My Brown Eyed Girl Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Shaima32
Shaima32
1,215 Followers

"You're not washed up," she replied, "don't you ever go sayin' that in front of me, not ever and you're not old, you ain't even thirty yet."

"I was kidding," she slapped her leg.

"How're things at the mill?" Melissa looked across, "you look so tired."

"Good," she managed, "a lot of work but I can manage and thanks for putting in a good word for me, I'm trying harder than normal to do the right thing but sometimes I have to guess at a guy who's telling me things."

Melissa stared straight ahead and pushed her hair over her ear.

"I kinda figured that, so, how about if I come along during the day, you could leave office work for me at your place and I could do it for you. I'm not asking for money I'd do it free as a volunteer, the closure is a big thing and I want to see folks get the help they need. I'm good with computers, just tell me what you want and if I got questions I'll ask them. I just don't want you getting so tired you fall asleep on me."

Jodie looked past her, the memory now a painful stone in her shoe, the wording was different, less polished but it was the same spirit.

She smiled weakly.

"I'm sorry," Melissa blushed, "I guess you got client confidentiality, I just think it's going to be good experience, it'd really help me."

Jodie bowed her head.

"Let me talk to my boss about it first, I don't make promises I can't keep," she reached back for her purse and smiled.

"Now, let's go see about this dress."

***

Jodie contemplated Melissa's shopping bag whilst the younger woman went to the bathroom some time later. They'd spent a good two hours browsing second hand clothes shops and in that time she had come to a better understanding of Melissa. She might be young but she had a good head on her shoulders, especially when it came to money. She had a specific budget for a dress and while Jodie had been prepared to pitch in to help buy something more expensive, she'd restrained herself and let Melissa have her head. She tried on several dresses and discarded all of them in quick succession after parading in front of Jodie. It was only when she tried on a white dress with wide straps and a cinched waistline that she finally made her decision.

"I like this one," she cast an eye over a black dress with red and yellow flowers on it, "although that one is pretty good too, but this one has a virginal look to it," she eyed herself in the mirror, "not that I'm a virgin but you know what I mean."

"It's pretty," she replied, "you look beautiful."

"Thank you," Melissa smiled.

Jodie glanced at her phone as it beeped and a few seconds later she picked it up.

"Hey, Mark, what's up?"

"I got your update last night, when's your next one due?"

"Tomorrow," she replied, "I took the afternoon off, didn't you read the last email?"

"I did," he replied, "you seem to have your hands full."

"You could say that and all," she propped on her palm, "listen, now that I've got your ear, I was thinking of asking if we have the budget for a temp, just for this contract."

"Who's the temp?"

"Melissa," she replied, "her dad is the supervisor there but she's got invaluable inside knowledge on the employees. We'd be wise to utilize that resource."

Mark didn't reply straight away and she pressed on.

"Look, if it's the money I can cover part of her wages at least."

"It's not the money," he answered, "I'm just concerned she's too close."

"I can handle that."

"I know you can," Mark paused, "look I have to speak to the finance department but it'd help your case if she put in some volunteer hours for the next day or so. We can always back pay her if it's approved, I'm trusting you on this."

"Thanks, I'll um put it to her."

They ended the call shortly afterwards but not before he told her about a job offer that had just come up in Pittsburgh.

"It's for a regional manager, my old job before I moved up the food chain. I know you'd have to relocate or if you wanna keep your apartment here and just do the daily commute. But if you take it you could run your own show and send people out to do the job you're doing now."

"Interesting," she frowned, "let me get back to you on that one, but send me through the details as well," she farewelled him and ended the call.

Jodie stared past her as she contemplated this latest piece of news.

"Well that was better out than in," she sipped on her Coke, "hey, Earth to Mars, are you reading me?"

"Sorry," she came back to her and studied her for a moment.

"How'd you like to come work with me at Dyson's? Officially it's a volunteer role for the next couple of days while my boss speaks to finance but then you could be an office temp, at least while I'm at the mill. Afterwards I don't know, but," she stopped as Melissa straightened up and stared at her.

"Wow, where did that come from?"

"Well, it makes sense seeing as you know everyone there, and I guess seeing you count your cash whilst looking at dresses made me want to help you without just handing over my card, and I was tempted to, believe me."

"No one's ever done this for me before," Melissa replied slowly, "are you sure you're okay with this? I won't get mad if you're not."

"I'm sure," she replied.

"So, what's it involve?"

"A lot of the work is easy enough just tedious paperwork, but I could sure use you out there to clue me up to what some of the guys are really capable of," she finished awkwardly.

"Serious?" Melissa grinned, "I'd be a good secretary and I could do all of that, easy."

"Okay then," she leaned on her elbows, "so tomorrow morning you turn up to work and I'll walk you through the process but this comes with certain restrictions."

"I know," she nodded, "don't get personally involved, even though I know the people."

"Right," she glanced at her phone, "and even though it's volunteer for the first few days, if they decide not to pay you I'd pay you myself out of my money."

"You don't have to do that," Melissa reached out and grabbed her elbow, "seriously."

"Well it may not come to that," she replied, "but just so you're forewarned, I want to help you, you've been fantastic and maybe if we get you trained up it would give you more motivation to apply for college."

"Yeah, I need me some motivation. Josh keeps talkin' about doin' the right thing by his boys and I keep thinkin' okay whatever."

The details were ironed out as they drove home an hour later and when they got to Melissa's house she had to try on a few work outfits, just for Jodie's benefit while her mother got dinner ready. The younger woman seemed completely unfazed stripping off in front of a lesbian and it wasn't as if she was deliberately flirting. Nudity just didn't seem to be an issue for her. Eventually she settled on a pair of black trousers and a blue blouse that looked kind of formal.

"I could run something up on my card if you like," Jodie studied her, "we could drop in at Walmart and see what they've got but that looks fine though."

"I hate Walmart clothes," she winced, "but what the heck, I cain't exactly afford to go shopping at Saks or Bloomingdales."

She put her back to the wall and stared out the window.

"One of these days I'm gonna blow this town and just move somewhere else."

"Like where?"

"New York, L.A, Canada, anywhere but here. I mean look at this place, if'n you blinked when you drove through it you'd miss it. The only thing that stops me doing it is Dog," her eyes shifted to her dog, "he's seen me through some tough times and I know he's gettin' old but I'm all he's got."

"I gotta admit, once you get past the novelty appeal," Jodie moved away from the window and drew nearer to the bed.

"So, what're you doin' for the rest of the night?"

"Oh I was going to take in a show but in the absence of a theater I might just head on home after dinner."

"Stay with me tonight," she laid back and contemplated her legs, "bed's big enough for two."

"What'll your mom say?"

"About you?" Melissa looked up and smiled crookedly, "not even mom knows about you, like I said, you're my dirty little secret."

It was one of those decisions she would have had no problem making a few years ago but a series of failed love affairs had made her cautious. Besides she had to work tomorrow.

"But Friday you come to my place, we can watch a movie or just sit and listen to music."

Melissa's next move took Jodie completely by surprise as she sat upright and moving forward, she kissed her on the lips. When she finally broke free Melissa had a mischievous look in her eyes as she fell back on her elbows.

"That was different."

Jodie touched her own lips and Melissa grinned.

"Don't worry, I ain't making a move on ya. I just been wonderin' what it was like to kiss a woman," she locked a hand behind her head.

"So relax."

Even so Jodie felt a little unsure of herself as she sat down to a meal with Melissa's family. She had honestly expected the younger woman would at least have said something to her mother about her orientation.

So where do I go from here? Is she an office temp? A girlfriend? Or both?

Shaima32
Shaima32
1,215 Followers
12