All Comments on 'My Sentinel'

by musicalchick

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Interesting Idea.

This was a very intriguing read, it was well played out. Besides for a few mistakes very well written. What I find interesting is the idea of Matt saveing her from the shooting. Was it a recurring incident that he foretold because of his state and past experiences, or was it a overlap of the time strewn because of his involvement with her. All in all a well written and refreshing read.

-Will Oleary

musicalchickmusicalchickover 9 years agoAuthor
Thank you Will..

..for your comment. Yes, I do make mistakes when I write as when I get an idea I am so keen to get to the end that I write at speed!

In my dream, a stranger came into my house in the middle of the night when there was chaos outside and made love to me. This is clearly not realistic, and so the story began in my head.

I would like to think that Matthew was tortured by his failing to save Georgina and through a sixth sense got to know Anna because he knew her days were numbered. Yes, time seemed to be irrelevant in this, and Anna may have indeed slipped into another time, but I did not worry about this. I just wanted to write a pure story about loving a man for who he is, regardless of looks, ability or all that awful Hollywood stuff that we're supposed to find important. Love is just love. Bring it on!

seekerazseekerazover 9 years ago
Wonderful storytelling and a wonderful story...

Of course every story can benefit from additional editing but the pace and tone held my attention and interest throughout. I think that you telegraphed Matthew's plight and his story about a third of the way in but it did not diminish my enjoyment in the least. I was so captured by the story that I didn't notice any "mistakes" and besides, mistakes happen. You're an artist not a copy editor. It's very hard to edit your own work unless you've distanced yourself from it for awhile.

I was going to say that you should try to make is more conversational and write for the ear as much as for the eye but, that's just pretentious bunk on my part. Anna's storytelling remained utterly consistent with the character revealed throughout. Besides telling you to make it conversational may be me saying to "Americanize" it. I think it's fine the way it is. A pleasure to read. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

YAWN, sorry, no rating, but I got bored reading about the unpacking for 3 days and the OCD with the CD organizing....

tabbymidnitetabbymidniteover 9 years ago
I so enjoyed this story

I cried as well. What a way with words. Thank you for sharing. Would love to see a part 2 to see more of their future.

arrowglassarrowglassover 9 years ago
Thank you for this incredible story!

Enjoyed it all!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
It might have been a good story......

But I'm not into reading about single fourtyone year old women on the rebound. At the point where you went into the cliched 'look into the mirror' and began the description of your female lead, I stopped dead in my tracks. Don't wanna read about 'em, don't have to read about 'em and I really wish you would have submitted this in the mature section. That way I could have been spared the indignity of opening and reading the first few bland and terribly cliched paragraphs of something as aweful as this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Guardian Angel

Read all of this story. Up front, this was a dream. The part of Matthew needed to be explained more. How did he move around when he was in a nursing home bed???? The reason for the question relates to Matthew being in Analisa's house to bedroom without a key. Next was the mystery of the shooting outside of Analisa's house. Clear understanding on my part reading as to what is actually going on in each situation. Other than that, this was a good reading.

musicalchickmusicalchickover 9 years agoAuthor
Many questions, some unanswered....

When I started this story, Matthew was going to be a ghost but I quickly realised this would result in a dismal ending with Analise weeping at a graveside. Not good.

I then wondered if he could actually be alive? Matthew knows he is not dead, but is lost and hurt, having tried and failed to save Georgina. Could his intense hurt, his desire to live, and his need to make-up for his previous failing be enough for him to see glimpses of the past, present and future from where his body lay in the bed? Could his desire to save Analise be enough for him to project part of himself into reality? It seemed to take extortionate effort for him to be visual to Analise whilst she was awake. Perhaps easier then for their two minds to meet when both sleeping? You decide...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
good stuff

Excellently written and an odd-ball scene.

HP

GriffyD_BoyGriffyD_Boyabout 9 years ago

Awesome read, I loved it.

musicalchickmusicalchickabout 9 years agoAuthor
Thank you

I am glad you enjoyed the story. Not looked on the website for over a month, as have been travelling and writing other things, but may get a little inspiration again......we'll see. Life too short to worry. Lovely when I get positive feedback :)

Senior819Senior819over 8 years ago
WOW!!!!!

Being a male it is often hard for me to get inside the head of a female. But you made me do it and it was a wonderful experience. I only hope that this isn't your only post here. As I plan on reading more of your writings.. And again I say WOW!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Beautiful.

I'll admit, I wasn't expecting a story on a woman's perspective featuring slight paranormal, or meta-human-esque, elements, but for what this story was it was intriguing all throughout.

The buildup into the life, mannerisms and personality of the character were very well done and I really felt for the character when things really began to develop, a feat which is not so easily accomplished for a writer. The pacing and tone of the story were well-constructed as well and I was legitimately compelled to read about this person's journey through what seemed like a steadily-developing nightmare.

For what it was and what it became, I'm glad it ended the way that it did and that the characters were able to find each at the end, they both deserved to have that chance after all they went through together. Really, it's hard to believe that this all came from a dream, but 1. I'm glad you had the dream in the first place, and 2. I'm glad you decided to put in the effort to make this experience into a story and to share it with this community, even if some of them are a bit too immature to fully enjoy it.

All in all, as a reader I was enthralled by how you presented the story as a whole, and for that you have my both my admiration and my thanks for seeing it through as you did. And as a writer, I was impressed with how easily you were able to compose everything into as brief a story as it was while keeping up a relatively sedate pacing that made every detail, every feeling, feel authentic. Brilliant work, Madam. This was, and is, a truly impressive work and for that you have my thanks.

-T.B.L.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

It was an amazing story. There is no reason that supernatural occurances can't be used to make the story that much better.

tazz317tazz317about 5 years ago
STRANGE THINGS OCCUR

between Heaven n Hell but somehow they do, TK U MLJ LV NV

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous