All Comments on 'My Summer Wife'

by SEVERUSMAX

Sort by:
  • 119 Comments
rightbankrightbankover 6 years ago
truly unusual

Not much to like since it was pretty much an extended discussion of a polyamourus family

chytownchytownover 6 years ago
Could Not Finish**

Sorry!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Another story

By a faggot ,in LW,what a joke

LenardSpencerLenardSpencerover 6 years ago
Her manipulation

So, now that his wife has manipulated him involving HER family, he can proceed to go off and fuck whoever he pleases as part of HIS freedom of expression. is that right? What would his wife say to that? There is no trust here what-so-ever. Not telling him about this "summer wife" stuff. Not telling/discussing with him re getting pregnant. Not telling him she actually was pregnant. That other husband Jimmy sounds as if he was the only sane person in this story, kicking his lying, manipulating wife to touch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
1*

absurd cuck shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Perhaps you should consider therapy. 1*

Stopped reading half-way through.

CharliegutzacheCharliegutzacheover 6 years ago
OMG

where do l sign up to a family just like that one

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Someone wants to be their own grandpa.

jasjonjasjonover 6 years ago
No

No... just no.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Secrecy

My problem with this story, and others of similar ilk, the story about planting trees comes to mind, is the husband not being told of this "arrangement" before the marriage.

His choice shouldn't be agree or divorce, it should be agree or no marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
The story concept isn't bad

But the execution isn't very good. Throwing in the incest really fouls up the story. There are ways to make the story interesting, but you missed them. I could see the sisters part, if one had to spend the summer away, but the virgin brother just doesn't work.

Knocking up the summer wife part doesn't work either, because it pushes arrangement past summer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Funny

Situation not worse that the family that hides madness or bipolar disorder in the family. Poor fellow has to deal with it after he said his vows...

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 6 years ago
Should have discussed up front before marriage

Could easily turn violent. I would have felt manipulated and would have taken my anger out on the first male member of their family (never hit a woman), got Jimmy on board and publically humiliated the entire diseased clan.

looking4itlooking4itover 6 years ago

Some of it didn't make sense and a portion of that was the writing in several instances there were words missing. So the family marries with a secret and rolls the dice that they could judge character enough to avoid divorce. Frankly, not cinsidering the whole apparent incest part, that is a profoundly selfish and fucked up way to build relationships and marriages. If it is such an important issue to the family why not be up front about it? Divorces are an awful thing to go through especially if lies and deception were involved to the very core of the relationship. They admittedly made poor choices on occasion and blame the wronged spouse for not being progressive enough to buy into a belief system that was hidden from them until it was too late.

There has to be some inbreeding here. No contraception is 100% and if this has gone on for a century with family members being an option the odds are in favor of someone having an unwanted pregnancy.

"Tied down by monogamy" is not going to be satisfied by summer wives chosen by the wife.

I'm not going to say wrong category but it could have easily gone into one of your favorite categories, incest/taboo, to reach a more appreciative audience.

ManoBlueManoBlueover 6 years ago
Ridiculous

Man most LW Authors has to be the most forgiving people on Earth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
what was he drinking

he had sex and did not know who it was with until morning? I have never been

that drunk or been on any drugs that made me that blind. He admits to being

a dog in heat. Not a marriage that I would be in , to much drama.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Is this some kind of polyamory or group marriage story?

Looks like this should be in Group Sex, or maybe Erotic Couplings. Its not adultery, is it? Its kind of wife swapping, but he hadn't agreed to it yet. And if marriages are destroyed when the family tradition is revealed, then why not save all the pain and turmoil and legal expense and inform your fiance' about this aspect of your future life? And maybe most importantly, what is the point of swapping spouses for the summer? Just sexual variety?

Obviously these summer marriages are about at deep and intense as the regular marriage, which means not at all. Let's see, this is March, I wonder who's spouse and fuck toy I will be in July? Yeah, really deep and meaningful relationships. So why don't they all just live communally? Sounds like they are all going to be promiscuous during the summer marriages, so why confine it to just summer? And how does a real husband control who the summer husband allows to fuck his wife during the summer? When the summer is over the returning wife might be a very changed woman!

Kind of interesting if your against monogamous relationships, but then why bring marriage into it at all?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Sorry

No Sale... and don't tell me I don't know what I'm missing because i listed all the things I'm missing in the Divorce petition.

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 6 years ago
What on earth

Was this drivel?

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 6 years ago
Can't Believe This

I didn't quite make it to the end of page 1, but that was too much. The only category this is a good fit for is GARBAGE. 1* just to make a point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
How long ago did this take place?

"I usually taught typewriting classes to young secretaries"? How long since there have been any Secretaries or Typewriting? Do you mean keyboard skills and trainee administrators?

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 6 years agoAuthor
Well, I've sufficiently riled up the imbeciles in this category again.

The lion doesn't concern itself with the opinions of sheep, anyway. But it has been amusing, seeing the absurd, illogical, moralistic objections to the storyline. It comes down to, if the man actually liked the outcome of what has been termed manipulation enough to forgive the manipulators and agree to the plan (he still had time to back out if he wished, but why would he), he's somehow a wimp and an idiot. Whereas, in my book, the one who kicked his wife out without even urging her not to go through it before he did so, not even giving her a chance to back out, that guy was the hothead and moron.

Should they have told the husbands first? Sure, they goofed up. That's something that is bound to come up in the future until they reform their plans. That and attacking the first hubby in his sleep were blunders on their part. I never said otherwise. She should have also told hubby that she had his baby (and, yes, it is his baby). As to what happens past the summer, there are no guarantees.

Also, in reference to "controlling" what the summer spouse does, that's not an option. That's part of the point. Temporarily, the regular spouse defers to the summer spouse on that matter. You might not like that, but at least it cuts both ways. Wifey has no say in what hubby does with summer wife, either. She can't manipulate, as you put it, anything any further. That's a consequence of this.

Would Jimmy take Kelly back? Unlikely, and I doubt that she'll want him back after he did that to her. I have strong suspicions of where their future is headed, hers, Jimmy's, Sandra's, and the protagonist's....and Steve's, of course.

As for the typewriting, I simply meant keyboarding, since when I was younger, PCs weren't quite as commonplace, so I must have reverted to the old terminology.

Look, I get that you folks don't like the plot or what someone called the "execution" of it. That's your right. This story has been out on other sites and has gotten a mostly favorable response. Some have even liked it here. But I did take a risk with it by putting it in Loving Wives. Why?

Two reasons:

1. To rile up the trolls, anony bots, and other assorted parents' basement folk who like to attack any story that isn't their cup of tea, and who mostly congregate in LW because they're most offended by adventurous wives and husbands for some reason.

2. Despite her admitted flaw of being sometimes manipulative, Sandra does love her husband and wants him to enjoy the pleasure of a summer wife. You will note that she waited for his consent and his choice (so he got to do some manipulating, too) before taking on a summer husband. It's not like she started bonking her brother and then told hubby after the fact, is it? Robert is in (mostly) good hands with his wife and her sister. She's not perfect, given that she failed to disclose before marriage what the deal was, but she is loving. And she's adventurous at the same time, thus fitting both the usual and the Lit definition of a "loving wife."

Don't worry. I mostly stick to the saner parts of Lit, but once in a while, I go here to mess with the crazies, mostly in retaliation for all of the grief that they have caused any author who doesn't toe the party line.

Sayonara,

Sev

javmor79javmor79over 6 years ago
Potential that fell flat.

This story had a potential to display a lot of raw emotion. The author didn't capitalize on it. That made everything feel flat.

For starters, this man wakes up and is blindsided with the knowledge that he mistakenly cheated on his wife. To a man who tries his hardest to be faithful, that is a nightmare. All the years of trust and love that you worked hard to build is gone in a drunken instant. How does he not panic with this?

Next,he finds out that his wife planned it all along. She didn't discuss it with him, she just set him up. Where is the anger from that?

It gets worse from there. Apparently, there is a secret family tradition that he was never told of, and therefore couldn't give consent to be a part of. However, he is expected to not only be okay with it, but fully participate. He is told that he is expected to be another woman's husband for an entire summer. On top of that, he has to PICK HIS REPLACEMENT FOR HIS WIFE! To add insult to injury, his wife wasn't even the one to have the discussion with him. She left that to her sister.

His wife and inlaws are some of the most inconsiderate and narcissistic people on the planet. His wife even feels like she did a good thing and deserves recognition for waiting 3 years instead of blindsiding him immediately after they said "I do."

Then there's the sister in law. She barely reacted to getting kicked out by her husband over this tradition. She is on the verge of divorce and her thinking is, "At least I have a summer husband. I'll deal with my small minor marriage problem after I'm done living it up."

How does all this not warrant an explosive confrontation?

But he has no feelings whatsoever about any of this other than slight confusion. He doesn't feel betrayed, lied to, or hurt that he was kept out of the loop of so many secrets. On top of that, he finds out the other husband had a NORMAL reaction to this situation, and he speaks of this guy like he was some irrational jerk who overreacted.

This story's lack of natural human reaction to marriage was very offputting. I'm not speaking of the "morality" or the people involved. I'm just speaking of the laissez fair attitude that this family has to marriage. To them, their entire marriage is replaceable. This goes past having swinger sex. This is replacing your spouse. To them, as long as the house stays clean, the dick stays wet, and the bills get paid, all is good. It makes no never mind who is doing what.

The worst part of this story? The author gave no reason for this to even be an tradition. What are the benefits of this arrangement? What do the people get from it? If it's sex, why not just be swingers who meet up and do their thing? What is the purpose of replacing your spouse for the summer?

I don't like being harsh to authors, but this story left some really big holes.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Sneaky

bitch. What's she going to pull next and hell no I don't want to be part of a bat shit crazy extended family. Need a DNA test on whatever pops out of her twat in a few months and a good lawyer since I'm going for custody depending on the test results.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What trash and waste of time!

This story is so poor and ugly. It is waste of time reading all this garbage.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Just went

and looked at Severtwats story list. I suppose this is one of his more normal stories.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 6 years agoAuthor
Javmor

I respect your views on this story, though I don't share them. To me, Robert's response was largely relief that he wasn't stuck in monogamy as he resigned himself to be. He never really cared for that part of the typical marriage, just the rest of it. Other emotions that he might have felt, that more usual characters would feel are shoved aside in favor of discovering what was going on in his book. He is more interested in solving the mystery first.

I wouldn't call Jimmy's response normal, either, though, as a more sensible husband would have tried to convince Kelly not to do it if he didn't want her to, rather than go straight for the most drastic course of action. Jimmy has rage issues, though, so this could be a problem for Kelly in the future once he learns that she is Robert's summer wife now. Yes, I would call it an overreaction not to at least have given Kelly the chance to discontinue her plans, as she hadn't acted on them yet.

Is it a highly sensitive, highly emotional story? Not too much. Kelly expresses some emotion and he comforts her through it, feeling compassion for her, but he doesn't consider it a betrayal, though perhaps a bit of manipulation that he can (and does) forgive under the circumstances.

The reason for the tradition? That's something for another day, another chapter, not this one. In any case, Robert thinks a lot like Sandra, anyway, though he presumably wishes that she had told him upfront. That's also a discussion for another day.

Still, I understand your objections, Javmor, even if I don't exactly agree with them. Robert is just not the sort of character given to a lot of "raw emotion," as you put it. Is he a sociopath? I doubt it, given the empathy with Kelly. I would simply say that he is a more self-willed and self-controlled man, not one to let self-doubt and angst rule him. If he feels such things, he ruthlessly pushes past them and wills himself to do as he pleases. To borrow from Nietzsche, "bound heart, free spirit." He controls his heart, so as to liberate his spirit.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 6 years agoAuthor
And did you miss where she needed comforting.....

....after Jimmy kicked her out? That's a significant emotional response, I should think.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 6 years agoAuthor
Also, Javmor, how is this any harder to believe than the hubby....

.....from To Have And To Cuckold? I had some trouble suspending disbelief in that, and, no I didn't read it for titillation, but to find out what a guy who by his own admission can't relate to cuckolds would do with that theme. You had a lot of raw emotion in that story, but I seriously had trouble believing some of his behavior at times. But then I have the same trouble relating to those kinds of characters as you admittedly did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
re: Her manipulation

"Not telling him she actually was pregnant."

<P>

That's the really big problem with me. He has to learn he's going to be a father second hand. She couldn't be bothered to tell him herself. A lie of omission is still a lie.

<P>

She kept the baby from him. She kept the tradition from him. Why should he believe anything she tells him ever again?

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 6 years agoAuthor
Yes, she omitted things.

And they're going to have to have a real, serious discussion about honesty in the future. That being said, he forgave her and she admitted that she had been wrong in hiding things, even asked for forgiveness. Doesn't mean that they won't have to deal with the fallout when she gets back from the summer holiday. He'll probably have to confront the in-laws about keeping secrets from him, too.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
As to

Jimmy, I'm with him. If my wife says she wants to have sex with someone else, she might as well. Whether she does or doesn't, I'm gone.

javmor79javmor79over 6 years ago
@severusmax

I want to start off by saying that if I offended you, it wasn't my intent. So I apologize.

Now, your story.

The thing that threw me off was how he was completely blindsided, yet didn't seem to react. If you want to use my story as an example, I felt that my character did react. He got angry. He threw hissy fits. He even got another girlfriend and tried to break up. Is suspension of belief needed? Absolutely. Most if us wouldn't even find ourselves in that situation to begin with. But, I tried to make his reaction somewhat plausible. Even if he didn't go all He man on them, he still had emotional reactions. Or so I thought. I didn't sense that from your guy.

As for other stuff that I may have missed, maybe it just didn't stand out to me. Stories are up to the reader to interpret. Many don't find my stories believable. Harryinva thinks I'm the shittiest writer to ever grace LW. I was just giving an interpretation of what I thought. I wasn't tryng to attack your writing or anything like that. Those were just things that I didn't like. If what I said helps you, use it on your next stories. If I'm full of shit, toss it.

Thanks you for your submission.

tazz317tazz317over 6 years ago
AT THE BEST FOOT FORWARD

this is one Fucked-up family with their weird fetishes, TK U MLJ LV NV

luedonluedonover 6 years ago
Oh, come on, JustGr8

As an author you create your masterpiece and then it gets published. You think it's good and you hope it may have an effect on the reader. You may want them to like it, or you may be trying to provoke them, but some authors (me included) like to then engage them in the commentaries. SeverusMax is doing just that.

I'm surprised at how many readers are taking this story seriously. (Apart from the ever-thoughtful Javmor who often analyses stories better than the author can.)

I thought it was an entertaining fantasy requiring complete suspension of disbelief on the part of the reader. (Sorry, author, if you intended it otherwise.)

Lue

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 6 years agoAuthor
Luedon, you're right.

It's a bit abnormal. Some suspension of disbelief is required, because it's unlikely that most of us will end up in this position, just as Javmor noted about his tale. Which, to be fair, he did a good job of exploring the man's pain and his wife's trouble in fully grasping it until nearly too late. As for my story, I went for the extreme scenario, yes, quite deliberately. This is not something that would happen everyday, and yes, many guys would be shocked and disturbed by it. Robert is not most guys. That's kind of the point with him.

Can more emotion come out? Probably, and it's likely that at some point, Robert will insist on a bit more honesty going forward, no more traps, tricks, manipulations and such, both from his wife and from his in-laws. No doubt, he's going to want to know the backstory behind the unusual family custom of surrogate spouses. Like other strange or unorthodox family arrangements, it can be a bit jolting to many, and while it appeals to him in principle, he's bound to be curious as to its purpose and origin.

It's a fair critique, in any case, from an author who is drawn to more emotional responses from characters. I can see why it would matter to him, given that such appeals to him. And to be frank, most readers would feel more strongly about it. Robert is not an every man by any means. Many husbands don't still resent the monogamy side of their marriage three years into it, so there's that. For him, it's an escape clause from that one flaw in his marriage, namely the monogamy part, so he's a bit faster than others to grab with both hands.

But, yes, Luedon is correct that, while I intended to rile people up, my main effort is to share my fantasies and stories with my readers, hoping to draw the sort of readers who share my kinks, such as swinging, poly, incest, impregnation, and BDSM. I tend to assume the best of my efforts, but mine is only one perspective. I don't mind getting others' perspectives, but like many writers, I do tend to resent trolls, and sometimes also use my stories to fuck with their minds as a secondary purpose, in addition to exploring my fantasies through writing.

Impo_64Impo_64over 6 years ago
I agree with all that @javmor79 said...

I agree with all that @javmor79 said...the only normal person was the sister-in-law's husband that kicked her out...what she did? "Ohhhhhh, I'm going to get pregnant from my sister's husband and get my revenge from my stupid husband."...If as some say it's necessary some "suspension of disbelief", why is this story doing in LW? For sure there are other categories where "suspension of disbelief" is the name of the game...Of course this was written just to "rile people up" (as admited by the author), so "to rile up" the writer: A writer that loses his/her precious time writing something to "rile up" some readers just deserves 1*...

patilliepatillieover 6 years ago
Fanciful but struck me as dumb

Pure fantasy, and to be enjoyed in that spirit, but just seemed schmaltzy and syrupy sweet w/o substance.

luedonluedonover 6 years ago
And that, my dear Impo

Is why the scoring system is irrelevant for the Loving Wives category.

You say "A writer that loses his/her precious time writing something to "rile up" some readers just deserves 1*..."

Riling up readers is a worthy aim for an author. Many famous authors have done it. A Loving Wives story could be a literary masterpiece, but if it doesn't satisfy the moral stance of a large cohort of LW readers, it will be one bombed.

Now, Impo, do you reckon that Mr Max wrote a well-constructed and readable story?

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
No, it's barely literate

The plot is full of stupidity, it's totally unbelievable, the author barely writes English and those idiotic comments are nearly as long as the shitty story. The "always thoughtful Javmor?" The always cucky Javmor, and the always boring luedon.

Justgr8nailed this one. If MiniMax has to write all those comments to explain the story, it's a piss-poor writing job.

looking4itlooking4itover 6 years ago

"The lion doesn't concern itself with the opinions of sheep, anyway."

Yet the self proclaimed "lion" seems to need to post in the comments to respond to the sheep he wanted to rile up for the heck of it. Your comments make the same amount of sense that your story did.

Seems like the one who was most ruled was severusmax.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Further Thoughts

So, let me get this straight. Hubby and "summer wife" can make their own rules, and first wife has no say. So if summer wife agrees to include another woman in their bed, that's okay, even though first wife would never agree to it?

"To rile up the trolls" - Hey, it's one thing to not give a shit about trolls, I don't, though I minimize them by blocking anons, but to deliberately set out to rile them up?

looking4itlooking4itover 6 years ago

riled not ruled...but you already knew that

AxelottoAxelottoover 6 years ago
Do not Like

I agree with Javmor's well-explained list above with regards to lying, pregnancy, ambush fucking, family gambling every single time, and so on. And I found your responses to his critique to be unconvincing. You made me say the Eight Deadly Words, "I don't care what happens to these people" (and, if I'd had a hardcopy, I would have pitched it at the wall as well), because it Just Doesn't Work as a believable story on so many levels.

And honestly, even if I did like it, I'd be inclined downvote it for the stupid 'I'll put it in LW to fuck with them" foolishness. It ought to be in Incest, or Romance, or Group Sex, where it might be appreciated, not stuck in Loving Wives to fuck with the readers. That is stupid fucking meta bullshit interfering with the readers enjoyment just to be a dick. You say this yarn did well on other sites, what was it tagged there? Did you give it inappropriate tags to fuck with reviews there too?

Ducky7Ducky7over 6 years ago
Liked it and want to hear about the end of the summer

Could use some editing but it is a story on erotica not a college thesis

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 6 years agoAuthor
This from the Dishpan Hands guy.

That's rich. Not sure I believed your story much, either, Axelotto. Keller was a murderer and his wife was a real shrew, to put it mildly, among others. Look, how hard is it to believe that some guys don't have the same hangups about the stuff that seems to bug you so much. Temporary marriage is not that novel a concept, and this is just a variation on that matter. I went for the extreme, but compared to trying to abduct your husband and force him into a cock cage or burying your wife and her friends in the backyard, yeah, enough said. What was "loving" about Kyomi?

Look, the guy got manipulated a little, but she asked for forgiveness for that and he's prepared to give her that, though they're in for a serious discussion when she returns in the fall. Since the manipulation was motivated to get him to do what he wanted to do in the first place, he's not happy about the methods, but he's pleased with the results. He's just got to make it clear to her down the line that the ends don't justify the means and that they need to improve their honesty and communication with each other.

And, hey, Kelly's a free agent now, so, where's the harm?

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 6 years agoAuthor
And yes, sbrooks, that's true.

But it cuts both ways, because spousal rights have been temporarily transferred. Things are back to normal, at least whatever their normal is or they wish to be, when the regular wife returns. Same with wife with summer husband. Also, Sandra's hardly the sort that would object to threesomes in principle. She just wanted her three years to use up that new relationship energy first and let them both become more comfortable and secure with each other.

luedonluedonover 6 years ago
But "I'll put it in LW to fuck with them" is so much fun, Axelotto

And the LW commentariat is so easy to "fuck with".

On the other hand, as you say; ' the Eight Deadly Words, "I don't care what happens to these people" ' is death to any story.

But with this story, as the commentariat's response has shown, readers did care what happened to these people. They may not have agreed with it, but they cared enough to discuss the things that happened.

That makes it a worthy story for mine.

Lue

loveloverloveloverover 6 years ago
At first I thot this was contrived & silly

Then the more I got into it, the more I thot they were sweet and hot. I love sexually open couples and families like these, especially Sister in law Kelly. If she were real, I'd love her for a summer...

AxelottoAxelottoover 6 years ago
Fit the genre, though, didn't it?

And who said they were in the back yard? Lord knows I'd never put them where they could be found, I've seen way too many crime shows. I'd feed the remains to hogs or sharks or something else that would make them go away. entirely.. Thanks for reading it, anyway.

I think you had a bunch of ideas you've articulated much better AFTER the story that might have made it more believable if you'd put them into it. Because the characters and actions as written don't work without the extra fleshing out you put in your comments.

And I still think putting it in loving wives was a dick move, when it would have fit and done better elsewhere.

CrkcpprCrkcpprover 6 years ago
Didn't read , only commenting on comments

I think the term Troll in his case goes to the author . Is he one of the AH gang that likes to " poke the ferrets " then retire to that board where they all slap each other's backs ?

Or is it that they look at actual views a story gets , and that draws them to the LW flame like a senseless moth ? Hummmm.

Anyway , I read one of your stories on SOL and that was enough for me . To each their own , your style and subject matter simply isn't my cup of tea .

No score .

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Good for the gander?

What a clan of deceitful, controlling shits. She picks his wife but he can ONLY pick from her tribe of degenerates. No wonder Jimmy wasn't on board. It seems like her husband knew more than Kelly was telling. At least it was different, I'll give you that. Congrats for a uniquely unusual take on LW.

I wonder though, what's the plan for after Sandra has had her baby?

AxelottoAxelottoover 6 years ago
Your storiesonline tags don't say "Loving Wives" to me

This is what you tagged it there:

"Ma/Fa, Consensual, Romantic, BiSexual, Heterosexual, Incest, InLaws, Rough, Polygamy/Polyamory, Analingus, Cream Pie, Oral Sex, Pregnancy, Nudism"

Which really sounds like it ought to go elsewhere. But hey, you did it to fuck with the readers, you knew better. Weak.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 6 years agoAuthor
His choice is only limited from necessity.

And availability in the short term. Who else is aware of this, but this circle of friends and family? So that is the reasoning, and she only picked so unilaterally for him due to the mess in which Kelly found herself. Even then, he could have backed out and still know that he had gotten some strange. I think that Sandra would have accepted his decision, even if she tried to persuade him for the following year, and in that case, there's no guarantee that he wouldn't have ended up with Kelly on the side, crashing at their place as she was. That alone might have softened him up for the following year, knowing what a sweetheart his wife was about the whole thing.

As to the riling up business, it's just the trolls, not the general readership, that I meant to rile up, and, hey, it worked. They've risen to the bait, haven't they? Very predictable.

Impo_64Impo_64over 6 years ago
Sorry @luedon...

Sorry @luedon...If you think this is "a well-constructed and readable story" it's your right...For me it isn't readable, unless you define readable as reading half the 1st page and then jump to the end...If you said it's well written I would have agreed with you, but it has a very bad plot and worst characters...And you should know I vote mainly for the plot and characters...And I'll always think that writers must write for their pleasure and not just to "rile up" some readers...Have a nice weekend

asr3asr3over 6 years ago
Don't care what others think I enjoyed this very different story

Thought this was a good read hope to get more

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 6 years ago
Interesting Plot

I enjoyed the story. I think it was well written and has an interesting plot. No real drama and minimal tension but a fun, sexy read. Thanks,

imhaplessimhaplessover 6 years ago
Weird - really weird -- original

I like original, and weird is good too!

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerover 6 years ago
A FEW THOUGHTS!

Max, I’d say you struck a nerve here. Time after time I read comments complaining about the same old plots and how none of today’s writers have imagination. I think much of the problems with those comments lie with the commenters, not the authors.

Many seem to forget, or they never realized, that creative writing is a world unto its own. The writer is God in that world—nothing happens that he doesn’t make happen. There are no divorces, no HIV, no jealousy, no babies, no nothing in that world he created, if he doesn’t put it there. Now it’s also true he can create a world that some will not be able suspend belief long enough to enjoy, and that’s where constructive criticism comes in. Such criticism will help the writer to become better and is an important part of the process

Notice the key words, “CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.” The first five Anonymous comments as of this writing are not constructive in any way. Even ‘chytown’ who only wrote four words was constructive, in a way. At least you know he thought the story was boring. That’s something you can sink your teeth into.

Those who say you passed up a good opportunity at drama, are dead on. You could have spent pages as Hubby stews over the news his wife didn’t trust him enough to tell him herself—but you didn’t, and I repeat—it’s your story in a world you created. You played your part, now we play our part—and if some of us show what asses we are, I guess that’s the price of reading in LW.

Personally, I gave the story a three, it’s not awful, and it’s not great. IT WAS AN ENJOYABLE READ FOR OPEN MINDED READERS!

Enjoy the rest of your day. cd

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 6 years ago
Very original and.....,

Very original and struck me differently at varying parts of the story. One part I liked the next not so much. But the one thing consistent throughout was the originality.

Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
kinda crazy.....

.....even as fiction it's nuts...gotta say though you write pretty good and you sure as hell are original (not very entertaining though), but if all your stuff is going to be like this I'm not in any great hurry to see it

rfm

Desertrat10Desertrat10over 6 years ago
Saw this on SOL,

Written by Wanderer. So, are you both or ????

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
TRASH

Not worthy of comment. I see the usual morons thought it was great. Figures.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Yea, carolinadreamer

Congratulation. You show us daily what kind of ass you are.

sdc97230sdc97230over 6 years ago
So was Jimmy the first spouse who dumped this family?

Because he didn't just leave his wife because of something that was solely between the two of them. And what about the women who marry into the family? They've never misjudged anyone else?

Not getting buy in before marriage seems like a time bomb waiting to explode. Because in 48 out of 50 states, incest is a crime even if it's between consenting adults. All it would take is one angry Jimmy who decides to gather some evidence before he walks out the door.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 6 years agoAuthor
desertrat, I'm not familiar with Wanderer's story.

This is not his work. This is my own original, including the things that annoy people. Not sure which story you mean. The only one of his stories that I recall is "Do Bloody What?", which I liked a lot.

As for how often people dumped spouses, that's a matter yet to be determined. Likely, the ones in question were paid off in the past, not so much now that Lawrence vs. Texas puts even laws against incest into question and nobody prosecutes incest these days, anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
More idiotic isnt possible!!!

What a bunch of crap!!! If -5* were possible its that!!!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Thoughts

@sdc97230 - It did say that there have been both husbands AND wives who have refused the arrangement in the past. That there have been both divorces and broken engagements.

"It's a wonderful thing and has either strengthened good marriages and made them better, or else exposed and destroyed bad ones." - I call bullshit on this one! It may not destroy a good marriage, but I can't see any way it can make it stronger. MAYBE in cases like the protag who apparently only reluctantly agreed to monogamy in the first place, but normal spouses who expect monogamy. And to say that a marriage that can't take this family cult must have been a bad marriage is self-serving crap!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Correction to my comment

I HAVE to start proof-reading my comments! the next to the last sentence SHOULD have ended: "but NOT normal spouses who expect monogamy."

fisheronefisheroneover 6 years ago
Deceived

My biggest problem is the deceit the wife pulled. This couple had been married a couple years and didn't bring it up. Then tricks husband into impregnating her and sneaking sister in for sex, while going home to have sex with another family member. Where is the trust in this marriage? Two babies will be born out of deceit and one marriage desolved. It sounds like husband would have gladly gone along without the lies. The biggest part of marriage is trust!!! I am glad it worked out but was implemented very badly .

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 6 years agoAuthor
Again, the deception issues are ones that the protagonist will have to work out.

They'll have to talk it over and he'll have to make clear that he wants full honesty in the future. As to why they said that those marriages were bad, well, it's due to thinking that they were incompatible. Which is why this imperfect arrangement is going to need some changes, and Robert is probably going to have to make that point to them. The family is locked into tradition, but this has caused them, otherwise reasonable and analytical times, not to question the more dubious aspects of their tradition.

sdc97230sdc97230over 6 years ago
Pretty obvious what the members of that family would consider a "bad marriage"

It would, of course, be any marriage in which the family member's spouse refused to participate in this "family tradition" that he or she had not been told about and asked to agree to before the wedding.

I really don't see Robert making much of an effort to change the family tradition. His reaction to it was mainly relief that he wasn't going to have be monogamous after all, and all he had to say about the secrecy and manipulation was, "don't do it again." If there's any pressure on the family to make changes, I would expect it to come from one of those spouses who walked away. Public disclosure could be a disaster for the family if one of them is a politician, a member of the clergy, a celebrity, etc. Or, the result might just be a lot of jokes about trailer trash sleeping with their cousins.

Jimmy's divorce from his POV would probably be a logical next chapter, but a monogamous husband discovering he's married into an incestuous family and taking steps to get himself out of it has already been done more than once in LW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Started hot but got boring as it went along.

Sure was a good start to a nice kinky story, then everyone went to Disney World.

No drama. It turned into a textbook.

This topic was approached better in No Reply, and the follow up story.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
I have to

agree with Scorpio

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Sbrooks

Good to know anons can be blocked. Seems an obvious thing to do.

Yeah there are some LARGE parts needing belief suspension but I'm fine with that. Seems to me though the story reduces the reader rather than making the reader something better. I'd suggest the author seek help.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Would you

invite others to write different endings?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
Monogamy

Unless I misunderstood something, the protag had to be talked into monogamy ("despite a growing sense that I blundered into monogamy when I knew better" "She told me that repeatedly, got very jealous at times of other women, all that jazz. ... I mean, she convinced me to marry her, swear off other women, everything,") So, since he was fairly obviously open to other sex partners, why not broach the subject before marriage?

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 6 years agoAuthor
Schwanze, seriously?

1. I do NOT need to seek help, just because my worldview is different from yours and I personally don't agree with monogamy as a universal standard. It works for you and some others, but it doesn't work for me.

2. I don't see how my writing "reduces others," rather than "making them better," but that's immaterial, since it's entertainment. Entertainment doesn't necessary "reduce" people, but it doesn't have to "improve" them, either.

3. Were you asking ME if I would welcome others to write a new ending? Knock yourself out, then. I can't promise to enjoy or much like the outcome, though.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 6 years agoAuthor
sbrooks....

Sandra gave the reason, mostly that she wanted to milk the NRE "new relationship energy" phase of the marriage first and solidify the marriage. Was she right? No. It was stupid of her and very dishonest. But that's her insecurity and she had to move past that phase to fully embrace a more polyamorous lifestyle like her parents. Plus, it was the way that the family had done things. Does it need to be changed? Sure. That will be addressed more in future chapters. I've already explained this more than once, but so be it.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 6 years ago
@NRE and Chapters

I apologize for missing that, that still doesn't really explain making a big F'ing deal about NO other women, etc.

For those who didn't catch it in SEV's answer, there are more chapters to come. Ch 2 is up on the other site.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 6 years agoAuthor
sbrooks, you're right that it makes no objective sense.

I'm not saying that Sandra is right. In fact, it's going to be quite apparent to her, to Kelly, and to others soon, that she handled the business of how to treat Robert badly and only caught a lucky break in him choosing to forgive her.

And yes, Chapter 2 is up on storiesonline.net.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
luedon

Care about the characters? If they were real I'd offer them money to get sterilized. I couldn't even finish reading the story.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
And

yes, you need help sever. I've seen normal well adjusted swingers. You are not.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 6 years agoAuthor
First, I'm not a swinger. I'm poly.

And I need no help at all. I think that you might, though, given that you keep obsessing over this damn story that I wrote and wasting so much of your time on it. What would I need help for, because I wrote a story that you don't like? Get a grip! Don't be silly. Get over yourself. I'm no more mentally ill than the next person. I simply reject traditional, Victorian morality, which hasn't been around for more than two centuries, anyway, and only in English-speaking countries at that. I have a sense of perspective and I understand that Nietzsche was fundamentally right about morals, that there is no exact science of them, nor a universal morality, but a typology of morals, ranging from the various Christian slave morals to those of the Norse and others. In fact, when one accepts that Nietzsche got this part right, one is generally much healthier for it.

javmor79javmor79over 6 years ago
@severusmax

After reading your comment about being poly, I went back and re-read this story. I can actually understand it better from that perspective. When I commented before, I was looking at it with a monogamous mindset. To me, there is only one wife. But to someone who has a poly view point, loving one person doesn't diminish the love that you can possibly have for another. So having more than one wife, or a summer wife, isn't replacing the previous wife. It's simply having another wife.

I get why someone with your viewpoint can see this. I have to admit, I don't see the poly the lifestyle as something that can work long term. I get swingers. For them, sex is sex. It can be between two loving people, or just something fun that can be shared with others. But the poly viewpoint isn't something that I can see. It's sharing your heart.

That's neither here nor there. I didn't comment to get into a debate about this lifestyle vs that lifestyle. I just wrote to say that, given your view of relationships, I can see this story through your eyes.

I do think you would have done better to give the husband a better transition from monogamy to poly. He'd been living monogamous for 3 years, and suddenly he finds out his wife wants to be poly. On top of that, the news was given to him in the worst way possible. But that's just my perspective.

I hope you continue. I'd like to see where it goes.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 6 years agoAuthor
javmor

I appreciate you re-reading and giving your honest feedback, both on the story and on the lifestyle. I get that not everyone can quite grasp polyamory or place themselves in that boat. Society is especially given to reinforcing the monogamous perspective on things. That is the prevailing social dynamic, morally and maritally. It comes with mother's milk, as some would say.

I also appreciate you showing interest in my story, which is flattering, and I hope that you don't take my remarks on your tale as intentionally vicious. You made an honest attempt at empathizing with a character whose motives and views you didn't share, while retaining enough of yourself to make the conflict very sharp and the angst, the pain very believable. While not my favorite theme, and probably not yours from the sound of it, you took it on as a challenge and did well with it. Just for the record.

prop69prop69over 6 years ago
Awesome..Fantastic...Exciting idea

Love the story. A very interesting summer program.

Jimmy is a FRICKING DUMBASS

What a delicious way to spend a summer fucking 2 beautiful women.

Having a young beauty looking for more sexy women to keep your summer exciting.

Does he get to fuck his wife any during the summer?

Steve is fucking a pregnant woman. That is a little different for a virgin.

I do not think I would want my pregnant wife fucking other guys, but that is the game.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
I feel

like puking and then showering. Poly, swing whatever. I'm sure some of them are just fine. You are not.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 6 years agoAuthor
You're entitled to your opinion, but frankly....

I think that you're projecting. Just my take. We'll have to agree to disagree as to who has the issues.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 6 years agoAuthor
Simply disagreeing doesn't make an....

....overreaction or mean that I'm thin-skinned. I have my views and if I was really unprepared for comments, I would not have posted in this category and allowed public comments. Not that you would give credit for that, but who gives a fuck about facts or details? Nor was I "talking down" to anyone. Firmness is not meanness and standing up for myself is not putting others down. If you think that an author should just sit in a corner and let others beat him up, that's your problem. Nor do I accept the "cuck" label, and those like my stories are not some mindless cult. They have equal right to express their views and voted their preferred score. I took a risk by posting this story here and I stand by my work. Good day, sir.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Put a sock in it

You wrote a story, ran spell check, and posted it. Go buy yourself a box of cookies.

SamWarrensSamWarrensover 6 years ago
Loved the story and the concept

I thought this story was great. A very liberated family. Wish I had family and relatives like this. I'm looking forward to more chapters in this story.

You should post this on ourhotwives.org - no haters for cuck stories there.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Sam

I'm sure you are right. What's your wife's cell number?

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 6 years agoAuthor
It's funny, I don't really consider myself

a "cuckold" writer. I've written enough BTB stuff in the past (Bubba's Bitches, Paying The Piper, Hank & The Neighbors, and Draining Daddy) to demonstrate that. However, I do write about poly/open stuff, and I have no double standards, so I allow the women to play as much as the men and vice versa. That being said, I appreciate the comment, Sam. That was very kind of you.

As for Schwanze, hey, he's just being a schmuck. It's clear that if the story isn't about traditional monogamy, he thinks that the guy is a cuck and the girl is a slut. There are no nuances to guys like that. He's just another troll. I don't sweat him.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Now

you are just grasping at straws. If you read my comments you will see I think poly and swinger people can be well adjusted honest people. Your characters are not and given your responses on here, neither are you. Bitch sandbagged him and thus lied by omission. Adios bitch.

As to Sam, these people who preach letting the wife sleep around never offer to share their own wife.

SEVERUSMAXSEVERUSMAXover 6 years agoAuthor
Yes, she lied by omission.

But people do that at times. He just chooses to deal with it in his own way, rather than by leaving. If that's not well-adjusted in your view, that's your issue, but everyone has their own way of dealing with crap people do to them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
@ schwanze1

Please shut the fuck up. Can you stop judging people for 5 minutes and just read the story? Who cares what you think? You even judged a guy who said nothing wrong to anybody. Sam just said what he liked, and you got all preachy because it wasn't what you thought he should want. Fuck off douche bag! Go hand out your "Good News" pamphlets on another street corner.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
LOL

Says the anon poster. Or should I call you severtwat?

Sailman66Sailman66over 6 years ago
Great concept

Found this a great concept as I haven't come across this theme yet with other stories I have read in my short time here. It's a well written piece of fiction which clearly others who have commented have not gotten the grasp of expecting something that reflects true life. My only criticism is that on page 2 there was a section that could have done with another set of eyes proof reading it due to the mistakes of wrong words (most likely from spell check) or misplaced words. I enjoy your writing style and stories and even though this had some mistakes I gave it a five as it's rare to find a story on here without any mistakes.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous