All Comments on 'Night Deposit Ch. 03'

by calibeachgirl

Sort by:
  • 40 Comments
Phxray54Phxray54about 13 years ago
Chocolate Chips

I still think a substitution of Guittard Milk Chocolate Chips would be better than semi-sweet.

Love is a hard thing. You can't choose who you love, only live with the drama and cope the best you can.

A wonderful end to a loving story. Looking forward to more stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
ex sis-in-law was diagnosed manic-depressive (bi-polar)

and she is one wacky broad, even with meds she tends to get crazy sometimes, can see why Nancy was so out of control.

Thanks for the read and the recipe.

chytownchytownabout 13 years ago
?????

Please someone explain the meaning or purpose of this story I want to say it was garbage, but I enjoyed the hell out of it when I read all three chapters. I guess I have to read all the stories of this author to understand their style of writing. Thanks for a interesting read. (I Think!)

bruce22bruce22about 13 years ago
Well Crafted

The message about how far the in sickness and health vow could extend has always been in the back of my mind. Knowing that the person is ill is an essential prerequisite to working with them and I suspect many couples have broken up due to unrecognized medical problems. Looking back I can see that many of the elderly that broke up was because one or both of them thought the other to be "crazy".

I did not enjoy the ending but I am not into group marriages!

BigJohn601BigJohn601about 13 years ago
Sophia, for sech a young gal, you seem to understand the blight of us older folks....

Fine story as we have come to expect. Sorry to see the series end. Thanks for the pleasure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
saying

play the hand you are dealt i know lots of people who were dealt bad hands when they got married and they just threw the cards away and got off their ass and got new ones and most of them are happier for it.

morris53morris53about 13 years ago
Thank you.

I must thank you for this story. After almost 40 years living with a wife with Bi polar as well as 2 of my 4 daughters with it, I can at least appreciate what went into this. Most people are by definition, ignorant in this area and refuse to learn in order to work with it. They cannot meet the challenge. I will not say that it is ever easy.

DeckviewDeckviewabout 13 years ago
Very well written...

The story, scenes and characters were all done well, but I believe the closure could have been deeper and left us as readers feeling a healing with Vince. That didn't really happen for me. So the story left me depressed and not uplifted at all. It takes more than pointing at a mental illness to bring emotional healing. It takes the two people really talking, going through the hurt together, honestly, and feeling the healing together. I'll now go back and score the earlier chapters. They all get 4 for excellent writing, and not a 5 because the ending just didn't have it.

LakesLakesabout 13 years ago
Sophia, you are a wonderful writer!

I loved Chocolate Kisses.. enjoyed every chapter. For me, this one was not as good. It is difficult to create a male character that lives through many rough times, learns and becomes stronger when this same character has a critical character flaw - his inability to truly confront his wife, talk to her and bring closure to that part of his life. Even earlier, right after the marriage ceremony, he doesn't try to understand the horrible way his wife is treating him. We never grow by running away from things. Symbolically, it is not surprising he was a cripple at the end... he was a cripple all the way through the story, an emotional cripple who could not face this critical part of his life. So, from the beginning, we readers didn't have a main character that we could ride through the story to some kind of real resolution. Loved the writing, though. And I should know; I am finishing a novel that will be published in a few months. You are a wonderful writer!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
the only clear thing (well to be honest, I did not try it out so far)

was the cookie recipe. it had a concept and looks honest.

the rest is, well very dramatic or so. A mental ill but very cool and controlled woman (money) when she wanted.

a second woman also very calculating and controlled together with the third woman her sister.

they found a honest naive guy who just would provide for them, so why be honest. she neede a place to be because she had cancer so cool he has money, the funeral paid selling 2 of his cars by her sister, woman nr. 3 who of course manipulated him further for the next years. when he was liking life to much she just took his mental ill ex-wife nr. one back into his life, to show him his place again.

a couple more downers from women in his life, was when he had to find out his mom too seemed to be rather a calculating one. having an affair with yet another woman who was married and sent a guy to go to hell eventhough they had kids.

so all in all is there only one honest women character in this story ?

not one actually. so who writes this drama ? a women hater or a men hater ?

hard to tell. the guy is fucked up because since he was born he just met women , his mother included who were lying , stealing, plotting against every male including the main male character.

from the outside all women are fucked up too for the already mentioned actions they have done.

I would hate to live in world like this where you can trust nobody at all.

and to finsh, hell this was really so erotic

Rockyderek_caRockyderek_caabout 13 years ago
Nice

Nice romance with a happy ending for our hero. Some of you commentors (especially the anonymous) need to chill out, so Sophia used a disorder and a treatment somewhat loosely (assuming you're correct), big deal, lighten up and enjoy the story..... Nothing wrong with a happy ending.

PTBzzzzPTBzzzzabout 13 years ago
Well written

There is enough there to write more. Perhaps allowing Nancy to have a child or two.

While I do not like or condone cheating, you have taken it to the point of polyamoury. I suppose that is entirely a different item to deal with, as long as all parties are in agreement and it is consensual.

It is still not my cup of tea.

PTBzzzz

EroticLitKittyEroticLitKittyabout 13 years ago
Wow!

Such negative comments from such a well written story. I know from experience that the 'sexless' chapters invoke the most passionate comments...oddly enough.

That being said, I enjoyed the story and look forward to your next. It seems that most of the' anonymous' commenters missed the point that Belle gave him peace and closure...not permission to screw his ex.

calibeachgirlcalibeachgirlabout 13 years agoAuthor
Answers...

this story is based on a real occurance as far as bi-polar symptoms and women... promiscuity is a major factor in diagnosing bi-polar manic depression...

Nowhere in the story does it say that he will sleep with her after she is allowed to stay with Vince and Belle.

Esther loved him and so did Mary Belle... what's so bad about that? Esther tried her best to make sure that he was happy until the day she died... she didn't want Vince or Mary Belle to be alone, especially considering everything else that had happened.

Why is it so DAMNED hard for some people to really understand love? You accept all kinds of stupidity on these pages and when someone tries to write a love story, it goes over people's heads? Read the thing all the way through, again, instead of piecemeal, and see if it changes your minds...

I do appreciate you reading the story and taking the time to comment, even if it is to crucify me. There are several stories lately that have similar endings, especially when the husband takes the wife back after a long period of time.

At least here, she had no control of her actions and didn't start to sleep around until the end of the marriage.

And, as far as selling the cars, what was Belle supposed to do to pay his medical bills? He was self employed, and it was no later than 1969.

Money wasn't really available until he left the hospital and she stayed with him. She didn't have to and didn't know what physical or mental condition he would be in.

For those of you who enjoy a love story, please read Chocolate Kisses. Thank you.

obtusemanobtusemanalmost 13 years ago
Liked it. Thank you for your story.

The jumping around did make it seem disjointed; but, it was sensitive and inciteful. While tending towards a btb mentality, I find reconciliatory stories nice if presented in a plausible fashion. Yours, as a mental illness, was more reasonable than GaryAPB (and I loved his).

Thank you for your contributions and adding recipes is never a bad idea (look at Rehnquist).

roscovichroscovichalmost 13 years ago
Well written and presented.

Nice touch the recepy on the end of the story.

tazz317tazz317over 12 years ago
WHEN THROWING INTO AN ORGANIC POOL

the waves and ripples affect long term and far reaching. TK U MLJ LV NV

roscovichroscovichalmost 12 years ago
I just had the most wonderful experience reading this excellent story.

What a superb entertainment. Thank you Caligirl.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
I re-read this after some time

and I like it more. Real people, real situations. thanks

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 12 years ago
very well-done series

Painful in many places in many ways, but relationships over this kind of time-frame often are exactly that! Good job!

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 11 years ago
This should be a movie

Seriously. It has all the makings of a good romantic movie.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Lithium doesn't fix lack of scruples & morals

Why is every woman's excuse "I had a _____problem & couldn't help myself"??

Total BS that RUINED the story.

A 5 beforehand and a 1 afterwards.

I didn't even bother to finish reading after the "bipolar caused me to f*ck around."

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 10 years ago
Nice story

Good read, though a bit choppy at times. Thanks for writing.

Reminds me of a 60s Bollywood movie - Teen Devian (Three Angels). Not as deep as this story, but the same concept of a man and his 3 loves.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Thank you for the trip

Thanks for the trip around the South Bay, you brought back some great memories of a wonderful place to live.

SigintSigintabout 10 years ago
Love of my lifetime

Uh, you knew her a whole MONTH before you married! What crap.

Pappy7Pappy7over 9 years ago
I gave it a 5

for the cookie recipe alone. The story was about a 3, but written very well. It's good to get a woman's point of view now and then on what they consider to be a romance and such like. I would have had to have some kind of a talk with Nancy about all of their money that she stole. I would think that he should have been able to get some of that back. And yeah, what was that little agenda pleaser about his mother being a lesbian since high school. Had to have made him feel really good. Would have been hard to be around that old friend until he could get his head around it, but I feel that it was an unnecessary subplot. Didn't add anything to the story and actually was a bit of a distraction.

The male lead in this little drama seemed to be kind of conflicted about his maleness and the place he had in his marriages. I think that a woman might have these types of conflicts, but they would be different for a man. He wouldn't trust the crazy witch even on lithium. She gave him VD for God's sake, stole his money, flaunted her other life in his face, gave her self, not just her body, to other men. No, I don't think that he would have welcomed her into his home, even if his present wife pushed it like she did. Thinking you know what's best for someone else doesn't necessarily make it so. She should have had enough respect for her husband not to go behind his back and plot something like that. Evidently she didn't care much for him either or she would have been more understanding of his feelings and tried to love him enough to respect his feelings. She was unfaithful to his wishes for 4 years. Long time to have a relationship behind your spouse's back. Just a story, thank goodness for that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Confusing & Unsatifying

The story is difficult to follow because it constantly jumps around in time for no reason. The It's-not-her-fault because she is bipolar is a Deus Ex Machina plot device that leaves a bad taste behind after the convolute journey to get to the end. In other words, it's BS.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
So wrong

Your use of bipolar for something like this to give her a get out of jail free card is really insulting to those who actually have the problem.

TransAmManTransAmManover 8 years ago
Belle was wrong.

Nancy should of been left to rot in some dank, dark hole.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Enjoyed it

The ending lacked the punch I was expecting with a few distasteful elements thrown in. Overall a very good story. Thanks.

silentsoundsilentsoundabout 7 years ago
Nope

Bullshit mostly.

Good writing though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

You make it sound like if you are caught cheating all you have to do is claim "bi-polar"

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
No, you got everything wrong.

- Bipolarity can lead to cheating, but i won't happen in the way you describe. What she did was not because hypersexuality during the mania, it was cold and calculated betrayal. Btw was used to treat bipolarity since 1949.

- Every time I read a story goes behind his partner's back "for his own good" i want to threw up. BigGuy33 is the king of wimpy henpicked guys who got along with that. When a partner chose to betray your trust talking with your ex for 4 years without talking with you, in my book is the same thing than cheating.

- After all this mess he ends living a kind of polygamy? Really?

One star only for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Uncomfortable.

I read the whole story so must have found something to enjoy. However, Nancy stole his money, openly cheated on him with a number of partners, gave him an STD & didn't even try to explain anything, even when she started her meds.

Esther found a younger dummy & kept him in the dark about her illness. Went behind his back & plotted with another women.

His mother cheated on her husband as did Ailsa. The daughter of his mothers lesbian partner was called an untrustworthy whore by her own mother.

Belle was equally untrustworthy. She conspired with his ex-wife, knowing what Nancy had done. The mental illness excuse is bull & even if we're true, it makes no difference. To cheat on your partner by word or deed is such a breach of trust & everything a marriage is supposed to be, that it is unforgivable.

I realize that this is meant to show true love & how caring women are compared to dumb men but to me it just shows how unpleasant, plotting, scheming & cold women really are & how remarkably plausible they can appear to be.

10sguy10sguyover 3 years ago
WHO THE HELL IS BELLE???

I believe this is one of the worst stories I have ever read. It's convoluted, impossible to follow and easily the most depressing story ever. Even though I guess she's supposed to be important to the story, I still have no idea who Belle is!!! Is she some reincarnation of Mary? All I could think about the "hero" is that he needs to actually DO something instead of running around feeling sorry for himself. It sounded like his first marriage was an absolute nightmare and, yet, he can't get over THAT woman. Once more for the record: who is Belle and what happened to Mary?

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

This is a complete BS story.

- No, being bipolar is not an excuse to treat the man who worships and loves you worse that shit, steal from him, abuse him, and CALCULATINGLY cheat on him repeatedly and in a disgustingly hurtful ways. As another comment said, there's a major difference between "had sex because of uncontrollable urge" and "deliberately destroyed him, in meticulous details".

- No, lying to the man you claim to love for 4 years while conspiring to cause him pain under the guise of "closure" with the evil bitch who destroyed him isn't praiseworthy

I will let Esther pass - while she did lie about her illness, it's reasonable that a person did that with good intentions and quite possible she was right in what she did. Other than her, every woman in this story is bleh to disgusting.

JackDancerJackDancerover 1 year ago

Fascinating. A stretch in places, but wonderfully written and full of rich and vibrant characters. I'm going to have to let it find its level and then read it again. I may have more comments after that, but I am adding you to my favorite writers list, and look forward to reading your other works and following you. Thank you for this.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 1 year ago

The story had the essentials. Plot, "arc", actual characters, development, Mental health issues, things like living with a spouse with major depression (ask me!), bipolar (aka manic-depressive), these are heavy-duty tests of a relationship. Some good love stories get wracked up badly by each.

Polish and all that comes with keeping on writing. Editors can do their thing. Write! Do that!

tralan69ertralan69er8 months ago

A really great story. A lot of emotions through out all 3 parts. I finally got the story after the 3rd chapter. At one point I almost quit reading, I'm glad I kept on until the end. I'm planning on rereading the entire series.

Thank you calibeachgirl.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Actually is you have never lived with someone bipolar, then you have no idea how bad it can be. They can ne loving one moment, and unbelievably spiteful or hostile soon after. Nothing is impossible. Never, ever marry a bipolar maci depressive. Only heartbreak and emotional hell can ensue. I know there are medications available, but from my own experiences they have to be so strong as to almost lobotomize the person to prevent the surges or depressions. Untreated , the ups and downs just get worse.and worse with age. It is truly scary. The only thing worse in something like Alzheimer's for different reasons. Bipolar is absurdly hard to handle in a marriage and even with proper medication treatment, a "normal" life is essentially impossible. And to all of you who say that it cannot explain all of Nancy's actions. Maybe. But it would explain 95% of them. Just be glad you don't have to experience it firsthand. Such a nightmare. Will agree that only Esther was good for him. Belle's motivations are strange.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercalibeachgirl@calibeachgirl
My name is Sophia. I try to express my feeling about life in my writings. I appreciate all my readers, even those who are disappointed with something I've written and are courteous enough to tell me why. I appreciate everyone who uses what precious time we each have ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES