All Comments on 'Nirvana Ch. 08'

by MoonBeetle

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Waiting for the sequel

Wow. Such emotions. This relationship doesn't seem to be very healthy, but still I cried a tear for their torment. Can't wait to see what happens next. I hope some growth as humans for both of them, and some revelations.

Keep on the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Noel

I rarely comment on liking or disliking characters (I figure the author creates them and we consume them) but Noel was awful. He drugged Owen so he could leave? This is not a sequel I'd want to read.

MoonBeetleMoonBeetleabout 7 years agoAuthor
To Anon

Thank you for taking the time to read this and leave a comment. While it was never clearly stated that he actually drugged him (it was Owen's assumption,) if he has done it, it's out of desperation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Sigh!

There are people who really do live their life, like Noel, in this world. Real messed up, in actuality, due to what ever in their past life set them on the path they are living. These are story characters. You wrote so well, it captured my heart. If Owen was real, and somewhere in this world there is one, I would like to run to him and hold him . A broken heart is so hard to mend. Was an awesome story, but ending was very painful, and can't say it was a good one. Kind of sorry I started this series. There is a lot of pain in gay relationships that probably shouldn't be due to hate, and messed up lives. This shows the messed up example that is real in this world because some folk have skeletons that caused them to develop , and nurture , commitment problems. Yeah....would be nice for a redemption sequel. Noel needs to break free, and love.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wow...

I think you set it up really well right from quite early on, that this wasnt going to end as some kind of traditional romance. I started out thinking that Owen was the person with issues to handle, but it turns out he's got a lot of insight into what he needs to do for his work and for his family... As much as he's struggled, he's got a center. Poor Noel just seems sort of helpless to do anything but run from his (awful-sounding) past. They don't seem like they were meant to be... And Noel blowing pot smoke into Owen's mouth--I have to say, that repulsed me, the idea he'd be so careless with someone trying to get clean. So as charming as I found him at first, I didn't later. Great, moving novell, might be worth editing a bit more. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Hubbys_PrincessHubbys_Princessabout 6 years ago
Not like most other stories here on lit.

WOW. First off this was a hard story to read for me. It hit me hard.. The way it's written is brilliant and gets a cross how chaotic and consuming emotions can be. It was like looking in a mirror back to when I was 16/17 and how evey thought and emotion had such urgency to them.

I cried more than once for both boys.

Noah for the way he refuses to lable love in an attempt to avoid being hurt again.

Owen for the way his innocence where love is concerned being ripped away. Nothing hurts more than loosing your first love.

Brilliant if harsh and sad story. I look forward to a sequel, But I'm of two minds on if i want them to end up together and be the exception to the rule or for them both to find love with others. Either way they both have a lot of growing and true soul searching to understand themselves better individually, before I think they could be happy together.

geemeedeegeemeedeealmost 6 years ago

This was hard for me to read, because Noel and Owen are so contemptible to me. But I had to keep reading, because even though I’m near 50 and SO OVER stupid young entitled white guys, I experienced a Noel in my early 20s and you’re a solid writer even though you overwrite the hell outta situations most times, but the sex scenes are hot and I read erotica to be turned on and you succeed and I’m crying at the end of this chapter anyway so you win. :)

I’ll also read the sequel because even though the characters get on my nerves, I’m a sucker and I hope Owen will grow some good sense, or his band mates will grow some good sense, either way I want to believe people who don’t exist will save them themselves and leave this mess. And that that’s what you’ll write. But I doubt it — and I’ll read it anyway. Because you’re talented.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
DESPERTLY WAITING FOR THE SEQUEL

MoonBeatle, I have been reading short stories in this site for a few years now and I can whole heartedly say that this is by far the best one i've read!

It may not be everyone's cup of tea but I fell in love with it and with Owen & Noel.

It was beautifuly written with attention to detail (which i'm a sucker for), but above all what I loved most about it was that both Owen & Noel are flawed human beings that make A LOT of mistakes which I think is what made it so realistic and what I related to the most.

I realise that it's been almost 2 years since this was published but I hope and pray that you will choose to make that promised sequel.

On another note I really hope you will continue writing in general, it would be a shame for your gift to go to waste.

Hope to hear from you and keep up the good work!

QuietScreamerQuietScreamerover 3 years ago
I hope you come back

And post that sequel you mentioned. I would really love to read more of this story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I don't usually comment on here, but this one caught me off guard. Your writing is wonderful, and even though it's been a while I really hope to see more from you

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Damn, this story really got under my skin! I knew there was no good ending for these two, but not unlike poor Owen found myself hoping otherwise

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous