All Comments on 'My Great Aunt, Sally'

by AaronAardvark

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Commas, abound

It's, nice, to, see, some, commas, but, there, are, limits!

SomethingInTheWaySheMovesSomethingInTheWaySheMovesover 11 years ago
I couldn't get past the first sentence.

After puzzling over it for WAY too long, unable to make sense of what you were trying to write, I realized I was probably just one of the 99% who felt the same way. Hooray 99%.

With_LustWith_Lustover 11 years ago
Edit!

While I liked the story line. You should edit your sentences down and vary the rhythm. Every time I was on the verge of getting hard I'd run into a wall of adjectives that sidetracked me like a maze fit for the Minotaur.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Great premise, but....

like others have mentioned, the sentence structure is frustrating and sometimes very difficult to follow. For example, the blowjob in the bath started out so promising, but then just deteriorated into "six jerks" and the author "exploding." Almost as if the author had a premature ejaculation with his keyboard.

Again, a great premise, but the author needs an editor.

Lee2012Lee2012over 11 years ago
Commas abound

I agree with the previous comment. But, apparently this is a trait amongst UK authors. Hopefully, AA is not like a previous author I pointed out to, with his use of commas. Very distracting as well as adjectives.

It does have promise if AA would chance an editor I might add.

Le

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago

hell i got confused with the title. why was it named after sally when she wasnt the aunt?

AaronAardvarkAaronAardvarkover 11 years agoAuthor
Tee, hee.

Google, an Aunt Sally!

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
.

It must be torture for you to write because it's torture for us to read this shit. You insert thousands of unneeded commas everywhere.

Get an editor or learn to write coherent stuff. Otherwise, you'll get low scores and lots of comments like mine.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
This is a story site...

not a grammar site. Unlike the grammar teacher, I'm not that bothered by 'extraneous commas'; indeed, I thought it was a great story (which would benefit from an editor :) ), and one I'd like to read more of. Please say there will be a chapter 2.

Cheers

Phil

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
No more commas!!!

You should seriously consider getting an editor. The senseless use of commas was incredibly annoying . Get yourself a basic English text book, turn to the chapter on comma usage, and justify every comma used in your writing.

nepomuk77nepomuk77about 9 years ago
Culture Clash

Sadly the inane, witless, predictable comments seen here emanate from - we can readily guess - readers on which side of the Atlantic?

Readers who are comfortable with and used to one line paragraphs.

Readers who are not used to reading and thinking about what they are reading.

Readers who do not understand the literary term, "Comprehension".

Readers who are unfamiliar with the rules of grammar and punctuation.

This was a very well written, erudite story that was, for once, up to a reasonable standard of punctuation (errors are present) and utilised a wide vocabulary and witty turn of phrase - more than can be said for the sad sack critics whose individual ignorances are so glaringly displayed.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous