All Comments on 'Naked Portraits Pt. 16'

by eagelwolf

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Wow

Devastating

Wandering_MinstrelWandering_Minstrel6 months ago

This 16th part of Naked Portraits was posted more than seven years ago. In addition, the 'information' file for the multi-part story indicates that, to date, author has not closed out the story to further development. Since I finished reading this last part, I have spent far too much time scouring the net for evidence concerning this story and its author. I have attempted to track down the mysterious EagelWolf, look for any signs that "Naked Portraits" was continued on another site, or even track down clues in the "meta-story" surrounding the story. So far, however, i have found no clues as to the fate of the author or their rather haunting story.

.

Aside from the extreme problems with spelling (for example: as far as I can determine 'where', 'were', and 'we're', all have the spelling, 'were'), Naked Portraits is a well ploted, if meandering, story with very good character development. As I read the story, at various points was certain that the author must be a woman, but shortly after would find myself convinced the author was a man. That demonstrated to me the skill of the author in identifying with and understanding the characters of each gender in the story.

.

I especially enjoyed the "meta-story", as it were, that followed the fictional "development story" interwoven with the story itself. It is reminiscent of the use of this same device in "The Princess Bride". I remember that, after a determined but ultimately fruitless research effort on my part, my dad had to finally explain to me that S. Morgenstern was a lterary device. A few months after that, we adopted a puppy and I actually named the poor thing S. Morgenstern in honor of the character from the book. When we took the puppy to the Vet for her first visit, there was sooo much confusion about just exactly what the initial 'S' stood for. (heh) I felt quite vindicated as they were all much older and therefore more wise than I.

.

So in the end, there is no evidence as to the fate of the mysterious EagelWolf (is the misspelling of Eagle accidental or intentional) nor what the author had in mind for the characters in the story. My personal theory is that the author got too close to some truth and was sacrificed to an erupting volcano during their trip to Hawaii. (heh) A more likely, although more mundane, theory is that EagelWolf's startup had an unexpectedly successful IPO and the resulting "fame and fortune" ended the author's fledgling literary excursion.

.

Whatever the truth may be, it seems that EagelWolf and "Naked Portraits" will remain just another abandoned storyline authored by an unknown individual whose fate will remain forever unknown after an unexpected detour into a place we call...

.

The Twilight Zone

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous