All Comments on 'Navigating The New Divide'

by Samuelx

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Because Haiti has a great thing going.

Really, this is ignorant. I mean, only white people have done these things? Have you heard of the powerful Chinese empires? The Mongol hordes? The Turks? The brutal Aztecs who killed so many that bloody subjugation probably SAVED lives (not that I support imperialism)? Or, I dunno, Africans? The Hutus and the Tutsis? The fact that 90% of slaves that came from Africa were sold to white people by black people? Hell, more enslaved blacks died crossing the Sahara to serve in Middle Eastern countries than did crossing the Atlantic.

It's sad that while the Jews, the most prosecuted ethnic group through history, build themsevles a country and defend it doggedly (not that they don't make mistakes), that blacks have taken to simply claiming to be a victim. Every group on earth that has ever had the chance has persecuted others. Africa had empires too, y'know. The fact that Europeans happen to be the ones that have done it most recently, and on the largest scale, at the same time you live is coincidence. Hell, it may very well end up being Asians who conquer space (and talking about genocide, remember the Killing Fields? Or, well, Mao, the greatest mass murderer in history?)

But, I see your point. After all, virtually everything you use in your trade, the basis of all english, most the things in your entire, day-to-day life, were invented by white guys. So they must suck, right? Go be prejudiced somewhere else, having this here is killing my boner.

TransverseTransverseover 14 years ago
Agree with Anonymous

I don't understand what you mean by the "old ways." Racism between blacks and whites is relatively new in comparison to the history of the world. The rise of Europe was a fairly recent thing-it really only started after the Thirty Years War ended in 1648, and the warring city-states of Europe decided to stop bloodletting and start raising some money. Before that, China was the greatest world power, along with the Ottoman Empire in the middle east. Before them, it was someone else, and before them, it was someone else. The U.S. and Europe just happen to be the ones on top right now; it won't last forever. Nothing does. And as far as giving an example of a Black-run democratic republic, Haiti might not be your best bet. Using it as an example isn't going to motivate anybody to have more faith in colored people. Go with an African country.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Hypocritical drivel from a weak mind,

I cannot think of one African country that is better governed now after nearly 50 years of independence. The last time Haiti was in the news here was due to a school collapse due to poor construction. Sammy when your people get past building mud huts perhaps you can start to worry about the rest of us. Until then look closer to home for the source of your troubles.-- UK CYNIC

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Here we go again

Another steaming stink pile of writing.

lancewmlancewmover 14 years ago
Don't ever expect to find intelligence here

The man just writes to listen to himself pretend to be a writer. He fools only himself and a few people who have never grown up. A little boy in a man's body playing with himself.

DeckviewDeckviewover 14 years ago
He pretends to be an author

by accumulating enough of his vacuous "stories" into a self-published book. I can imagine him, with his "books" around him to impresses his friends, sitting back and expounding on the big issues of our times. Narcissism at play!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Yeah well...

You haven't reckoned with the likes of Henry Kissinger and Zbignieuw Bryzinski, Sport.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSamuelx@Samuelx
I am Samuelx. I am Black. I am Male. I was born in Cap-Haitien, Northern Haiti, and raised in Brockton, Massachusetts. I now live in Canada. I am the one and only Haitian Trickster, and quite simply live only by my own rules. I...