All Comments on 'My Dearest Becky Pt. 02'

by Betrayer_of_Skalathrax

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
gldngolfergldngolferover 8 years ago
Good Read

The story is good and enjoyable and the redemption of Drake was extreme, but well done.

I'm too old fashioned to enjoy the multiple sexual partner theme in this and the previous stories. I've seen too much of it while in the Corps and out to know in the long it just doesn't work out well for most. But it's your story and I applaud your writing.

Since you're writing in the Romance genre and I'm a sucker for happy endings...

If that helps with how you continue the story

Keep up the good work.

macaonghaismacaonghaisover 8 years ago

Thank you for your service and all that you went through. I agree that I am a sucker for happy endings! weddings all around!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Awesome!

A series of accomplishments by someone who seems to get it AND can put it into context with words. The quality, descriptions and environments established by this writer, especially these 2 chapters following the ramp up of the characters, is impeccable and shows.

BRAVO!! Continue as the "normal" cycle of life for these characters as you hinted and your faithful readers will be pleased by your efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
continue

Please continue with this series. I guess I'm a hopeless romantic but they should all have a happy life. Even if you throw some struggles in

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Excellent

You did a great job again. I also was not a big fan of Becky and Carl sleeping together but I understand you needed to work some hero sex in some how. Send Andrew back to the Corps on Instructor duty or give him a commission. Just wondering why there was no corpsman out on the patrol. A sick twisted Doc would be an great addition to your cast of characters.

NAV DOC

Griffin_ScoutGriffin_Scoutover 8 years ago
Where to go from here

Go for the ultimate happy ending, but cover the homecoming adjustment period in more detail. Outstanding job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great story.

Very moving story with enough realizm to keep it pertinent. There are so many different avenues to persue. Don't stop here.

Many_MemoriesMany_Memoriesover 8 years ago
EXCELLENT STORY!

VERY well written... it contains many recollections of things felt and experienced in past times. Past times for thousands of us who have spent our time in hell.

THANK YOU!

mwall23mwall23over 8 years ago
Continued Greatness

Please continue your wonderful stories

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Please keep going, the guys have made it back but there's transition to civilian or reserves, ongoing PTSD, and dealing with some poly behavior that could mess with their engagements. Thanks for bringing them home.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thank you

Thank you for the dedication. It means far more than you know. My man is fighting got all of us and although I'm not always excited about that I know it's his duty and he does it with pride.

Semper Fi. And thank you for all you've done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thank you

The whole story, from Becky's Marine through the letters home and glimpses of life on both sides, was incredible. You have done an amazing thing. I want to thank you for your service to our country and I also want to thank you for the peek into the lives of soldiers in the line of duty. It also gives me a perspective into my brother in laws time in Iraq. I would love to hear about how Carl and Jenna do as well as Drew and Becky.

arrowglassarrowglassover 8 years ago
I could not say it any better than the previous commenter

WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

calgarycamperscalgarycampersabout 8 years ago
Home Run

Great talent

5's

jacklsjacklsalmost 8 years ago
omg love it

hope to read more it great

myassisdraginmyassisdraginalmost 8 years ago

This is a fantastic series. I never joined the military for medica reasons but from what my father, a WW II Vet, has told me about his time in the R. A. F. it is not easy coming home from combat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Excellent

Very well written....keep writing more!

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

Very emotional ending, I'm not sure we need anymore except the all get married and live happily ever after. Maybe that guy getting the CMH, Very well written and I guess the author experienced some of this. Thank you for your service. While I was in the army 64-67 I was fortunate never to be placed in harms way as they were building up for the fight in in Vietnam. So many lost because of politicians. We honor their service and will never forget them. Continue the story if you wish but I see it ended as they return home

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sure, go ahead, start a relationship with someone else, even if it is a woman while I'm at war. Hopefully you'll be in love with someone else by the time I get back. Sorry, and fuck my fiance or best friend while I'm in combat is more of the dumbest shit I've ever heard. I'd watch out for my best friends girl, but crossing that line is a point of no return. Doling out your fiancess pussy just because you're afraid she'll fuck someopne else shows a serious lack of trust, and massive lack of respect. And if she's willing, who won't she fuck anyhow. Just saying.

oldgraycatoldgraycatover 2 years ago

I am a retired veteran some 22 years. I retired in 1980 so I never saw that war, but what I saw in Vietnam and it was just as bad. The brave men and women who server should be honored by all for their lives could end in second. Each war is said to be the last but it never is, so sad the world is today.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I thought it a good tale and a great story.From a 1371 combat engineer’68-‘69 VietNam veteran

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Trust a man with my life, not my money or my wife...Other than that, great series.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBetrayer_of_Skalathrax@Betrayer_of_Skalathrax
I served 4 years in the Marines and now work at one of the largest refineries in California.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES