New Beginnings Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

No, he can't stop us. You need to take care of this one, daughter or I will have to emerge. The dark voice stated.

Christy froze. Her darkness just threatened to harm her mate. She could not let her near him. "You know what, you and father are right. I can't go with you. It's not safe. I'll go home and wait." The darkness became even angrier at the mention of his home. Christiana felt fear. Her entire life she was wary of the darkness, concerned by it, but she never felt fear like this, this mind numbing, body freezing deep fear that filled her veins with ice.

Navarro froze. Something was happening. "Babe, what is it? What's wrong?"

"It wants to hurt you. It doesn't want you to go home. If I go with you, she might do something and I can't risk her harming you." Christiana shuddered, her eyes dark with worry. She knew what she had to do. To protect him, she needed to let him go. "Navarro Smith, I release you. I cannot be your wife." She whispered, heartbroken.

Navarro was crushed. He spoke directly to the dark power. You evil bitch! You will not take my wife from me. I will protect her from you. He sent. A cold dark laughter returned.

I've been with her for her whole life. She belongs to me, Indian and no one else. You are powerful. However, you won't win. it replied.

Your days are numbered, demon. Navarro sent before he blocked her.

Christy spoke, "Stop it! Stop it! Leave him alone. You ruin everything!" A sharp pain caused her to jerk as she grabbed her ears. "Navarro, help me. I can't stop her."

"You're coming with me. She can't do anything to stop us." He replied, pulling her into his arms.

"We go tomorrow. I'll ask Mr. Fashion can we come back for the rest of your things." He stated, and then they went in search of their host.

Fashion agreed, and they returned to a private room they were using to talk. Christy was shaking. Navarro held her close and she felt safe. She didn't know how, but she would not let her dark side hurt this wonderful man.

Christy wanted to see her cousins before leaving. They were vanishing to his family early the next morning. She found her cousins and told them she was traveling with Navarro. The twins were happy for her. Savannah was a bit worried, but Christy looked so happy.

Christy left in search of her new love who was working. Sitting with him, she watched the others enjoy the ball. Rosita, like her, was with her new mate. Christy laughed as she saw the two enter the ball room. Nials was smitten because his eyes never left Rosita's face. They never left each other's side. Nials looked so much younger, and his smile was captivating. Christiana knew the Rosita was the reason for his smile. Rosita deserved to be happy. "What?" Navarro asked. Christy laughed and hugged him a little bit tighter. Navarro loved her laughed and he knew he'd do anything to hear that sound again.

*****

As the guest mingled, Christy noticed that Kalen was missing. He wasn't being his usually stalker self. She called to him. He apologized but something sounded different.

Christy, I found my wife, but she's not well. I'm taking her and her grandparents to Loess. I'm leaving in a few hours ok, so don't worry. Tell Rosita and the others for me. he sent.

Christy was shocked, Is she a wolf? I thought wolves and vampires could not mate? she asked.

Kalen sighed, No, she's human. I must care for her.

Christy smiled, Go, take care of your wife. We are fine. Christy was surprised. But she'd let the others know before they left.

My cousin, Kalen found his wife." She told Navarro.

"Yes, I met her earlier. She seems like a great girl. I'm glad he found her when he did. She should be alright now." Navarro stated as he watched the monitors.

"What do you mean?" Christy asked.

"Kalen's mate, she's had a hard life, but she has grit. I'm sure they will be fine." Navarro stated, going back to surveillance.

Christy stopped talking, and they watched the rest of the night's events together.

*****

Kalen disconnected from his cousin. Having contacted his father a private flight had been arranged to take his mate's family to Loess. He already knew the pack was ready to receive them. As the older couple awoke and Keeley tried to pack for them her grandmother spoke. "All I need is my album and my bible. There is nothing else I want to take from here," she said.

Keeley looked hurt. Her grandfather spoke. "Hold your head up girl. You did the impossible. You kept us alive. Now we are going someplace new, some place different. You have nothing to feel guilty about.

"Gampy, I should have done more." She whispered.

Her grandmother spoke. "When you were five and we brought you home, we were in our sixties. What we could do with such a young girl, we thought. You went to school and did your best. We have always been proud of you Keeley. When you stopped your schooling, to take care of us, we were so proud. Keeley, you've dedicated your life to us. Now it time for you to live. If this place is right for us, I want you to finish school. I want you to finish your dreams. Promise me, Keeley, you will go for your dreams."

Kalen helped her grandfather to the car first. As Keeley helped her grandmother. As they drove to the airport, Kalen wondered how they would manage helping the older couple onto the plane. Kalen smiled as they arrived at the airport, Fashion had sent several people from the mansion to help Kalen with his new charges. As they climbed out of the car, the wolf that was guarding Keeley helped her grandfather. Gampy, ever spry, decided to mess with the wolf. "So, young man, you're attending the party, I see." He stated, before a coughing fit took hold.

The wolf held him up. Then he answered, "No, sir, I'm security. Believe me, no woman is silly enough to want someone like me."

He added. Gampy laughed, "Son, I think you're scared. I think you've met her, but you're running. Stop and let her catch you. I did and I've been married over seventy years. Stop running."

The wolf laughed, and answered, "Yes sir."

A female vampire helped Keeley and her grandmother. The octogenarian was so grateful that she gave the unsuspecting vampire a hug. Kalen fought to hold back his laughter as the vampire's expression clearly showed she wasn't sure how to react. The wolf just laughed, and she shot him a look that stopped his amusement immediately.

Gampy laughed, "See, told ya."

The young man looked terrified and said to Gampy, "No way."

The female vampire sneered at him and replied, "You wish." Then she sauntered off, leaving the wolf opened mouth and staring. He could not resist watching her delectable backside as she walked away.

Gampy laughed. "Boy, go after her. She's playing tough; go, make your move." The young man took off.

It was time to take off. The crew introduced themselves and made sure everyone was secure and comfortable. Kalen sat beside Keeley. She ignored him for the most part, but when the plane began to taxi down the runway, Kalen knew she was nervous. He reached out and held her hand. She didn't snatch away, and he smiled.

The pilot announced their destination and duration of the short flight. Gammy and Gampy simple looked out of the windows admiring the view. Keeley was more than aware of the man that provided them with this opportunity, but she had no idea what to talk about. She went to chat with her grandparents and they told her to keep Kalen company. She sat down beside him. He smiled.

"So, Keeley, your grandmother was telling me that you majored in art and design?" He asked.

"It was a pipe dream. My family needed me more." Keeley answered. "I thought I could sell my paintings and make everything better."

"Well, my Aunt is a world renowned artist. I think you should meet her. Maybe, she can help you revitalize your passion." Kalen stated.

Keeley sighed, "My passion," she watched her grandparents. "They are my passion. They gave up everything for me, and painting will not take care of them. I owe them my life, and I won't fail them again." Then she shut down.

Kalen's interest was triggered now. What happened that made her think she failed her grandparents. From what he'd seen; she was dedicated to them and them to her. Kalen smiled. Guilt! Guilt was an ugly monster. He'd seen it rear its ugly head in his own family. From what he'd witnessed, his wife had nothing to feel guilty about.

"Look," He pointed at the ocean. "There are millions of creatures in the ocean; many we may never find, but just because we can't find them does not mean they are not there. Some animals are at the top of the food chain, while others are almost gone. Are any of them any less valuable to the ocean?" he asked.

Keeley didn't answer. She was enthralled from the vast scene before her. Kalen said more, "The moment I saw you, you became my one promise. I've never had anyone be just for me, but I have her in you. We are like two unknown animals deep below the ocean. Just because others seem more important, doesn't mean we are not there." Keeley turned and faced him. Unable to deny himself any longer, Kalen kissed her gently. Her grandparents watched, and smiled. They could go on now. Keeley was not alone anymore. They wanted to see this place, Loess falls, Texas. They needed to make sure she had family, and then they could rest.

Keeley returned his kiss. His lips were so soft, and firm. His touch was so gentle. She was lost in the essence of him.

"Sir, you all need your seatbelts. We will be in the states soon." A voice interrupted them. Kalen pulled back, but his smile never left his eyes. "Let's get ready. I can't wait for you to meet part of my family." He stated. Keeley laughed and it was a beautiful sound.

*****

Navarro called Oman. He and Christiana would arrive later that morning. Oman was happy. He and Mia were expecting them. They shimmered into town. Appearing in front of the old church, Navarro wanted to show her one of the few places he felt welcomed.

Pastor Henry was weeding the grounds, and the old man jumped when they appeared. He looked up and smiled. Waving, so happy to see the young Navarro, he approached them jovially, but his smiled wavered as he laid eyes on Christiana. Navarro froze.

Looking right at her, the old pastor said these words, "Get thee hence Devil, you are not welcomed here." Navarro was about to react when the dark side of his wife surged forward, but the old minister did not back down. "Leave this girl and leave this place." He ordered.

The spirit hissed back, "Old fool, you can't cast me out. She is mine. You all will rue the day you tried to take her from me." Christiana began to cry as the monster surged forward; she collapsed. Navarro held her terrified for the first time since learning of this power.

"Truya'mek" The demon hissed and Pastor Henry fell back, almost to the ground. He stood strong, pressing his way forward, he faced the dark spirit. Pastor Henry began to pray, and the spirit lashed out, attacking him more viciously. Yet, he never took his eyes off of Christiana. Christy screamed and then the pastor fell down, but he continued to ban the demon.

Navarro wanted to help, so he moved behind his wife. He called to Christiana but she was subdued by the dark power. He knew he had to do something, so like Pastor Henry, he spoke to the monster. "Leave her alone. You are not welcomed here."

Black eyes turned on him, but he was not afraid. Pastor Henry was on the ground, bleeding profusely at this point, but Navarro knew this monster would not win.

"Demon, your days will end soon." He sent.

The demon laughed and relinquished control. Christiana went to the Pastor to try and help hm. Pastor Henry fell even more, holding his head as blood gushed from his nose. Someone rushed over and demanded to know what happened. The sheriff joined them and called for an ambulance.

Navarro held his wife as the deputies asked what happened. "Where did they come from? Who were they?" Navarro could not answer, but Oman stepped up. "He's family, and they are visiting us. Please, let's get Pastor Henry to the clinic." He stated.

The ambulance arrived and the Pastor was being treated. A young female medic noticed how pale Christiana looked. She rushed over to them.

Navarro was frozen. Whatever this thing was, it had to be stopped. He could not lose his wife to this entity. "Does she need help?" The medic asked.

"No. I'm fine. The pastor, is he alright?" Christy asked.

"Pastor Henry, he'll be fine." The medic explained.

"Come, cousin, let's go home." Oman stated. Navarro followed him dazed. Christiana held tightly to his side.

The three did not speak. Oman knew that something was incredibly wrong with his cousin's wife. He now understood why he had to ask Navarro to come back home.

Mia greeted them at the door with her three year old son Kajika pulling on her shirt sleeve. She leaned over and whispered something to the little boy and he scampered off.

"Hello, Navarro and, " she paused.

"Christiana," Christy supplied..

"Christiana, welcome, home." She then hugged her relatives.

"Let's go to your room." She added. Christy and Navarro followed their cousin. Oman was alone. Whatever this was he would need help. There were only a few people who had dealt with a demon and he'd call. He prayed the fact that his cousin not a wolf, but vampire, would not negate their ability or desire to help.

Once Navarro and Christy left the room, Oman made a call. "Marcus, I need your help."

Marcus did not hesitate. "I'll notify the alpha."

"Thanks." Oman whispered, just as Mia reentered the room.

"She is in trouble. That darkness, is it true that it attacked Pastor Henry?" Mia asked.

Oman didn't answer. "She is innocent and he loves her. We are the only family he has and we will help him. The pack has dealt with a demon before, maybe they can help. I called Marcus."

Mia nodded. "They will. We have to have faith. Besides, I like her; she's a sweet girl. Your cousin is one good looking... Well let me say a lucky man." She added smiling.

Oman growled. "I know he's a pretty boy. He's always been handsome, just remember you're taken." He kissed her soundly. Then he sighed, happy but a bit worried, "I'm just glad he came home."

Mia sighed and held her husband tight. Kajika ran back into the room, wanting his parent's attention.

"Come on, my boy. Let's check the garden." Oman stated lifting his son over his shoulders, as they headed out back.

*****

In their small room, Navarro held Christiana from behind. he leaned close and whispered. "It won't win. I won't let it."

Christiana nodded. He was right. This thing had to go. It was time to take her life back. She liked this place. The pastor saw the demon. He called it out. He scared it. She knew. She could feel the fear it tried to hide. The darkness would not win.

"I know. It won't win." She sighed. "Thank you for being here for me."

Navarro held her tighter as he prayed to the old ones. All of a sudden, he felt peace. He knew; he and Christiana were no longer alone. They had help.

*****

In the spirit realm, the Old Ones met. Amongst them sat the wapjanli. Keamon sat with them. The spirits faced each other and smiled. They waited for this day to come. The dark spirit's reign was ending and now they could send it where it belonged.

"I don't want him injured. He is my kin. It is not his fault that his parents were more than human. She is a beautiful young woman. She needs to be freed. What do you all plan to do?" Keamon asked. Joe sat beside him, waiting.

The wapjanli smiled. "Gentlemen, we have this under control."

The Spirits of old nodded, and moved in close to confer.

End of 4

I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please share your thoughts.

12