All Comments on 'Nikolai'

by Vanderbuilt

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Awesome

I liked this. Looming forward to more of this wildly complicated relationship. BRAVO

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Like this!

Hope you continue the story!

robdh51robdh518 months ago

Too many errors for me to enjoy the story:

1) Rank of Master Chief in the US Navy did not exist until June 1, 1958, and a master chief would not NEVER be addressed as "seaman" by an admiral. HIGHLY DISRESPECTFUL

2) Admiral and Fleet Admiral are NOT "two of the highest ranks within the naval service". they are THE TWO HIGHEST ranks in the US Navy. The rank of Fleet Admiral is only used in time of war.

3) US Navy Seals did not exist until 1962

4) "Navy trained us in Krav Maga". No US military "trains" members in Krav Maga per say. Most US service members are not highly trained in hand to hand combat. Special Forces members are taught a variety of hand to hand techniques which includes many different methods which sometimes includes SOME Krav Maga techniques.

I stopped reading after that as I couldn't take the lack of credibility due to extremely poor research. As a retired veteran I happened to know all of the above were errors. But anyone with just a little bit of computer knowledge could research the truth about them. Show some respect for the military and knowledge about them!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userVanderbuilt@Vanderbuilt
11/22/20 - Well, chapter 11 has been submitted. It ended up being around 9500 words, so it should be a good chapter for you all to dive into. I am working on a second and totally different storyline which will feature one of the characters introduced in this newest installment...