All Comments on 'Never Got Over Her'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 163 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I see by your last story you are no longer around. Hopefully in good health. This was one of the few stories I thought needed some kind of ending. The one you came up with just left me feeling sad for a finish that would resolve the whole thing. I do think endings should finish all those issues you wrote about…good or bad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Amazing twist! Part 2 please. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Jim.had mental issues. He needed therapy. Because she got past their dead daughter and he couldn't, he was upset with her for not feeling the same way after 10 years, and he snuck off for his pilgrimages. That is not normal behavior. He kept his own secret and lied. No clue why she believed Carl, but she did hire a PI, who did a crappy job. His inability to forgive what she did, just shows he prefers wot wallow in pain and agony. He is incapable of reconciliation because he can't get past their daughter's death. The whole thing about not fundamentally trusting him is kind of bs. I understand why it hurts him, but his actions, while not an affair, were odd, clandestine, and deceitful. His "shielding" solution is dumb. He couldn't let go. He needed therapy and then this crap would not have happened. Yes she was duped by multiple sources. She had revenge sex with Carl, but she had wracking guilt and confessed. But hubby cannot get into her headspace about what she was thinking, and so a guilty, unenjoyed, one time slip, cannot be forgiven, and the audacity that she thought he had an affair for many years merits a divorce. Messed up. He is a broken man. His daughter's death defined too muchnof his life. Grief twas too much. He really needs counseling or therapy. Doesn't always work but his "solution" was not helping him and ended up blowing up his marriage. Is she at fault? Of course. But she made a mistake. Not andekiverate betrayal. And having a suspicion of her husband based not on only the strange trips, Carl's badmouthing and bull sh$thing, but also the botched PI (that is big btw), is nit some terrible narcissistic sin. Be real.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

Honestly, what an asshole.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Well written story. Character development was top notch.

As far as the characters go, I will agree that BOTH are at fault. He never spoke to her about his grief. She never confronted him about his "Affair" and they both went to dark places with assumptions.

This is a good example of why communication, trust, and respect HAVE to be part of a relationship.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Stupid story. He failed to communicate and she was to stupid to know that she was being taken advantage of. Just 2 completely incompetent morons. 1*

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

His fault as much as hers. Jesus, two stupid non-communicators.

sneakoneoutsneakoneout9 months ago

That was harsh. Divorcing her because she thought he had a affair

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

5 Stars as I loved the twist in this story . This shows what a talented writer you are .

Busman19639Busman19639over 1 year ago

Boy! That was quite a twist at the end. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

5 Stars on this one .. My First wife and I had a Daughter . She was My little Princess and a true Daddies girl . I caught My Ex cheating on Me so Divorce here We come . My Daughter was 16 at the time and knew about her Mother's boyfriends . The daughter never told Me and stood up in Court for her Mom saying none of it was true and that I had made it up . I am a CPA and make a Decent living . But when The boyfriend moved into My 3 Bedroom 2 bath house with a large 2 car garage . I paid her 50 thousand more if her and her daughter would take back my ex's maiden name . I am now happy with a different lady and I wish everyone nothing but the best

rn2711rn2711over 1 year ago

Sorry, pressed sent too soon

A second chapter where he realizes it, is certainly a must.

rn2711rn2711over 1 year ago

He blames her for thinking the worst but not wanting to communicate with him. She didn't want to confront him so to not cause a split.

Didn't he do the same? The big macho man shielding his wife from the pain. Was she really an equal partner in the marriage if he didn't show her his pain?

He is much to blame for the divorce. More than her fault, it was him who caused the drift.

OdessaLesOdessaLesalmost 2 years ago

I’ve known some people who were brain dead but Charlotte takes the cake.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The sadness here needs an additional chapter here. A fine writer like you can soften this ending, somewhat

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This story screams for a finish. Where are the authors out there

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow! All these negative reactions to this story beg the question; did you laugh when Bambi’s mother was killed

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

angelrider communicate goes both ways dude and brain - scooby there are no error for what jim done.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

This is dumb. He is as much to blame as her. It wasn't Charlotte's fault that he didn't communicate with her. His silence absolutely contributed to her fear and lack of trust. Only men could believe this horseshit. She was definitely wrong to cheat but he absolutely didn't help. He was as dishonest as her and this moral superiority is self serving and VERY ego centric. Man child.

Shame ss06

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyalmost 3 years ago

Sorry..but, it is just not a believable story. Going away ALONE to morn a dead child 20 years later SHOULD have been with your spouse. If you do it alone... then YOU do not think that much of your own marriage. Jim’s accusing his wife has the same ramifications back at him. She was sooooo stupid with the one-time fling with Carl. But, he did the same shitty weekend every year for ten plus years alone when it should have been with his wife!!! Jim is similarly selfish as is his wife. A marriage is of two people sharing the lives as one. Maybe another chapter with Jim seeing the error of his ways. Thanks for the story... but this one is a lose for me.

amygdalaamygdalaabout 3 years ago

Shit this reallys pulls at the old heart strings. Will there ever be a second part to this?

lee5456lee5456about 3 years ago
OMG!

If this doesn't touch your heart then you might want to check and see if you have one. Thank you for this wonderful and sad story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Sequel Needed

Excellent story needs a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What a bitch

He deserves better than a sleazy whore .

ProfesseurXProfesseurXover 3 years ago

I like many of your stories.

I read LW short stories for the emotions buzz mostly, but this one is way too sad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Inquiring minds want to know ...

I have been reading the comments, and it appears, SS06, that your story was upsetting to quite a number of your readers. As for myself, I found the story to be strangely disturbing, too, for a different reason.

Oddly, what chanced to grab my attention was a rather humorous math deficiency (obviously, "accountant" is not a likely description for your day job).

To quote a passage from a moving paragraph in your story:

[Then he said the 7 words that I'll remember forever. "I'm sorry; there was nothing we could do."]

After reading this, I couldn't help wondering; which of those words was the one he planned to forget?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Totally unbelieveable

I normally enjoy his stories, but for him to infer his wife would not remember and grieve like him during that time of the year is so far fetched it is unreal. Take from someone who has been there.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackeralmost 4 years ago
My God, that was horrible...

That is the saddest story you have ever written. It was well done, but a real heart breaker. I have never done this before, but I only gave you 2 stars. I still am your biggest fan, and I know this may be the way life works sometimes, but you crashed my week. Let us know if it will be a sad story in the preamble from now on.The Bear doesn't approve.

The BEAR

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Good story

But a really sad story. Another wife jumps the gun and makes a big mistake. She should just leave him alone.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 4 years ago
He should have included her

He is mad because he acts weird and sneaky then gets mad at her for coming to the conclusion many people would. Let him go he is being an ass to her. She cheated and to accept he won't come back for that reason alone. Both need to grow up and move on.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 4 years ago
Probably

Stangs worst story of all time.

Rolando1225Rolando1225over 4 years ago
Great story

Great story. Great imagination. It's a fantasy. Sometimes everybody loses and there are no winners in life. If people don't like that, too bad. That's how life really is. Rarely there are happy endings. Truly happy people are those you don't know well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
HAVE TO AGREE. WITH ANON 4.9.19

Jim was a sanctimonious liar. She didn't trust himm BECAUSE HE GAVE HER A REASON TO NOT TRUST HIM. His behavior was always off at that time of year,. Super concise version "I'm going to act wierd sametime every year, then divorce my wife because she doesn't trust me because I act wierd. And it's all her fault." Divorce is really a good thing because both of them are SHIIIIITY spouses.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Duh

This is just stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Jim's an asshole.

Lied to her face every year for 10 years straight, then says he's leaving her because she doesn't believe the things he tells her.

Truth is HE didn't believe in her enough to tell her the truth.

Worst part was that at the BBQ confrontation all she needed to do was say that and ask how she was supposed to know since he wasn't brave enough to tell her.

Well written story, good example of the importance of communication, but didn't really like it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Do you hate women?

Are you so incapable of liking any woman that you just have to depict them as horrible human beings that don't have a heart. This lady loved her husband, for once you could have made the husband the bad guy. But, no, you had to come up with some stupid reason to divorce a good woman. I love your stories but this time you just stuck your foot inside your mouth.

ptolmetptolmetover 5 years ago
Heartbreaking

I love this story. It shows a self-sacrificing man doing his best to protect his wife and he damage that assumptions can cause. I am happy with the story the way it is and the ending is appropriate yet I cannot help but wonder if you could find a way to let them heal and maybe find each other again. I hope you do.

Well written. Thank you for sharing.

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanaliveover 5 years ago
Grief

Losing a child or spouse is like losing an arm or leg. You adjust but you never really get over it. Good story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Quite possibly your worst

I like your writing. I do not think that I have ever given less than a 4 to any of your stories if they are 5 pages or less (your long winded redundant stories are always marked down) but this is a 2. It would be a 1 but I was told 1's are automatically tossed in the scoring.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Just Awful

The husband gave the strangest reason for a divorce. Because if his grounds that she didn’t trust him then every Literotica male character in LW stories should be different circled by their wives because they get a little suspicious and the first thing they do is not talk to the wife but hire a PI or go to RadioShack and get the spy gadgets. This story only makes sense if it’s a sarcasm piece on al the LW stories.

JohnAdp

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
A little unreal!

Women ALWAYS REMEMBER DATES! As soon as I read that the woman in the picture in his motel room DID NOT EXIST it was obvious he was grieving over someone who had died. It is a good story but shows the wife as an unreal example of womanhood. As far as falling for the friend's advances that was a cheap addition to this story and really spoiled it. I cannot believe a woman would 'revenge-cheat' on such flimsy "evidence"... and if they did they would surely get what this crazy wife got!

notredame43notredame43about 6 years ago
i agree with prev poster

You are a seriously retarded lifeform. He was paying respects to his dead child, not fucking around. did she ask no. in real life he'd clean her clock in court. Her family would disown her ass and that would be that. its a story and your reaction makes me hope you are single and barren, theres a plethora of stupid people we don't need you making more. 4 stars mustang

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Anon of 05/17/17

Take a stick of dynamite, light it, shove it up your ass and fuck yourself until it blows you useless cunt

TonyKiwiTonyKiwialmost 7 years ago
just

another stupid story by SS06, load of crap. #1. TK

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Lack of Faith

So he's divorcing her for her lack of faith in him to not have an affair? Which is an act of deception. . .but so is lying right? Which Jim did. Every year. For TEN years.

So in short it seems that he is divorcing her for her lack of faith in him, when it seems that he isn't deserving of that faith. To quote the passage from the story,

"I'm divorcing you because you have no faith in me. You don't believe in me or the things I tell you, which means that as much as you like our life together, you don't really love me."

But he wasn't telling her the truth. Plain and simple she shouldn't have believed the things that he was saying because they were untrue. Jim really needs some help, if his grief worsened after the first year and just got more worse each succeeding year.

At least Charlotte sought out some help with her problem, albeit with the wrong person.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
beautifully done

It is good story and very sad one too.I don't know about anyone else but for me losing your spouse only mean losing half off your heart not your soul but losing your child...that's really ripped off your heart and soul leaving you heartless and soulless.Believe me when I said there is nothing a man afraid off excepted losing his own blood.This maybe just a stories but in reality how often you see some one bounce back from grieving the lost off his child?and how many off the men that bounce back right after divorce regardless on what ground or reasons?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
any chance

Of a follow up?

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
LONGING FOR A LOST LOVE

affects us all in different modes, TK U MLJ LV NV

VapspegeoVapspegeoabout 8 years ago
PLEASE RETHINK ABOUT

Okay you wrote another beautiful story it made me have feelings for the main characters. You plucked my emotions with that Carl thing, which was very strong. You made me hate him. After everything was brought out at the BBQ and the description of her life after the divorce. My emotions are all over the place on this one. To me there was a large lack of communication not only with the married main characters but all of them miss-understanding and fear. She loved him, he loved her but they feared bringing pain on each other. I wonder why if they knew what he was doing anything wrong didn't the warn her or say something to her. Unless everybody was blind. I would like to read more about them I like her and him as a couple it seemed such a shame for them not to go forward together. Please add another chapter to this tail. Maybe you can get your best editor from the past to help you (The Halloween story was good).

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
interesting story

I understand how she "blocked out" the trauma of the loss of child and never connected his "affair" and the birthday. However he could have explained it years ago and invited her to visit cemetery and have cake with him in rememberance. Could be a good story for a "turn the page" follow up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Well Done

You have created a extremely good read.

For the doubters, yes some people do mourn a lost loved one for ever.

Very sad story.

calflashcalflashover 8 years ago
classic

story of the offender placing the blame on the victim. His lack of communication led to her doubts and actions - but give me a break -10 years of hiding his feelings?

Tootight1Tootight1almost 9 years ago
good story

but I couldn't get through the first part of the second page. I know shit people like carl exist, it's just that I cant stand them being alive. if I had ever witnessed such a scum bag, they would never leave the parking lot, except in a body bag. that's the emotional response this story has gotten to me. I will try to finish the story some other time. thanks for doing it.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 9 years ago
@anon. 02/01/15

Many years ago a mainstream author, whose name I have forgotten or I could give credit where credit is due, said that the difference between fiction and a true life story is that the fiction must make sense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Poor or miscommunication are weak plot devices. Too bad; interesting story idea.

The entire story hinges on people who miscommunicate, or don't communicate, and for no reason, other than to create the plot, of course. Jim's failure to communicate his grief to Charlotte. Charlotte's failure to communicate her concerns about cheating to Jim. Just made a silly prop for their eventual breakup. And her complicity in fucking Carl was just to absurd to be believable. The whole story fails upon logical analysis. Just because its fiction does not mean it does not have to make sense. But thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
great story!

Would love a follow up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Another rubbish story

Written by a total wanker. Celebrating his moronosity through these idiotic characters he's developed. Shit story man. Shit wife, seriously shit husband and so many plot holes....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Yes

They can both share the blame. Once again "Ken Phillips" Spews her vile man hating BULLSHIT. Poor thing my ass. Both she and you would be well served to learn how to take responsibility for your actions.

ken philipsken philipsalmost 10 years ago
I feel so sorry for Charlotte

HE was truly fucked in the head - not her! the poor thing, and tricked as well into extramarital sex once by a scumbag.... Horrible, horrible story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
worst ever

To try to make a hero out of someone who had problems but would not share them with his own wife. It's quite hypocritical saying she lost trust in him when he lost the same and more in her. A sad ending that should never have happened.

KarenEKarenEalmost 10 years ago
They're Both To Blame

Yes, she should have asked him what was going on with him, and for sure she should never have gone NEAR Cal, and CERTAINLY not let him seduce her.

BUT, HE should have shared his grief with her, especially once he believed that she was over hers, and he could be reasonably sure he wouldn't send her off the deep end.

Mustang88LXMustang88LXabout 10 years ago
one of the worst stories ever

This guy is way too mentally fucked up in the head. This whole mess is his fault. She would be better off with out this fucked up guy. Not very good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
lmao

I love how people think their so smart yet they can't even comprehend the story. Comprehension before commenting would be a plus to the author and not make you look like an idiot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
THAT SUCKED

She did suicide rather than chase him down. She was the love of his life and even though she was stupid,he should already have known that after twenty years. I like your stuff and yes the new mustang is better looking than than the new camaro and better yet it will have an indapendent suspenstion for it's 50th. Yes she was self centered so was he.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 10 years ago
Ditto on "One Messed Up Dude"

Very weird male character. He needs a lot of counseling. Its very hard to be sympathetic with either character, he's pretty wacked out and she has a "revenge" affair without ever talking to him. Still, after doing everything except skipping down the street chanting "I'm having an affair," its hard to think of him as anything other than a sick sanctimonious jerk. In real advanced psychology courses you study sicko problems under the rubric of Abnormal Psychology. This smells like one of those case histories. If it had been treated as a case study in abnormal psychology, it would have been very interesting. Playing it as a revenge fuck story with an odd twist on the mistaken actions of hubby is just "eh." 3*?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I won't sign this because I don't want people to see the bad side of me.

If either of these two idiots would have communicated or tried to communicate with each other this could have all been avoided. Just kill yourselves, now, if you are still too afraid to communicate and then to help the other to heal.

I am glad this was just a story because it would depress the hell out of me if it had been real, actually it depressed me anyway. No happy endings here, just a world of misery for each of them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

What utter garbage, he divorces her for not having faith in him after 10 fucking years of his lying to her, what about his faith in her? Did she not deserve to know what he was going through> asshole

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Apologies

Had to do this:

September1, Charlotte arrived early in the morning. She had to ensure she got there before Jim.

Hestitantly she approached Shannon. Tears streamed at what could have been. Tears streamed at her selfishness. Tears streamed for her husband. Tears that never should have happened, streamed down, and down.

She learned too late to stop the divorce, yet she prayed not to late to begin anew. Not rekindle but begin anew.

She knelt and kissed the headstone, "I'm so sorry Shannon."

Somber was the walk back to her car. She got in to wait. She looked at her phone, absentmindedly strumming through the memories, more tears fell for she never knew or cared to know the pain her beloved hid from her. She closed her eyes and drifted into a dream world where husband wife and daughter lived and loved the way a family should.

A car door echoed in the misty morn. Charlotte snapped awake her heart leaped, it was Jim, her Jim. He walked slowly to Shannon, a bouquet of flowers in his hand. She stirred when she saw his hand start to tremble as he got closer. Soon it shook violently. Her heart crashed when she saw him lean down and kiss the very spot she had a few short hours before.

Quietly she reached for her large handbag and stepped out if the car. She walked to the form knelt at the stone. Cheeks wet with remorse also burned with hope. Slowly tentatively she touched his shoulder.

A hand reached up and fingers intertwined.

"Hello Charlotte."

Charlotte knelt down, her arms wrapped around Jim and she cried. A gentle rain began to fall, and mingled with the salty wetness of their cheeks.

"I'm am glad you came to visit."

"I should have long ago."

"We made mistakes. I should have told you, not shielded you."

"I could have talked with you too. I let my selfishness ruin us, I let you and us down."

"I would have listened, you know?"

"Woulda, coulda, shoulda," she whispered.

"Yes, on both of us."

He got up, and helped her to her feet. Together they looked at the headstone. She reached into her large bag and pulled out a package wrapped in plain brown paper.

"For you."

"Charlotte, why?"

"For you, and for us."

Jim opened it, and gasped. Sobs wracked him as the soft rain ended. He looked at Charlotte, and could not speak. He brushed the glass pulled it to his heart closed his eyes. His lips turned up into a small smile. He opened his eyes, and placed his arm around her. He held the object so they could look together at the the family smiling at them .

Charlotte in her misguided anger tore the picture of their computer aged daughter devastating her Jim. She wanted to make it up and had a family portrait made when Shannon would have been thirteen. It was the least she could do for him.

"Thank you Charlotte, thank you."

She squeezed his hand and turned to leave. He didn't let go. She turned back and looked at him. He opened his arms and invited her home.

***

Yes a reconcile, the loss of a child whether by death or disability can cause major emotional upheaval. I felt it. So cry and scream all you btb's.

This was right.

M1

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
sorry

I'm 63 and have never met anyone quite as stupid as the wife. Please, give us a little believability. No rating because I couldn't read past page 2.

semofuncpl3semofuncpl3over 10 years ago
One totally messed up dude

Surprised he doesn't have a room in the house made up to be her room. complete with new clothes every year. And he was having an affair. It was all emotional but an affair all the same.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
messed up

he is messed up in the head just like she was. he never got over the death.

he never made his peace with the death. every year he would lie to his wife.

she did wrong and so did he.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
2 nd

needs a 2nd chapter to complete story

phil2213phil2213almost 11 years ago
This is a total crock

Cmon ten years of grief in tow and not a single conversation til the arrogant prick taunts his emotionally distraught wife without a word of explanation. Where do people like this exist? I have enjoyed many of your stories but this is totally over the top. Charlotte was severely a victim of mental abuse at the worst level. She is lucky to be rid of a prick that would be so full of himself that he refused to console Charlotte when she was obviously busting with distress. No couple whether married or not should be so into themselves that they not share their feelings. This is the ultimate violation of trust and loyalty.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
What a bunch of.......

So for twenty years he NEVER shares his feelings with his wife? I mean OVER THE TOP feelings. He just bottles it up, not thinking his wife might be suffering? In my book, he is the bastard in this story. And he continues to be "in his mind" the nice guy? Sending extra money, sending roses on her birthday and keeping track of her life thru her parents (whom, by the way, should not be talking to him at all.) He's not the good guy, he's the coward who ran away, rather than staying and getting professional help for himself and their marriage. And you told it well enough to make me want to kick the crap out of him.

pumpop201pumpop201over 11 years ago
Reconciliation?

Another great story. Thanks. However it does need another chapter telling about their reconciliation.

1Thinkingman1Thinkingmanover 11 years ago
Just read this

This story screams for reconciliation. And it deserves it. I gave this *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
2nd part

need a 2nd chapter left to much hanging

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
GyJunkie is just Wrong

he never cheated on her emotionally. You must be a wimp. Men traditionally do not show their emotions like women. Secondly the wife was an emotional mess and was unhinged after losing the baby. How could the man who was trying to hold it all together throw that back at her to help him resolve it. Your just not real smart. She was self centered. Her depression was all of her making and he was holding it together for the both of them. You want to somehow equate emotional cheating to physical cheating. Again not very smart. Well, just say stupid. He grieved quietly while she spread her legs and did not trust him. It was an issue of trust. Self centered people have trust issues. She cheated she paid and deserved exactly what she got. Title of Whore!

gyjunkiegyjunkieover 11 years ago
That's it, they're both morons.

You usually give us a story which is very black and white. This one goes into the gray area. Both parties in this story were wrong. Trust was not shown by either party. She cheated physically, but he cheated on her emotionally. They did not talk about what was bothering them. Communication could have stopped this disaster from happening. This is one of the few time I think a reconciliation is possible. A lot of professional and family help may be able to bring them together.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Unbelievable

Was the wife mentally handicapped? She must have been to buy anything Carl was selling--that or you don't have a high opinion of women. And her family turns on her in a flash? Please. Think in all the years her sad sack of a husband might have shared what he was doing? Might have helped.

This was crap from start to finish.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
low score

but a great story. gave u a 5.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

need another chapter

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
#2 NEVER....EVER.....NEVER

selfishness and lack of trust is a track to turmoil. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago

What she did is cheating, tricked or not, but what he did was infinitely worse, emotionally cheating on her and refusing to share the most intimate part of his life with her, the loss of their unborn daughter. He talks about trust, but he violated the absolute core of it. It feels like he's getting revenge on her for the loss of their daughter and her inability to have children after word. What a nasty little bastard.

He did that for 10 years. How can he justify shutting his wife out like that? How can he rationalize demanding that she trust him without compromise when he refuses to do the same for her.

This is one of your few stories where I'm actually sympathetic to the cheating bitch, simply because her husband broke their relationship first by shutting her out. The loss of a child in birth like that cuts the mother a hell of a lot deeper than the father.

I don't know if you meant to write him that way, Stang, but it's definitely different and rating it four stars for your apparent skill in doing what few other authors have done - making the cheating wife a sympathetic character. He's a major asshole for using the excuse of their daughter's death to stop loving his wife. I could sympathize with him if it were about the cheating but that's just so incredibly wrong. Shannon, had she grown up to be the adult he wanted her to be, would never have wanted that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Th ending is the best part

Great commentary on how we can take for granted a great spouse and their love and all the while we aren't aware of what they really feel. The eposode with Carl was hard to stomach and hard to understand how a loving wife could be so gullible and easily maninpultated. Carl was not a master lover or a experienced seducer what he was was an opportunistic predator, a real scum. Stangstar has a gift for good story telling may he write a lot more.

ValerionValerionalmost 12 years ago
Sequel?

I'd really like to see a second part to this. Very much.

PeikPeikabout 12 years ago
this story is different

because first time i wish that husband and wife go back together and be happy ever after. OK maybe not first time I feel that is chance for them but is first case I wish you wright another part of this story where they get over this all mess and get back the happiness they both deserve

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
Re-read it -

Still like it a lot -

Shorter critique this time - he lied not her - he betrayed her trust first - they both need help -

I still love the way you wrote it thank you

martinieremartiniereover 12 years ago

lol the young processor who shows up in a few of these stories is now my favorite cameo XD

holydemon00holydemon00over 12 years ago
Second Double-standard

The double-standard that he allows himself to bear all the burden by himself and withheld his OWN problem from his wife. He didn't trust her with his issues, exactly like how she didn't trust him with hers. And that pathetically self-righteous family of hers bought that little sob story and jumped on every chance to torment their daughters.

I wouldn't mind seeing those 2 miserable people putting down their own egos to patch things up in a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
EGOIST MALE CHAUVINIST!

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS COMMENT:

the ending is opposite of the story. Loves her so much that he carries the burden for both of them, forgives her for her mistake, but does not see that she is torn up about it? And leaves because of trust? come on. More likely he would see that she subconsciously knew Sept. 1 was an important date, and blocked it because of all of the shielding he provided to her in getting over the tragedy. As a result, she resorted to thinking the reason he was gone was an affair. His shielding her from all of the pain, caused her to hide the pain deep inside. He is as much, if not more at fault, then she is. He left, not because she didn't trust him, but because he was resentful that he had gotten her to surpress her memories, but he could not surpress his own. And, because of that, he couldn't or wouldn't talk to her about his problems. feeling resentful resulted in his not being able to talk about it with her, which just breed more resentment. He is the bad guy, not her. He let the communication fail.

roscovichroscovichover 12 years ago
I re-read the story again, just to brighten my week.

The genius of this author is just unbelievable. There is simply no reference anywhere on this site. So...Immaculate.

roscovichroscovichover 12 years ago
I was always envious of Artists whom can put such an emotions in the story in such a wonderful way.

What makes me sad is the fact that I would never be able to achieve this.But then 99.99% of all so called writers could not eighter. What a superb entertainment. Thanks Stang.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
not up to stang standard

the ending is opposite of the story. Loves her so much that he carries the burden for both of them, forgives her for her mistake, but does not see that she is torn up about it? And leaves because of trust? come on. More likely he would see that she subconsciously knew Sept. 1 was an important date, and blocked it because of all of the shielding he provided to her in getting over the tragedy. As a result, she resorted to thinking the reason he was gone was an affair. His shielding her from all of the pain, caused her to hide the pain deep inside. He is as much, if not more at fault, then she is. He left, not because she didn't trust him, but because he was resentful that he had gotten her to surpress her memories, but he could not surpress his own. And, because of that, he couldn't or wouldn't talk to her about his problems. feeling resentful resulted in his not being able to talk about it with her, which just breed more resentment. He is the bad guy, not her. He let the communication fail.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
One more time

Whether or not the tag reads "anon" or "duderboy" makes no diff: how anyone could think having a nickname makes you not anonymous is beyond comprehension.

StangStar06 is one of the best authors here, the best currently submitting, and if it wasn't for his contributions to this category it would be a wasteland of moronic misogyny.

Keep writing SS06

juderboyjuderboyover 12 years ago
One more time

If you are chicken shit enough to bash a story, or author, have the balls to put your name to it. Notice that most of the comments with names attached to them like the story and the author. This story wasn't his best, but god get a life. Any author wants comments and feedback. Let him know who you are.

Stangstar06, I love your stuff. Keep writing.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
THE 7 WORDS

ARE ACTUALLY 8.....AND NOW ITS SEPTEMBER AGAIN. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Yeah

Not your best...

The husband in this story is by far one of the biggest soft-cocks in all your stories. What a fucking wuss!!! I believe you need to actually attend and graduate with honours from wimp school to be this sensitive.

He mourns a daughter by himself?!?!? And he believes he has any fucking right in the world to hide this from his wife? The woman who gave birth to his dead child?!?!?! This fuckwit is so soft he doesn't deserve to breathe our oxygen!

I'll bet that's why he's so dammed much in love with his Mustang, so that he can run away from his problems just that little bit faster...

Cries himself to sleep at night, what the fuck is his wife supposed to think? Okay, she was no rocket scientist herself, but at least her remorse for her fuck up was real.

As much as I dislike a cheating wife, I have to admit that in this case, the idiot husband does not in any way even deserve this wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
FOWL BALL

of all the home runs and three bagers you have hit this one is a foul ball . if ever a part 2 or squeal was ever in order this one screams for it. at one level the story is a one star on other levels it could be 3-4 . he has every right to mourn but the privacy and secretive nature of his actions justify her apprehension ( action ether supposed or implied are considered real ) not infidelity. and ever as hard nosed as i am they need to talk and counseling of a clergy.

MissouriUSAMissouriUSAover 12 years ago
SS06 you are on my favorite authors list, but...

This story just felt manufactured and forced. To me it had the feel of an assembly line where this story sat between the story from the week before and the next story for the week ahead.

Yes the scenario was interesting. Yes there was a cheating wife. Yes there were plenty of other factors, e.g. private detective, the husband beating up the boyfriend, no communication between the spouses, etc. The story definitely qualified for a loving wives entry on Lit.

But it also had too many paragraphs where there was simply no dialogue between the characters. The first page of the story was difficult to get through because most of it was just text that began to drag on.

And the story didn't have any characters that the reader could give a shit about. There was the cheated upon husband, who as the hero, was a self righteous ass drowning in his own self pity. The cheating wife, as they sometimes are in your stories, no offense intended, is extraordinarily stupid this week.

Unlike other commentators, I don't see the need for a sequel. The main characters would have to be rehabilitated and I wonder if it could be done on the assembly line for next week's schedule. The characters just aren't sympathetic enough to know anything more about.

MissouriUSA

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous