All Comments on 'Necromancer Chronicles Pt. 11'

by Magicwrtr

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
redlion75redlion75almost 9 years ago

just couldnt get into this one

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
beg to differ

Right up to excellent standard Magic. Your thawing young necromancer is a good characterisation with promise of an interesting story arc.

PentafelixPentafelixalmost 9 years ago
Hooked again..

Agreed. I'm constantly amazed by your ability to take minor characters and make me feel strongly about them quickly. Thanks!

ironsoldier80ironsoldier80almost 9 years ago
Great continuation

I particularly love the way you illustrate the bigotry of humans.

cittrancittranalmost 9 years ago
What really scares me about any reality in which ALL humans get powers...

Is exactly this.

The fucking nutcases. I mean, sure, people will eventually figure out HOW to keep them contained, but the real question is will they even care enough to do it?

History says no.

And that saddens me.

Luckily, this is all hypothetical, and it makes for a damn convincing story!

observer7observer7almost 9 years ago
Lol! You had to go there...

Redlion, you know what they say--the devil is in the details. That poor Christian woman first posted the home address and phone number of the lesbian couple who asked for the cake on her Facebook page (very professional). The couple received death threats and harassment from the lovely Christians with medieval understanding. The argument about birth control is that corporations are not people; an entity with changing humans in command is not able to make a decision as a human being. Read the Satanic Temple's letter of exemption for the Missouri abortion law and see how it shows Hobby Lobby as a pseudo religious farce. And yes, you are racist if you think "just the bad thugs" is a worthwhile destinction. They are all human, there is a reason and a history behind it you never look at.

Historically, Christians have been some of the worse at torturing and harrassing others to force them to do what is against their beliefs. I love that you actually think Christians are being tortured. Want to look at some real torture? Read about Christopher Columbus and his ACTUAL voyage, which included written accounts of ten year old native girls being abducted for the explicit reason of selling them as sex slaves in Europe.

You know what is actually happening now with that power? "My religion protects my right to be an intolerant, violent asshole with an understanfing of the world that is two centuries or more out of date!" isn't an acceptable defense anymore. You are required to try to be a decent fucking human being, with an offer of enlightenment, empathy, and compassion. Kind of what Jesus taught in the first place.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Us And Them

The vast majority of humans think that way. Just like most people don't think of themselves as villains. "We" are right and good, "they" are wrong and bad. Theorists say it showed up as a survival benefit while rocks and sticks were the latest tech. For the small percentage of humans who lack that particular mutation, or who have a weak version of it, the rest appear to be entirely crazy.

It's part of what makes this story as believable as it is, an a sad commentary on humanity at the same time.

redlion75redlion75almost 9 years ago

again observer you pick and choose.i never said who is right or wrong, i simply stated the sides as they stand now.i know the bad things done in the name of christ to the natives in the new world,but just like the people that want restitution for slavery from me.it was done over 100yrs before i was born so kiss my ass.these days if you are a christian in the middle east or europe you can be murdered by muslims and the liberals here just say they are misunderstood and we should just talk to them.if you are a homosexual in the middle east you are beheaded or thrown from a tower.then the morons here march in the streets carrying signs saying muslims and gays unite against the hateful christians.it has become almost a crime to be straight,white, and christian in the states.muslims want to come here for a better life fine and good on them,but dont demand that my kids pray to allah or that my catholic church take down the crosses because they move into the parish and are offended.local butchers and pig farmers are being sued by new muslims in town because they are offended by the pork,guess who was here first and is losing so as not offend their religion.

observer7observer7almost 9 years ago
*blows kiss*

Really, I am just laughing at the white guys who, instead of taking responsibility for his own actions in his own reality blames the fact that he will never have the power that his father and grandfather had because the world has changed and that way of life is going away. Kicking and screaming you will be dragged along like a child rather than an equal. It makes you a hindrance and an adversary, not the poor, pitiable underdog you think you are.

Anyway, kind of busy so I'll be off. Have a nice day, sweetcheeks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Observer

Sweetcheeks goddamit lol šŸ˜†

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Hey Observer

I will just say that as it appears to me being a neutral in the middle YOU are being the offensive ASS here. Take your bullshit and leave.

Nobody but you brought up News stories about others.

Personally, I think the Bakery is free to not make a cake for anyone. It is them losing business, not you. I do not condone them posting anything about the gay couple online. Not that I have looked into it but this is the first I heard of that, Thus it sounds like misinformation to me.

Hobby Lobby can stay closed on Sunday and not offer health care that disagrees with their religion. Anyone is free to not work there or get independent health coverage.

Any other solution is infringing The rights of the ones that own the business.

Your rights END when they intrude on the rights of the next person.

Now:

You don't like the story? Quit reading it. You like it, Leave a positive comment.

All the rest of the crap is not connected to the story.

Personally I find the story interesting and on point about human nature.

Most of us are benevolent in general unless you cross us.

Some are just evil minded hateful assholes. Stalin, Mussolini, and Hitler come to mind.

Certain Islamic Leaders are getting there as well.

Don't go there. The Majority will come around and eliminate such individuals.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous