Nev and Max (A Love Story) Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He then added a little more quietly, "It hurt me too, ya know?"

Nev didn't realize he was gripping his coffee cup so hard until he felt Max's soft hands cover his. He slowly released the cup and let his hands slip into Max's. Nev slowly looked up and met Max's eyes. As much as he had put him through in the years they had known each other, that stare was still so full of love. Nev felt overwhelmingly lucky and very much unworthy of it, but starting today, he was going to show Max how he felt. No. More. Hiding.

Before he could think about the crazy stunt he was about to pull, he lurched forward and met Max's lips with his own. Fireworks were going off in his chest and behind his eyelids. He hadn't had time to think about the butterflies moment before a first kiss, so now it felt like they were hitting him all at once.

Nev sat back in his seat and smiled like a Cheshire cat. A bit of blush crept up his cheekbones. The shocked look on Max's face was beyond priceless. He wished he had a camera to capture that look. As it just so happened, there was a camera on the table to his left. He grabbed it and began to fiddle with it.

"Just hold that look for a sec while I figure out how to work this thing. That look on your face is priceless."

Max really did try to but the look became compromised by a smile that he couldn't contain. Nev didn't know how to work the camera, but it was adorable watching him try.

Max laid his hands on Nev's wrists and pulled him into another kiss. Even on Nev's nice days, he had never pulled something like this. Nev had never showed him any affection, especially in public. He wanted to get the most out of this before he changed his mind.

Then he thought about where they were. They were in a little diner in the south. This was not the place for PDA with someone of the same sex. As if the emphasize his point, a waitress walked up with a coffee pot. Max broke off the kiss and prepared for the verbal abuse this waitress was about to deal out.

Instead she grabbed Max's cup and smiled, then said in a thick southern accent, " You know that's real sweet. We don't get many of y'all in here. Especially not ones that are so openly affectionate." She put his cup down and grabbed Nev's. " How long y'all been together?"

Max began to talk but he was blushing so hard Nev didn't think he was going to say anything. So he just blurted out, "We just started dating." He put his hand over Max's, "Right babe?"

Max looked like he just won tickets to Disneyworld. All he could manage was to nod his head at the woman with a smile.

She accepted that with a smile of her own, and sat Nev's cup back down. "If anybody 'round here gives y'all any trouble, just send 'em my way."

Her nametag read "Naomi" and she certainly looked like she could handle anyone they sent her way. Hell, she looked like she ate nails for breakfast and hit the gym everyday. She had impressive arms for a woman.

"Thanks Naomi." Max said as he sprinkled another sugar packet into his coffee.

"No problem sugar. Let me know if y'all need anything else. " She slid their ticket on the table and walked back towards the kitchen.

Nev's cell went off in his pocket. It was one of the camera guys reminding them they needed to get on the road. They had to meet the girl in-person, and they should have been on the road 20 minutes ago.

They were going to meet at a gas station down the road and get on the road from there. They left money for the food and a nice tip for Naomi on the table and headed out the door.

The thing about the south is that you never know what to expect. Southern hospitality from unlikely strangers, first kisses in diners, and finicky weather. The temperature had dropped off severely.

Nev was out the door first and on his way to get the car started and warmed up. Max had stopped to thank Naomi again and tell her that the money was on the table. He was hustling outside because he didn't want Nev to have to wait.

Max was focused on getting in the car, so he didn't know he had stepped on a patch of ice until he feet were slipping out from under him.

There is a moment when you are falling that you know you are about to hurt yourself or just your pride. Max was sure this was just going to leave him with a bruised ego and a wet butt. He thought that up until the moment the back of his head connected with the pavement.

12