My Little Ventrue Pt. 02 Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The door knocked.

"Jessy?" No response. Natasha mumbled, got up, and headed for the door. She talked as she opened it. "Jessy, you—"

"Hello my dear." It was Lucas, and Damien. The two were just standing there, arms folded together under their robes on their chests.

"Uh... um...." She started to back away. She was in shorts and a t-shirt, her sword was in another room, as was her pistol. No way to defend herself.

Panic flooded her, but she forced it down. She wasn't a fledgling, she was a right hand of the Invictus. Don't panic. Don't let the the ancient elder at your door make you panic.

She inched her way toward her bedroom. "You can't... touch me. The Invictus won't allow it."

They both stepped in. Damien looked sad, but Lucas smiled. "Madame Turio knows how to play the game well, Miss Vola. Come with us. Your life will be spared."

"Maria... she...." Betrayed? What? He said her life would be spared, but then why did they break into her apartment building to come for her? Did they even have to break in? Did Maria let them in?

Too many questions! Too much risk. She had to get away, had to get out.

"... um, wait, hold on...."

"Please, Miss Vola, if you do not come with us then I am afraid we will have to make you," Lucas said. He walked after her, a gentle smile on his face. From so close, she could see the final details of his oddly colored robes, and she could smell just a touch of the weird fabric's ancient origin. Skin?

"You c-can't expect me t-t-t-t-t... to just... come."

Then Lucas's smile faded. "Very well." From beneath his gentle gaze rose stern eyes, a harsh glare, and a deep anger that had her trembling. "Damien, take her."

Damien was next to her, between her and the door. She hadn't seen him move! Fast. So fast. Faster than her. He wasn't this fast when she had shot him.

"How did you—"

The stake hit her heart fast enough that, when she looked down, she couldn't really understand that there was a piece of wood sticking out of her chest. It took a moment for the paralysis to kick in, just long enough that she could look back up and at Damien.

He looked so sad.