming distracting after awhile. I liked that you revealed why Zoe is so "crazy." However, I didn't see much point in learning about Emily's past.

Also, your understanding of menstruation seems to be influenced more by 90's sitcoms then by, you know, actual women. I've never known a woman to lose all control over her emotions or turn into some angry monster who can't be reasoned with. Honestly, I thought that stereotype had been snuffed out years ago. But I guess not.

Oh, one more thing, and I know it's not a big detail or anything. But why were they hanging out clothes to dry in the rain? I only ask because you mention the rain so much that you should have caught that.

RetroFanRetroFanover 6 years agoAuthor
To clarify some things

Thanks for the comments on this story series.

Just to clarify some things, firstly about the rain. We get a lot of rain in Melbourne, which is famous for its four seasons in one day, especially during autumn which is when this takes place. I thought I mentioned that the clothes line was under a patio, but maybe I omitted this detail.

As for the flashbacks, this story series is a classic four temperament ensemble and there is Sean (melancholic), Zoe (sanguine), Adam (phlegmatic) and Emily (choleric). We get to know a lot about Sean, Adam and Zoe as they grew up together, Adam being Sean's best friend, Adam and Zoe obviously brother and sister and Sean having had an unrequited crush on Zoe for years past. But Emily obviously didn't come onto the scene until the late 1990s when she and Adam started dating when they were university students so we don't know as much about her background. As she is a main character too, I wanted to expand her more, rather than have her there as some nagging bitch with no character development.

On a personal note, I had a lot of fun writing about Emily and finding ways to get her mad. For example, Emily is a fitness fanatic/health freak, yet ironically seems to get sick a lot. And a lot of the time Emily is right. She shouldn't have to put up with her husband's sister Zoe and her crazy antics. Adam should stand up to his mooching sister more. Adam and Sean should have kept the dog out of the lake. She did have a bad day at work. And she has every right to be uncomfortable about the transgender kid at her own children's school when they ask her questions. Granted, she isn't very PC in her assessment of the situation, but she does have a point.

With the PMS, I do know women whose personalities change every fourth week. Maybe in Emily and Zoe's cases I did exaggerate their period problems a little bit but it was for comedy purposes, and Emily has a tendency to be bad-tempered anyway, and Zoe is a mental case at the best of times. It wouldn't have been as much fun if the two girls had just been a bit short and slightly irritable with the two guys.

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77over 3 years ago

I loved this series and it’s obvious you put in a lot of work on it. I’d love to see the affection they have for each other kicked up a notch; seeing Emily reacting to their engagement would be a fun read!

2old4us2old4usalmost 2 years ago

If Zoe is such an environmental freak, why on earth would you not pour the soiled water down the toilet instead of dumping it in the back yard?

That aside, I did enjoy the series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I enjoyed but why rip on North Americans for saying "washroom" when you repeatedly say "eating tea" ?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous