My Sweet Little Angel Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'He used to taunt me, tell me every single day that I wasn't good enough for him. That I was one stupid girl with whom he was stuck with for the rest of his life. One day, I thought enough was enough and tried to get away. But ... but he found me and whipped me till the crop gave way. He locked me up in a room. I was hungry and thirsty for days together. After a couple of days, he brought me out and offered me food and water. As soon as I ate, he asked me to pack my bags and leave. When I asked him why, he threw me out and asked me to get the hell away. I didn't have anyone, except Lisa. So, I drove all the way to Boston and reached their house and ...,' she couldn't speak further as the sobs racked through her body.

'God! Why didn't you complain or file a police report, Fi? I never thought you were such a coward.'

'Do you think that he would have allowed me to get out? I was within his sight and reach every single second. He used to lock the house and go whenever he left. I was nothing but a slave for him. Now, when I look back all I can say is that it was my fault. I was such a moron ...'

'Don't say that, Fiona. He was a psycho and it was his fault, not yours. You are still the same old Fiona because you are now here, leading your life without his help and that's all that should matter to you,' said Nick as he stroked her back, his tone soothing and understanding.

'The best part is he agreed for the divorce without much of a farce,' she said on a snort. 'Now that you know everything, are you happy?' she asked as she looked at him with a tear-stained face.

'I am not happy, Fi. I never will be. Knowing that bastard did all this to you ... It makes my blood boil. I am so sorry, baby,' whispered Nick as he held her close and allowed her to cry her heart out. 'Cry and get it out of your system, Fi. I am gonna be here all night,' he said, running his fingers across her arms and dropping soft kisses over her forehead.

'Where were you, Nick? I needed you so damn much. Why did you leave me alone? Why?' she asked, wrapping her arms around his neck and holding him close. 'I still need you ...'whispered Fiona, as she dropped a kiss on his cheek.

'I won't leave you anymore, baby. I promise,' said Nick, pulling her close and hugging her fragile body.

'Stay with me. Don't let me sleep alone,' murmured Fiona as she leaned on Nick's shoulder and gripped his shirt with all her might.

'Come on Fi, let me put you to bed,' he said and carried her into the other room, which he guessed was her bedroom and placed her on the bed. Her fingers still gripped his shirt. He gently loosened his fingers and tried to move away when she held onto his hand and mumbled, 'you promised, Nick.'

Seeing that he had no other go, Nick climbed into the bed and slept beside her. After a few seconds, Fiona turned towards him and wrapped her arms around his waist, holding him close. She looked tiny and vulnerable in her sleep. It pained him as he remembered her horrid past. How could any guy hate such a wonderful girl? He stroked her face and kissed the scar on her forehead. It was a good thing that Robert was no longer in Fiona's life because Nick wouldn't have allowed that SOB to live. From now on, he would make sure that Fi realized what an amazing woman she was. It hurt him to see her broken and sad. If only he had taken a chance... If only he had told her how he felt about her ...

***

Fiona woke up to the wonderful sensation of being held. She snuggled closer into the warm body lying beside her. She tried to open her eyes but the bright glare of sunrays forced her to close them shut. Warm lips brushed against her forehead. Calloused fingers tucked the wild strands of her hair behind her ear. And then she remembered what had happened last night ... Nick had walked her home, they had their coffee and she had spilled her entire story and the last few sentences which she had told him ... What was he thinking about her? Remorseful at her immature behavior, Fiona tried to move away from his grip when Nick pulled her close and mumbled a protest.

She tried to again pull away forcing Nick to open his eyes and roll on top of her, trapping her down on the mattress. He could tell that she was scared and wanted to get away from him. But he wouldn't let that happen, not without knowing what was going through her mind.

'Good morning, baby,' he whispered and bushed his lips against hers.

Taken aback by the sudden kiss, Fiona tried to pull back but Nick had held her down, not giving her any freedom to move.

'Manners say you should wish me back, Fi,' Nick chuckled and looked into her green eyes.

'Good morning,' she said with a smile tugging at her lips.

'Mmm ... that's better,' he said and nuzzled her neck, pressing a kiss to her erratically beating pulse. 'Would the Princess like to have breakfast?'

'I am not a Princess, Nicholas,' muttered Fiona not wanting to let her emotions override her thoughts.

Having Nick so close... his mouth doing wonderful things to her, the way he looked at her, his weight pressing down on her body, she wanted him more than anything else. But she knew that Nick wouldn't appreciate her actions and she didn't want to embarrass herself more that she already had.

'Fi baby, you can be my princess,' said Nick as he cupped her face and looked at her, fondly. 'Stop thinking about what happened, Fiona. Let's have a new beginning.'

'But Nick ...'

'No buts, sweetie. I want you to be happy, Fi. Let me make you happy,' said Nick as he dropped his forehead, touching hers.

'Okay,' whispered Fiona in a low tone and wrapped her hands about her and gave him a hug.

'Now, come on. I am hungry and let's cook something,' he said as he got up and walked into the attached bathroom.

She got up and walked into the kitchen. Switching on the coffeemaker, she searched the cabinets and fridge for something to cook, when she felt Nick's presence behind her.

'Go and freshen up, honey,' he said as he retrieved two cups from the cupboard. 'I shall dish something out.'

Fiona gave a nod and walked towards her bedroom. Nick looked at the retreating figure of her and smiled. Grinning like a fool, he went through her groceries, collecting the ingredients for their breakfast.

***

The smell of cheese and coffee wafted into the hallway as Fiona came out of her bedroom. She looked at the steaming cups of coffee and the plate of grilled sandwiches on the table. Nick was sitting in one of the chairs reading the newspaper. As soon as she reached the table, he folded the newspaper and extended his hand. Fiona placed her hand in his and tugged her down to the chair besides his.

Wearing a faded T-shirt and jeans, Fiona still looked pretty. Her hair was wet indicating that she had just taken a shower. Her face was devoid of any make-up and her eyes looked a little lively compared to last evening. Considering that as an achievement, Nick pushed a plate towards her.

'You gotta eat, Fi,' he said as he looked at her. 'You have thinned out a lot.'

'I am fine, Nick,' said Fiona as she took a bite of the sandwich. It tasted heavenly but she already knew that Nick was an excellent cook.

'Like it?' he asked, looking at her curiously as he sipped his coffee.

'It's delicious,' she replied as she completed the first sandwich. 'And that's because you are an excellent cook.'

'Thank you, mademoiselle,' said Nick as he bowed down his head. 'Now, tell me about your plan for today,' he asked, taking her hand into his.

'Nothing special,' she said, sipping her coffee. 'It's a Sunday. So, I don't have to go to work. What about you?'

'I was thinking of spending the day with you, doll,' he said, pressing a kiss to her palm. 'I mean, if you are interested,' he added.

'Are you serious?' she asked.

Nick nodded in reply and she felt her heart pound. Spending the night with him had been a mistake but spending an entire day ...

'Don't think so much, Fi. I won't hurt you,' he said. 'You know that, don't you?'

She knew but he could hurt her ... hurt her more than anybody else could. She knew what she had felt for him, three years ago, was still there and it was much stronger this time. She sighed and dropped her head down. What would happen today? Could she control her feelings? And before she could stop, the words left her mouth.

'Why are you doing this, Nicholas?' she asked raising her head and her voice devoid of any emotion.

'I made a mistake three years ago, baby. And I am not going to repeat the same. I know what you felt for me. I was a coward to let you go that day. But now that I am here, I am not letting you go. Whatever we have between us is something really special and I am not letting you go without knowing what it is.'

Fiona was a little taken aback by Nicholas's answer. She hadn't expected him to want her and hadn't thought that he would want to spend more than a few minutes with her.

'Nick, do you ... Don't you think that you deserve someone better than me? I am all broken – on the inside as well as the outside. Why me?'

'Because there isn't a single girl out there who makes my heart beat like you do. I don't wanna argue with you, Fi. Say yes and let's see how the day rolls by,' said Nick as he cupped her face in his hands.

'Okay ... But don't tell me that I didn't give you a fair chance to back out,' said Fiona as she wrenched her face away from his hold.

'I am not going to back out, sweetie,' whispered Nick, dropping a kiss on her forehead.

'What's with all the endearments?'

'You don't like them?' he asked and made a puppy face. 'And here I thought that they suited you.'

'It's not that I don't like them,' she said before adding, 'It's just that they don't suit me.'

'Says who, huh?' he asked. 'They suit you more than anybody else, Fiona.'

Fiona gave him a smile which made him jump with joy. He got up and brushed his fingers against her jaw, relishing the feel of her soft skin.

'I have to head home and change into something comfortable. I will be back, say, in about half-an-hour,' he said, checking his watch. 'Will you be ok?' he asked, his voice concerned.

'I will be fine, Nick. By the way, what should I be wearing?' she asked, running her gaze over her clothes.

'You are free to wear anything in which you are comfortable,' he said. 'By the way, don't I get a goodbye kiss?'

'No, you don't,' she said and looked away, trying to stifle her smile.

She heard him curse and the next minute, Nick had her in his arms and his mouth an inch away from hers. She looped her arms around his neck and looked at his mouth. His hands stroked her back and his mouth touched hers briefly. She parted her lips under his pressure and his tongue entered hers, meeting hers and tasting her. He nibbled at her lower lip, making it swell. Her hands reached his hair and pulled at it, making him press closer into her. He didn't want the kiss to end but he knew that he had to let her go. He pulled back slightly and brushed his lips against the corners of her mouth.

Fiona looked dazed and a little out of place. She lowered her arms and wrapped them around his waist, holding him close.

'Wanna come home with me, Fi?' he asked, tipping her chin up, his voice a whisper.

'No,' she said and stepped back. 'I need to get ready. I will see you in 30 minutes.'

'That's right,' he said as he gave her a small squeeze and walk towards the front door. Giving her a small wave, he opened the door and walked out before closing the door shut.

Fiona ran a finger over her swollen lips. It had been ages since someone had kissed her in such a way. Her body tingled as she remembered how wonderful his lips had felt. Shaking herself out of the reverie, she cleared the plates from the table and walked into the bedroom. She had to get ready and she wanted to look pretty for Nick ...

***

'How come you are still single, Nick?' asked Fiona and glanced at the girl across the table staring at him. 'I bet it isn't due to lack of offers,' she said with a smile and pointed her finger on the table towards the girl.

Nick gave the girl a casual glance and looked back at Fiona. 'I wasn't interested,' he said, hoping that Fiona would take the hint and let it go.

They were in a restaurant not far away from her home. He had taken her to a movie in the morning, followed by a lunch and then they had spent the evening in a quiet park, catching up with all that had happened during tha past years. Fiona didn't want to leave the park. She wanted to spend some more time listening to him speak; lose herself in his husky voice and dark eyes. She had hardly listened to what he was saying during the last half-an-hour in the park. She snuggled into him and laid her head on his shoulder, just absorbing the feeling of being with him. Nick had to pull her to her feet and drag her out of the park. And now here they were, in a cozy little place having their pizzas.

Nick looked a little distressed and Fiona knew that it was due to the question that she had asked. She was reluctant to ask but it was only fair that she knew his past. Now that he knew hers.

'You can talk to me, Nick. What happened?' she asked, squeezing his hand.

'Nothing melodramatic, sweetie,' said Nick as he gave her a smile. 'Don't think that some girl ditched me and I still harbor feelings for her. It's just that things didn't work out for us and I haven't tried to get into a relationship since then.'

'Interesting,' she said as she took a bite of her pizza. 'How many years were you together?'

'Two years, I guess,' said Nick, sipping his beer. 'And I was really happy when we broke-up.'

'Was she that bad?' she asked with a snort that made Nick smile.

'She wasn't bad but ...'

'But?' prompted Fiona wondering what could have gone wrong.

'She just wasn't the kind of girl whom I could get married to.'

'What's your kind of girl, Mr. Nicholas?' she asked, unable to hide her inquisitiveness.

'Someone who is smart, clever, intelligent, cute, sensible, kind, beautiful, who loves me as much as I love her, who is happy being with me, someone ... someone like you.'

Fiona choked on the gulp of water that she had just taken. She spewed the water down, coughing and struggling to breathe. Nick immediately went to her side and helped her recover. He stroked her back and gave her another glass of water.

'Okay, Fiona?' he asked, after going back to his seat.

She nodded and thought about what he had said. Someone like her? What was wrong with him?

'I know that you find it hard to believe, but I always have been in awe of you, Fi. The sweet little girl who fell in love with me but never told me.'

'Nick ... I don't ...' Fiona tried to reason out but Nick silenced her with his finger.

'Shh ... Don't deny the fact that you don't love me. You can lie to yourself but I won't let you lie to me,' said Nick gently as he took her hand into his. 'I am not saying anything nor am I promising anything. Let's give it a try, Fi. I won't hurt you, not in a way your ex did. Trust me and say yes. Tell me that you want to be with me.' He pressed a kiss to her knuckles and gazed at her fondly.

'I don't know what to say, Nick,' she admitted. 'I don't want to change things between us.'

'What things, Fi?' asked Nick. 'We just met yesterday. It's not like we are best friends or something.'

'Okay,' she said and flashed him a smile.

'If you are done with the food, can we head back to your home?' asked Nick.

Fiona nodded and Nick called for the check. Paying for their food, Nick made way for the exit with Fiona tucked onto his side. It was short walk to Fiona's apartment. As soon as they were inside, he pushed her to the nearest wall and devoured her lips for a deep, eating kiss.

The kiss went on and on and on. By the time he pulled back, her knees had turned into jelly. She clutched onto Nick's shoulders trying to find her footing. Sensing her problem, Nick hauled her into her arms and carried her into her bedroom.

Once inside, Nick placed her near the bed and stood back, letting his gaze run over her.

'Baby, do you want me to undress you or will you ...' He let the question hang in the question. But somehow Fiona's brow furrowed on listening to his question. She wrapped her arms around herself and shook her head.

'Hey, what's wrong?' he asked making her sit on the bed.

Fiona didn't want to get naked. The clothes covered the scars on her body. Now, he insisted on removing them. What if he started hating her after looking at her damaged flesh?

'Baby, tell me,' coaxed Nick as he took her cold hands into his. 'Oh God! I don't want to sleep with you. Sorry, I want to sleep with you but not in that way, Fi. Let me hold you close, feel your heart beat against mine.'

'Then I won't undress,' said Fiona firmly, not wanting to admit her fears. She wouldn't be able to bear the look in Nick's eyes if he saw her bare flesh. She flinched as Nick raised his hand. Oh no! She hadn't agreed to his command. But his hand never struck her body. He only ran his hand through his hair and finally, it landed against her skirt.

'Dammit Fi, I am not going to hit you. I am never ever gonna do that. Come here,' he said and pulled her into a hug. 'What are you worried about, sweetheart? Tell me and I will help you.'

Could she tell him? What would he think? Would he leave her and go away? If the scars really bothered him, then he would leave tomorrow, if not today. Better to get it out of the way, she thought and without answering his question, she walked into the bathroom.

***

Nick stood at the bedroom window overlooking the street below. It had been a very good day. They had fun. He had made sure that Fiona was happy and the result was spectacular. But the last few minutes weren't satisfactory. The way Fiona had flinched when his hand raised indicated how much she feared her ex. He knew that he had a lot to work, starting with gaining her trust. He was lost in his thoughts and unbuttoning his shirt when he heard the bathroom door open. He shrugged off his shirt and turned around only to find Fiona wrapped up in what looked like a towel.

'Although it looks sexy on you, do you think you will be comfortable sleeping in that, Fi?' he asked, as he walked towards her.

Not answering his question, Fiona pulled back the covers and climbed into the bed. Once she settled down, she pulled up the covers till her chin and threw the towel on a nearby chair. She looked at him and asked, 'Will you hold me, Nick?'

Nick nodded and climbed in. Pulling the covers over himself, he turned towards her so that he faced her. She moved herself closer and wrapped her arms around his waist, her breasts pressing into his chest. He pulled her close and dropped a kiss on her forehead.

'Let go of everything, babe and sleep. I have got you,' he murmured against her ear.

He felt her sigh and curl into the warmth of her body. He stroked her spine lulling her into sleep.

***

Nick woke up to the delicious sensation of a soft body draped over him. He stroked the soft bottom, feeling the body whimper and kiss on his shoulder.

'Good morning, Nick,' her voice floated into his dreams.

'Mmm ... Good morning, baby,' whispered Nick drowsy with sleep. He wrapped his arms around her body and inhaled the sweet scent of her.

He pried open his eyes and glanced at a clock on the nightstand. It read 06:15 A. M. Plenty of time left before he had to go to work. He felt Fiona stir in his arms. He rolled her onto her back and looked into her green eyes. She flashed him a smile and shoved at his chest.

'I need to get ready, Nick,' she said hoping that he would let her go. But only flashed one of his grins and kissed a path from her neck to her ear, biting the outer lobe of her ear lightly.