Negotiations

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Whitestone is a single town and thirteen villages, 25 000 souls under their protection in these dangerous times.

She finds the letter among a stack of papers, estimating the next wheat harvest.

... My ministers speak with great delight about the productive whitestone, copper, iron and coal mines on your territory, cousin. Even more they exhort the ingenuity of your distilling process and the interesting things you are doing with Golems. In these uncertain times it pays to know you friends, mylord. Your town is prosperous and, if we can agree to the bridge project, will soon grow rich. Many an unfriendly eye will turn towards it. Therefore I offer a formal renewal of the old alliance between our houses, co-financing the bridge with 20 000 gold talents and the protection of Westmark in form of 500 heavy horse, should the need arise, to be sealed by marriage contract. I have several eligible daughters, should you find my offer agreeable you are free to visit and pick the one, which will serve you best...
Signed with the Seal of His Grace Bertram of House Wendel, third of his name, Lord of the West, Middle and Eastmark, High Protector of Eisenstadt

She sets the letter down and stars long into the blinding, white light of the winter morning.

12