All Comments on 'My Life Pt. 01'

by ShyTammy

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
grateful

warm story

CliterateDykeCliterateDykeover 7 years ago

It's remarkable that you have the courage to share your story. As a lesbian, pan sexual I guess is more honest, I'm grateful for the chance to learn & grow my own understanding of trans life. Thanks so much. You write beautifully, honestly, sweetly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Nice

I like it when there are trans stories on here that are more rooted in what it's actually like to be trans. I get that some people have fantasies that aren't like real life, and that's fine, but they don't really connect with me.

As a side note, I've never heard of progesterone being used.as a puberty blocker. I'm surprised at that.

ShyTammyShyTammyover 7 years agoAuthor
Thank you

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. I am really overwhelmed by the positive feedback. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Good

Honestly I really did love this story, it was so grounded in reality way more so than most other stories here I read that are suppossed truth. One thing I wish was you didn't give such general overviews of your past. Honestly this story could have been 8 pages of just straight history even including the violence and I would have loved it even more because it would have felt that much more realistic. That being said, I am immune to reading high levels of violence whereas I can see others being disturbed by reading violence in this regard so I understand the decision you made and respect it all the same. With all that said I love your story, definitely one I will remember for you and the thousands of others that go through these kinds of struggles in life.

ShyTammyShyTammyover 7 years agoAuthor
Edits

Thank you for your thoughtful comments. As with all things in a real life lived vs. a story I had to pick and choose some things to keep and others to leave out. Some of those decisions I made myself and others were made to meet the publishing guidelines. The original story included more detail on what happened to me in 7th grade, but had to be excluded in order to publish.

Dennis_TBL69Dennis_TBL69over 7 years ago
Excellently written

And I would surmise, also, good therapy for you.. Really enjoying all your stories...

ShyTammyShyTammyover 7 years agoAuthor
Therapy

As you say Dennis, writing this series has really helped me come to terms with my past and my journey. I am always so happy when someone enjoys reading them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great Story, Excellent

Wow, This is a great story, I can't wait to read the rest of it. Well done

jezchazaniajezchazaniaover 7 years ago
Very Touching

Thank you Tammy for sharing your story with us. Bless you :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

really nice story. Character development is excellent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I hope this is more real than made up.

What an awesome story! I wish I had been this brave in my younger years.

oldmooseoldmooseabout 5 years ago
Very well-written

Thanks for your story, Tammy. I'm sorry for the abuse you describe in the first part of your story. You handled it as well as anyone could have. I only wish we lived in a world where a person could be in their own body without criticism or abuse. You sound like the kind of woman I'd love to meet. I'm anxious to read the rest of your story.

LatexSolarBeefLatexSolarBeefover 3 years ago
Father?

I only had time to read the first page today. You mention the father up front once and never again. That's a pretty central figure in most people's lives. I'd be interested to know what happened. Divorce?

Otherwise, a well written and engaging story. Perhaps you should think about publishing it mainstream. It's that good and that important.

LatexSolarBeefLatexSolarBeefover 3 years ago

I finished reading this. I went back to the first page and saw the father did leave, my apologies for not reading more closely the first time. Loved the story, you're an excellent writer. I can't wait to read the rest of the series.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

interesting, but totally out of my experience!

ShortyMacShortyMacabout 2 years ago

That was a very well written tale of your early life. I was totally intrigued by the whole story. Can’t wait to read more about everything else that happens.

Thank you for the open and honest words.

I agree with Latexsolarbeef, that you should consider publishing the story mainstream.

LannaLaceLannaLacealmost 2 years ago

Excellent story and well written. It kept me intrigued to the very end…I agree it would make a great streaming series or published main stream. The bullying and violence parts, though sad and in this day shocking…..add a very realistic element. I have had similar experiences but not nearly as violent. So sorry that happened to you. I enjoyed that your mom has been so supportive and that you seem to have moved on and used all those experiences to better your life. Look forward to reading more!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Sad, poignant, funny, inspiring. Amazing. Thank you.

pamelacdnzpamelacdnz10 months ago

loving things (and the writing) so far.

ColonelinguistColonelinguist10 months ago

Back when I was in high schools - probably a decade or so earlier than you - if you had even an inkling you were a transgender male, I couldn’t imagine anyone having the courage to put their selves through what you did Tammy. I see that as progress; painful slow but progress just the same. So much so that today it has become a national issue. The xenophobes are still lurking about, and there’s always going to be haters, but for everyone of them there will be scores of those that will come to accept trans people as a perfectly normal thing.

Thanks for your wonderful biographical tale. Very well written BTW.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userShyTammy@ShyTammy
Hello dear reader, It has been a while so i thought I would take some time an update my profile. I am a 36 year old trans woman. I transitioned when I was in my teens so I am very passable. I am also a massage therapist and an active sex worker (this is not an advertisement bt...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

My Life Series Info