All Comments on 'Nature's Calling'

by VampGirl1991

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
beautiful

beautiful story, beautiful characters, beautiful scenery ;)

avidreadravidreadrabout 12 years ago
GREAT STORY

An excellent story with great characters and plot. It flowed along at a natural pace and all the relationships seemed natural, as well. I positively adore Ethan, his sarcasm and sense of humor, and the way he dealt with his confusion. The ending also appealed to me, an ending and a beginning at the same time. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Would love to see this romance progress

Please!

carlieplumcarlieplumabout 12 years ago
Love your use of language

Really a pleasure to read. I laughed out loud a few points (the points you were meant to laugh at!).

RahtidRahtidabout 12 years ago
loved it!!!

Your writing is filled with such imagery painting a beautiful picture for the reader…..i thoroughly enjoyed every word and look forward to reading more of your stories…

GobletHolly182GobletHolly182about 12 years ago
delightful

the clever turns of phrase flowed really well throughout (personal favorite was "the weather forecast never factored me into the equation.") amazing job of building tension and attraction with a shocking dearth of actual words exchanged between the two men. i agree with mol - that incomprehensible magnetism that flies out of nowhere to knock you head over heels and leave you punch drunk and infatuated is SO romantic (admittedly for a value of 'incomprehensible' that involves a lot of stunning male beauty, lol). loved the sex.

VampWriterVampWriterabout 12 years ago
Greatest

This is hands-down my favorite story ever on Lit. You're an amazing writer, and the humor of this piece was perfectly timed. Just the right length and the right conclusion. You have my vote.

VampGirl1991VampGirl1991about 12 years agoAuthor
Thank you!

Thank you, thank you, thank you-- okay, let me stop here 'cause I could probably go on and on. I'll summarize with a, "Infinite thanks!" You're all frickin' fantastic!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
TOO AWESOME

You're an excellent writer. The humor was great and well-timed. The story was excellent- it's hard to find a story that has so much love and happiness. I love it I love it I love it! Would it be a stretch to say you should totally write stories full-time? ;P

SusukiRedd99SusukiRedd99about 12 years ago
I Love This

Please write a sequel

I loved this. So sweet and fluffy.

Aaaa~ <333

metajinxmetajinxabout 12 years ago

I started to read this because i saw the 1-star-rating some idiot gave it in the beginning, and I wanted to see what that was all about. I couldn't find any reason for such a low voting, but I must admit that the story didn't capture me that much. There are loads of unclear situations in it, things that irritate and make it hard to dive into the story. Lots of side tracks, lots of stuff mentioned that doesn't get explained but stays on the reader's mind. I think this story would have been much easier to like if you had concentrated on Kieran and Ethan.

cliffgirl08cliffgirl08about 12 years ago
Oh, the longing

What an absolutely beautiful story. You have a way with words that built the tension of Ethan and Keiran's unspoken, near unwanted desire for each other. Poetic perfection.

91ndsykes91ndsykesabout 12 years ago

Gotta a 5 from me and wish I could vote higher.

khyss_thysskhyss_thyssabout 12 years ago
Best use of contest subject

I have read all the contest submissions in this category and this is the best so far.

honestsoulhonestsoulabout 12 years ago
don't hav enough words.

you are the one.. You hav captured the essence of the contest material and built up a story that exists in the most symbiotic manner..great characters and emotions..AND there's a dose of humour to boot..loved it.. ABSOLUTEFUCKINGFANTASTIC !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Stunningly beautiful

This was just so beautifully written and delivered. The development of the two main characters was perfect, their story woven so romantically against the most ideal setting. The way they first watched each other before hesitantly drawing closer was portrayed so gently. I breathed this in from the first word. Loved it...and them. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
THE...sob...best...sob

Loved this story the realistic points and emtional turmoil were just added to make it the best thing ive read in sooooo long. Id give you all my chocolate chip cookies if you could top this...gush...gush.... :)

sunairasunairaabout 12 years ago
More please

Ethan is fanfukintastic. The whole buildup was WOW and u got me wishing for my own outdoor shower for purposes other than bathing :P Please give us a sequel. There are loatsa possibilities....Kieran's side of story, Kieran's dad, taking it out of the woods, lots of angst and more hot sex. Bet u cn think up more. Dont stop here please its been a while i laughed and cried reading the same story here!!!

Good luck with the contest. Got a fiver frm me!!

canndcanndabout 12 years ago

really sweet story. There was humor included which I enjoyed. Overall a great story. The only thing I'd have liked would have been to have Kieran's history told by him. It didn't satisfy me to hear Molly give the general confirmation that his father had hurt him so severly. I'd havmee enjoyed getting to see them begin their relationship when it got to the end. But, I really enjoyed the story. I want that cabin! :)

fulkit147fulkit147about 12 years ago
to be continued

I hope That there is more to come.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
again again AGAIN!!!!!!!!!

OMG! I was on edge the entire time. This is what real romance is. Congratz! :)

toppsy0turvvytoppsy0turvvyabout 12 years ago
Pleasel, please make this a series

I am not going to say the story was rushed at the end because it wasn't. I understand the need to make this a stand-alone for the contest. But surely you could come back and give us details of Ethan and Kieran settling in together, fighting Kieran's past and learning about each other. And you used the theme of the competition in a way that didn't just throw the outdoors into a random story. It was fully PART of the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
DA-YUM.

This story was very well written! The characters and their actions seemed very real and the reactions to be well thought out. Great job! One of the best I've read

alexandra36alexandra36about 12 years ago
WOW!!!

I left this site for a while just because none of my fave writers ever writes anything anymore although one's coming out soon which I'm looking forward to.

WOW!! This story made me smile, laughed, and SO romantic in Ethan's sort of way. :) Loved, loved it and, I agree, you should make it in to a series. I'm hoping so anyway.

A couple of things, who inflicted the scars? Was it his dad because, Kieran, said he's never been closed to anyone else so I'm assuming it was his dad. Also, I would of appreciated an epilogue. Sure, it was nice how you ended it but it seems abrupt. Anyway, enjoyed your story immensely and I hope you win the contest. Very nice, indeed!

Good luck and cheers!! :)

P.S. I'm so glad you didn't come up with a lame title...sheeessshhhh...dunno what this site is coming down to but a lot of newbie writers coming out of the wood work and coming up with the lamest titles...very annoying and not worth reading, not to me, anyway.

ViperChickViperChickabout 12 years ago
AMAZING!

OMG! This was unbelievable! First story I read on here and I'm already in love!!

I read some of the other comments on here and not sure I agree with some. I mean, Kieran's past seemed to be talked about enough, making it clear his father abused him.

Absofuckinglutely incredible!! Keep it up!! Please!

nomoretears00nomoretears00about 12 years ago
OMG

Absolutely one of the best stories I read. Someone posted on my FB about this, and I'm so glad they did! I have my fingers crossed this places; would just tickle me pink if it came in first! And it should, it's that good. It's five stars all the way from me. :)

If no one has warned you about these contest, get ready for a bumpy ride, lol. The score will jump around as the contest ends and the sweeps start. That's normal. (*grin* I've entered a few, lol)

Best of luck!

~M

VampGirl1991VampGirl1991about 12 years agoAuthor
Thanks

Here's a second heaping of thank you's! You all are so awesome!! And to nomoretears00, thank you for the warning. This is my first contest so I wasn't sure what to expect from it. Now I'm a little more prepared. Lol. Thank you again. :)

58746teyo58746teyoabout 12 years ago
In Love With Your Style

A friend sent me here to read your story and said that you and three other writers would be worthwhile to check out. I have never read gay literature before. It was quite an eye opener but in a fantastic way. What stood out to me was these two men in love with each other, one (Kieran) knows he's gay and wants the other (Ethan) but is afraid of scaring him away because he won't listen to his heart tell him he's attracted. You can actually feel the tug of war between them like it's a physical thing and you're there. That is talent.

NightTempestNightTempestabout 12 years ago
Wow wow wow

I hope and pray your story takes it home in the contest. Wonderful and well developed characters, the plot was well thought out, I could feel their emotions, and I just plain enjoyed it. Five Stars honeyand good luck to you!

Xoxo Night

ToscabuToscabuabout 12 years ago
This line is great:

He was pulling me, as surely as if he was magnetized and I was just a little paper clip too light to resist...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
First gay story to give me a boner

I dont read gay stories i didnt even realize it until half way through the first page because it was in the earth contest area. But your writing style was great and i wasnt finding anything good today so i decided to carry on with reading your plot line. And as a straight male that is strongly confidant in my heterosexual orintation i must say your story gave me a boner. However, i now feel like i have to go read a million straight vagina blowing stories to offset this predicament you have put me in. But at least this story was written by a girl so im at least happy about that.

Also the movie limitless is f*cking awesome.

LillywritingLillywritingalmost 12 years ago
LOVE!!!

I have read this story several times and it just gets better with each reading! The characters are wonderful, the emotions real, beautiful, and heart wrenching... I have a feeling this is no where near the last time I will read this!

TimothyMTimothyMalmost 12 years ago

Poor Ethan, he struggles so hard against his own feelings, but the reader knows it will be in vain, just like Molly does. But it's fun and tense and erotic to follow, mainly due to the snide little comments he makes on his own silly denials. Just awesome. Please write more stories for us.

LifoLifoabout 11 years ago
This is no end

This is no end for me.There's more to this story eg the deadly threats from the multi billion dad,Karien's point of view.this story is fantabuliscious;whatever that means

LavonyaLavonyaabout 11 years ago
MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please?

Can you write a sequel? This is such a good story that there has to be more to it that that... /Right/? O_o

tac_naynwafflestac_naynwafflesalmost 11 years ago
Dear VampGirl1991

You are freaking awesome. Seriously.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Min blowing

This reminds me of my first boyfriend... together for three years then we split over silly arguments... we were devastated individually, so much so that he took his own life. I have and always will love him more than anyone ever again...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wow

I've never read a better gay male story on this site. Probably at all.

possession66possession66almost 10 years ago
really good

all i can say is precious

Bluepoohstar08Bluepoohstar08over 1 year ago

omg AMAZING! LOVED IT

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous