All Comments on 'My Tourniquet'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 77 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Interesting

Curious if this will evolve in your future Halloween stories, quite fun though and thank you for sharing.

Sid0604Sid0604over 10 years ago
Thank you

I enjoyed reading your story.

Thank you

LaroneLaroneover 10 years ago
Way to resist the urge

Leather clad combat nuns and no sexcapades. nice. Think you broke 7 of the 10 commandment of the porn industry with that one. oh wait, the prior nun on the team was knocked up so maybe that counts a bit.

Fun read. Strange how everyone nitpicks (myself included) about how unrealistic parts of a story are, and yet... your halloweenish ones are some of my favorites on this site.

JounarJounarover 10 years ago
5* story once again

How the hell do you knock out such great tales every week. Great little tale and was awesome seeing the nun's return.

hopelessly_otakuhopelessly_otakuover 10 years ago
you crack me up

" I moved faster than any time in my life, or un-deadness.". That was one very witty line

But seriously, no mention of mustangs till page 3, I had begun to worry :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I knew it was a 5-star story...

... before as soon as I saw the authors name. After reading it, I'm happy to say that my suspicions were confirmed.

dinkymacdinkymacover 10 years ago
Great story - again!!!

Thanks for sharing.

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 10 years ago
interesting twist on the psycho first wife

Sad story. Well written and interesting as usual. Hope the Stangmeister gets inspired for another installment - these characters are interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
board

didn't make all the first page board to death

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
it's bored you idiot

It's bored you idiot

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
It cant end this way

Needs some more to tie it up, 5 stars

Bill1104Bill1104over 10 years ago
Couldn't get into it

I stopped reading after the first page and left wondering why the story was here in the LW category. Maybe SS explains later on - I'll never know. I didn't give it a rating because I didn't want to drag it down just because the story line was not to my liking. I'm sure that just like everything else this author does, it's well written.

Bill1104

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A Good Story ...

A good read! Could see a few similarities from other sources but not enough to ruin the story. From the ending, I'm looking forward to a serialization ... I hope?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Very different

A little contrived but still good, it needs a follow up to deal with the shadowy figure and his cane, I gave it 5* because I liked it a lot. A great Halloween story.

Mukden

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Took a little too long....

To get to why someone would put this in the LW category.

Interesting whole "Interview with a Vampire" feel to it with a twist.

Love story none the less; I give it 4*.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007over 10 years ago
I like it!

I love when mustang man writes a halloweeny story. I hope this one keeps going. 5 stars

theanalisttheanalistover 10 years ago
definitely series material

definitely 5* but the story moved a bit too fast. And the revenge a bit soft. The best revenge is a life lived well. She should have seen him falling in love and lamented. Not the calm acceptance.

TelleophoneTelleophoneover 10 years ago
Very Nice

Nkt really my cup of tea story wise but, it has shades of Piers Anthony's Incarnations of Immortality..

Minor spelling errors that an editor should have caught..

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Sick of the bullshit

Give me a break with the "I fucked around on you, but it was just sex, I only love you, you are my soul mate" Shit! I have met a bunch of cheaters in my life. None of them were and deeper or cleaner than a New York City gutter. They don't "love" anyone but themselves. Love is the act of caring about another person. Lying to them, breaking your vows with them, exposing them to possible disease is not an act of caring. It is the act of wanton selfishness. Ever met a cheater yourself? Ever met one that had any depth? Shallow and self-absorb describes a cheater. They may be intelligent, but lack the honor and compassion. Or the may be stupid, and like a dumb animal simply give into their base instincts. They are never "loving" They are never good spouses. They are not trustworthy as a spouse, a partner, a friend or even as a coworker. They are simply shit. So, do me a favor, and get out there and meet some of this scum, do some research. 1* for being jerked.

HatsudaHatsudaover 10 years ago
Cool Beans!

This was a very entertaining switch in your usual fine submissions. Write on!

H -

kalharrikalharriover 10 years ago
hmmm.....

interesting characters. I have enjoyed them in the previous stories very much. I enjoy the way you build on previous characters without taking away from them. you have a very nice foundation going and the bricks are worth returning to. please continue and at some future date build some more here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
4*s

Wow ! Much better than the last two stories. Why did you have to wait til October to write this well??

Characters pulled us into the story. Great combo of X-files and Xena with a 1980's,F.F.C. Dracula.lol

One question. Is Star City story coming this month ??

AMerryMan

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good story

Good story, looking forward to additional stories with the same characters. Only problem I found is that 85 Mustang GT's had the carbs. 86 GT's were the first year to have the fuel injection. I'm sure the author knows this and it must have been a simple typo. Still a good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
You're not ...

.. really going to end this here, are you?? :) Great read, thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
lost me on page 1

not my cup o tea

OverstarOverstarover 10 years ago
Nice

Thanks for sharing, Stang. I'm looking forward to the continuation. Looks like you've got at least one more story on the nuns in there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Another One

Hey, up your Ass Stang. Another one of your fucked up stories. Get a job ass wipe.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 10 years ago
Fear & Pity a Stang Story as You Would a Vampire

Because to fans, the Stang stories shall never grow old . To the critics, he will never grow up. As for me ? Credit is accorded, where credit is due. I enjoyed vintage weaponry, stories set in Big Easy and fast, smart, strong, lethal if need be women as main characters. Full marks.

drmrbludrmrbluover 10 years ago
It's worth my time

When first starting to read this one, part of me was arguing with the other parts: to read or not to read. I finished the whole thing and can see there is room for more to come. There is still some sort of master planner hanging around the nexus of things there in New Orleans. It wouldn't have been one of your stories without that ever present pony car. If transport gets me from a to b, that is usually enough for me. Thanks again for allowing us to share.

bruce22bruce22over 10 years ago
Nicely put together

You left a big one or maybe two hanging around at the tale. Loved the dialogue and the weird sisters.

DepopuloDepopuloover 10 years ago

Commented last week hoping you'd bring back some of my favorite characters of yours in the Sisters of Fate, and here they are the next week.

For that alone 5/5.. if the story had sucked still 5/5... tbh the story was alright, a little force, a nice allude to a future story, probably next Halloween.. though if you were to tell another tale of these ladies with whoever the big bad you featured is (some version of Dracula or since we're going with the religious sof thing here.... will it turn out to be Judas?) in it you know this month I wont complain.

keep em commin we'll keep reading. Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
too bad...

Not much chance of the bored gum chewing server to appear in this setting

gt_readergt_readerover 10 years ago
Another great story

Another great story by a talented author. I love that you have written enough stories that now you can write new stories and have some of your previous characters as supporting characters.

Was that other reader really deducting two stars for it being in the wrong category (in his mind)?

A mistake or two slipped by your editor but still a very enjoyable read.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 10 years ago
Same quibble as True Blood

Not personally interested, either temperature, but it would seem that cold pecker is far inferior to hot pecker. Maybe Lynn or Angiesophique would elaborate on that?

Otherwise, a very interesting, cross-category tale. Just enough 'devastated Hubby' to justify LW (although I would give StangMan as much leeway as he wants!)

5*

tavernkeepertavernkeeperover 10 years ago
More!

I really hope that you continue this story. This first bit was extremely enjoyable but was so much like the first course of a truly delightful meal. I for one wish to continue on to many more courses.

Thank you

hoosier76hoosier76over 10 years ago
Different

Would really like for you to follow up on this tale.

SylverarowSylverarowover 10 years ago
Not adding up.

I read the comments before me and was wondering why no one has noticed that the vampire that killed Theresa, and the one that Mason killed, are not alike. The one that killed Theresa could actually form a thought and explained to Theresa she was plain and would not make a good vampire. the one mason killed basically grunted a one word offer. Now the one that was in shadows, he seemed the type to have killed Theresa. It seemed he had something rattling around in his head other than "Mongo hungry." he also seems the type to offer one of his children to the sister as a diversion. So Stang, I loved the story like most of yours and hope that the next few weeks has a follow-up that wraps up the Piety and Mason thing, cause honestly this is the first time I have seen one of your stories where the hero did not ride off into the sunset with his new love, and takes care of the reckoning the older vampire was talking about.

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
You failed to capture the laissez-faire attitude of New Orleans

If you've never spent time in and around New Orleans, you're forgiven. But if you've spent time there - shame on you. I know it's hard to capture the essence of a place, but you failed in your attempt to portray the climate and the "laissez les bon temps roulez" attitude of the people. Spend some time in Saint Louis Cemetery #1 and try again. And the mixed up vampires was just confusing. Not one of your enjoyable stories.

StangStar06StangStar06over 10 years agoAuthor
Hi guys!

First off, for those of you who are confused, there are Two vampires. The first one is of course the guy with the walking stick who killed Theresa. He has the ability to speak and to plan and as has been pointed out here already. He was the vamp who made both the beastly vamp at the end of the story and the one from last year's original sisters of fate story. It's not one guy acting differently it's two vamps and yes he was watching them kill his progeny and he does plan revenge. Yep I've been to New Orleans unfortunately it was as part of a group of engineers who went to help after Katrina, so I didn't really get a chance to feel that "Let the good times roll" spirit. Hopefully the next time I get there I'll take AlleyKat and we'll do some good times ourselves.

oldcdawgoldcdawgover 10 years ago
Best story in a while

Loved this story. It has everything that we love from your writing and some new things too. Please don't stop here, there are so many possibilities for this to continue. Thanks for the great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Deja vu ?

Have these killer nuns featured before?

Good job though - You wield a mighty fine pen!

SeanMc

user110user110over 10 years ago

this isnt a loving wives story

stout1759stout1759over 10 years ago
Continuation

Read Sisters of Fate by StangStar06.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
More Please

Like the main characters, more stories featuring them please, both individually and collectively. Perhaps through flashbacks.

DunaDunaover 10 years ago
Yes LW story

LW story ála SS06........Mustang, cheating wife and other. Good tale of love, hate and forgivinness. Naturaly 5*****.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 10 years ago
utter crap

waste of time

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I liked it

I can over look spelling errors, since I know that computers (our evil overlords?) DO NOT know subtle context. FUN story! I like the Sisters of Fate stories, oh, hell, I like just about ALL of stories! But I see that the true love is the Mustang, and the boy who loves it. . Keep writing,

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I wonder...

Does Harry in VA ever give positive comments, or does he only read stories he knows he will hate? Anyone else wonder about that?

krosis666krosis666over 10 years ago
Liked it

The world needs more smoking hot, leather-clad nuns!

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Loved it...

Over time, you have built up an arsenal of characters that you can use and reuse in your tales. Thanks for sharing your stories with us and keep them coming our way. Some are hit or miss...this one is a hit. I would love to be one of your editors, but unfortunately, I am not able to commit the time, so I will continue to remain an annony mouse...

TavadelphinTavadelphinabout 10 years ago
Wow - so I read out of order again

But I tend to get caught up alphabetically - it is easier -

So I knew how the both died and now I know how the found each other - you got one hell pf an imagination my friend

A really good story - and you keep letting characters resurface in your future stories I really enjoy that too - thank you - better than any epilogue or quick ending.

saratusaratuabout 10 years ago
I liked,,,,

fur a lot better.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
One Thing I Don't Understand

I realize that Stang's wives aren't exactly known for their intelligence, but if a woman loves a man who adores her and makes sweet, gentle love to her, why doesn't she simply ASK him if she would occasionally like it a little rough rather than cheat?

green117green117over 9 years ago
oddly,

It was the Leather Nun (with capitalization) line that sent my mind back to my old comic book reading days.

I kinda wonder if SS06 was channeling Crumb, or if the world just repeats.

Green-something

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 9 years ago
Not my style but quite entertaining anyway.

Thank you for writing. Please don't visit me, friend.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
more?

would love more to this story.

I really liked this character.

xtchrxtchrover 8 years ago
Comment On A Comment!

I usually don't read horror or sci-fi, but it is a Stangstar story so I read it. I have to admit that his stories are entertaining. I know his wives are really stupid, but this one takes the cake. She was only true to her 'One True Love' for the first 6 months of marriage??? That's real 'True Love'??? I don't remember how long they were married but she didn't cheat for only 6 months. I don't believe that is true love of any kind. She was very simply a cheater.

I think KarenE said it all in her insightful comment. Why didn't this wife just ask her 'true love' that she liked rougher sex? The only conclusion that I can come up with is the she really didn't love this guy. She was comfortable with him and she could cheat on him whenever she wanted. That is not 'true love'.

Thanks for another entertaining and imaginative story.

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013over 8 years ago
Beautiful and Sad.

An unusual story - I really liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
MORE OF THE SAME PLEASE

Intriguing interaction and mind boggling possibilities. Stang, it's unfair and uncool to leave us hanging in this delicious unknowing. More, please?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Foodforthought

Sounds like there could be a great sequel

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 7 years ago
Not Quite A Sequel

But see StangStar06's Ghost Driver for more of these characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wrong category but fun

I enjoyed even when it was in the wrong category. ebde

rightbankrightbankabout 6 years ago
That was fun

I'm so glad I found this one.

Pure fantasy.

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Where r u?

Have read everything else, several times. Found this one so I gave it a go. Awesome. Now I ask where are you? We haven’t received a stst6 story for awhile? Ru done?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Very ...

... clever, creative & funny. Hope there’s a continuation at some point.

BestOfAllWorldsBestOfAllWorldsover 4 years ago
storiesonline.net

He's over there now, along with alternate endings of some of these stories that he references every so often.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 3 years ago
So sad

Very interesting story, what's sad about it is this could easily developed into a series of ebooks on Amazon, I would pay to read more on this story line. Too bad.

lukeshortlukeshortover 3 years ago
Different

This one is so different that I can't decide if it is just a good story or a great story. It is very different and was entertaining. I would gladly read more like it. 5*

RimmerdalRimmerdalalmost 3 years ago

Nice story. Now add to it.

Rage632Rage632over 2 years ago
Why?

Why isn't there more? Continue the story please.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 2 years ago

Another good story in this series. Need more. Thank-you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

ZEROZEROZERO....did not finish the first page of this shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

WHAT FUCKING CRAP WAS THIS......STOPPED AT PAGE 1

drycreeksdrycreeksover 1 year ago

I wish these storied were in order they were written. I have already read the story where they die. But stll n awesome story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Can someone list these in the order they should be read, Please!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This was very good and I would love to read more about this world you created it had a very Ann Rice feel to it and I loved it please write more.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Crazy but entertaining and creative. Felt sad for both Mason and Cheryl. Caught in a long three decade cycle of anger, vengeance, guilt and unrequited love. Cheryl was clearly stupid with mental issues but was really just a plot device to move Mason to a different outcome and emotional trauma. Unlike some commenters, in every other way she camecoff as loving Mason and desperate when he disappeared. But her love was twisted and corrupted by a sick obsession with rough sex. What was stupid is that virtually any loving husband would do their best to mix up their sex life. Cheryl was a study in contradictions. It would be good to have a sequential ordered list of stories in the arc of these characters. I read the one where Piety died first. So that effects the impact of this story read afterwards.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous