My Sister Jackie Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Wes99
Wes99
1,126 Followers

Mel listened intently with a slight smile on his face as I told him about Jackie and me, our relationship, the constant uncertainty and the serious threat posed by her ex-husband Roger. He asked me about the information that Jackie was holding and I was embarrassed that I couldn't give him many details. Mel nodded a few times as he listened and, as usual, I couldn't tell what Mel was thinking.

"Well," he said. There was a pause just before he stood up. He glanced at me with a friendly smile that masked everything as he put on his leather gloves.

He picked up his walking stick and before he turned to leave said, "I suggest you and Jackie take a weeklong trip somewhere, leave as soon as possible and neither of you should go back home before you leave. Just leave, now!"

"I hear Hawaii is nice this time of year," he said over his shoulder.

I knew Mel was serious and I was greatly relieved. As I walked to my car I just hoped I could convince Jackie to fly to Hawaii looking as she did at that moment—wearing damp tennis shoes and my sweats.

"You've got to trust me on this," I said. "We'll get you new clothes and whatever we need in Hawaii," I promised her. We had less than an hour before the flight and Jackie bought a straw hat in one of the airport stores that covered most of her tangled hair.

Because of her love for me Jackie trusted me and went along with what I'd asked her to do without much question. After take-off and most of the other passengers were asleep I tried to tell her as much as I could about Mel which wasn't much. Just that we had to trust him.

EPIOLOGUE

We stayed an additional romantic week in Hawaii and we both felt as if we were finally free, even though I wasn't totally sure. When we returned to the Mainland Jackie just stayed with me. She never went anywhere near the house where Roger held her.

One day a large box was delivered to my office and it was addressed to Jackie. Inside the box were personal things, photos, jewelry, some clothing but absolutely nothing hinting that Roger ever existed.

Sometime later, out of curiosity, I drove up the coast to the house that Jackie and Roger lived it. It had been heavily damaged by fire and was scheduled for demolition. Out of respect, I knew there was no point trying to ask Mel about it. I never tried.

Eight years later, after some searching quite by accident I learned that at the same time Jackie and I were in Hawaii right after my meeting with Mel, Roger had been committed to a mental institution four the criminally insane. Two years later he died of natural causes.

Our lives have changed for the better. We're unbelievably happy and raising our two adopted babies.

Wes99
Wes99
1,126 Followers
12