All Comments on 'My Married Friend's Son'

by DavidPatrick

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
And yes - you were right

Dear DP - one should not judge until one has read the fruits of you labours!

Another beautiful engaging hot story! 5* and thank you x

whiteasianlvrwhiteasianlvrover 8 years ago
Another Home Run!

DP - who the heck are you? You've just recently arrived at Literotica and yet every submission is as good or better than the last! I am simply amazed! I loved this story. Sure, there's tons of sex...but so much more. Character development and relational maturity, as well! I'll read and enjoy everything you post! THANKS!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
You're good.

I was doubtful that trick and Chris are gonna end up together. When I thought they weren't I surely was gonna rip you a new one but they did and I'm happy soooo yay!! Can't wait to read more!

xo-D

andy190andy190over 8 years ago
Loved it

Thanks sooooo much for a great story. Loved every word. It was sexy and suspenceful at the same time - and I bet you are too. Keep writing ( and come live with me please.)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Yep....exceptional

I am the original 'anonymous' who wrote that the married friend story was exceptional until the last line. Ok. I bow to you once again! Your characters are so well written that the human traits touch us all. Even your HEA's are tinged with imperfections. Yet aren't we all.

HairyJacquesHairyJacquesover 8 years ago
Poor Rob

Yet another wonderful story, expertly written and full of eroticism and emotion. But the ending is bittersweet for me because I feel so sorry for Rob. It's true that his actions had consequences -- that he could have chosen Chris, or at least maintained his side relationship with Chris. And he could have chosen, somehow, to maintain his friendship with Rob and to have been accepting of his relationship with Patrick, whom he also lost as a result of rejecting that relationship. But these are incredibly tough choices, especially knowing what we do about Rob. It's not just that he's traditional in his outlook. It's that he's basically straight. With Chris he felt the emotional bond of friendship but not romantic love; with Chris the sex was maybe warmed by friendship but its object was physical release. He realized that his relationship with Chris, if discovered, could rip apart his family, which still included kids at home. So he ended it, sacrificing sexual pleasure for the good of his children. But then his best friend and his son began an unlikely relationship that removed from his life the two men he loved the most -- leaving him stuck with his frigid and unfeeling wife. So, poor Rob. If you continue to develop this story with a sequel, maybe you will focus on him. I hope he finds some happiness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I couldn't finish reading this. Neither character was especially likeable, Trick especially was a facetious annoyance. You kept saying he was wise beyond his years, but a motto of I don't care is not evidence, offering alcohol and drugs while driving is not evidence and cheating on your partner male and female is not evidence.

MecumMhorMecumMhorover 8 years ago
I like Trick ..

.. neo-hedonism personified, with a fundamental 'I am who I am' determination and straight-forwardness, which for all must be admired, no matter where he takes the other characters, and me as reader, in a romp through the morals and mores of past and present generations.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
On the fence

Though I liked your story it rubbed me wrong that his love could be transferred so easily from father to son. Even though you kept trying to press it was totally different it still read like a transfer. But in the midst of that you have excellent writing skills and I feel you've wrapped the story up nicely and there's no need to say more.

aclassyladyaclassyladyover 8 years ago
Another great story

I started this story not really liking the description, but I figured, since you wrote it I would give it a try. I am so glad I did. This is just as wonderful as your other stories. I am a fan of your writings. Every story you have written has gotten more depth and feelings written into it than the last. Please keep writing for you have a way of bringing your readers right into your stories. I am so glad Patrick and Chris got a happy ever after. I am a sucker for HEA ending to stories. I will be waiting for your next saga to come about, and I will read it even if I am not crazy about the description. Thank you for the time and effort you put into such amazing stories.

ACLASSYLADY

MADISONKAIMADISONKAIover 8 years ago
Love it! 5 as usual

Finally read one of your stories where the couple stayed together. lol The age difference reminds me of Richard Chamberlain and his partner. I am obsessed with him from THE THORN BIRDS. He and his partner were together for over 30 years. I have often wondered if age eventually became a factor. They broke up a couple years ago. I am making it my mission to read all your stories. One a day...to savor them of course. I am down 4....hopefully there will be a new one before I have finished the current list.

CuriousPeteCuriousPeteover 8 years ago
Another Fiver!

Another great, hot, sexy story. I too felt sorry for Rob and the HEA may yet to be determined, but what a great tale. I agreed with all the previous positive postings. Look forward to the next one (I'm reading them in date order). Great character development and the hottest sex descriptions ever. Thanks again for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I really don't like this story.

It's everything I hate in a relationship- well not everything, the age thing is hot, but open relationship really makes me cry and throw something at the wall. Ugh. It's just not for me. Kuddus for making me finish it though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I hate that he cheats

Let me just first start out by saying your story is cute (except for the cheating thing). I enjoyed it, well majority of it... Say what you wanna say but what trick was doing was cheating. We all know Chris wasn't comfortable with it and he hinted on having a monogamous relationship various times. Hell he changed or rather accepted so much for Trick yet he couldn't do the same? And I feel Trick loved Rayan as much if not slightly less than he did Chris. Their whole relationship made me feel sorry for Chris as I felt he was putting more into the relationship than Trick was.

DavidPatrickDavidPatrickabout 8 years agoAuthor
On Cheating

I was trying to explore the world of the millennial after interviewing quite a few. It is an interesting world that -- in many instances -- eschews dating, monogamy, and many other constructs we have long taken as givens. One millennial in particular insisted that he and his girlfriend -- not society (in his words, "people we don't know and wouldn't trust") -- should set the boundaries of their "relationship." He took a very contractual view of it, with all boundaries to be negotiated and agreed upon by two adults. He rejected the idea of monogamy as an inherent good, insisted that the two parties to any relationship can agree to be monogamous or not and it is no one else's business, and opined that the traditional view of sex as more than sex is being challenged and in many instances rejected. So, I was trying to bring those two competing world views together, show them in tension, and show that the resolution may not be tidy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Is it wrong that I didn't like the way the story ended

I mean i like the story and all but the way it ended felt like Trick likes Raylan more than Chris, and the when Chris tries his best to be loyal to Trick but Trick stayed polygamous saddened me it felt like Chris makes all the effort to adjust when it should be them both halfway.

DavidPatrickDavidPatrickover 7 years agoAuthor
It's Not Wrong

Sometimes, things work out perfectly. Usually, things work out as they do, and we adjust to them. To me, life is like water on a sidewalk; it finds its way. I can't write fairy tales. I'm too much of a realist.

sweetlion86sweetlion86almost 7 years ago
Bittersweet ending

Very cool story, it the 4th of your stories that I read. I agree that the end is a bit bittersweet, more than 10 years later it os not nice that Truck cannot be monogamous, specially because Chris doesn't seem 100% confortable with it.

sweetlion86sweetlion86almost 7 years ago
...

Btw I apologise for the typpos in my previous comment.

Hutchison12Hutchison12almost 7 years ago
Loved it

It's Tricks parents that are the losers, they gave up their son for bigotry..their loss.

I'm glad that Tropy and Trick are looking to the future, kids will add and subtract from their relationship but add mainly. Hope they love NY, maybe the nxt chapter will be there, please keep writing love your style of storytelling.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Good Story... Two things I did not like or understand at all... Tricks parents bigotry, and loosing there own son because they were unwilling to get over it and bend! (Rob's Macho Straight Bullshit is more about jealousy than anything else IMNSHO) Chris deserved better, even though he initially agreed to the arrangement, both from his X Best Friend Rob and the Crazy Bitch Amy.. But mostly from Trick, his unwillingness or inability to give Chris what he needs in being monogamous is just plain selfish!!! Maybe he will grow up someday before Chris is gone!!! Seems he has some of his fathers selfish bullshit ingrained deeply inside his heart!!! Very Sad.......

illwindillwindalmost 6 years ago

"he was the most selfless, other-centered person I had ever met"

Oh, man, I'm still laughing about that one. You do realize that less than two paragraphs before that line you were pointing out just how selfish he could be, right? And then again with the very last line? Oh, and the pages and pages that came before it outlining in great detail how his own pleasure is far and away the most important thing to him. Not that Trick was by any means alone in his selfishness.

This is one of those stories where's there is just not a single likable character in the whole bunch. Everyone is out for themselves, and whatever they want is what matters most. True to life? Maybe. But I don't read fiction to reflect the fucked up world around me. The way Chris justifies his own actions by denouncing Rob's pretty much cemented things. Yeah, Rob's a scumbag, but that doesn't somehow give Chris a pass for being one too. You claimed in the comments that you can't right fairy tales because you're too much of a realist. Well any of these characters being called selfless is pure fantasy, I assure you.

I wouldn't necessarily say it is poorly written. But no matter how well penned it may be, it is still a story about characters that I would rather not be reading a story about.

jtownmanjtownmanover 5 years ago
Didn't want it to end

I really enjoyed this story. I didn't want it to end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Best story

This is the best story I've read on this site. The writing and, for the most part, the plotting are excellent. And on a completely separate note, I am involved with a man who is 20 years my junior. I face the same issues as Chris--this is part of what it is to be intergenerationally in love and/but the story fairly realistically describes the mindset of many younger men today. Kudos to the author for trying to set this complex dynamic to words

srrn511srrn511over 5 years ago
Bravo!

Great story with memorable characters. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us. Hoping there's another installment in the pipeline of the Trick and Trophy tale...

DevonCowboyDevonCowboyover 4 years ago
Good story

I liked this story v much, and I liked the complications that revolved around the 2 main characters. Life is never simple and it was refreshing to have a realistic gay sex story without necessarily an entirely happy ending. Happy endings are fairy (sic) stories but rarely happen in real life. I'm living in my fairy story at the moment with a husband 10 years younger than me. To be honest it's me with the much higher sex drive and I've recently realised all my partners were ususally 10+ years younger than me in order to keep up with me. Interestingly it was also my family that were the homophobes - especially my father - made more difficult because we worked together in the family business. It's taken them a long time, and a number of my partners fell by the wayside unable to deal with the rancour, but when we married my father actually welcomed my husband into the family. So things can change but possibly over a longer time frame.

I also liked the fact your characters were not feminised and shared every permutation sexually. I'm a man and like my men as men, which I appreciate is not everyone's preference. Keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A Real Story

I enjoyed this story immensely because it was not just about sex; it was about developing a true relationship. Yes, the sex was damn hot, but what made it great was a real believable story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This was no HEA

After all the shit Chris went through with Rob, he just traded it for a different set of constraints. The idea that this story explored a new millennial attitude that sex can just be sex and monogamy is outdated - or that society can’t dictate rules on relationships - was absolute bullshit. Why? Because both partners did not agree with this. Sure maybe Trick saw it this way but Chris most certainly did not and was vocal about it. So if both partners don’t see it the same way, it can’t be ok between the two people. Trick was selfish, dishonest, and intent on cheating on Chris despite his professed love for him. Regardless of Trick’s POV on the matter, Chris was hurt, disrespected and compromised by Trick’s infidelity. And there is no excuse for one partner making his other partner feel that way. Chris was too beaten down or weak to insist on being treated the way he wanted and deserved so he settled for another “less than” relationship (like father, like son in that regard). Trick was not even honest to himself - he said he didn’t kiss Ray but he did a lot. He said he wouldn’t get fucked by him again but he did (and by the way he was easily taking him he obviously took him a lot)! He said he’d only swallow Chris’ cum but that wasn’t the case. He said he wasn’t in love with Ray but everything about them indicated they both were. And above all else, he readily whored Chris out to his roomie until it was commonplace for the three of them to fuck in all combinations! Trick most definitely gave his heart to Ray as well. Without even bringing Rob into the story or considering how fucked up it was to fall in love and basically be a sex slave to both a dad and son, this story was a shit show. Trick was not wise beyond his years, he was a selfish bastard who chased an older man from a different generation who didn’t share his same outlooks yet used his good looks, hot body and sex appeal to win this mismatched persuadable weakling over and force them both to endure a subpar love affair in which their drastically differing morals continued to hurt each other again and again. If Trick wanted to live that way, he should have partnered with another millenial who shared his beliefs and wasn’t minimized by Trick’s unyielding behavior. “If you asked me to be monogamous, I would agree - even try - but I would just cheat behind your back.” WTF how I’d that ever ok? That’s not an age thing, that’s just being a self-centered prick! Not at all my idea of a good story. Just sad.

Kmax1958Kmax1958about 3 years ago

Wow, some readers got their panties in a wad over this story! It’s more fun (for me) to just get wrapped up in the characters and let the story wash over me. It’s well written, the sex is great, and the storyline is interesting as well as entertaining. Always want more from DavidPatrick.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Worst ending. Trick is an asshole a liar and a cheater, just like his father, that “millenial” approach to sex and monogamy is just bullshit, monogamy it’s not a generational made up thing, it is a personal trait, you either have it in you or not, I’m young and I believe in monogamy which comes from my heart, my feelings, not by choice or because It was implanted in me by my parents or society, when I’m in love I don’t even for a second want to be nor touch anybody else, that’s how I feel, also I’m not a prude, and have had many sexual partners and experiences, anyways this story made me feel so sorry for Chris, he didn’t deserve all that bullshit, but then again he’s the one who let it happen. Loved the writing though, and the sex was phenomenally described.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Incredible

What an amazingly well written heartfelt story.

With a little

More non sex filler this could easily be a book. Bravo!

readerfeederreaderfeederover 1 year ago

Rereading this story and found it as captivating as I remembered. Usually I feel quite squeamish about a sexual relationship between an older man and someone he helped raise since birth...it's a thorny scenario, one I'm usually disapproving of, but you did a good job of allaying my reservations.

I find it really funny how personally attacked some commentators are about Trick's non-monogamy... people really cannot fathom that some relationships are built differently, huh.

Trick was upfront from the beginning about not wanting to be sexually exclusive, and he communicated that clearly with Chris - no lies, no deceptions.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous