My Story of Ben Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When I woke Ben was curled behind me. His strong arms held me tightly. When I stirred and attempted to get up, he tightened his grip.

"No, I'm not ready yet," he murmured against my neck.

"I'll never be ready," I whispered, molding my body to his, my hands holding his arms.

"Neither will I..."

A few hours later we woke again and this time we had to get up. We were both quiet as we showered and got ready. We moved slowly as if asking time to slow with us. This was it, we had to say goodbye.

He held me close as I did my best to not ruin his clothes with my tears. Though we both knew this was the only way, it still hurt. He held my face in his hands.

"Oh my Angel..." He sighed. "I don't know how to do this."

"I don't either. So I'll just at this: you are amazing. And what we had? Incredible. I'm going to miss you." I choked back more tears. "I love you, Ben."

He kissed me one last time and turned to go.

"Goodbye, Mia."

-------------------------

On my last day at work, I came in for my shift with a heavy heart. Stacy greeted me with her usual garb, a passing "what up biatch?!" and a swat on my ass. I was going to miss her. A few of my usuals came by and we chatted about my plans. It wasn't until about ten minutes later that I noticed it.

On the bar in front of the chair that Ben always sat in was a red rose and a little gift box. Tears immediately began to flow as I picked it up and read the small card.

"In my own way, I did love you, Mia. I always will. Enjoy Vancouver, you're going to do amazing things. Yours always, Ben"

With shaking hands I opened the box and found a USB drive. My laptop was in my locker and I couldn't wait to see what was on it.

When my break time finally came I ran back and plugged it in. There were songs, the one that caught my eye was Angel by Massive Attack. Playing it I opened the folder and began to scroll through the pictures. There were ones from our first date, beautiful scenery and the ones he took of me next to the car. I was surprised to see a few of me that I didn't know he took, my favorite was of me sitting on the rock looking out over the water. Others were from our night, erotic in nature and in black and white. My favorite of those was one of our hands, his enveloping mine pressed against the window.

The last file on the drive was a letter from Ben. Fresh tears flowed as I read his words. My heart ached but also soared as he reminisced about our time together and the love we did indeed share. Closing my computer, I took a deep breath and headed out to finish my shift.

----------

Three months later I was settled in Vancouver. I had a great condo in an up and coming neighborhood. Work was all I imagined it would be. Although I had offers, I stayed away from dating. I was enjoying this next chapter in my life.

Ben and I stayed in touch. We emailed often and he kept me appraised on all his travels. He is my closest friend and although I had hoped for us to work, in the end, what we have now is perfect.

He's going to be making a trip out my way soon and I hope we can spend some time together. A trip to Whistler has been mentioned, so you never know!

12