All Comments on 'My New Pet Robot 05'

by Beatnic_jazzman

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
sailandoarsailandoarabout 11 years ago
Obedience of fools ...

... and the guidance of wise men .... mushroom culture and pork barrel patriotism ..... I like it, Thank You !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Just a little niggle.

Lied = Told an untruth.

Lay = To be in a prone position.

Sorry, but it's repeated over and over.

bigguy323bigguy323about 11 years ago
Socialism has never worked in a complex society and seldom worked in a simple one.

"Socialism, like the ancient ideas from which it springs, confuses the distinction between government and society. As a result of this, every time we object to a thing being done by government, the socialists conclude that we object to its being done at all."

-Frederic Bastiat

bigguy323bigguy323about 11 years ago
Truth about Socialism.

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.

2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it!

5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.

HiromotoHiromotoabout 11 years ago
Not Socialism.

There is a difference between the socialism and what the author is describing here. The main character doesn't want to take from people, but to give people a way to choose how to work for them selves. Capitalism takes from the many to give to the few. What I think what is described here is the end of a monetary system. Where people work for others to get what they need.

redlion75redlion75about 11 years ago

if you work to get things instead of money that is called bartering and it didnt work in the dark ages because 1 has to agree with the value of the job done from job to jobor place to place.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

Maybe you should retitle this, the robot is barely in this story yet.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous