All Comments on 'My Saving Grace Pt. 07'

by carbinemaster

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
AllintheheadAllintheheadover 7 years ago
Thank you

Thanks for another well pieced together chapter. Honestly after your comment from your last story i didn't think we'd get another chapter for awhile. Now i can only wonder what new problems are going to arise with that video? Looking forward to the next part

arrowglassarrowglassover 7 years ago
I wait for each new part of this tale!

As always...well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
This Has Been A Great Series So Far!

But do me a favor and make sure that someone blows either Trent's head off, or chops off his balls. I hate that piece of shit with a passion. I went to college with a guy that acted just like him, and I still thank God to this day that he crossed the wrong person and ended up dead. The really nice part about all of that was that the police knew what a criminal motherfucker he was and refused to investigate his death. Once again, great story line.

John

Captain_FapulusCaptain_Fapulusover 7 years ago
Superb yet again

And to think it was only storytelling with no sex, sometimes this only makes it so much more enjoyable. Glad to see the family coming to terms with their relationship, though some harder than others, the final resolution is a solid one.

The only problem I do have is the inevitable drama coming from trent and the possible trouble he might cook up - please do not let it hurt Kevin or Grace in any way, they have suffered enough already and deserve the happy future. Maybe just make it one more chapter where Trent gets hit by a bus or a train be done with it, drama is good and all but not serving any purpose when it's dished out just to keep up the suspense.

Still as usual I'm giving this one a 5* rating and look fro more before your real life kicks in once more.

bripashbripashover 7 years ago
really enjoy

I have liked all the chapters you have written. It is not about just sex it is about love and compannionship

sabra16023sabra16023over 7 years ago
Great story writing

Can't wait for next chapter. Thanks

chipmandonechipmandoneover 7 years ago
Another good one.

You can continue this storyline till the cows come home. You are one of the best writers on this site.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Great chapter

As you know, I love this story. I think you are a great writer, and you correctly expresses the loving relationship between Grace and Kevin, the understanding of most of the family about their relationship and the contradictory feelings between them.

That's why you are one of my favorite authors in this section, since this story expresses a relationship of love, not lust, between a brother and sister, that destiny has linked through a series of events.

For me, this story is at the same level of "Colleen" or "All I need", where the sex is not the protagonist of the stories.

For me, the script of this story is:: "We do not choose who we fall in love, it is love that chooses us", and you write very well the struggle of Grace and Kevin for that love.

5* for you!

Waiting the next chapter coming soon!

I apologize for my English, is not my native language.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Happy to see another chapter

Its like a little present, thank you

RasmatRasmatover 7 years ago
For me (And, I suspect, many others)....

One writer of this caliber is worth legions of the one or two-page 'stroke-story s cribblers on this site. Five and favorited. Please continue.

Mysterious1963Mysterious1963over 7 years ago
You did it again

Also this chapter is extremly good written. It shows again the undying love of Kevin and Gracie. Also their parents have to aknowledge that the two are inseparable and nothing can divide them. Even if the result would be a rejection by their parents, which luckily didn't happen. Now it's still interesting how this jerk of a uncle Trent will react and how the journey will end.

I'm longing towards the next chapter of this novell. You are a great witer. I can only confirm the statement of an earlier comment here; the sex is in this story not the most important thing but, it's the love of those two and how they deal with reactions of their family.

Comentarista82Comentarista82over 7 years ago
Loved it

Glad Kevin forgave Kelly, although the foreboding you created with Trent and his possible future activities made me shiver. What have you got up your sleeve? Masterfully written. 5.

honybipolahonybipolaover 7 years ago
as always

we got another great chapter...still waiting for more...

lantern04lantern04over 7 years ago
Well done.

I like it. I hope to see at least one more part in this series.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysabout 7 years ago

Meh, he was way too quick to forgive Kelly, if they end up becoming friends then he is an idiot, she ended up not being trustworthy in a romantic relationship, why should he trust her as a friend?

It felt more like she just came to absolve her guilt.

He should just have reiterated to Kelly that he never wanted to see her again, the second she stepped into the door.

Too much forgiveness apparently rots your brain.

prop69prop69almost 7 years ago
Incest relationships cause problems, legal and emotional

Kelly was correct. If her feelings changed about marriage and family she should have

told Matt and broken up with him before she had sex with another man. They loved each other for more than 6 years. It is difficult to change to HATE in a few minutes. With all the emotional problems Matt and Gracie were dealing with having the burden of Kelly lifted will help. Also, they need every friend they can have.

I certainly do not know the legal concerns Matt and Gracie will face. Is it right for the legal system to be the final decision maker when it comes to emotional decisions among consenting adults.

Captain MidnightCaptain Midnightover 6 years ago
I am grateful this series is so nuanced

I am very glad that the chapters so far have not been wall-to-wall sex romps, and that there is often no sex at all in a chapter. There will be time enough for that once the relationship is fully settled, since it clearly isn't yet.

I liked what Kelly said. After many years, oftentimes couples realize they won't be compatible -- or one member of a couple can't tell the other member. Although I am still very upset with Kelly, she did break it up before she and Kevin had sex together, which would have made breaking up infinitely more difficult. I've been there.

I don't blame the family members for being very upset with Kevin and Grace. There are good reasons why incest is still a taboo. One is stated in the previous paragraph in that if Kevin and Grace break up, it will make life infinitely more difficult for the both of them. There is quite a good chance that Grace's goals will conflict with Kevin's. Having a child or children could be disastrous.

The author has fallen into a trap of making Kevin MUCH too noble, thereby a self-righteous prig who is ALWAYS right and his adversaries ALWAYS wrong. I've seen this in stories (not just here) with increasing frequency and it makes Kevin quite unlikeable. It doesn't help that Kevin is narrating the story. It might have worked better if there had been a third-person narrator.

Still, a great series! Hope to see more chapters,

PrinceLukePrinceLukeover 4 years ago
I Love THIS

The way you end each story with the words my saving grace is awesome. I myself would never forgive Kelly, she is a cheating, slutty,devilish whore and i would have turned her away. If someone decides to cheat once its just a matter of time before she cheats again. I hope her so called Soul Mate Grant cheats on her, i would honestly die of laughter if she walked in on him cheating on her. Another awesome chapter thou and another 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Kelly

Easily could have broken up with him then went her merry way.You don't do that to anyone you have a sliver of respect for.The forgiveness cause I'm really a good person in spite of what I do is getting monotonous..

PrinceLukePrinceLukeover 3 years ago
3rd Read & Uhhh Kelly...

Third time reading and still hate Kelly lol. Loved the chapter thou and onwards to the next.

mrdata9770mrdata9770about 3 years ago

Redemption for the Kelly character??? So like, hey dude, sorry, my bad, I should have dumped you years ago, please forgive me. Really?? She absolutely cock blocked her virtuous boyfriend for six years and then decides to bed a man who she just met with no hesitation?? At that point, she had as much regard for Kevin as she would a piece of gum stuck on the sole of her left boot. I’m sorry but it was such a blatant act of betrayal of a man who loved her for six freaking years. I mean, no one likes a cheater but you could have written it a bit less horrendous so she could be forgiven or Kevin could have forgiven her by just forgetting her. If that makes any sense. So damn painful.

Lions86Lions86almost 2 years ago

yeah i cant stand when a good story does some seriously stupid shit like giving Kelly any sort of redemption. She should have just been never forgiven and def not told to keep in touch. She led her boyfriend on for 6 years talking about marriage and waiting to have sex till then and now all of a sudden she isnt looking for marriage and never was. Then after telling her boyfriend they should be each others first on the night they get married she goes and fucks some other dude right after meeting him. Yeah thats a cunt. Cunts dont deserve forgiveness.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanalmost 2 years ago

Blah, blah, blah. some guys should have gone to Uncle Trent's house and demanded, threatened the videos he took and had him and Anthony charged for trespassing and peeping.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Honestly all was good but Kelly can fuck off.

ScottishTexanScottishTexanover 1 year ago

Okay, you had a solid four working until the whole Kelly visit scene. The first part of Kelly's monolog almost made me puke. The more that I read, then the more contrived and outlandish it sounded. I'm absolutely 💯 percent positive that this was never back story or canon at the time that you wrote the "Kevin proposes to Kelly in the restaurant" scene. I guess that in the course of readers clamoring for a determination of Kelly's fate that this was the best that you could come up with to defuse the lynch mob. Epic failure! 2/5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Poor Kelly, she never ever stood a chance with Kevin. He was madly and passionately in love with someone else. Even if he wasn't able to recognize it, she would have picked up on it. She would have been aware of his inability to give total his commitment.

Aussie1951Aussie19518 months ago
Brilliantly written but

I have a horrible feeling that the shit is going to hit the fan sooner than later. His uncle is definitely up to something and I feel it’s going to be all bad.⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Well, I have to say, I am surprised. Such a rare thing for me to experience. You actually made me, at least partially, forgive Kelly, something I honestly thought was impossible to do after her actions. But it's all so much clearer now after her talk in the hospital. She felt trapped, got in her own head, allowed her fear to dictate her actions (she didn't want to hurt Kevin ironic as that may be), and made a terrible mistake. But she has shown deep remorse for it and there wasn't any malice in her actions. She understands what she should have done and confessed all of that to Kevin. He understands this and was able to forgive her, though admittedly, I doubt he would have been quite as forgiving if he hadn't found his true love in Grace. I thought that whole scene was simply beautiful.

Now I understand the arguments some others have made in the comments and it's very easy to be in that mind set (in fact, my default stance against cheaters is permanent distrust and unable to forgive the act). That being said, this is the first story - and I've read a lot - that I've seen where the guilty party takes the time to thoroughly explain what happened and why, as well as show genuine remorse for their actions and state what they should have done instead. I do not condone what she did - and I can never forgive the act of cheating itself nor rebuild any real trust with such a person - but I understand why she did what she did, and she didn't do it with any intent to harm Kevin. While I cannot say I fully understand what was going through her mind at the time (who can really?), I at least feel like I understand her a bit better now. I think the whole time she was just choosing the lesser of two evils, always trying to prevent hurting Kevin, but not really seeing a means of escape, because she really did love him, though her love did change over time as she realized they wanted different things. Oh, and the whole "stringing him along for 6 years without sex" thing, that was always meant to be for a special moment for them both when they got married; it's not one-sided, as she wasn't getting any sex either up until she made her big mistake. Anyway, I could rant about this for a while but I feel like there's always going to be missing pieces from the picture, so you just have to decide for yourself in the end as to whether she should be forgiven or not.

Now as for this Trent character, this guy needs to be institutionalized, like, yesterday. I hope he doesn't hurt anyone else and gets what's coming to him. I'm curious to see how this is going to play out in the last chapter.

Oh, and anyone else get the feeling Chris (Hannah's husband that was mentioned) is Hannah's brother? That's my guess at least.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous