All Comments on 'No Monsters in the Snow'

by DeathAndTaxes

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosabout 9 years ago
Well done!

I hope you expand upon this and fill in some of the (intentional) holes in the story.

sailandoarsailandoarabout 9 years ago
Really . .

Really , really great writing. You dialogue, and description and your gift of revealing situation through tiny hints so that a picture slowly builds is pure genius. Thanks!

WaterBurnWaterBurnabout 9 years ago
I know I'm not the only one ...

... Who wants to know where these two sex bombs are going to end up!!! This is so good, so well written, so ... so everything! Damn it, woman, you've done it again. I can't wait for whatever your subconscious comes up with next, and if there's some way to get there, I'll gladly pay the ferryman!!!

Thank you for the honor of allowing me to beta this glorious one-shot for you.

Myra Danvers

bearsladybearsladyabout 9 years ago

What a great way to wake up in the sub-freezing morning. A well done, hot story that left me curious as to the total backstory and what happened after. So if you ever wonder what to write next, please consider expanding this. A definite 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great but...

I would like a little background at the beginning. Like who she is, why everything is this way, how he got this way.

michrmichrabout 9 years ago

Reading this one-shot warmed me up on this cold, frigid morning (we are gonna warm up to -19 C - oh joy, sob). I've decided to stick close to my woodstove and read Lit for the day. When I saw a new story from D&T, I knew it was going to be a good one. Thank you! And I second the idea of expanding the story ;-)

michrmichrabout 9 years ago

Oh, and as I am a crazy Canuck, I know for a fact that getting semi-naked and hot 'n heavy with someone in freezing, frigid and f-- cold weather can be fun but only if there is a woodstove or hot tub nearby to warm-up in afterwards. I was cringing in sympathy and remembrance during the whole story! Ah, the memories (snicker!) ;-)

visioneervisioneerabout 9 years ago

This story grabs you from the start and doesn't let go. The contrasting sensations are wonderfully rendered. Beautiful writing.

karalinekaralineabout 9 years ago
Lovely

I loved this tale, I think it totally works on its own but I too would love to know more.

xxClarexxxxClarexxabout 9 years ago
MOAR MOAR MOARRRRR

You saucy vixen you. I can't believe you left us hanging like that! You better write a sequel to this. I want to know what happens next! Who is he. Where is he from. Can they escape together and live HEA? Can they have more hot sex even???

I loved it. It was a cute short little piece but it had everything I am drawn to - intrigue, drama, mystery, sci-fi, hot dude with no shirt, hot sex. Thanks Eris you're just too damn awesome. Now get on that sequel.

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenabout 9 years ago
Dream a little dream

I know the feeling. Danm fine story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Wow!

Really enjoyed this!!! Hopefully you might write more about these two..? Haha

vmc312vmc312about 9 years ago
I'll have what you're having

What were you drinking before you went to sleep and can I have some? Whoa. Love the mystery, all of the unknowns just add to the tension.

Get back to sleep girl and let us know where this one goes.

EtaskiEtaskiabout 9 years ago
Rrrowwrr!

Whoooof! ^_^ thank you for sharing and improving on that dream! Awesome. I love snow beasts (have written some of my own! ;) )

DeathAndTaxesDeathAndTaxesabout 9 years agoAuthor
Comment Replies

Thanks for the wonderful feedback so far everyone! I hadn't written in 6 weeks and was pent up like nobody's business. Now that I've got the hose unkinked, it's back off to fantasy land for me. Cookin' up something long. Many, many chapters. Hope to see you around for it!

@ReiDeBastos - I DID want to give just enough detail so you'd have a feel for the scenario, but no so much as to drone on with backstory, so the story could maintain a fast pace. I promise, if the rest of a plot blooms in my head for Roksana and Keval, I will certainly expand on this short. For now, though, it's just this quick ride! :) Thanks for reading!

@sailandoar - Glad you enjoyed the method to my madness. :) Dialogue is one of my favorite things to write, and this was a challenge because there wasn't much of it.

@WaterBurn - Thanks again for your feedback - I'll be spoiled now, but I'll try not to bother you or your fans will show up at my door with torches and pitchforks! LOL

@bearslady - You know what? You're the bees' knees, bearslady. You've been showing up to read my stuff since The Eighth House, and we're coming up on a year for that one. I really appreciate it. Makes me smile whenever I see you comment. :) Sorry it's so cold where you are. Hope you've got lots of blankets and more hot Lit stories to read to keep warm! xxoo

@Anon/Great but... - (kicks dirt) I know, I know. I swear if this ever evolves into something bigger in my head, you'll get every sordid detail. :)

@michr - Thanks for the vote of confidence, michr! You can bet I had to stretch my imagination to write all that snow sex - it doesn't snow where I live, and I can count on one hand how many times in my life I've been able to walk around in it. This person right here is a complete weather wimp, LOL. Glad you liked!

@visioneer - Exactly what I was going for! Yay! It was fun to write a change from my normal long-winded expositions. :) Thank you so much for your kind words.

@karaline - Thank you my friend, for your contributions. People don't get to know the details that were improved from the feedback of a beta-reader, but let me assure everyone, it makes a difference between cheap plastic trim and gleaming chrome. :) I'm sure you'll be among the first to know if Mr Stong/Silent decides to make a comeback. And people: go read karaline's stuff right now! It's HAWT.

@xxClarexx - I truly am evil, am I not? But you are more aware than most of the huge line of stories waiting in the queue, so I'm sure I'll have something else for you soon! I assure you the next one will have it all! BDSM, lesbians, NonCon, plain old vanilla in strange locales... I've got your best interests at heart, I swear! :D

@jpz007ahren - Thank you so much! Yeah, what is that all about? Just when my dreams get hot my alarm goes off. WTF? This time I showed that dream who was boss. :P

@Anon/Wow - Glad to be of service! When the bug bites me, I'll surely write more!

@vmc312 - I would love to blame it on the alcohol, like the song says, vmc, but there's one vice I can't claim. Come closer - I'll tell you a secret - (looks around) - I've never been drunk. o.O Yes, I am this odd sober. But I'm more than happy to take your advice and go back to sleep. Sleep and me are good friends. :) Glad you enjoyed.

AEisMeAEisMeabout 9 years ago

Holy hell. That was amazing. Perfect blend of tension and steamy sex. Love to see this progress and learn more about them both. You write so, so well. Please please please continue sharing your stories with us.

ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosabout 9 years ago
One nitpick...

I think that you should have mentioned earlier in the piece that the main character was a woman. For whatever reason, I had assumed that it was a man, which led to a jolt (and not in a good way) when you finally mentioned that he was, in fact, a she.

Where most of the unspoken (or merely hinted-at) things in the story added to its mysterious ambience, this one, once spoken, made me feel...cheated somehow.

AschermerAschermerabout 9 years ago
I am in LOVE

With with the concept, with your beautiful writing, with this introduction to the characters, short as it was, and of course, with the sex, which was smoking hot despite the setting. And I know you are pretty much drowning in things to write right now, but after however long it will take you to put out all your other awesome ideas, I demand a continuation! This really felt like the climax (no pun intended) of a much, much larger story, and the fact that I can't have all of it right this moment is pure torture. I guess in that sense, your work here is done. ;)

funinthesungirl19funinthesungirl19about 9 years ago
Loved it!

I absolutely loved it. It was a short bit of hotness, but there was enough backstory and mystery to keep me intrigued all the way. Like everyone else, I'm going to say - this has the bones of a much larger piece, if you ever had time and the inclination to expand it!

For everyone else - if you haven't read DeathAndTaxes' amazing story in the Darker Side of Love anthology - you really are missing something quite awesome. Just saying.

CherrypeachCherrypeachabout 9 years ago
Deliciously satisfying as always

Your stories are akin to exquisitely prepared meals- flavorful, filling with perfect portion sizes and of course, healthy. With an excellent glass of Malbec accompanying it too. Your tales are so damn delicious that I might be guilty of rubbing my tummy after reading them. 😀

Sometimes though, a great meal is not reproducible, nor extendable; it stands alone as a single experience and is always cherished due to its uniqueness. Should you decide to continue this masterpiece, of course, I'll happily read it. If you decide not to continue it, I'll still cherish it. What I'm trying to say is this: I'll devour, savor and continue to be a life long connoisseur of your literary offerings. Why? Because your stories nourish my deeply romantic soul. Thank you...as always. ☺️👍

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 9 years ago
Do a series!!!

I want to know more about them!

Series! Series! Do it! Do it!

pobratpobratabout 9 years ago
I LOVE YOUR IMAGINATION

I only wish you wrote more often. *-* (ahh hahaha I'm cracking up over that face, out loud mind you. Now my roommate thinks I've lost it. Well, truthfully he thought this way back behind a few other 'odd' behaviors, but my cackling as I read or write, has exacerbated this belief.)

Oh God help me, I can't breath! He (my roommate) came up behind me, peeking over my shoulder, trying to see what's so funny. He didn't get the face at all, but then he asks, "What's 'ex-cer-bating' mean, is that like masturbating?" Oh my God, life is good sometimes!!

Here I was, down and out again, and there was a new one on D&T's!! Then my own vivid imagination has me going. And roommate comes along and has me crying... in tears... laughing so hard I couldn't even spit out the correct pronunciation, much less the meaning. Him going out the door peeved a few mins later, mumbling something about perverts and English, the slamming of the door being his exclamation point, had me in stitches again! Oh crap, he'll get me, but I gotta let his mom in on this one. She's an English teacher! Hahaha! And she loves my perverted mind!

I started this comment 30 mins ago, and am just now finishing. Just now able to finish I mean.

Except I'm not done. I think remembered that you like to have the whole story written out and then you post the chapters in a timely manner. So I'm going to assume there is a story being dripped right now, to your fingertips from your brain (that I adore) and typed into a laptop somewhere. Which, of course, is a major benefit to your fans. So do you have an estimate on your next submission? Please ignore the question if its on your profile page. I should have checked there first, but I'm ever so glad I stopped to share the love. See all the rest of you lazy buns, what you're possibly missing out on by skipping giving a comment? You never know who might come up and try to read what you've written, that could set you off into hysterics.

I repeat, life is good sometimes.

pobrat

AwkwardMDAwkwardMDalmost 9 years ago
Awesome

Fantastic story. Loved it. Loved the action, and LOVED the premise. It reminded me of watching Star Wars Episode IV for the first time. This was neither the beginning nor the end, and yet it stands alone magnificently. Beautifully crafted. 5 stars.

Itzy_StrangeItzy_Strangeabout 8 years ago
I knew it would be amazing!

You never disappoint, lady! I demand more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Brilliant

This story was so incredibly hot and wonderfully written

GlibertarianGlibertarianover 6 years ago
DAMN...

...This is insanely good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I love this short piece,

and I hate it because it's so short !

Please put me out of my misery and keep telling the story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Magic

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 3 years ago

So would love to see the precursor to this story... to know those things we still don't know and then to know where it goes...

A definite 4+ waiting to be a 5...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDeathAndTaxes@DeathAndTaxes
AKA Eris Adderly Hello! Hope you like my smut! I have a Facebook group, if you're on there and the type of person who likes to talk to your authors. Let's talk books and nerd things and dirty shit! https://www.facebook.com/groups/erisadderly.troublemakers/ DIDN'T YOU HAVE ...