New Girl in Town Pt. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Man, I heard the rumor that Jake got a girl but damn, I didn't know it was that girl." Des answers. "You do excellent work, Jake. I salute you, sir."

"Salute the back of his head because if his ass doesn't take off right now, that Wildcat of his is going to be on the warpath for who held him up and you don't want to be the one, Des. Trust me on that." Tank tells him. The group all break up with laughter.

"She scare you, Tank?" Des teases.

"About as much as Twanda does and you know that I'm not a dummy." Tank tells them. "I saw Jessica going after Jamie one night at a party. Shit, I think I saved his big dumb life."

Jake hears Desmond playfully call Tank a dumbass as he walks away.

****

Jake enters the gymnasium with behind a small group of parents and begins to scan the bleachers for Jessica's family. He spots them along with Roxie, Shelly and Jody all seated together.

"Jake!" Sarah shouts as he approaches the group.

"Hey Sar-bear, love the new look!" Jake enthuses nodding towards Sarah's pig tails. One has been dyed a darker blue and the other in orange.

"Roxie did it a few minutes ago." Sarah shares.

"I was promised that it will wash out tonight when we get home." Dr. Golden states.

"If you can get Sarah to sit through a couple of washing then, yes, it will come out tonight." Roxie assures her.

"You'll be good and sit through a couple of head scrubbings won't you, Sarah?" Jake asks as he takes a seat beside her.

"Do I have to?" Sarah asks.

You do if you want a tea party with Roxie and me at the same time." Jake tells her.

Sarah seems to think about that proposition for several long moments before she nods. "If I must." She sighs causing the group to laugh.

"Bobby and Marybeth?" Jake asks looking around.

"We sent them on a snack run." Jody tells him. "Probably not our smartest idea now that I think about it."

"Probably not but good for them if they can get some alone time." Jake answers. "Ray and Staci said they'd be here as soon as they got done with practice."

"I think someone's noticed you're here, Jake." Shelly says as she nods towards the court.

Jake follows her gaze and finds Jessica looking their way with a big smile on her face. Before Jake can wave, Jessica clasps her hands together and stretches them high above her head. Then with her arms still outstretched, she bends at the waist before arching her back. Jake makes a noise that sounds like a gasp that got choked off before it got completed.

"She did that on purpose." He whispers to Shelly, Roxie and Jody who all giggle.

"Jake Gibson, boy genius," Shelly answers.

"Of course she did, Jake," Jody answers.

"Duh," Roxie comments.

"Duh," Sarah echoes causing the girls to all break out with even more laughing.

"Everything all right over there?" Mr. Golden asks.

"We're just picking on Jake, Mr. Golden." Shelly answers.

"It's become kind of a hobby." Jody shares.

"Jessica sure seems to enjoy partaking in that hobby as well." Dr. Golden laughs.

"We love having her with us this year, Dr. Golden. Jess fits right in with us." Shelly tells her.

"We were telling her just the other day that we would have loved to have her here our freshman year when Jake was all quiet and shy." Jody adds.

"I can't imagine this one ever being quiet and shy." Dr. Golden quips.

"That's what Jessica said but it's the truth." Shelly shares.

"He'd get involved if he thought he was needed but otherwise he kept that mouth of his shut." Roxie says as she gives Jake a smile.

"Now he hardly ever shuts up." Bobby adds as he and Marybeth return with snacks and drinks from the vending machines.

"We grabbed some extra help out in hallway." Marybeth states as she and Bobby step aside revealing Jake's parents just behind them.

"You guys made it?" Jake asks.

"We weren't about to miss Jessica's first game of the season. You all were sweet enough to show up for Jake's game, this is the very least we can do for her." Jake's mom answers as she takes a seat on the bleacher below Jessica's mom. Jake's dad sits beside her and in front of Jessica's dad. He turns to the side so he can talk to Mr. Golden.

"Tim, I don't know a lot about volleyball so I might be asking a lot of questions." Jake's dad tells him.

"Feel free to ask away, Wes. Believe me when I tell you that I've yelled a few pages of the rule back at some officials over the years." Mr. Golden responds with a laugh.

"What position does Jessica play?" Jake's dad asks.

"She usually starts as the right side hitter but per rules the team has to rotate whenever the other team scores." He explains.

"Ouch, that's like a double punishment. Lose a point, lose your position." Mr. Gibson says.

"It can be but it's also helped make Jess a more well-rounded player." Mr. Golden shares.

"And Jake sure has noticed exactly how rounded Jessica is." Roxie whispers to the lunch bunch causing a new round of laughter to erupt from them.

"Are you all right there, Jake? You look a little red." Jake's dad asks as the parents look over at the noise.

"I need to grab a drink." Jake answers as he hops to his feet. The group watch as he makes his way down the bleachers.

"Was that because of you, Shelly Bell?" Jake's mom asks.

"I have to take the credit for that one, Mrs. Gibson." Roxie answers. "He just opened himself right up to it. It couldn't be helped."

"I understand that Roxie but can we at least let him enjoy the game a little before you run him off?" Mrs. Gibson asks.

"I'll try my best, ma'am." Roxie answers. "He just makes it so easy."

****

The Wildcats take the court against the Reynolds Raiders who won first serve. Jessica takes up her position to await the serve. The ball sails into the back row where Tonya Spencer plays it.

"Set!" Caitlyn shouts as she positions herself under ball.

Jessica leaps into the air then twists away from the other team's rising blocker at the last moment before spiking the ball. The diving member of the Raiders gets a hand under the ball but it isn't enough to keep it in play.

"Point. Carter." The referee calls out to the scorekeeper. The Wildcats go into a huddle and Jessica receives several compliments on her kill.

"It's all due to Caitlyn's great set." Jessica tells them.

"Caitlyn, your serve." Coach Morrison shouts from the sideline.

Caitlyn takes the ball and goes to the back line. She lines up, tosses the ball into the air and smacks an overhead serve. A Raider player bumps the ball into the air, another yells set and their player leaps into the air. The Wildcat blocker, Tabitha Spencer jumps up and finds herself side by side with Jessica. The spike by the Raider player is blocked by both Jessica and Tabitha and another point is scored.

"Nice block, sis." Tonya tells her fraternal twin Tabitha.

"I was about to say the same to Jessica." Tabitha says.

"That was all you, Tabby." Jessica tells her. "I got a pinkie on that shot at most."

"Jessica, your serve. Keep it inbounds." Coach Morrison calls out.

Jessica nods, accepts the ball from the referee and goes to the line. She glances up into the stands where her family and friends are seated and smiles for a brief second before tossing the ball into the air. Her overhead serve is nearly an ace but it's saved at the last second by a great dive by a Raiders player. Jessica hurries back to her position and is ready when the ball sails over to her side of the net. She bumps the ball into air sending it towards Caitlyn.

"Set!" Caitlyn shouts before sending the ball up towards the net.

Kenyetta Harris leaps up and sends a hard spike over the outstretched hands of the Raider blockers.

"Point, Carter." The referee calls out when the ball lands inbounds. After a long rally that ends with another point for Carter, the Reynolds coach calls a timeout.

The team huddle with Coach Morrison who praises their play.

"You're all doing a great job out there." She says. "I want you to keep it up but remember to keep some in reserve. We've got at least one more match maybe two if you tire out too quickly so keep the pressure on them but if you get tired, raise your hand and I'll sub you out. This team is good so keep your guard up."

****

The first game ends on a ace serve from Caitlyn that makes the final score 25 - 15. As the teams take a water break, the gymnasium doors open and a new group of people enter led by Staci and Ray. Antoine and Twanda, Desmond and Kendall all enter behind them followed by Coach Pennington. Ray spots the group easily in the sparse crowd and climb the bleachers to join them.

"We're not too late are we?" Staci asks as she and Ray sit down.

"We just won the first game." Jake tells her.

"How'd Jess do?" Ray asks.

Jake begins to answer but see Coach Pennington waving for him to join him.

"I'll be right back." He states as he gets to his feet.

"Jess did awesome." Jody answers. "She nearly got an ace and like five of those murder things."

"The term is kills, Jody." Shelly informs her then to Ray and Staci. "Mr. Golden has Jess's stats if you want those."

"Please," Staci answers.

Mr. Golden smiles and glances at his score sheet. "I have her at four kills with six assists and two and a half blocks." He answers. "If you need me to explain any of that, Staci feel free to ask."

"Thank you, Mr. Golden but I've been reading up on volleyball so I wouldn't be so lost." Staci explains.

"I wish you would have given me a heads up, Staci." Ray chuckles. "I'm kind of lost."

As Mr. Golden explains the volleyball terms to Ray, Jake reaches Coach Pennington.

"Hey Coach, anything wrong?" Jake asks him.

"I just heard back from the officiating committee a few minutes ago." He shares. "They reviewed the video and told me that they would take care of it internally."

"In other words, suck it up the kid was just a back up." Jake shakes his head.

"I gave them enough hell about it that they assured me that that particular officiating group are banned from officiating any of our games the rest of this season." Coach Pennington tells him. "Sorry, Jake I did what I could."

"You did more than most coach and I really appreciate it. Really." Jake assures him. "Hanging around for the rest of Jessica's match?"

"Up one game already huh?" He asks. "I guess I could hang out and watch a little bit."

"Yeah, hang out with us Coach Pennington." Antoine calls out from where he, Twanda, Kendall and Desmond are seated.

"Yeah coach, we need someone to explain when we're supposed to cheer." Kendall adds with a laugh.

"Good luck with that, Coach." Jake laughs then heads back to his seat.

"Asshole alert," Roxie whispers when he takes his seat.

"Jeez Roxie, what'd I do this time?" Jake asks.

"Not you, goof. Them." She tells him nodding towards the doors. Jake looks down and sees that she's talking about Jamie and Patrick.

"I should have guessed that they wouldn't miss this." Jake states. "Wonder how they knew."

"They probably overheard Tank and I talking about coming to watch with Kendall and Des." Ray answers.

"Or they could just be lost." Staci offers.

"Speaking of lost," Roxie says nodding back towards the doors.

C.C. has entered the gym and is looking around and also looking a bit confused.

Jake gets to his feet. "C.C.!" He shouts as he gives a wave.

C.C. sees him, smiles and makes her way up to them.

"Hey guys," She says as she takes a seat beside Staci.

"Are you all right, C.C.? You looked a little lost." Roxie asks.

"I guess I kind of am." C.C. confesses. "I saw a bunch of people head in and I got curious about what was going on. So... what's going on?"

"It's the first game for the varsity volleyball team and we're here to cheer them and our friend Jessica on." Roxie explains.

"Jessica? That's the tall girl that's Jake's friend, right?" C.C. asks. "Oh wait, I heard a rumor that you two are dating now. Is that true, Jake?"

"They finally got their act together." Shelly tells her.

"I'm happy for you, Jake. I only hear the nicest things about her and she's absolutely stunning." C.C. tells us.

"Thanks, C.C." Jake says and feels a nudge in his side. Looking down he sees Sarah looking up at him. "Sorry, Sarah, where are my manners? C.C. this is Sarah, she's Jessica's sister and this is Jess's mom and dad, Dr. and Mr. Golden. Everyone, this is Cheryl but we all call her C.C."

"I just love your hair coloring, Sarah. You're adorable! Oh, it's nice to meet you all. I don't know Jessica very well yet but I've heard nothing but nice things. Well nice things from the nice people but not so much from the others but they aren't very nice to me either so I don't really listen to them very much."

"Oookay..." Mr. Golden responds confused.

"Thank you, C.C. It's nice to meet you as well." Dr. Golden recovers. "I'm glad that you're hearing at least some nice things about Jessica."

"Oh I am, Dr. Golden. Jake and this group just love her to pieces." C.C. tells her. "I'm looking forward to meeting her. I can tell that she's an absolute sweetheart if she's in with this bunch."

****

Thanks for reading, voting, commenting and the feedback. It's all very appreciated and I'm already elbow deep into chapter 11.