All Comments on 'Night Train: Slow Movements'

by 100yearrain

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wow.

You REALLY need an editor. From what I read (the first 3 paragraphs or so) it seemed like a good story, but the grammar was so choppy I couldn't get any further.

HeaditorHeaditorover 8 years ago
Promising

Your story has a certain charm, but the English needs a lot of work. Writing in an (I assume) foreign language is hard, so full credit for trying, but ask an editor for some help. Don't give up - you could be good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Painful to read

The English is so bad this one is un-readable.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great story. Ignore the grammar.

I wasn't bothered at all by the grammar. Imagine that you are listening to a close friend (lover) who you have known for years. His native language isn't English, but you have gotten past that years ago. He's telling you this story late at night after too much to drink. In that circumstance you focus on the eroticism and the language flaws blow right past you. It's like a piece written in a dialogue of English (think Faulkner). The objective for stories on this site is eroticism, not grammar, and this story more than meets the objective.

Mike1154Mike1154over 7 years ago
Very nice!

There is a huge difference between a poorly written story and a story in which an author struggles with a non-native language to share a beautiful and inspired story. This story is amazing. It is a spell binding retelling of an intimate and totally believable encounter - a more compelling memory than a great fuck full of gramatically correct grunts and groans.

I am sorry that your critics blinded themselves to your art.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous