All Comments on 'My Wild Wife'

by RichardGerald

Sort by:
  • 262 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
So, husband is a pathetic loser

She marries him for stability, gives him mercy fucks and knows how inadequate he is in bed. Attractive couple, there. She's dancing the knife edge of cheating at all times because she's just so super horny and super hot. She never does the things with her husband she did with other men and he's a clueless math nerd. What a great idea for a story, not. Nothing to like about anyone in this story. Just a cynical woman and a really pathetic man.

canopuswestcanopuswestalmost 8 years ago
Didn't really like it much. But still this story is something new in lw..

And I felt that Matt was an idiot to stay with Jess, but then again he still doesn't know the whole truth...

It is a sad state when all he got from his wife was no where near her best.

She even stated it herself that she didn't love him, she just liked the idea of him as a husband.. Someone whom she will definitely betray in the future and dispose of, when he has outlived his usefulness.

I personally wouldn't have stayed with the woman, her past was just too wild.

I don't believe that people can change the fundamental aspects of their character.

Plus her lies were plenty.. How can you trust anything from her in the future, when she has shown such an excellent ability to deceive you..

She's been more honest with complete strangers, and shared more of her with them, than she has with her own husband, someone whom she claims to love and considers as her life-mate.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 8 years ago
Superb Writing but does the ( Ostensibly Reformed ) Tart Triumph Again ?

I have nothing per se against recovering or active sluts and this is just a story. But WHEN you are the earning half of couple , it's not the best idea to put the talented but borderline pauper and floozy's name on the deed to the new house OR start a family with that individual due to child custody favoring women.

Jess sounded like she was making a concerted effort to be monogamous and a loving spouse. But it also seemed like it was a strain and this couple is still barely out of honeymoon phase . What happens when seven year itch sets in ? To me , the ending was inconsistent with Matt 's values and character ethics hitherto written so well by RichardGerald who is definitely in first echelon of Loving Wives wordsmiths.

Did Matt have to kick her to curb ? I don't think so ( although that option should remain sealed in wall mounted glass box to be used in case of emergency. It's wonderful that Jess is getting counseling. At the very least Matt should as well because he barely knows this woman that was putting up veritable Vatican scale grand facade of what her libido and heart desires are composed and comprised of.

For the most part, I take off my hat in tribute to this author's narrative . To me , the ending is a rear ended Ford Pinto clunker. To make that conclusion viable , some clue or off key character reveal needed to be unveiled in terms of Matt ' s straightarrow, steady staid makeup that would explain why he would wager his life on a woman who is attractive, intelligent but has the potential to ruin everything that he has worked so hard for.

HeWhoGoesThereHeWhoGoesTherealmost 8 years ago
Uh oh

Sorry to be a Negative Nancy, but all I see here is a doomed marriage, no matter how you slice it.

Jess WILL succumb, it's inevitable.

Maybe one day the urges will be too much, or something will happen to make her particularly vulnerable. And once she gets a taste, she won't be able to stop.

Maybe Matt will get fed up with their vanilla sex life and start to resent how he's only getting a small fraction of her passion and effort. Maybe she'll relent and let him spice things up, sparking a fire that he has no hope of controlling.

Maybe those pregnancy hormones will make her uncontrollably horny one day and she'll pounce on any man who so much as throws her a compliment.

Maybe her libido heighten even further as she gets older, as is the case with many women. If she's like this now, she'd be unstoppable in her late 30's or so.

Any number of things could light the powder keg, and once it happens, divorce is the only way to go. Even if he's able to live with it, she would lose all respect for him just like she did with Fred. Bottom line: this ain't gonna end well.

That said, this is a well-written piece, and doesn't have any painfully stupid characters. A wife capable of self-control, for now anyway, is a nice cherry on top.

3.5 stars from me, but I'll round up to 4 'cause I'm nice like that.

CrkcpprCrkcppralmost 8 years ago
Certainly not your best

I always look forward to reading Richards posts. But this one is , can't exactly put my finger on it , not very Richard Gerald like.

Should he have divorced her , maybe , maybe not. But I see the lack of truthfulness to be a very serious thing. Everyone has a past , but the clinical way that she chose her husband , she may as well have been buying a dog or horse . That fact would cause me to run like Hell more than her sexual history . I think he has self-esteem issues out the wazoo , and she picked up on them like a shark to blood. I would pity anyone who has a spouse with that cold and clinical outlook , not a personality trait to ensure a long and loving marriage .

4*'s ( admittedly biased because of prior works)

HcopHcopalmost 8 years ago
A good story

A well written story on a good idea, but... it could have been a great story. You wrote one page and a half building up, and just few paragraphs for an incomplete resolution. In a longer story you could have explored the husband's feelings about the cold calculated way their relationship started and the way she rationed her sexuality with him. How (and if) they could find a way to move forward, to build something more stable than a relationship with the sword of Damocles hanging over their head...

A 4* considering the garbage usually posted in this section, with your undisputed abilities as a writer you could have written a true classic 5* if you would give it a try .

DevotedWifeDevotedWifealmost 8 years ago
Wow. Scary.

She said she chose him with her head, not her heart. She never said she loved him until she was afraid of losing him. This woman is "an accident waiting to happen." She's an addict who has to fight everyday to remain faithful. Right now, she has the excitement of making a home and bearing a child. What happens in ten years when she has the stress of multiple children, maybe traveling more for her career, getting older and remembering the male attention she had when she was younger, or works with someone everyday who is out to seduce her? And no one who loves their spouse denies them something that is considered normal in bed, like giving them oral sex. I think she is a cruel, self-serving woman.

They didn't need a house; they needed a reboot. A person who keeps such a huge secret is a poor risk as a spouse. At the very least, he was a fool for never insisting that she give him whatever he wanted sexually, that they attend marital counseling, and that he watch her swallow her birth control pill everyday, until he was satisfied with where things were going in the marriage.

You write well, but of the few stories of yours that I have been able to get through, I deduce that you basically write of sluts and the men who put up with them. I am thinking I might actually prefer reading stories by voluntary cuckolds, because at least they would be enjoying the sex they'd get from their wives, as well as hearing about what they did with other men. I just always feel pain and sadness for your characters.

And now I have to worry about my son marrying a slut retread, as well as merely being considered a starter husband. Or maybe I should just stay out of LW for a while, lol.

christmas_apechristmas_apealmost 8 years ago

an excellent, different read. thank you.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanalmost 8 years ago
As others have said

Not one of your best - but still a good read and definitely enjoyable. I was expecting to hear that she had cut loose on her trip to California.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightalmost 8 years ago
This one created mixed emotions.

She wasn't really honest with him. She kept secrets and married him for practical reasons. She also began to realize what she had in him and came to love him. He's simply a man in love, so he has no chance. Well written and quite interesting, if not totally satisfying. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
this is a tough one

been there and still there... wife had a very wild past back in high school and college. Then she found me- dated- married. Nothing has come out about her wild past except some vague comments from old friends when I am close.. when asked she clams up.. she does keep me away from events where some old friends would be present.. this story I give a strong 5 because I am living this.

asdasfaefwascasdasfaefwascalmost 8 years ago
1*

wimp and whore. usual richardcuck shit.

sugnasugnaalmost 8 years ago
Romantic

Romantic in the sense that the heart is controlling the mind in this story. Regardless of how she chose her husband with her "mind", it was an emotional decision based on her desires and need for improved self esteem. She wanted to be the "good girl" for her ego. She didn't care if she had to deceive a man and use a man's life to do that. She lied to him not only about her slut past, she lied to him about loving him. She loved the ticket to a secure married life that he had. That she lied to him about a significant part of her personality meant that he did not really know the women he had married and was not really in love with the woman that she was. That she kept him away from a broader sex life for YEARS, a sex life that she was an expert in. This was something she withheld from him while demeaning his ability in bed. So where does a romantic story usually lead? Tragedy of course! The lie now uncovered after six years is like a bullet in a wound that had six years to become infected and spread lead poisoning throughout the body. Fuck romance, as time goes on the poison will spread until all the love has died. His love that is, because she never really had any love for him. His love was the only real bond in the marriage. With that gone, it is just a business deal, and he will look for a better situation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Loving Wife Project

From the title to meeting the wife's ex BF, we are set up to believe we know where this is headed: that she has never stopped being wild, he is a cuckold dozens of times over, she will re-up with her ex and add him to her stable, and hubby will either get on board or get out....So we are slow to believe the actual story, which is that she has changed and is ever working on her project to suppress her sex addiction and to be a good and loving wife. On this site, what a novel idea! I commend your temerity and audaciousness--to grant the story not the readers' expectations, but what its characters need.

SeeingEyeSeeingEyealmost 8 years ago
It will not last

Bot, is she condescending and self-centered. She won't have adventurous sex with her own husband, she limits him and his needs. Why? Because of her needs, and she is dishonest about it. The real question Matt has the author never broaches: Why if you were such a slut won't you even do X with me in the bedroom? She tells him "Go sit down in the living room" like he is a child. He should dump her.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanalmost 8 years ago
Another thought

"I swore never to hold anything back again, and my husband promised to love me no matter what." Was this sentence deliberately meant to be ambiguous? Does it mean that she won't keep secrets from him in future, or does it mean she'll open up sexually for her husband?

impo_61impo_61almost 8 years ago
A hard choice...

A hard choice...He had to make a hard choice...sure his wife withheld information from her past...But also she never cheated on him...he loved her, so had to take the risk...3*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Thoughts

While I understand and appreciate a "wild child" who wants to settle down, why does that have to mean only vanilla sex with her husband? And while I wouldn't expect her to give hubby chapter and verse on her prior escapades, some explanation of how she had been a "wild child" would be helpful, just to avoid unpleasant surprises like we are seeing here.

"Not a day went by that I did not get that itch women feel so much more than men." - Where did this idea that women "itch" so much more than men come from? Men would like to experience other women just as much as women would like to experience other men, but are expected to keep it in their pants, and women should do the same!

LOL, SHE'S ultra-jealous at just the THOUGHT of another woman with her hands on HER man, yet she longs for the thrill of new and multiple men!

"I guess lunch for old time sake will not hurt" - Again, she's jealous of him with ZERO evidence, but sees NOTHING wrong with having lunch with an old lover without telling her husband.

How in the hell did Fred/Rick get her number? Surely she doesn't use the same one she had in college?

"I could not go too far with my husband without risking my self-control." - What's wrong with losing your self-control with your HUSBAND?

"After all, Matt would never know." - Well, THAT didn't work!

"I knew that if I let myself I would do it again" - I'm not sure, but from her earlier comments I get the feeling that she seems to think that if she lets herself go with her HUSBAND that that will somehow let her slut out, and I'm no psychologist but that seem ridiculous!

Maybe she SHOULD have married Fred! He already knew her past and was cool with it, and at least CLAIMED to be willing to allow some playing after they were married.

"I wanted out, and I was willing to go cold turkey if necessary." - There are at least two problems with this approach: One, it is causing stress, both in her having to hide things from her husband, and having to suppress her urges, and two, it is making her withhold part of her sexuality, (which he very well might enjoy!) from her husband.

"I swore never to hold anything back again, and my husband promised to love me no matter what." - I hope that the first part means that he will now be getting some of that wilder sex, that she knew he always wanted, and that the second part DOESN'T mean that he will forgive any cheating!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
@SeeingEye Re:"It will not last"

While I don't entirely agree with you, and DO give the marriage a chance, it certainly would have been better if she was open about her past, and explained WHY she couldn't/wouldn't be more wild in bed, MAYBE he would have understood and worked with her, maybe joined her in the counseling.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Moving

I am the beneficiary of a wonderful 30 year marriage to a girl who had a rough childhood that manifested in an alcohol infused wild early adulthood that bottomed out about the time we met. She wasn't quite so dramatically wild as your Jess, (I think - ha ha), and looks back on those times with some pain and regret. I hope and think I gave her the love and affection to live a satisfying and rewarding life as a wife, mother, and grandmother. I've saved the quote you cited from Leo Buscaglia, as it reaffirms the choice I made, and that Matt so bravely made in investing in Jess.

Simple, compelling little story that I couldn't get out of my head. Made my morning. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Decent Concept; only slightly lacking....

I wouldn't change the plot, although it was quite the suspension of disbelief for Matt to encounter Fred. That said, like others mentioned, the concept of "reformed slut", was worth exploring, and I thank you.

For me, what was missing, was in the confrontation. You had no problem switching POVs. So why then silence Matt from saying his piece? That was the chance for Mr. meek-n-mild to transcend himself, and finally earn her respect. Someone who can create algorithms for investing surely would have found a more rational solution for his shattered trust issues going forward! Namely, a post-nup. Since she has self-confessed to only respecting his money-earning potential, than that is EXACTLY the correct threat to keep her holding true to her vows. She should sign on the dotted line for an unfavorable asset split in a divorce as the result of any potential adultery. As far as custody of any future offspring, require them tested immediately for DNA, and create provisos that protect the child ONLY, so that she cannot use the child to leverage any profit. This sword of Damocles just might keep her true, and continue to help her resist temptation. But more than anything, it would provide him with the security needed to allow the marriage to continue despite her deceptions. A strong exchange at the end between them, where Matt gets to regain control of the marriage, probably would have helped this story to be better received. As it was, it seemed like you had Matt just kind of wimp out, with a "guess we'll just have to wait and see..." sort of ending.

Slightly unrelated to above, one other way to improve the ending might have been to take it further, and include them getting her pregnant. I have absolutely no way of knowing for sure, but it would be believable to me that a "reformed" slut, would cement her changes with the strong maternal instinct kicking in and taking over. Motherhood doesn't allow you to be quite as vain and self-centered. You start to prioritize the life of your little one over and above your own. She THINKS that scenario will happen, but if you included it as "fact", then the ending would help to better convince the readers that the risk/reward for Matt was worth it. If she becomes a character who wears motherhood as a true badge of honor, leaving behind slutdom to the far buried past is that much more believable.

As to what to do about the manipulated sex life? Well, that will remain the weakest part of this story, with the characters as you've drawn them up. They were painted into a corner, and rectifying their individual sexualities probably would take up another whole story on its own.

Thanks for your efforts. Keep working!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Different

This story is a bit different from many. His wife had been a wild child in her college youth but made a big effort to reform. She apparently succeeded. He was/is a bit of a nerd with only a bit of a sex experience over the similar time of his life. Great idea and fits with the concept that people often do change - for better or worse.

Good story!

Tiny Tim

grogers7grogers7almost 8 years ago
The rest of the story,,,

With your skills as an author you could write an excellent story about their reconciliation process:

Did she choose to occasionally initiate sex?

As the. experienced partner did she teach and encourage him so that HE would be more sexually gratified?

Did he understand that at the moment of her confession and at no time in their past was she in love with him? She may love him as a dear, sexual, and intimate friend, but he is husband of convenience.

Would she grow to be in love with him? Could she?

After her revelations would he be in love with her? Could he be?

Would he believe that she had finally fallen love with him?

Would he agree to children (or more children) if he did not believe that they were in love that would form a stable foundation for family?

xtchrxtchralmost 8 years ago
Very Interesting Concept!

Yes, you have thought up a very different type of story that asks a lot of questions. Can a leopard change its spots? She married him for the wrong reasons, and then supposedly fell in love with him, will it work? She lied and was deceitful to him for their entire marriage, but did not cheat...yet? She held back her sexual favors with her husband (but gave them very freely before marriage) Why? That does not sound like love. I guess this story depends on the attitudes and opinions of the reader. Some will like to see them make it and others don't think they have a chance.

Thank you for a well written and thought provoking story.

EddboyEddboyalmost 8 years ago
i'd like to think

If i was Matt i could leave her past in the past but..... lol i dont know if i could ever look at her the same again. I mean she didn't just have a lot of sex partners, she had gang bangs and trains, and fucked women...I would probably end up having to divorce her bc i wouldnt be able to get over her past or trust her in the future. Also it seemed like she basically used him bc he had money and a stable career, she hid things from him and held back on the sex so yeah i would definitly leave the slut.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Let's face it

Odds are high your wife or husband has a past with others. I found out about mine one day while working on a client's vehicle, my wife walked into the shop as he was there. I noticed the recognized each other, they spoke but the wife was clearly uncomfortable. Later at home, she sat down and told me about the guy. It was not big deal, she was now my wife.

But then, similar happened, at a night club, and damned if another didn't pop up at the school our son went to?

Yes, tough to deal with, knowing several men have carnal knowledge of your wife, but still.. In our case, now she is mine, way it is. Just move on, all one can do.

tazz317tazz317almost 8 years ago
IS THIS THE GIRL AND THE CUNT-RY SYNDROME

I can just visualize the Green Acres theme song, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
WTF?

She refuses to give up control even to the feelings she claims to have for her husband. She refuses to give herself to him totally because she is afraid of becoming another man's slut?

If he was a man he would leave her. But gonna stay for what? Lacking vanilla sex and an emotionally crippled marriage?

Too much BS in this story for me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Forgiveness

If I was married to this little tart, I would forgive her. Then I would dress her like a whore and drive her to the convention center. What better way to pay off the new house.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 8 years ago
Good Story. Realistic portrayal of the wife.

Women choose their mates. That part of the story is very realistic - she chose her husband and for good reasons (and turned Fred down for good reasons). Once they pop out some rug rats they will be so busy with soccer and school and band and sports they will be ok. In terms of writing - paced about right, concise, and interesting. Plot - credible albeit not erotic. Five star story.

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 8 years ago
Excellent

Very well done. A tale of true love, commitment, honesty, and redemption. What's not to like?

It did necessitate a few hard-to-swallow coincidences to get these characters to the ending. What are the odds of Matt running into Fred? What two strangers, having just met, would discuss their past sex lives in such lurid detail? But suspension of disbelief is easy when you care about the fate of the characters involved.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Doomed to fail.

Yes now she wants him. In15 years when she is still a hot 40 year old and has his kids so in a divorce he will get killed.then we will see just how much h she loves him. The answer is not very much.

DB71DB71almost 8 years ago
Well done!

I think this is a very good story. Plenty of emotional distress that comes off as believable. I'd like to see more, but it's a complete story as is. Thanks for your work. I appreciate it.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 8 years ago
Very Well Done

Some standard characters, e.g. nerd, beauty, wild woman, inexperienced male, but so well described and defined. Not cardboard cutout characters but relatively well rounded people. Nice story. 5*

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 8 years ago
Everybody has a past.

We all have skeletons. People CAN change. Some change for the worse, and others change for the better. Those of us who change for the better, LEARN from our mistakes and move forward a bit wiser.

Sure, Wifey kept a few secrets from Hubby, but that was way before he knew her. She's been faithful to him during their entire relationship, though. So no, her previous sex life had no bearing on their marriage. I don't pry into my wife's sex life from before we got together, and she doesn't pry into mine. Trust is the most important thing in any relationship. Without trust, real love can't exist.

5 Stars. Great job, RG.

cap5356cap5356almost 8 years ago
great

great story that shows how u shouldn't keep secrets from your partner as they will come to haunt u sometime in the future. and when they do it could cause a complete fall out of everything. keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
To many naysayers, great story.

Look what she did in her wild college days was her own business. You do not expect to go into a marriage today with a virgin ,why would you want one? The pill and equal rights changed our prehistoric male thinking. As long as she realized her faults and can tame her desires they should be okay. In the USA today we have A 50% divorce rate, mostly over money issues, and incompatabitiy . No one can predict the future and we humans all think differently. Live and let live. A perfectly written story.

1954hall1954hallalmost 8 years ago
Jealous an insecure

My wife has cheated in her past marriages and is crazy insecure. Cheaters always suspect their spouse will also. I don't see it being a happy marriage unless he gives her the room she needs. I don't see that happening.

bruce22bruce22almost 8 years ago
Excellent Read

Nice puzzle. Should they believe each other? The question of whether the wife does love her husband is still in the air. She does not cheat but does she love? I remember that the judge who married us said that the biggest thing was to be good friends.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Entirely realistic story line, very well laid out and it offers the possibility of many chapters

Excellent "story telling" writing style, the back & forth events read as a dueling of the main participants view of their lives and the good & the bad are revealed.

BRAVO!!

koosewatcherkoosewatcheralmost 8 years ago
Reality check

Well, when a women is subjected to that sort of sex, don't they usually have difficult pregnecies with Neonatal issues? When an experienced lover denies her significant other sexual favors, doesn't that usually lead to difficult times in the relationship? When someone leads a double life and gets caught, is there absolutely no cost? Wouldn't the husband lose at least some of his respect for his spouse? Would the husband still feel a need to be honest or faithful to a spouse with that kind of background?

I would enjoy a sequel with some or all of these issues addressed!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
You're one of the best!

I eagerly await your stories. No soft sell on the women, but also no violence, and no apologies. Your stories, while admittedly relating extreme scenarios, reflect plausible real life situations. Thanks for your efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Cuff, Kick, Curb

Love or no, any reasonable man with a modicum of self-respect would slap this bitch-tart to the curb. She is simply an unknown quantity and a clear and present danger to him and any children they may bring into the world.The wife is an absolutely cold, calculating, self-obsessed, liar non-pareil. Unless things here are taken straight into even stranger realms of sociopathology it couldn't possibly get any worse for this man, his marriage, and his life.

I didn't see anyone commenting on the fact that she had "her people" go into his credit as part of her original plan. She had her guy pull his bureau as part of her icy calculations. Well, she has initiative. You gotta give her that!

Any reasonable man with a modicum of self-respect would slap this bitch-tart to the curb. She is an unkown quantity and a clear and present danger to him and any children that they would bring into the world.

Gerald's husbands are not exactly likeable characters. They only take action after extreme insult and humiliation has accumulated. And all the while their indecisive minds roil with whispers and glancing shadows. Franky, I'd like a bit higher "T" factor in these guys.

The price paid by the reader of Mr. Gerald's work is spending time with these maddeningly passive-aggressive men and their menacing women who stare at us like Dali-esque felines as they rip and tear at our sensibilities.

Though not as patently bizzare as, for example, Angiequesophie, there are elements of cuckold psychology and a sinewy, tortuous psychological attack that pervade Mr. Gerald's work. What about a good old-fashioned story and a plot that bristles with all sorts of intrigue, etc? Ok, later on the author can have everyone get together and whip up a massive orgy. But is it really necessary to wheedle one's way into the reader's mind and pour acid all over his hypothalamus gland or something? To wit: your wife leers at you smirking from the hot tub while your boss deftly manipulates her private parts as you stand, transfixed (The Bridge).

Welcome to Gerald's World.

Honestly, when I read of these commenters falling all over themselves for the rather painful drubbings that are dished out by this new breed of writer that is metastasizing here in Litland, I truly wonder about their mental health profiles.

Personally, I like stories of beautiful maidens, glass slippers, and pumpkins in metamorphisis, but at least I know it :))

Is it worth the battering received to read Mr. Gerald's work? I lean away from the affirmative, but I will scan the board for part two of this current volley.

luedonluedonalmost 8 years ago
So many dismal views of human nature

An anonymous comment earlier made the point that the author had produced a story that was "not the readers' expectations, but what its characters need". True. All stories are like that in some way; this one was quite a bit more so.

And didn't it draw out some classic "readers' expectations" !

The predictions in the commentary of what will happen to the marriage, what the wife will do, what the husband should do, and so on, are hilarious in their own way. Only one person can say what the characters will do: Richard Gerald, the author. It's his story and they are his characters.

Fortunately, he doesn't seem to have as dismal a view of human nature as many of the commentators have. There are some sad ones out there who believe that there is no hope for a person to change.

I thought it was an interesting little story, well-written as usual for the author, and I liked it.

Lue

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasteralmost 8 years ago

If a man enjoyed sex on college, he was just a guy being a guy and not one of the typical lw crowd would rush to condemn him and demand be tell any new partner that he enjoyed having a thrresome once or that he was a player in school

A woman who enjoys sex? Well that's damaged goods and it's irrelevant that she's changed and not done anything like that in years!! Burn her at the stake! She's required to tell any man she meets from now on every single thing she ever did with anyone, maybe just brand herself with the word 'slut' across her forehead to save time.

The guys she fucked back then? Well they're still guys, so it's okay for them. And okay for them to judge her now. Thus goes the logic of the sad, lovely, bitter crowd of very small and petty men here. Even the author agrees she was wrong and she would be "struggling" to resist those slutty urges in a way they'd never depict a man as being broken or damaged.

sugnasugnaalmost 8 years ago
@frontlinecaster

Hold on there a minute, your comment seems to be based on some stereotype that I have never met! 1. A woman that enters a contest to see how many guys she can sleep with in a weekend is not comparable to any male counterpart. The men that sleep with her? They are all the same kind of idiot that would jump in an STD HIV bath with a street whore. As far as group sex or a threesome is concerned, that is not the same thing as pulling a train of guys at a party. As to the kind of men who would jump on that train, see above. In fact they are even worse as they are contributing to this womans self inflicted debasement. No, the above female behaviors are all defined as that of a slut. You want a name for a guy who has sex with a slut? How about "loser?" How about "pathetic?" You want a name for a guy who was mislead by his wife regarding her background? How about "sucker"? How about "duped?" The thing is that the lies of omission she told her husband were more than enough to destroy a normal man's trust in her. In my experience I have seen a lot less vile lies work like acid on a marriage slowly corroding the relationship until there was nothing less. If you have lived at all, think about this.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958almost 8 years ago
You had to have seen this coming, right Lue?

@luedon

Well, you seem to have an overly optimistic view of human nature. The facts are in; human nature seldom changes. For instance, the Bureau of Justice says that 77% of criminals are arrested for another crime within five years of their release from prison.

According to alcohol rehab.com, somewhere around 65%of drug and alcohol addicts relapse after receiving treatment and a lengthy recovery time.

According to a recent survey I saw on the internet, the relapse rate for those with sexual addiction is nearly 100%

I guess those with a dim view of human nature are right. Human nature seldom changes. I know mine hasn’t changed significantly. I have always viewed cheating and lying as reprehensible. I still do. In what way have you changed your nature, significantly? You still seem to advocate the “seagull” philosophy you did when the events you detail in your autobiographical stories took place. You are a kind person and I respect you, but you're just wrong.

The husband in this story is taking a huge risk. Only the author can determine whether or not the risk was worth it. The story is well written, but the characters are not charming. Only Mr. Gerard knows the eventual outcome.

carvohicarvohialmost 8 years ago
Holy Cow!

I never read so much negativity!

She picked him for practical rational reasons, and that's bad? What, she should have picked some loser. Matt was a winner; that's why she picked him.

FLC is right for once. Bad guy in college is a local hero. Bad girl in college is sentenced to be a life-long tramp. Total bullshit! Our promiscuous 'girl' grew up to become an 'upright' woman. She faced up to temptation. No one else does? This woman had a head on her shoulders. She'd already preempted a slide by seeing a counselor. She was serious about what and who she wanted. Recall she was borderline ballistic at just the thought Matt might have strayed.

Matt should divorce her? Are you crazy? Matt had no choice. If he left he'd never forget, he'd never get over her. He stayed for all the right reasons. DNA checking? Why? Jess is going to be more faithful than a nun.

Vanilla sex is bad? No sex is bad. I'm dying for some ice cream. We only have vanilla. Oh never mind I wanted rocky fudge. Bullshit! Besides, he might be able to persuade her to experiment a little. The bond can only be improved.

Motherhood. Jess wants to be a mom. Well I can tell you something. There are women who love, I mean love getting pregnant, nursing, holding babies, raising babies, dressing daughters up in pretty clothes, baking cookies, helping with homework, making clothes for the dance recital, showing her kids off at church, and bragging about their kid's good grades in school or how their kid's lamb won first prize at the State fair. I know because I've got one, and they're the best, the B E S T!

Poor Matt; he's been condemned to a life of total happiness.

Thanks for a great story, well written, good idea, great grammar, about a good guy and a wonderful woman.

Jedd Clampett

Richie4110Richie4110almost 8 years ago
"So I hoped?"

There is room here and experience to have follow-up(s)!

green117green117almost 8 years ago
a rather upfront attack on a BTB article of faith -

"once a cheater always a cheater".

Don't think so here. The author very cleverly made her change before she got involved with the protagonist. Do people change? She did - she left "Fred" and went cold turkey, and stayed there.

The question is more one of faith... can he trust her, or at least assume faith in her? Is there grace in him?

Apparently so - good job!

green-something

(and, like all realistic stories, it doesn't end with everything in a neat bow - he will have to evidence grace from here out - hopefully it gets easier. But then again, is not grace hard won more realistic than that which descends from heaven?)

foolscapfoolscapalmost 8 years ago
I find myself in the uncomfortable position of agreeing with carvohi

and randi i also agree with you about the seagull philosophy but, in fact, folks do change we start changing at birth. The difference between the wife and the seagull is that the wife has owned her past and recognizes that to continue those behaviors would be wrong. (Right and Wrong exist whether we want to recognize them or not) The situational ethics underpinnings of the seagull philosophy make it real easy to dismiss right and wrong as old fashioned, unevolved concepts.

Is there risk for Matt in this, yes, but the potential rewards~ personal, mental, spiritual, and karmic are worth that risk in my opinion.

I can't bring myself to admit that i agree with

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Great

RG's writing is getting better. I really liked his previous one, the slow dance thing. This next story proves his versatility in writing LW stories without getting into the overly used plot of btb or cuckold.

Keep going!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
1*

Vote 1* for every story rated by 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐓 𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐄 (that's what her clients call her) aka BONNIE/VASTIE aka ANON!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
@anon

Matt is not a wimp those wild days was done before they were married or even they met , jess was never been with other while they are married

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Once again, well written

At least this time you didn't promise to save Matt THEN throw him to the dogs. (Yes I'm still mad about your ending to Crime and Punishment). But I don't think Matt got a bad deal. Maybe it would have been better if she told him the truth about her past. But how many people want to tell their future spouse that they were a bad boy or a bad girl in college? Isn't that what college is for (besides getting an education) is to live some, go crazy, grow up and live your life? My only objection is that Matt didn't at least negotiate more and better sex. What's the old cliche? A great cook and Mother but a whore in the bedroom? He should be able to have it all.

luedonluedonalmost 8 years ago
"Right and Wrong exist whether we want to recognize them or not"

Really Foolscap? Can you think of nothing that is 'Right' now that was 'Wrong' 10, 20, 50 years ago?

And oh dearie me. We do have a lot of pessimists out in this commentary today. There is no hope for rehabilitation of criminals. Nobody can learn new behaviours. We might as well all curl up in our cocoons and shelter from the big bad world out there.

Can I suggest that the pessimists all quit reading Loving Wives stories and go over to Romance? A truly sweet story is currently running over there (Reed Richards' The Chronicles of Mark and Jennifer). Maybe that will brighten up your outlook?

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Sweet

Awesome tale and nicely written!

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasteralmost 8 years ago

They're only pessimists when it comes to women. That's not pessimism, that's a toxic double standard that says men can enjoy sex and experiment and have their wild youthful adventures, but a woman who enjoys sex before marriage if a slut and a whore and is now worthless.

You have guys arguing that a guy sleeping with multiple women at the same time is okay but a woman doing the same is inherently wrong and ruins her for life. That's not pessimism, that's bald faced misogyny.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyalmost 8 years ago
Good. Read

Well written story. I went through several comments and those are almost as interesting as the story. Must have really hit some commenters hard. First off it is a story - fiction. Good fiction well written by so many comments. I see humor in how several have taken such a strong stance on the topic - a person past can create or can't create a change for the future. Going from sinner to Saint.?!

Thank you for writing and sharing. Yes I did give it a 5. Please do keep writing and I will keep reading!

HeWhoGoesThereHeWhoGoesTherealmost 8 years ago

Frontline, did you even read the story before you started foaming at the mouth over the comments? I doubt it.

The past is the past, fair enough, but the entire point of this story is that the past has carried on into the present. The main issue is that the wife, Jess, has NOT changed. She's been trying to change, but it hasn't happened yet. A good marriage, years of counseling and her own resolve have only managed to *barely* suppress her urges. She says it herself, EVERY DAY is a struggle to remain faithful for her. She's so afraid of unleashing the beast that she limits herself and her husband to boring sex because she knows what'll happen if she gets to excited. This isn't hypothetical, it's in the story in the character's own words.

You go off on this tangent about slut-shaming, totally ignoring the fact that Jess made a conscious decision to stop being a slut(her own words, btw)for her own reasons. The problem is that the slut never left, and it's taking everything she has just to keep it at bay.

In other words, your ramblings are totally irrelevant. But that's never stopped you before, so keep on keepin' on. Oh, and funny you should talk about double standards. In the story, her husband merely interacting with another attractive woman nearly sends her into a jealous rage, but she has absolutely no problem meeting up with a former lover behind her husband's back. Even if it's totally innocuous on her part, it's clear that if she ever caught her husband doing something similar, the claws would come out.

As for you, luelue, do you not know who the author of this piece is? This is the same guy who wrote "On The Lam", a story so overflowing with pessimism that it damn near crosses the line into parody. And the rest of his LW stories aren't much better in that regard. People may change in real life, but they don't in RichardGerald stories. Ever read "Her Itch"? "Once a slut, always a slut" is a common theme in his works.

You're barkin' up the wrong tree, luelue. Come back for the possible sequel where Jess finally cheats and can't get enough of it. Then you can stop with all that "people can change" nonsense and cheer her on in her extramarital "exploration", as you call it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Interesting

Quote: "My big weekend finished Rick and me. I had lost all respect for him. I could tell what I had done had humiliated him. People were laughing and looking down on him, but he had been too weak to keep me from starting or to stop me once it had begun. He actually repeated his request that I marry him."

Interesting concept - Girlfriend is a whore and debases herself in a totally dangerous and immoral way and instead of losing self respect she loses respect for her boyfriend who loved her enough to stand by her.

anon.1

foolscapfoolscapalmost 8 years ago
@Luedon

things are wrong and things are right. time doesn't change that. social engineering doesn't change that. pop psychology doesn't change that and the feel good poppycock that you espouse.

Again I challenge you, is betrayal right or wrong?

How about deceit?

How about torture?

Murder?

Death camps?

You have yet to address this, too busy rationalizing your narcissism through your slavish devotion to situational ethics.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Excellent Story!

This was a very mature, well-reasoned and clear story about a woman´s struggle with a sex addiction. It was interesting and revealing that it was narrated from both “his” and “her” perspectives. It was actually exciting, well written and interesting to read.

Some parts, such as the following, were heart wrenchingly poetic: “It was one of those moments when you see your life slipping away like the tide going out on a steep beach.” This really should be turned into a movie script.

luedonluedonalmost 8 years ago
You are entering a moral/ethical minefield, Foolscap

You list several things that you and I (and most others, perhaps) would agree are "wrong". But the world's dominant Western culture (the good ole USofA) has done every one of them and considered them "right". Even legislated to make them right in some cases.

But let's take something a bit simpler. Same Sex Marriage. Right or Wrong? In Australia, it's still wrong because of our current conservative domination of the parliament, But it's inevitable that it will soon be right because over three-quarters of the population believe it is right.

And even the difficult ones like betrayal. If, by betraying one person you could save ten people, is it right or wrong?

It's a complex world out there, Foolscap.

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I do not get this (relatively) low score. This is a very original and thought provoking story.

I suspect you are pissing off, or humiliating, a group of readers who don't like Jessica's decision to regain her integrity and self-respect, by stop being a WHORE! These people like promiscuity, and they like to think well of themselves as good decent people; its just sex. Your story kind of demolishes the whole its just sex let's party let the good times role if he doesn't know it won't hurt him I haven't taken anything away from you it doesn't mean anything to me, yada, yada, fucking yada! Your story brings into sharp focus a slut who accepts she was a slut, that it was a denigrating debilitating life style, and that she wants to elevate her life to a whole higher more virtuous level of existence: loyal faithful wife and mother. You've got a lot of fucking nerve, allowing Jessica to condemn her sluttiness on a site that others use for fantasizing and masturbating and reveling in debauchery. I think you hurt their feelings. Jess was supposed to fuck the tennis star on the side and get pregnant to boot, not kick him and her previous life style to the curb, with enthusiasm. All the while admitting that she misses that life style. Just like the alcoholic misses his booze. Jess would like to fuck around again, and hates herself for that appetite. And she make her weakness and her resolve totally open to her husband, allowing his contempt to reject her or his love to embrace her. The story closes with Love winning, so far. But who knows how they end up? Wow, just like real life, just like a real marriage. RichardGerald, you shame those who can't even understand such love, and even more so those who are incapable of giving and receiving such love. Perhaps your story will give other Jessica's some hope for redemption. Your story is fiction, but the possibility is real.

Thank you for a profound examination of the true Inner Slut, what she gains, what she loses, and what she can choose to be tomorrow. Thank you for showing a very imperfect woman's choice to at least try to be a better person. You gave us a story and a character worth cheering for.

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 8 years ago
Minefield indeed. lol

So, luedon, you wrote:

*****

And even the difficult ones like betrayal. If, by betraying one person you could save ten people, is it right or wrong?

*****

Want to talk about an ethical and moral minefield? You just stepped on a bouncing betty with that one. Are you really that desperate to prove a point? Seriously?! If you have to try to justify betrayal, in the context of this tale, with an outlandish scenario, you've already lost the debate. Just for future reference, make sure you answer the original question in context, i.e. betrayal as in infidelity/cheating, with no lives hanging in the balance.

I have to make an observation, here. You must have never been cheated on by someone you loved. I doubt you'd be so cavalier with your attitude, if you had. Granted, I'm presuming that you don't appreciate being screwed over. If you do, then that's your gig. I don't agree with that mindset, but I won't judge others if that's how they roll. That's on them.

Mostly playing Devil's Advocate here, btw. Personally, I thought this tale was great, and showed how much the wife really loves the husband. She gave up being a slut, for him, and hasn't cheated during their entire relationship. Definitely different than most tales we see in this category. lol

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I gave it a one

Here’s the thing... it is well written but I hated the female lead so much and even if you aren’t talking about her past she comes across as a manipulative and conniving bitch he should have kicked to the curb. This is likely worse than any cuckold story I have ever read because in many instances the male character is knowingly embracing his role - here a supposedly smart man is ignoring everything in front of him.

TwentysevenTwentysevenalmost 8 years ago
Congratulations to the author

You have provoked a storm of controversy so I couldn't resist putting in my two bob's worth.

Firstly, on the great ethical dilemma. Of course it's wrong to betray one person to save ten. We're talking ethics, not mathematics.

Secondly on our pragmatic heroine. Newsflash guys! You're not the greatest fuck in the world either, so get down on your knees and pray for a woman as dedicated to you as this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I don't really give a crap what others say

this was a good entertaining read. Keep up the good work author. Controversy among readers is a good indication you did something right. Thanks. 5* (ML)

swingerjoeswingerjoealmost 8 years ago
Depressing

Whenever I begin to feel a little too optimistic about my fellow man, I visit the Loving Wives commentary section. What a thoroughly depressing group who visit this site on a daily basis.

It seems the majority opinion here is that a woman who has too much sex before marriage should be divorced. Seriously? How insecure must someone be to place so much importance on a woman's behavior before you had even met?

Others seem to believe a woman is obligated to disclose her entire sexual history before saying "I do." Why? What difference does it make? If you discovered your wife had sex with a hundred men before you met, would you not have married her? Does her number of sexual partners change how you feel about her?

Evidently, a woman who has too much sex before marriage is damaged goods and can never be trusted again. What a bleak view of humanity. I can only assume that none of these readers ever made any decisions in youth that they later regretted. They must be angels walking among us (and visiting an erotic stories site in order to preach to us.)

I can't help but speculate that what drives these readers to their opinions is fear. The notion that their wives may have slept with someone who was better in bed than they are scares them to death. A woman who has slept with dozens of men has a much greater chance of having slept with someone exceptionally skilled in bed. A man who is confident in himself and the love of his wife wouldn't be so fearful.

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggalmost 8 years ago
@ swingerjoe ( respectfully )

You have valid points in your comment . I agree with a sizeable percent of what you said. That aside , I think Matt does have cause to pause. His wife is still in therapy and frankly I don't think she really knows what she wants in a long term commitment . Matt has been treated as a golden ticket to dream house and children that she has for now on top of bucket list.

This woman has been putting up a facade in terms of how much she values sexual relations with him . She has carnal desires that cause her to knuckles to whiten from withdrawal so her agenda can be realized. Sex with just Matt is 2nd best in her real heart if hearts. If he wasn't an earner , he wouldn't have rated a second date.

My main point is this fixional' couple doesn't know each other. She's getting therapy. Bravo but with what's been revealed couple therapy is in order as well. Short term - the wife can endure not getting what REALLY fires up her libido. For everyone's sake ( especially future fictional kids ) , a fuller ( not necessarily complete ) disclosure is merited to determine long term risk versus reward.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
4*s

Holy Cow!!

A story with an intelligent, self-realized woman!! Married to an honest,hard-working, and compassionate man! Neither character is written with chronic stupidity( ala Stang' stories for example). She has a major problem with sex. But has been totally faithful while married. She is addressing her issues with therapy. Unfortunately, not trusting her husband's love she lied, by omission and misdirection!! Now, she's been outed by an ex-boyfriend. She confronts her husband with contrition, and complete honesty, asking forgiveness. He gives it and they re-new their marriage by starting a family.

What an unusual plot at this site. You gotta love it! I do! Gave it 4*s. Not 5 because it is not finished. I want to see the sequel. Pregnancy, children, family responsibility. Maybe her hormones change her desires, or not. His aging, or maybe a job, financial crisis.

Come on RichardGerald give us another chapter . Whether you destroy him or her. Or they get happily-ever-after. It will be interesting and well written, an emotional roller coaster.

Well, I admit I look forward to seeing your next story regardless.

Interesting fact you posted this on SOL first, hmmm ?

AMerryman

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanmalmost 8 years ago
Absolute baring of the heart

I guess you cant lose when you write with your heart. Great story. Five stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
It's a daily struggle...

because once she gives into her lust it's a downward spiral, right?

Jesus... she couldn't have just flown her freak flag in college and been done with it? No, it becomes the life long struggle to remain true to her husband--her lovable lug of a husband who's not great in the sack.

You used a lot of cardboard making these characters. Wife's a gold digging slut time bomb, husband's a sexless moral boob... I'm not sure if you just don't like women or you don't like people in general.

One star... because not rating this puke pile won't do anything to your average, but a one will.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
@IronDragon Re: Everybody has a past

Yes, everybody has a past, but here, the past is intruding into the present.

Her fear of unleashing her slut is causing her to withhold a good part of her sexuality from her husband.

Her husband meeting someone from her past has caused him to doubt her, and ironically, has caused HER to be suspicious of HIM!

If she had been more open about her past he could have made an informed decision about whether to pursue a relationship with her, and if so, work WITH her to keep her "itch" under control, maybe with some JOINT counseling.

luedonluedonalmost 8 years ago
I agree wholeheartedly Sbrooks

As a true believer in counselling interventions, I agree with your comment "If she had been more open about her past he could have made an informed decision about whether to pursue a relationship with her, and if so, work WITH her to keep her "itch" under control, maybe with some JOINT counseling."

But it's only now, after a crisis has occurred, that she has become more open and by doing so has made herself vulnerable. So, what should an intelligent husband who truly values his marriage do now?

Lue

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Early on in a relationship the question is raised about how many partners you had and if you don't come somewhat clean than you risk being a liar down the road . If early in the dating the girl tells me she's 27 and fucked a hundred guys than I might not look to get serious. It's always a matter of truth but the joke is guys always times 2 and girls cut it in half. If was a total pig the way his wife was than it should of been worded to let him know she had a real wild decline in college because you'll always run the risk of it coming out and then you look worse. Also she's holding out for ten years on all different sex he probably wants but is afraid to persue because he thinks she's a prude . That's not fair to the man you love

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
FIVE STARS !

Well I liked this story and gave you a five, not to offset anyone who graded low because of hang ups they may have, but because it’s a very good story. I read for enjoyment, not to try tearing a story apart. This is amateur writing so I don’t require perfect stories for a vote of five. If the story grabs and holds my attention, as this one did, I grade accordingly. With this story, RG proves himself to be among the top writers in this category. He has also uncovered the unabashed double standard prevalent in our society, along with the inability of so many Loving Wives readers to get pass their own bad experiences and think straight.

What’s wrong with men today? If a man fucks fifty women before he finally settles down, he’s just a good ole boy. Men look up to him. But if a woman has more than one or two partners, we’re just a bitch, unworthy of settling down to family life.

Are you guys really stupid enough to think it would help if we confessed our indiscretions by the time of our…what number date? Third? Fourth? Tenth? Oh yeah, I can hear some of you now saying, “At least before the wedding.”

Okay, turn the cart around. Did you tell your future wife how many women you’d screwed? Did you brag about how you’d knocked some of them up, then like the big man you are, you disappeared, leaving them to raise the fruit of your loins. My guess is a resounding, “Hell No!”

Be honest, now; do you really want to know all about what your wife did before she met you? Are you so insecure that you need her to lie about a bicycle handle bar being the reason she didn’t bleed that first time.

I’ll end by thanking all you authors who write and post for my enjoyment, expecting nothing but an honest review. Please keep up the good work. And a big thanks to those who do give them an honest review, also. Maybe we can encourage them to keep it up. I’m cheap and really don’t want to pay for my erotic stories.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreameralmost 8 years ago
GREAT STORY

While I enjoyed this story and think it’s one of the best lately, I had more fun reading the comments. WOW! The way some of you think! People don’t change, huh? News Flash! All of us better hope people can change, because everyone of us started out headed for a bad destination.

I almost rolled with laughter reading about right and wrong as put forth by several who commented. Maybe it’d be more accurate to say I almost fell to my knees in sorrow, realizing just how uninformed so many of my fellow writers and readers are about the most important thing in their life—what is right, what is wrong and who decides.

I know modern man rejects the very idea of the existence of a perfect lawgiver, much less that an all-powerful being ruling our universe, so I won’t get on my soapbox—well just long enough to say it makes not one bit of difference if you believe he exists or not. He does and all of us will one day admit it. End of story!

As far as no one changing, we better hope we can change. A way for us to change has been provided and it might be a good idea to find out about it.

Now—about the story…it’s excellent. Not since reading alwayswantedto’s The Rambler, have I enjoyed an erotic story so much. Yes, you did make a few minor writing errors, but look at what you did right. Thanks for the read!

luedonluedonalmost 8 years ago
Yes, FIVE STARS Anonymous

Thanks for that considered comment.

May I suggest that you now register a name so that you can join the various conversations in the commentaries and others can respond to you by name?

It makes the commentaries much more interesting.

Lue

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 8 years ago
Let's flip the script for a minute.

Brooks, let's look at the flipside of your argument, here.

Let's call this guy John.

Question: How many women were you with, before you met and married your wife, John?

John: 29

Question: Did you ever have 2 or more women at once?

John: Yes, multiple times.

Guys: Yeah, man! Good job, John!

Women: Can he ever be satisfied with just one woman, now? Will his wife ever be good enough to compete with his past?

Do you see the point? No, I'm not John, so don't go saying that I'm bragging or whatever. I do know a few "Johns", though.

Now, John can change. He might also have barely controlled sex addiction, like Wifey in this tale. But, is he going to get a wife by telling her he used to be a stud in threesomes, foursomes, or more? Is he going to be able to convince her that he can be faithful, even though he's had almost 30 women before her? I guess it depends on the woman. Nothing is set in stone. I bet that it would make things a helluvalot harder for him, no pun intended.

JounarJounaralmost 8 years ago

@ Irondragon

The big issue here, is not a case of her past and how many sexual partners she had back in collage but the level of fraud for want of a better word that their marriage is currently based on. She didn't want to end up a poor slut so just picked a guy who could provide her with a rather nice lifestyle.

She admits when they married she didn't love him, felt no lust or desire for him, had his finances vetted and has deliberately held back their sex life all for her own selfish needs. Then, when things first go astray she shows zero levels of trust in her husband as her first though is that he's cheating on her. Lastly, she admits every single day is going to be a major test for her not to break her marriage vows and cheat on him!

The guy has many valid reasons to divorce her lying ass as she's a fraudulent ticking time bomb just waiting to go off and blow their marriage to hell.

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 8 years ago
Ok, now for the other argument.

@Jounar

So you missed the part where she grew to love him, and didn't do anything with her ex when he wanted her to get back into it? She stayed FAITHFUL to Hubby, in spite of her previous lifestyle. She changed. She realized that she actually loved her husband. Sure, what Hubby heard and what she confirmed to him was a shock. Who wouldn't be shocked? It's all about trust, though. Yes, she should've been more honest, right out of the gate. Would he have married her, though? We'll never know, since it wasn't covered in this tale. It is what it is. He never even asked, though, so she didn't outright lie to him. Lie by omission? You could make that argument, of course. But she didn't want to scare him off. Like I said, it is what it is. No changing that part.

She regretted not coming clean sooner, though. The whole debacle was a situation that nobody could've predicted. It comes under the all-inclusive category of Shit Happens. The most important thing, to me at least, is that she resisted the temptation to stray, during their whole relationship. That wasn't just about "protecting her investment." That was about love. She could've cheated and probably gotten away with it, but she wanted to leave her slut days behind her. She loves him, in spite of her history.

Maybe another paragraph on the end, where they went to couples counseling, or she got psychiatric help for her sex addiction, or both, would have brought some better closure, here. Secrets and lies are bad. On that, I agree. But if you never ask, your spouse doesn't have any need to reveal their sexual history, unless they have, or previously had an STD. Then it's required by law.

I never ask my wife about her ex-boyfriends or ex-girlfriends, and she doesn't ask about my ex-girlfriends, either. I admit, our situation is quite a bit different from the one in this tale. Maybe that influenced my point of view, a bit. Yes, she and I have been best friends since we were 5. Yes, we told each other pretty much everything when we were growing up, and we have a bond built on trust and love.

The important things got worked out in this tale, though. Good emotional drama. Wifey also learned the true value of honesty.

I'll just say this one more time, though. SHE STAYED FAITHFUL!

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 8 years ago
the hardest part

The hard part for the husband to get over is going to be that she entered into the marriage as a gold-digging fraud.

She may love him for the man he is now, but what she loved about him at the beginning was his income.

After someone shows you they are capable of that level of deceit it is very hard to trust them.

green117green117almost 8 years ago
about decisions made and how they are made...

So... you are concerned about a story where the wife makes a considered judgement about who she will marry?

You should perhaps be more concerned if she only wanted him for his big dick? If you are in it for the long run, sexual function is not guaranteed, ya know...

If'n you get involved with someone 'cause they are brunette with a swimsuit models' body, then you are getting what you deserve... but the husband character was also working to improve the life of the woman and to upgrade her sense of self, so the "'cause she's hot" justification is not the end of the story.

What I am trying to get to here is that the wife's judgement that he was worth it, regardless of (her) sexual problems, is not a bad thing. She had issues - she was afraid that if she let loose she would lose herself again. Hard for her to have a full and satisfying sexual connection in that case, regardless of the husbands' skills.

At the end of the story, she promises him: "I swore never to hold anything back again"... which is the recipe for them to make the sex work. And at the very end, she has a transformative pregnancy test in her hand... she hopes. Was the pregnancy test a stand in for a transformation of their sexual lives as well? Who knows...

green-something

JounarJounaralmost 8 years ago

Irondragon you keep going on about the stuff that happened in collage over and over even when it has nothing to do with the points various posters have made. Wifey staying faithful and not cheating is what your spouse is supposed to do and none of the posters you're arguing with have claimed the wife in this story had cheated on her husband. She sure as hell cheated him out of a loving and honest relationship tho as he ended up with a woman who lied about loving him and just used him for years.

Are you really saying it's partly hubby's fault he's in this situation because he never asked "do you really love me or are you just a gold digger after my money"? Regretting not being honest with someone after your lies have been discovered tends not to hold much weight with the person who been deceived. You also never address the fact Matt would of had to put up with a mediocre sex life but that's OK I guess as the gold digger is FAITHFUL! Well at least for the moment or until a better meal thicket comes along.

The situation she ended up in would easily have been predicted by anyone with half a brain as of course things go pear shaped when it's discovered your a fraud and have lied about every part of your relationship right from the start. Despite the bullshit written in the last few paragraphs, most normal peoples trust would be just be to far gone to ever get back in a similar situation.

Twocrows nailed it perfectly regarding how damaged Matts trust would be. After all if she could not only pull the wool over his eyes so well and for so long and be prepared to just use him as callously as she had planned, what's to stop her dropping him like a rock if a rich guy she does lust after comes along?

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 8 years ago
Allllllllrighty then!

@Jounar

I addressed the trust issue. I also pointed out that people can change for the better. I know for a fact that people can, and do change for the better. You seem to be saying people can't change. Did I say everything would be hunky-dory in their relationship now? No. I pointed out that another paragraph, or maybe even two, detailing how they went to marriage counselling and/or getting Wifey some shrink help for her sex addiction, might have brought better closure. RG didn't put in a paragraph like that, though. You must have missed that part in my previous comment. Whatever, though. This tale is FICTION, as in NOT REAL LIFE.

I know, right? Mind blowing, isn't it? o.0

FD45FD45almost 8 years ago
A woman with a Past

Most women have them. Most are silent about them. Even their crushes. And for good reason. Women may FEEL jealous. Men tend to act on these feelings with fights or murder suicides. The clichéd 'parking lot night assault'. So her silence is understandable.

The quality of writing for the most part was stellar. It ended, not with a bang but a whimper, but that is how he wanted to end it. Richard did not 'stick' the ending, and he used his Suspension of Disbelief card for the realtor fucking a stranger in a short meeting with WITNESSES wandering around the house. It was a fucking OPEN HOUSE! But again, we need to give authors these little coincidences and strange occurrences to move the story along.

So I have little to say about the story per se. Well done in tone, pacing and realistic characters. Ending did not satisfy, but that is me.

I want to talk about THIS woman as a character and a problem the husband faces. Alas, what makes her realistic makes her also dislikable. She was pragmatic about who and what she wanted. Most men want a woman to be madly and emotionally in love with them. They want that 'short circuit' to her heart...just as they fear their women having the same with some other man. It isn't fear of a strange cock, but of someone having a stronger emotional connection and destroying all they invested.

**A** woman who did a lot of sex, even had threesomes and pulled trains is not a problem. Sex is sex. This was fun, she ticked it off her 'bucket' list, but now she is ready and willing to move on. "I was young and stupid' is a credible answer to this issue.

THIS woman is a problem. She wants it. She longs for it again. She is fully addicted to it.

Now, her lack of drive, her denial, her 'vanilla' nature was not a problem as long as he had his flawed perception of her nature. That is in the past.

She CANNOT up her sexual game with her husband. So he is left with the knowledge that tens and hundreds of men have experienced her magic mouth, her perfect fuckable ass, her PASSION. A normal woman 'going through a phase' could do all these things. It is 'no big deal' for a normal woman. All she has done is change how many have access to her 'happy fun zones'.

As described by this wife, it is a VERY big deal for HER!

HE, her husband, her chosen, her supposed soul mate (well...we know that is a lie) will ALWAYS be denied her Passion. And frankly, the way she selected him means she was NEVER passionate about him!

Much like their couch, he was an implement in her life that she selected after spending time looking at size, color, style and 'bounce'. A bloodless choice.

While she did not reveal this, most likely he has to suspect it now.

This situation is corrosive to their marriage IF he choses to dwell on it. And if some men can get over horrible family, a nasty medical condition, stupidity, or being cuckolded, he MIGHT be able to get over this. She is not in a strong position relationship wise, however.

But it is a serious uphill climb...which is why, when I sit at the basecamp, all I see is that this is the BEGINNING of a story, not the end. All this did was establish a bigger conflict.

A last quibble about the writing. The most important conversation in the entire piece should have been the wife's reveal to her husband. Instead, you narrated or implied everything. In her segment, you had her go over piece by piece everything she did, thus pulling all the emotional weight out of the story. It would have been much better crafted if these revelations would have been given TO THE HUSBAND and dealt with HIS emotional reactions.

Instead we got another bloodless post facto analysis of what she related elsewhere. "Oh...she told me (undisclosed) stuff and I was sad but I got better". Where is the punch in that? Just Plain Bob is good at writing a dramatic reveal and he always keeps it first person and IN THE STORY, not the narration.

It reminds me yet again of "Crime and Punishment Chapter 4". The major subplot of some wife being beaten by a State Senator was never displayed, and barely told. Instead people told us about it who weren't there and had nothing to do with it.

The spotlight, the action and the reveals should be NOW and CURRENT, not told in a third person manner. This would have meant another 1/2 Lit Page to do it justice, but as you can see from some of the comments, they felt the lack as well.

I say this, but these are quibbles. It was an interesting and exploratory story and I was on the edge of my seat wondering where you were going with most of it.

You are on my 'must read' list, so when you want to shoot your screen when reading my comments, always keep that in mind.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
"Prehistoric Male Thinking"

"Look what she did in her wild college days was her own business. You do not expect to go into a marriage today with a virgin ,why would you want one?"

For fuckssake, I don't know what you people are smoking.

For every minute of the last ten thousand years men and women both have been extremely concerned with exactly what it is a young woman has been up to her whole life; who her family is, how she spends her time, what her talents are, etc. Every possible consideration was made to determine a woman's suitability for a particular marriage.

But now you're gonna toss all of those things out the window and fly blind. Is that right?

I'm not overwhelmed with the depth of your thinking.

chytownchytownalmost 8 years ago
Good Read****

Thanks for sharing.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasteralmost 8 years ago
What an anon just said

What an anon just said sums up the btb crowd on this site perfectly.

"For every minute of the last ten thousand years men and women both have been extremely concerned with exactly what it is a young woman has been up to her whole life; who her family is, how she spends her time, what her talents are, etc. Every possible consideration was made to determine a woman's suitability for a particular marriage."

And it speaks volumes to the levels of sexism and backwards, ignorant thinking here that I'm guessing a large percentage of the crowd here sees nothing at all wrong with reducing all women to objects being judged by wether they are good enough to marry a man or not. Probably the average btb commenter here is nodding their head, muttering about PC culture or making America great again. And that's the crowd the angry, bitter, violent btb authors here cultivate and then do nothing about when they start harassing and threatening other readers and authors alike.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 8 years ago
try that and tell us how it works

'he never asked "do you really love me or are you just a gold digger after my money"?'

Just ask your fiancee that question.

After you get out of the hospital for having the engagement ring removed from (pick a bodily orifice) you can tell us how well that worked.

frontlinecasterfrontlinecasteralmost 8 years ago

I'm sorry, ID, that I point out the misogyny and anger that your audience has and that drives them I like your stories that you'd rather ignore.

Just like I'm sorry that your political party is being shown to be racist, misogynist and violent in a way I'm sure you don't like.

(Those were lies, I'm not sorry at all. I am curious how many times you'll declare I'm beneath responding to this time while still clearly obsessing over everything I say. Probably while secretly imagining your wife cheating on you like most of the btb guys clearly do.)

IronDragonIronDragonalmost 8 years ago
ROFL

First of all, Not. My. Problem. I take responsibility for MY actions. I don't take responsibility for the actions of others, especially since I've done NOTHING to encourage them. If you knew ANYTHING about personal responsibility, you'd know that! Man, you're like the idiots who sue a record label or rock band because a Heavy Metal or Rap music CD was the last thing a mentally unstable teenager listened to before they committed suicide or went on a shooting rampage! Seriously? The hell is wrong with you?! You're the one blaming people for shit that isn't their fault.

Second of all. Not. A. Repub. That's you, toolbox. You go right ahead and support that Angry Oompaloompa all you want! I'm sure he could use your oh so keen observational and... ahem... "psychological" skills in his cabinet!

That was sarcasm, btw. Don't worry. I'm typing this slowly so you don't have to try and read fast. LOL

You sure have an undeservedly high opinion of yourself, FLC. I'm just trolling the troll, here. You bit! *caught and released* Too small, had to throw you back. LOL

:D

cpetecpetealmost 8 years ago
AWESOME

..not only the story-but the 100+ and counting comments being posted about the story.

Author gets a big 5* for being able to get everyone riled up and arguing about fictional people who do not exist in a non existent place!

Saxon_HartSaxon_Hartalmost 8 years ago
matt

Now Matt needs to get to sample all the skills and holes she's denied him or let her be a single mom. He can hide his income and actually get alimony from her if she wants to be controlling. Nice fresh view for this hub.

green117green117almost 8 years ago
three comments? I must have a major examination to do tomorrow...

Anywho...

The female lead does self describe as fairly cold blooded and heartless about romance vis a vie Matt... but she also self describes as an addict, and in particular a sex addict. Remember, she is written as: ' I loved him with my head and hoped all the rest would follow.' and 'It wasn't that I loved sex. It was a physical craving that was near irresistible.' I think the "wasn't that I loved sex" is truly informative isolated... addicts, compulsive people engaged in compulsive behaviors, are not necessarily having any fun at all.

Addiction is not fun, and a sex addict wouldn't just be a happy party girl. In fact, it would almost certainly include serious self destructive behavior, which this narrative indicates is so. What would such an addict do, to go cold turkey, to recover their lives? What level of control of themselves and their environment would they (she, here) have to evidence?

Now, would I get involved with a "sex addict"? Probably not - I am a bit leary of other peoples neuroses. Is Matt getting a good deal? Hard to say - if you think getting the sex addict is better than the controlling, clearly bitchy woman, who even so has enough self respect to out herself when she was clearly in the wrong... hard to say, but I agree with the author and the protagonist that I lean towards the bitch.

What does the author write into the story towards the end? She promises "I swore never to hold anything back again", which in my read includes her sexuality... which was possible because "my husband promised to love me no matter what". What happened as a result? "If I had known love before it was a pale shadow of what enveloped me that night. There was no sex." which is the proper narrative for a sexual addict. And now, she is pregnant, and hopes the problems are over... no chance of that, as those of us with children know.

If you ask me, I'd say that the last line was the weakest in the entire piece... but again, happily ever after is a fairy tale, which this story is not.

So, I don't want to burn the female protagonist as much as many on this board. I see many of the last lines as supporting a very romantic happily ever after. I constantly revisit my interpretation as I read - if you get into a rut in your interpretation ("what a cold and calculating bitch!") then I think you chance missing the changes signaled by the author.

YMMV

green-something

(by the way - the use of "my Jess" is perhaps the author showing something about the tendency to "own" your interpretation of other people.)

dissmissdissmissalmost 8 years ago
wild oats and fantasies

I always thought the time to be adventurous, wild and whatever, was before you got married. So what did she do wrong ?

All the boys, given the opportunity, are going to be doing the same.

So she acts more demure as a wife ....... well, it is kind of expected.

I don't think too many men would appreciate a wife taking too much of a lead in the bedroom .....truthful answers to certain questions could damage the fragile male ego.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 8 years ago
Incomplete

You didn't take the tale far enough. Yes I believe she has been faithful during their marriage. I also believe she is trying her best to hold back her urges. However, is it fair that her husband has to be subjected to vanilla, plain, boring sex because it might increase her urges? It's actually not fair to both of them. So where would their marriage go from here? Yes, she's pregnant but what after? Needs another chapter.

no rating

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous