All Comments on 'Never Have I Ever'

by gatorfromnc

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
GrandPaMGrandPaMover 7 years ago
I'm torn here.

On one hand, the story was more than just a little hot - well done on that score.

On the other hand, I could not tell by the style of the dialogue you were employing whether you were actually writing from a minority-cultural POV, or whether you were trying to fake some inner-city ethnic vibe. Either way it was not working for me. So, on the Literature side of this I could not score it very well because I found the dialogue inauthentic. Perhaps that's just me and a reflection of my lack of "culture", but it is what it is.

So, on purely hotness, I'd have scored this a 4-4.5. However, because I felt that I had to slog through the initial half of the story, I felt that half was nearly a wasted effort for both reader and author. (Really, the setup for the speed-dating scene could have been largely omitted, leaving this as a shorter flash-like story with nearly all the hot-ness intact - especially since there were no resolutions or answers in the end of the story for the typical background-type questions raised by the banter in the first half of the story.)

Since I found this structural dichotomy in the story, I had to drop the end grade to the 2-2.5 * range, rounding down to 2* because I felt the dialogue was culturally inauthentic (whether I have judged that rightly or wrongly so, I leave to others to decide).

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Agree

I agree with GrandpaM. But still a Very Hot Story. Just could not wrap my head around the (wording/slang) whole language situation. Again the romance/sexual plot was very good!

trigudistrigudisover 7 years ago
Where's The Romance?

Another story that belongs in erotic couplings. You write a decent sex scene but it's devoid of the sort of emotion found in romance.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous