All Comments on 'My Invitation: Surprise Consequence'

by Scorpio44

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Great

What a wonderful story!

Boyd

HonourHonourover 15 years ago
Dammit Beuy

Its awfy hard tae read when yer greetin that hard. I am going to give the details of this story to our doctor women - and men - need to know the truth of this. I have seen women destroyed by other peoples comments, I have seen men shrink into themselves till the marriage foundered because the felt lost and didnt know how to cope with what had happened. THANK YOU

mwarigmwarigover 15 years ago
You are complete.

not always does an author write something so pointiant and real outside his usual genere. To bad most of the general population can't read it. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
whole and complete

Magnificent story. Thank you for this. Reminds us again to appreciate more of what we find inside. G.Belgium

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Wow.....that's all I can say!!

That was such a wonderful story. I had such a wonderful time reading this tale of love. Thank you for going back and finishing it. It brought me to tears. Wow. Beautiful.

Princess

PEATBOGPEATBOGover 15 years ago
Outstanding writing!!!!!!

As I have said so many times before, it brought tears to my eyes! "A wonderful, well thought out tale of love. A perfect gem in every way – any further comment would truly be an insult to a master craftsman!" Pete.

Victoria_2001_02769Victoria_2001_02769over 15 years ago
Wow!

What a perfect conclusion to a wonderful series! It was poignant and extremely point effective. It was current and relevant without being clinical.

Everyone... be they victim, survivor, doctor, or family member of a victim or survivor should read this series. It is a crucial part of Breast Cancer awareness, and You should consider creating a hard-cover book of this story and getting it published.

I'm serious. It would be most beneficial... to all who find themselves dealing with this life-altering prognosis.

PikkuKallePikkuKalleover 14 years ago
Another 10! (on the scale of 5)

I am entranced by your ability to make sex part of LIFE. Life as it really is. I have also long thought that one hallmark of a good writer is to write a story from the standpoint of someone totally different from him- or herself. Here you not only took on the role of a woman, but one who has successfully handled a whole bunch of difficult woman's issues and helps others. Thanks so much.

AAA101AAA101about 13 years ago
Great Story, Great Ideal

You outdid yourself again. This is a great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Ach, laddie:

'Tis a fine thing you've done here. Good on ya!

idrubloodidrubloodalmost 12 years ago
Wonderful story

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Superb

There is so much more to this story than I can express. It is simply magnificent. We have never been in this situation but it must inspire anybody who has.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Thankyou.

As a surgical sister I see more and more men with breast ca too. Please men be aware.

reader_3634reader_3634over 8 years ago
Full Marks

Not the story that I thought I was going to read - but brilliantly written.

What I will say is there are two different fears to be conquered. The first, covered by this story, is that breast removal makes a woman less complete and desirable. I know, from first hand experience, if you care for the person then their body (battle scars and all) is not going to put you off loving and caring for them (and desiring them). Over 48 years my wife's body changed shape many times but she was still the same person and I still had all the same feelings for her.

The second fear, which was sort of touched on, is that the surgery is only buying time and the end is still nigh. In many ways it is just the dread of the 'C' word. That is far more difficult to overcome but seeing positive role models that have survived and are living a full life is the most positive thing that can help.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
utter load of shite

appalling story written by a moron....

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
A great portrayal, sensitive

It is unusual to read such a moving, sensitive and accurate portrayal written by a male. Well done! You will have given, and will continue to give, much comfort to many women who have or had breast cancer, and also a few men who are in the same position.

There are too many people who still will not call a spade a spade, and too many that are embarrassed to talk about the realities.

Thank you so much for this.

thomaskirkthomaskirk2 months ago

Fantastic story

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous