All Comments on 'Next Door Neighbors'

by Maria24

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Nope

Aw so wife got to take a part time job as some guy's personal cum sock and she gets to turn it into a lesson for her husband to stop drinking, yeah fuck that and fuck you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
yes

he needs to quit drinking, for himself.

but she is toxic. a lot of people like to think they are always the good guy. she is not the good guy. period. everything they do as a married couple is tainted. is she helping him out of love or out of guilt? does she say nice and positive things to earn his trust back or because she means it?

he needs work done on himself, but that work includes getting rid of her. she MAY have loved him. But cheating like she has isn't a mistake, it's a deliberate and repeated choice. It's more than that. Many many choices are made leading up to each act of infidelity. She clearly doesn't love him enough to realize....maaayyybe she's part of the reason he drinks. She really does want her cake and to eat it too. "it'll be hard..." yes, it'll be hard for her, but it's torture for him. She has no real empathy for him.

Cut her loose. End this farce of a relationship. He can heal, see that her vagina isn't made of diamonds. There are plenty of women that are not only pretty, but will communicate their woes instead of disrespecting their partner. He deserves that, and she knows it. That's why she is unwilling to give it to him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Interesting But Could Have Been So Much Better

She was portrayed as such a skank that it was impossible to believe that any reconciliation would have been possible-or worth the effort. A more rounded description of both their characters would have helped the credibility a lot.

I wish the author had bothered to proofread after spellchecking. There were so many mistakes, 'discrete' (not again!), discriminating/incriminating etc. etc. ad nauseam.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
She's definitely the bad guy

And I think that was the author's intention; of writing the story from the bad guy's perspective. If it wasn't, and the wife was meant to be the "good guy", then, the author majorly screwed up.

But, the story's told through the wife's perspective and I find it logical that she'd think she's the "good guy", even if she isn't; not many people in real life are willing to accept they're the bad guys, why should fiction be any different?

The author has a rather unique voice (which is refreshing) and the story was well told and well-written (aside from all the misused-word errors that could have easily been avoided by a thorough proofreading); but, maybe I am biased, because I enjoy dark stories and I don't mind unlikable characters.

To me, the author's biggest mistake was not writing a small disclaimer in the beginning of the novel; had she done so, she'd have "saved" readers from having to read a story that isn't for them and "saved" herself from negative comments and ratings.

eh9198eh9198about 6 years ago
Very nice story!

It’s always funny to me that people think an authors’ writing of a character is a treatise on their own value system. She is a deeply flawed, self-absorbed, and deluded character, and this was a wonderful trip into a mind like that. My only complaint is that some of the dialogue stretched a bit too long, but beyond that, this was a wonderful ide!

AmazonBeauty1966AmazonBeauty1966about 5 years ago
Very Good

I thought this was an excellent (in spite of the grammatical errors) FICTIONAL story ... I did not try to psychoanalyze any of it ... I will not try to tell you what should have been done with YOUR FANTASY characters because I am not you and armchair critics tick me off ... I am accepting this story for what it was ~ a fictional dramatic reading that I very much enjoyed. Thank you :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMaria24@Maria24
Bit older now than my nickname suggests (apparently, using your age when you register on a site might not be the smartest of ideas)...doing my Master's in philosophy while going between jobs, still having fun and trying to write, though free time has become a rare commodity. W...