All Comments on 'No Going Home'

by rearden_steel_2

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
Prolonged_Debut10Prolonged_Debut10over 9 years ago
Terrific, But?

This story was terrific, but the ending left me unsure as to what I was feeling. This soldier left a 7 month pregnant wife and child at home, grieving his loss of life, while he decided to run away from home and play house with a beautiful little vixen, who loved sex. How long would that last? How long could he stay away from the U.S. How long could he stay away from his real family? I don't know, and I don't think the author did either.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
i agee

i do not think the author really knew just what he was writing.

michs28michs28over 9 years ago
didn't like the ending

The title of my comment says it all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Too subtle

I guess I was too subtle. She's a succubus. But thanks for the feedback.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
succubus?

No real clue that she was a succubus - I half expected her to be the head of the terror cell, as the twist in the tale. I think the story was told too "straight" for her to be a haunting. Good writing though, showing the hell of war for the troops.

ariesgirlariesgirlover 9 years ago

This was a bit confusing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Obviously didn't work

The twist is intended to encourage the reader to go back and find the hints. Gothic beauty, Dantes inferno, Poison perfume, moon-like skin. Black lips, clawing, puss lips like tentacles, Lots wife, green eyes turned black. Most of all the reference to God having nothing to do with it, and the three chances she gave him not to fuck her. He survived the sins of war, but not the sins of passion.

But, like a bad joke, if you have to explain it it wasnt that good. I get that. Wish I had an edit assistant but I asked many, only one responded and then she didn't follow through.

To the reader who didnt like Jack leaving his family for a young pussy, sadly it happens all the time.

Again thanks for the feedback. I enjoyed sharing the story. If you couldn't tell I've spent a lot of time in the same places *Jack* has.

swingerjoeswingerjoeover 9 years ago
Unique

I did not see that ending coming, and it was a pleasant surprise. I'm sure you'll get a lot of negative comments and low scores from the Morality Police who feel it's their job to punish authors who dare to write stories with a flawed protagonist. That type of criticism is misplaced and undeserved. I gave this story five well-deserved stars.

bigdaddy1026bigdaddy1026over 9 years ago

Wow. I was not expecting that ending. This really left me wanting morr more. I haven't voted 5 stars in a long time. Great job!

Deep SoakerDeep Soakerover 9 years ago
Succubus?

I enjoyed the story. It was well written and well told. However, the clues that she was a succubus were too subtle. Even after having the clues pointed out, I am still not able to reach that conclusion.

Along with one of the other comments, I suspected that she was part of a terrorist cell. I also suspected that he was already dead and was going through this experience because he was not able to go home, but also not aware that he was dead.

As a technical point separate from the story, if you logon when you leave comments on the story, it will show your user name rather than anonymous.

Please continue to write.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
confusing is too mild

still scratching my head wondering what just happened.

northbaybearnorthbaybearover 9 years ago
Great story!

One of the best stories here in quite sometime. You're a damn fine writer. Pacing was excellent. The ending was "terrible," shocking, and perhaps even perfect, though I can't get out of my head the soldier's wife grieving at home. At least she did so believing her husband was killed.

I am surprised by a few of the story tags.

Hope to read more stories by you.

xekralxekralover 9 years ago

Morality of infidelity aside, that is probably one of the most well-written stories I've read in a while. The vivid imagery, how the story progressed in the perfect way, the internal war raged within Jack and the unexpected conclusion were more than simply amazing. You have a great gift my friend.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Haven't read a story this good in a while

Wow. Just wow. I loved this story, it just made me want to read more. I picked up on all the little hints that she was a succubus. Loved that you mentioned paramore (big fan) and also i don't know if that was also meant to be a hint but i'm sure i remember succubus being derived from latin 'paramour' or something like that. Anyway, please carry on writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Thanks again

Rearden_steel_2 posting again. Sorry sign in is difficult on my phone. Thanks again for all the great comments. That's what I was hoping for. I'll try to write again but it will be tough to beat this effort - which was honestly a burst of inspiration. I write lots of stodgy research stuff, so this is a first for me. Too bad I cant share it with the folks who normally read my stuff!

I also wanted to say. It's funny that I posted this story last week. I wrote it many months ago but kept trying to find someone to give it a good proof read and make recommendations. I finally gave up on finding an editor, and decided to post it. My laptop died the very next day - and this story was not backed up. So having it here on Literotica means I can recover it.

Those of you asking for more....I'd welcome your ideas. Jack's story is sadly very much over. Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
wow 5+

Just wow, I loved this story, it just made me want to read more

Aussie1951Aussie1951over 3 years ago
In two minds

Not a bad story, sad ending and I cried for his wife.....⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous