My Mystery Mate Ch. 26

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The prosecution rested, and William stood up to start the defense. "Elders, you are being provided with sworn statements from a number of the women and their mates who were rescued by Joe and Linda from the Torchelli crime family. In each, the mates describe what happened in their imprisonment and what their mates were forced to do to keep them from further harm. As you know, the Alphas and the Council have decided that those crimes will not be punished as they were under duress. In the interest of time, I'd like to have these entered into the trial record."

"For what purpose?" Elder Brendan asked.

"That will be clear in a moment." William then played the videotape of the interrogation of Victor Torchelli. The crowd was shocked as they heard him say Alpha Francis paid for the job, and then the double cross. Elder Grey had to bang his gavel to restore order, and William was happy to restart the tape so it could be heard again. The Telluride pack was shifty, and even an Alpha command was being fought as people tried to stand in rage. The room listened as he crowed about how her baby daddy sold her to him, and how he used her daughter to force her to take jobs. When she ripped him apart, the crowd was cheering for her and Elder Grey again had to restore order.

The prosecutor rose to object. "This tape isn't evidence, we can't cross examine this criminal."

William rose. "Elders, we agree but we can corroborate this information with our next evidence." The council directed him to proceed, and there were gasps throughout the room when the video came up showing a beaten and chained Mike Donaldson. At first the Telluride members were angry, some standing, but that anger quickly changed its focus as they learned what Mike had done. When the confession of how he killed the Luna under Alpha Francis' order, there was no chance for the Elders or any Alpha to maintain order.

One after another, Telluride Pack members rejected their Alpha and advanced on him. His loyal Betas surrounded him on the stage, but they were only a dozen and soon hundreds of angry wolves were surrounding them. The Nightmare Pack surrounded their Alphas, but none of the crowd had any interest in them or the Council. They all moved to the other side of the stage, watching helplessly as the Pack worked its own justice.

The Betas protecting a terrified Alpha shifted to wolf form, triggering a mass shift of the entire Telluride Pack within the room. The growls of the leadership were strong, but the anger in the growls of the Pack was much stronger. As they closed the circle, two Betas changed their minds and rolled over in submission; they were bypassed. The circle around Alpha Francis grew smaller as his threats and commands grew more strident. "SUBMIT! I AM YOU ALPHA! YOU WILL SHIFT BACK OR FACE THE CONSEQUENCES!"

The front row of the closing circle leaned forward, teeth exposed and growling, as the second row stood tall behind them. On a silent signal, they charged the ring. Howls of pain and snarls filled the room as the Pack quickly tore through the defenders and reached their Alpha. His screams echoed through the room as his body was torn apart; the Council could only watch in horror as the blood and flesh flew above the pile of wolf fur that covered him. In a minute, the crowd settled and retreated; some shifted, while others just stayed in wolf form as they exited the building. By the time the Council and the prosecution and defense had taken their seats again, only a couple of low ranking Telluride Pack members remained.

As soon as Elder Grey gaveled in, William stood. "The defense rests, Elders."

Elder Grey looked to the prosecutor, who had shifted to join the attack on his Alpha and was standing naked at his table. "Final statement, Prosecutor?"

The Beta looked down. "Elders, in light of the new evidence, the Prosecution would request that all charges be dropped."

There was a cheer from the Nightmare Pack and some other observers at this, and Elder Grey quickly got order back. "It is so ordered. Alpha Joe Miller, you are free to go. Luna Miller, you have been found guilty of trespassing on Pack lands and stealing Pack property. You will be held in custody pending sentencing. Do you have anything to say prior to said sentencing?"

Linda rose. "Elders, I regret the actions I was forced to take to keep my daughter safe. I have suffered much from these actions already, and I would ask the Telluride Pack to consider this when determining the sentence." She sat down.

The Council stood. "We will adjourn until notified by the Prosecutor that the Telluride Pack has agreed on an appropriate punishment for Luna Miller. Beta Ridgeline, I don't even know who is in charge of your Pack any more, but you... your Pack needs to figure things out and fast. May Luna guide you to justice." He banged his gavel and the Elders filed out of the building while everyone else stood.

Joe turned to Linda and hugged her tight. "It will be all right, my love. They won't hold it against you when they haven't held it against the others."

Linda melted into his arms. "I hope so, but I'm not sure how wolves will treat not just a person who didn't belong to a Pack, but also a cat. That's two strikes against me, and three if you consider the Pack wolves I hurt in my escape." She kissed him deeply before she was led away.

Joe fell to his knees, and was immediately surrounded by his Pack and led back to their quarters. They tried to relax, but even the food they were brought was not eaten. The Pack closed ranks around Joe, keeping their touch on him and comforting him as the scenarios went through his head.

At seven, there was a knock on the door. Enrique opened it to reveal Renee. "Alpha Miller, the sentencing will be in thirty minutes. Your presence is requested in the hearing room."

Joe stood up and let out a deep sigh. "Let's get this over with." Renee embraced him briefly at the door before they all started the walk to the auditorium. By the time they had their seats, the place was half full. Joe tried to read the faces of the Telluride Pack members who had just decided his mate's fate, but they hid their emotions well. Linda was led to the defense table, and they all stood as the council members took their places.

Elder Grey gaveled the sentencing hearing to order. "Beta Ridgeline, has the Telluride Pack determined an appropriate sentence for the admitted guilt of Linda Miller on the charges of trespassing and stealing Pack property?

The Beta stood. "We have, Elders." Linda stood along with William, and then the entire Telluride Pack stood as well. "We, the members of the Telluride Pack, sentence Linda Miller to become Luna of the Telluride Pack."

"WHAT?" Linda shouted, her mouth hanging open as Joe sat there in shock. "You want me to lead you?"

"Yes." The Prosecutor knelt down, followed by every member of his Pack. "You and Joe have conducted yourselves with honor, despite the unfairness of the situation. You have selflessly helped other wolves and given them their lives back. We have talked to your Pack members, and know how they love and respect you. That is why we, as a Pack, beg that you and Alpha Joe take the leadership of our Pack and set us back on an honorable path." He bowed his head in submission.

"Give me a moment." Linda looked to Joe, mentally communicating with him since he was her Alpha. Then the Nightmare pack came together, but that decision didn't take long. Linda and Joe turned to the Pack, hand in hand. "We accept your request and pray that Luna would bless our leadership, and the entry of the Nightmare Pack members into a revived Telluride Pack."

They felt the Alpha bonds form as each wolf came forward and submitted to them. Lynn was helped onto the stage by her grandfather, and she ran over to hug her leg. She leaned into her mate, one hand on her belly, and smiled at how her life had changed.

12