All Comments on 'No One Understands'

by marybethf

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
marybethfmarybethfover 17 years agoAuthor
For this story, this is the only comment needed.

Jean and Steve are brother and sister. Both have had many failed relationships because of what they desire. The story begins with one such relationship for Jean. After making love with each other, they continue to search. On a business trip, Steve, through Raul, meets Maria and Ana, sisters who sleep together. Steve recounts this to Jean after the trip. It is because of a love affair with the sisters that Steve realizes how strong and unique his love for Jean is. This happens only because Steve, Jean, Raul, Maria, and Ana all share a common, but dark part of their lives.

Beth

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 17 years ago
I suppose I don't understand...

I'm a little lost as to why they would agree to losing their limbs, if there was nothing wrong with them in the first place... and what in the name of all that is erotic made you think this is sexy? To each their own I suppose.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Confused

I'm still confused as to why anyone would want their limb amputated? Like another said, to each their own...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 16 years ago
Don't be confused

It is not a want, but rather a need. Read about transgendered people and substitute limb for gender. Once I found a doc to amputate my leg, I was at last who I was supposed to be. No confusion here.

Suzy

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Stumbled on this bleak stuff once before.

I actually DO believe it's a real "thing" with a thankfully small portion of humanity who have this and, with all respect due, I consider it a matter of messed-up brain wiring and NOT simply a specific taboo or fetish like incest or wanting to be pissed on or whatever.

Yeah, normally I'd say to each their own, but surely we have to draw the line when it comes to glorifying or even normalizing this (deliberate amputation) thing as a simple fetish. The earlier commenter that compared it to transgender persons may make it easier to grasp the thought process yet I still need to raise the bullshit flag to say that it doesn't follow that the two instances are to be regarded by society in the same way. Sick is sick. Those characters doing the amputations to feel "complete" or whatever need to be treated by a mental health professional.

Hacking off a healthy limb indicates a need for deep emotional counseling rather than a need to find an accommodating rogue surgeon to do the grim task.

Don't try to make it seem sexy to others. Even if you happen to be so afflicted.

Note; I'm not disrespecting people who happen to end up being amputees by accident or misfortune and their need to enjoy a healthy sex life. In fact, I read a story about a woman who had a stump and she found a guy who didn't mind and they lived happily ever after. That's how I stumbled across another story about this so-called fetish by way of the suggested "similar stories" tag system.

I'd never say a writer was "sick" just because they wrote stories about their grandma pissing on them. I'd just avoid them and move on about my business. I guess this crap made me find my limit of tolerance for freedom of fantasy on this site. I for one UNDERSTAND that NO ONE should drag this nonsense into their sexuality.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Wtf

That was horrible!!! Nothing more to say!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Titled correctly enough...

No one understands shit like this, because it's just plain fucking sick!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous