All Comments on 'No Way Back?'

by whatdreamsmaycome

Sort by:
  • 348 Comments (Page 2)
wizardglickwizardglickover 7 years ago
Very good story!

Probably one of the best ones I've read here so far. The reality of it really hit my emotions. Just extremely well done.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
ok.

It would have been fantastic and worthy of 5* if you had gone down the rabbit hole of questions he had about details of her getting fucked by that asshole!

His dick dud seem large and she came like a bitch in heat for him and fucked him the next morning too.

Would she have confessed if not caught? Would she have done it again if not caught?

Was his dick bigger? Did she cum more times and harder than with her husband?

.

You totally avoided a plot device that you introduced and a valid one at that!

Only 3* with sadness for a story that had incredible potential! Keep it up and get more thorough!

Excellent start. Mediocre middle. Unsatisfying ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
5 Stars!

One of the best I've read, and I've read hundreds.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Here Comes #107

5* because it was one of the best reconciliation and regain life together stories that I have ever read!!!

Frenchie99Frenchie99over 7 years ago
It's a 5 from me

Wonderful story. Not what I usually look for but a realistic account of what can happen when one partner strays, and I should know.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I Don't Think So!

If she was drunk and fell for his bullshit that night....maybe I could get over her cheating..but what she did the next morning when sober ...NO EXCUSES THEN! I don't believe I could ever forgive her then!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Kind of Realistic"

I'll accept the veracity of this comment at face value, but the ending rings false!

She doesn't date, but has one-night stands? If she's not dating, then she's picking these guys up at bars or whereever? So she's some sort of a slut?

That argues against the regretful wife who just made one mistake She's living with her parents, they don't question her lifestyle?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
just the way I am

The scales have to be balanced.

Coin flip on whether he should tell but SCALES MUST BE BALANCED

OH And she said it all when she told husband she did not want to reveal the details of her tryst

That for whatever reason, size of cock, h8ow dirty and slutty the sex was an she reveled in it.

Best sex ever and that is what she felt. She knew telling that to her husband would end marriage.

Not sure why but I AM HAPPY FOR THE ENDING

EMPATHY FOR DAUGHTER PERHAPS!!!

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 7 years ago
When she said, about the phone call to the wife and subsequent actions...

That if this kind of thing would go on just to get divorced she would prefer to just quit...

I'd be curious if she thought her pain had equated to his and their daughter's yet...

I actually preferred the response about her NOT wanting to give him details... Sure, his imagination might make it bad but having her provide the exact details would make a sharper picture than the fuzzy pictures his imagination would draw...

Her just admitting it was pain stupid, cruel, evil, etc... A good answer...

The drawback for me to the Olympian/Einstein/beautiful woman analogy is he wouldn't EXPECT to be smarter than Einstein or stronger than the Olympian and he wouldn't have needed to run into them to know that. Why didn't his wife know she wasn't the most adept...? How come she couldn't hear a line when it was fed to her...?

Truth is, she knew she was doing this wrong, but she just kept doing them...

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsover 7 years ago
she paid her share

In too many RAAC stories on LW the Costs (the C in RAAC) seem to all be on the cheated upon.

To use an analogy that's like sentencing the victim to be punished for a crime instead of the perpetrator.

Then there are the ones that say they 'will do anything' to make it up and get back together, but when tasked with doing something like making that phone call to the other wife they refuse.

The closest she came was talking him out of having her describe the sex, and she had a reasonable argument.

This is one of the best reconciliation stories here.

No 'just say sorry and it's all better', no 'wave the magic wand and say bippity-boppity-boo' here, no 'magic baby', hard work was required.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Not that easy to forgive

She didn't even ask the lawyer guy to wear a condom. Poor Scott would have getting sloppy seconds if he hadn't found out about her cheating. Plus risking pregnancy and disease. The ending was a little predictable, but I suppose divorce would have been a little harsh.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 7 years ago
Unsatisfied

Second time through and cannot be satisfied with how you totally sidestepped her having to confess that the asshole was a sex god with a bigger dick and better able to fuck her brains out than her husband ever did.

It strikes me as very cowardly that you didn't address that very vital issue.

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 7 years ago

There was too much telling and not enough showing as it progressed towards the end, several important conversations/scenes were left out to the story's detriment, such as her describing when she cheated, the conversation with the lawyer's wife (such a conversation shouldn't just be summarized), and perhaps one of their dates rekindling the marriage as well as the day she moved in again.

It felt like the author took the easy way out in these situation, thereby leaving a lot of the story's dramatic potential unfulfilled.

user110user110over 7 years ago
good job

i liked it

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 7 years ago
Not sure why you haven't popped up on my radar before now...

I just read a story by this author today and it was so well written I wanted to read more. This is my second and it's just as well written as the other I read. I will go on and read the rest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Part ways

Hmmm. Let's call it an "uneven" meal...maybe this is a good example of "nouvelle" erotica, with its dainty portions, odd presentation, and strange tastes? I mean there were all these weird little insertions of stuff here and there; a sentence about billable hours, kids or no kids (pretty sure that would be a big part of that phone call). If you think we need to know...put it out there. Oh and this had to be some of the most mature and insightful dialogue a 10 year old has ever uttered - I know adults who couldn't speak that clearly in the middle of a crisis.

Oh...and sorry about your bad experience with the marriage counselors. Yeah, some people who get involved in Psychology are trying to figure themselves out, and their success or failure shows through...there are a few good MFC out there. You just have to do some serious looking.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
not buying it

The wife had been on trips numerous times. Obviously she was hit on many times before and had not strayed. The reader is supposed to accept that lawyer had such skills that he alone made her lose control.

Tough to believe

More likely she decided to let her hair down this one time. Trouble ensued because she got caught

No way she would have confessed and having got away with it once, she would have done it again

I am okay with reconciliation but only after he balances the scales

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
&√ Well written and enjoyable

I have trouble with the psychology rationalization of her adultery.

The lawyer was certainly not the only accomplished seducer she ever met on her work trips.

I agree with the comment below that this trip she got caught up and decided to have some fun. Her getting caught in the unique way she did may prevent her from straying again but the description of how out of the world the sex was may tip the scales in the future. She would certainly be much more careful

I also agree that the husband should balance the scales for reconciliation to take place!

I can hear the ''two wrongs'' crowd but that is my unchangeable stance

√&√

SMLlewellyn7SMLlewellyn7over 7 years ago
Good but ending seemed rushed

I liked this story and gave it five out of five. But the ending seemed a bit rushed.

i would have liked a bit more about when they were living apart, and more detail about their first reconciliation sex.

I found the characters interesting and well drawn. But what happened to the STD tests? Also the 10-year-old daughter's dialogue sounded a bit too mature to my ear.

Unlike another commentator here I liked the explanation by the counselor on why the wife fell to temptation.

I look forward to reading more of your stories.

Steve

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
read and contemplated-more than once

Came to conclusion psychologist manufactured off the wall rationalization in hopes of reconciliation.

Obvious when reading the story that she forgot all about her husband and daughter after kiss at her door at ending of her first date with lawyer.

She had all day to realize she should not go out with him again, yet eagerly went on second date and was more than willing to go to his room knowing they would have sex!

Good thing for their marriage she was caught in the manner she was, else she would have repeated adultery each and every trip thereafter.

Wonderful writing, I just don't buy into manufactured rationalization

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
the morning after sex

She claims she didn't know how to stop him, then goes all out to have sex of her life.

That decision is why she got caught.

She knew better than to go on first date...knew her husband disapproved.

Rnjoy your stories but in her own words she loved to flirt, that is cock tease was only matter of time before she cheated.

Rationalization was a farce. She cheated because she wanted to cheat

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
NOT THOUGHT OUT

She made the call to the lawyers wife on a sunday and by the end of the day he was in a motel and divorce proceedings were underway? Who represented her him?

But anyway, I've been reading this shit now for a couple of months and I could never quite put my finger on what was off with these stories and then it hit me like a ton of bricks.

I always wondered about the writers (I'm convinced there only 3-4 of these guys) having the loving wife or girlfriend say something about it only being sex. For the longest time that pissed me off because it made no sense...and then it struck me why it doesn't make sense. Women are so different from men that it's said we're from different planets. Women are all about connecting on the emotional level so for woman to go all out for sex with some strange dick there would have to be a strong emotional connection with the person connected to that strange dick. So much so that she wouldn’t have the connection to the poor husband or boyfriend she has chosen to abandon. She simply would not make these hollow meaningless protestations of deep, unfailing love and devotion for the jilted husband or boyfriend these 3 writers find so compelling.

Bottom line is that the stories are written so obviously from a man's point of view that it makes the story completely unbelievable, just so much hogwash. Men do believe it could be "just sex" because men think with their dicks, the lower head rules the upper head. But women are all about the heart and without that engaged, there really isn't that strong a sex drive, not on the level these 4 writers try to convey. Now if she's transferred the love, then the story makes sense up to the point of all the i love and only you bullshit.

So please, continue to write this shit, just make sure you give the betrayed husband/boyfriend plenty of ammunition to go for the nuclear response when he burns the bitch and her bastard by having the caught slut say something like "yeah, his dick is bigger, he lasts longer, I get a complete meal when I swallow his load and I think I've developed a deeper love for him than I ever had with you...if I ever loved you at all'. Then just go for the all out assault letting the betrayed not be more than fair, to want to deeply hurt the woman I'll probably always love. I think you would have a deeper fan base from the btb crowd if you'd just turn the cuckolds loose to totally rampage that sluts life the way real American men would when faced with that kind of emasculation

dyonysosdyonysosover 7 years ago
@Anonymous 02/05/17

Finally,i've been repeating this for years,a woman saying "it was only sex" is so incompatible and out of caracter it's ridiculous,only a man would say a thing like this,casual sex for a woman is allmost non-existend,she needs a connection with a guy/woman to do it

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
UNLESS ITS OVER A CLIFF

there should always be a way back. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Family First

Good to see a family that works together. Teresa messed up royally but she was “lucky” that she got caught after the first time. Jason would have kept after her until she left the convention, and at the next one. He bragged about his past “conquests”, which had gone undiscovered. Calling the other wife is always the “thing to do”.

Kristan showed knowledge beyond her years. She and Scott must have talked about Teresa’s discovery during the 10 day vacation and they remembered the GOOD.

Scott though deeply hurt was not ready to take the easy way out and divorce Teresa. Could be the 10 days with Kristan made him think about what divorce would do to Kristan? Scott asked the QUESTION all husbands should and most do – WHY. He asked the other question – what if I wanted “pay back” and sleep with another women. Teresa’s answer was correct in my opinion, “Ok but don’t be as stupid as I was”. She would take the pain but would not like it; enough disagreement in her position

KRD19254KRD19254about 7 years ago

I am surprised the amount of Wine she drunk was not included in lowering her guard in the fall. The Lawyer considered himself the great seducer, hence, why I think his wife was ready (even on a Sunday) beyond her daddy owning the Law firm.

I can see the initial seduction (w/wine) but the morning tryst tells me she really wanted it (all women know how to say 'NO' when they 'want' too) and that means she had definitively crossed the CHEATER line. Sure she wanted it all back to the way it was - she had an investment and secure home and needed to pacify the wrath of her mom/dad. The rest of the story was just pure feel-good-fantasy (A lets see of the readers will bit on this one).

Wait until empty nest time or age hormone imbalance leading to entitlement needs. She is beautiful is the excuse - OMG what a feeble excuse for this story.

Sorry Scott but you're a dumb cuck in-waiting.... 4* leaning to 3*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
@dyonysos

Female commenters can lie to themselves all they want about needing an emotional connection to engage in sex. How connected was wife in this story.

Your generalized statement means one night stands with someone you just met is a myth.

My personal experience with over a dozen females-married and single-puts the lie to the commenter's statement that females cannot or will not engage in sex for the sake of sex. Five of the experiences I noted above were with females with whom almost no conversation took place-two married-three single.

I had never seen any of them prior to them coming up to me and asking if I would have sex with them.

The most extreme was a 50ish married CPA who walked up to me in a bar and the first words out of her mouth were ''Will you fuck me?''

No BS-true story-I was stunned.

Fifteen minutes later we had walked to nearby motel, she got a room, she stripped, climbed into bed and asked me if I could start slow

Never saw her again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
What?

They solved their problems? I don't think so, just buried them..she'll cheat again when the circumstances are right..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Therapists

Loved the bit about marriage counselors. Each one had their own agenda. Who is watching these people? True story- I worked with two surgeons, one was terrific with excellent skills, knowledge, and compassion. He was not board certified- couldn't pass the test. The other was an unrepentant alcoholic, drunk on call, made mistakes, hurt people. He was board certified. Who's looking out for you? Nobody. These freaks are running free in the night.

Switching gears, I liked the story. Reconciliation feels right in this case. The lawyer needs a bit of a beat-down, though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well written, but still a forced reconciliation...

My kids were always in the Gifted program in school and they didn't speak like the 10 yr old girl in this story, and they read books all the time. So that seemed unreal, along with husband's response once they returned from their vacation. Didn't seem to care all that much about the affair, somewhat angry, sure; but immediately thinking of reconciliation, calmly discussing everything, sitting beside wife on the couch, cuddling with her first night back. Bullshit. I guess you could do it if you really didn't care one way or the other, but someone who supposedly truly loved his wife, he should have been furious, enraged, NOT cool, calm, and collected. Still, the story was well written, even if unbelievable. I certainly wouldn't have taken her back that quick, not a chance. The more you love someone, the more painful the betrayal. He acted like she'd been bouncing checks or something.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
10?

Are you sure the daughter wasn't 14 or 15 years old cause she sure wasn't 10!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
A forced RAAC

I get frustrated by authors who seem to not understand what it takes to be married.

Teresa loved Scott so much but she couldn't say "no". I call BS. She loved him so much she allowed herself to get drunk with a man who let her know he was married and wanted to sleep with her, she accepted going into his hotel room, she accepted him kissing her at different times, she accepted allowing him to take off her clothes, and she allowed him to have sex with her multiple times, revelling in the act. Then while feeling guilty for a very short period of time she allowed him to have sex again with her all morning because she couldn't say "no" again. Also enjoying it immensely.

But of course she loved Scott so much. And promised nothing like that would happen prior to the act. But oh yeah she did it anyway. She loved him so much she would do anything for him... Except for not calling Jason's wife or any other people. And not giving Scott the details he asked for... So much for doing anything.

She didn't make a mistake. It was deliberate. She chose to have sex multiple times with Jason. She could have said "no" but didn't want to because it felt so good. The psychologist rationalization is nothing but BS so that she didn't have to be held accountable: she wasn't raped or drugged, she deliberately did not say no, and she had the control to shoot Jason down but didn't.

You don't deliberately​ cheat when you love your spouse. She doesn't love him enough to be married, contrary to what she said. She loves him now more than ever? Must not have loved him much to start.

And just because you love someone doesn't mean you need to stay married. How can Scott ever trust her again. She broke one of the fundamental vows of marriage so how he can believe anything else she has to say. Getting back together after deliberate cheating is a mistake.

Once again these authors don't seem to understand what it takes to be married.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Last Anon got it right

Writers should write about what they know, not what they dream or what they wish. Otherwise you're writing a fairytale.

Didn't like it. There was not love at all in this couple. At least ther wife didn't love him at all. She was a self-centered woman who didn't think about her husband not even once until she got caught. And then she felt regret not remorse. She didn't do any heavy lifting to reapir the extense damage she had done to the relationship. Some love...

JackmoftenJackmoftenabout 7 years ago
Scotts a Friggin Cuckold

He should of just gotten a divorce and moved on with his life.

PencarrowPencarrowabout 7 years ago
THIS WOMAN IS DERANGED

You don't "go up to my room to dance" after being out with a strange guy all night drinking, especially when you've already turned down the chance to go to a dance club because it's "not a good idea".

For fucks sake, what sort of wife who loved her husband would even contemplate that unless she really did want to get a bit of illicit sex (or unless she was completely unhinged)?

And, have you ever tried to dance in a hotel room? There's more room on the bed for horizontal dancing than there ever is standing up. The lesson here is that having a wife with the brain power of a newt is not a good thing!

Good story, though.

dyonysosdyonysosabout 7 years ago

I can accept sex on a drunk night but her eplanation for the morning sex is just plain ridiculous,no wonder she didn't want to tell her husband

The psychologist she went to after she came back prescribed antidepressants wich helped her a little,would you please sent me the name of these antidepressants because i don't know meds like these helping after a few days,they usually work after at least a few weeks as they have to be absorbed by the bloodstream

tigger119tigger119about 7 years ago
@ anons 4/22 / 4/18........ Get a grip, it's fiction.....

Jeez, take a chill pill. Anon 4/22 writes the author should only write what he/she knows about.... HAH!!!!! It'd be a pretty piss poor world if writers were limited to only subjects they had knowledge of, outlawing their imaginations and making everything dull and grey. Without writers with imagination we'd never have the pleasure of reading about all the adventures and fantasies that have come to us over the many thousands of years. We'd have no Greek myths, no Shakespeare, no Tolkien, no Roddenberry, no Lucas, no King( Stephen), no Donaldson nor any of the other countless great fiction writers from history. Boo hoo to you. Your complaints seem to be problems that stem how you personally feel about certain situations and that how the authors shoulda, woulda, coulda handled them in such a way as to curry favor to your "one size fits all" solution to their problems. As to Anon 4/18, your "frustrations" with authors not "knowing" what marriage is about is a cop out. If you could only see just how pompous that declaration is. Get a clue, every person is a UNIQUE individual and prone to handle the same situations in their own uniquely individual ways based on their own unique upbringing, psychological makeup, experience( or lack thereof ) and their own ability to comprehend what's going on and where it's headed. What's funny is that real life is sometimes stranger than the fiction here. The reactions in real life are as wildly unpredictable as any to be seen in anyone's wildest imagination. If the author wants to embellish, enhance, even go over the top with his/her imagination, so be it, it's his/her story, his/her creation and HIS/HER RIGHT to do so. If you don't like it, STOP reading them. The world don't revolve around you CUPCAKES, SUCK IT UP!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Yes, excellent, well written story 5*

Well above the standards normally found on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Really good

More realistic than burn the bitch and destroy her with clever revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
It was another good story, if a bit shallow...

..I was a bit put off by the too adult expressions of a ten year old girl. Not naive enough to, I feel, represent even a very smart ten year old girl....overly world-wise, too.

Beyond that, I felt it reflected a good deal of what sincere people go through when one spouse "slips" into adultery.

Thank you.

OnethirdOnethirdabout 7 years ago
In for a penny

Great reconciliation story. The people who think that, since she had more sex the morning after, she was irredeemable. This is an odd and pretty arbitrary set of rules. She was in the middle of a debauchery, damn the torpedoes. If she'd taken one full stroke then ran schrieking, would that have been the "proper thing to do"? Planning future meetings and lying to her husband to cover it up would have been a deal breaker, but a single extending roll in the sack is just a single event. BTW, those marriage councilors were pretty lame, and I doubt you'd encounter ones that bad. It just set up the self-delivered healing process.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Liked the story

I liked the story, good ideas, well written. I think it deserves a follow up ten years later when the daughter goes to college and the wife misses the big dick

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Observation

Those who have never experienced this should be slow to criticize. I did and it hurt. But, his depth of love for her and her depth of love for him with accompanying hurt, the understanding being quickly developed that it was a mistake, but not a trend. Seeing it drug on as long as it did, fostered by his not forgiving and accepting, denied his intellect and depth of love. She needed him, and he refused to meet her need (not sexual). I see him as more of failure in the marriage than her. She broke the wedding vows once, he continually broke (in sickness and health, for better or for worse) vows and continued to do so day after day for months. In my case it was not a one time mistake, but a trend on her part, so we went our separate ways.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Good story

Good story, fun to read, but.... there's always a "but" with people. Really that ten year old girl was way too mature and wise to be real. Aside from that, like I said, a good story with even funny situations. The moral of this story is that if you marry a very beautiful woman other men will try to seduce her, and that's why you should marry an ugly one. Those tend to be faithful, not by choice, but due to lack of opportunities. Thanks for the story and keep writing you are a gifted writer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Kristan probably exists

There aren't many of her with that kind understanding. But there are kids who focus on areas and have surprisingly mature thoughts.

I was 8 1/2 when I came to my parents and challenged, "There is no God, is there?" I had looked at the development of the concepts at roughly the same time in history and deduced that God was a concept that was very useful in maintaining hope and order and a sense of things not happening at random. I read about it in our encyclopedia as well as many other things. I devoured books. I also had no idea that there was such a thing as peer pressure since I never felt it. I attribute that to my being oblivious, not to the concept that nobody ever tried to influence me. At that age I didn't do things that would get me in trouble because I thought they were wrong, not because I would get in trouble. I did get in trouble for doing things I didn't think were wrong even though they were forbidden. I didn't know people used and mislead each other because I would never do that; it was wrong. Math wasn't difficult, it was obvious.

Almost everything follows the bell curve with the vast majority within the first few standard deviations. But there are also some way out on the edge of the curve. There aren't many, by definition, but they are out there. If an author chooses to use a character on the edge of the curve it's a bold choice but it doesn't necessarily lack credibility. There have been 8-year-old college students and some earning degrees by 10 or 11. When I read about or saw characters who were pure evil I scoffed at the concept used to support a story. I had never seen anyone remotely that evil. But history and the news in the present show us they exist. Don't dismiss credibility because an author implements an out lying character.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
ANONYMOUS 5/23, WHAT A ASSHOLE!!!

For being a human being who doesn't appreciate being fucked over, he damaged the marriage worse than the cheating skank who couldn't keep her legs closed? What kind of drugs are you on? I'm just surprised he could still bring himself to touch the whore and not think of the lawyer shoving his dick into her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
She didn't know how to stop him? What bull.

"She knew she didn't want to be here, but after her behavior last night, she didn't know how to stop him..." She didn't know how to stop him? How about saying "stop?" How about yelling at him to stop? How about jumping up from the bed and running to the bathroom? How about getting dressed and going to her room? I hate self-delusional people.The truth is that she didn't WANT to stop him. (Incidentally, if she HAD stopped him, she would have been in her room when her husband and daughter came to pick her up to take her on vacation.)

This was a well written story, but I have little sympathy for the wife. If she truly felt "shock and guilt rushing over her in a tidal wave of regret and grief" about her night of debauchery, she would have fled the room as soon as she woke up the next morning, not let the lawyer screw her again.

One other comment: the daughter was way too precocious for a 10 year old. It would have been more believable if the daughter were 14 or 15.

naxos65naxos65almost 7 years ago
daft

Counselling , problems in childhood years , ya , ya , ya , ya ! They fucking cheat because they want a night of sex with someone else , and that applies to husbands just as much as wives . IF THEY DON'T GET CAUGHT , HOW MANY OF THEM DECIDE TO GO AND SEE COUNSELLORS ? ! --------------

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
She wanted to fuck the lawyer - she just didn't want to be caught

Teresa being the "beautiful woman" has the entitlement mentality that she deserves what she wants. Her sitting next to the handsome lawyer was her first move and then agreeing to go out to dinner with him even after her husband expresses concern was her second step toward infidelity. The long night of dinner, drinks, dancing and then the kiss at the hotel room door and her expressed feeling of being horny was step three. Going out with the lawyer again the next night and then the kicker; "He laughed. "I understand. Hey, I have an idea. Let's go back to the hotel, I'll pick up another bottle of wine, we'll go to my room, dance a couple of times and call it a night. Deal?" - she knew she was going to fuck him if she went into his room and she did it gladly. Teresa was being a slut and would have continued to be one while away from her family if "she had not been caught". The reconciliation was still too contrived and I find it hard to believe that in her future with normal stresses and hormonal changes that she wouldn't cheat again (after all she loved it with the lawyer since she fucked him in the morning). I read this story three times before I decided to write this comment and while at first I thought her getting back with Scott and her daughter was appropriate, she still didn't express the kind of remorse to satisfy her husband that he just didn't measure up to the lawyer.

Bubba

EarlGrey1070EarlGrey1070almost 7 years ago
Stopped

Stopped reading when 10 year old saw mommy in the lobby. I won't drag my heart through shit like this even it is well written fiction.

Sorry for being so harsh. I've really liked the other two stories I've read from this author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Ummmmm... No

1. She should not have accepted the dinner request. The guy was making inappropriate remarks to a woman who was supposed to be totally in love with her husband, but she accepted anyway. She knew Scott was uncomfortable and still didn't cancel.

2. She loved her husband so much she drank so much that she allowed herself to he escorted to her room.

3. She loved her husband so much that she kissed the guy passionately at her door.

4. She loved her husband so much and felt so guilty that she accepted another invitation for dinner and dancing.

5. She loved her husband so much that she thought it was appropriate to go up to the guy's room, get fondled, get undressed, and then somehow have sex.

6. She loved her husband so much and felt so guilty when she woke up that she proceeded to have sex with the guy again.

7. She loved her husband so much that she contemplated lying about the details of what she did.

8. She loved her husband so much that she felt she could live without him but not her daughter.

This is a ridiculous premise. She deliberately crossed line after line and eventually only felt bad enough to sink in AFTER she was caught. This was no mistake. She allowed herself to be seduced. She is not an animal that can't think; she knew she was doing something wrong many times but kept doing them. And to claim to feel so guilty about her actions and yet spend the morning having sex with the guy proves her feelings.

She doesn't love her husband like she claims. She says she loves him at least as much as Scott loves her, but she had no problems deliberately breaking her marriage vows. And the explanation of her being naive and such by the psychologist? What a bunch of rationalization to unacceptable behavior so that she is not accountable.

Just ridiculous all around.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago

I have read this story a least five times. The first when it was first written, and four times in the last week or so. And I have read all the comments at least twice, because I want to be sure that what I say is what would have actually happen in reality. First off was Teresa really seduced ? When she first sat by Jason she noticed his blond hair, blue eyes, good looks, buff body, so when he asked her to join him for dinner she accepted even though he had made some inappropriate comment concerning, her being the most beautiful woman and ,he could dream couldn't he, When in her phone call to Scot ,and he voiced his misgivings, she said is not like a date, and she had to eat anyway. Her and Jason shared a bottle of wine, at her room door he gave her a passionate kiss, after it grew in intensity she pulled away and laughed and went in to her room leaned against the wall and admitted she was horny. Where was the slap on the face, or the knee in the balls, after all she was wearing slacks? Didn't happen, although she said to herself she'd avoid the next day, yea right. Next day she goes out dinner with him again, you notice there was no mention of a phone call to Scot that evening. They go to a restaurant outside of the hotel. They share a bottle of wine with their meal, then they go for a walk, when they pass a bar he asks her if she would like to go in and have some drinks, and do some dancing, she says no that wouldn't be right. When he suggests that thy go back to the hotel, and his room, and he'd get a bottle of wine, and they could have some wine and dance, to her that was better then going in to a club? Well I guess she couldn't get fucked in a club but she sure was going to get fucked in his room. All I'm going to say about the firsts night is that she was a willing participant accept to say they must have done a lot fucking because, when he put his cock in her the next morning she said she was a little tender from the nights fucking. The morning fucking started at 740 and went on for over 2 hours. I don't know about some of you that have read this story, but to me that's a lot of fucking and disrespecting your marriage vows, husband , family and herself also, in a matter of about 12 hours she shit over everything that took years to build, just because she was horny. And the husband Scot this author gave her, what a peace of work. He catches her sneaking out the cocksuckers room, he just asks for conformation if it's the lawyers room, tha all he says is good-bye Teresa and leave to go on his holiday. WHAT? Where's the anger, where the anguish, where is the realization that your wife isn't the woman you thought she was. We learned later on in the story that Scot was a fairly big man, he was a weight lifter. Wouldn't he knock on the fucks door, and when he opened the door probable thinking it was Teresa wanting another good-bye fuck grab him by his hair a d start beating the fuck out of him, kick his balls up to his earlobes, when he's laying there unconscious, find his wallet, take a picture of his I.D. then when leaving pickup your wife carry her into his room throw on his bed and leave.First thing you do is fly back home, have the locks changed, cancel credit cards, protect you assets in the bank, start the divorce, then take your daughter on holidays. In the story Scot goes on holidays with his daughter and has a good time. When they return home Teresa is there, all weepy and apologetic, she doesn't know why she did it, she just was crazy, at lest the author didn't have her say (it was just sex it didn't mean anything). Then he has him holding her while sitting on the couch, and holding her while in bed, are you fucking serious? And her getting that ra-ra speech from her ten year old daughter, fight for your family. ( inspiring) don't you think. And poor Scot, still doesn't know what he's going to do. When Scot asked if Jason had a super cock, you know, the usual was he , bigger, better last longer kiss better, they where not asked directly but implied. some of you said she never answer the question, but she did, she said I don.t want to hurt you more then I already have, So there you go he had a bigger cock he fucked her better, he lasted longer, he filled her more, he gave her more orgasms, and he probably even was a better kisser, all round he was better then Scot in all aspects of love making , or just plain fucking. basically this story is about what she wants,not what he wants. If Teresa was you wife would you have absolute trust and faith in her, to not do it again, because she was not seduced. I think she was more the seductress, there would have been any fucking if she had not gone to dinner with him , if she had not broken he vow to herself to avoid him. And what about Scot ? Do you think he's going to forget, Forgiveness is a must, you will remember forever, you never forget you feel lower the dog shit, when the woman that you loved and trusted with you heart , dreams and your world, and she trough it away for a fuck with someone with a bigger cock then yours. Some of you feel like no big deal it's only a fuck, imagine your wife, girlfriend or someone you love with all your heart, laying under another man in orgasmic bliss, and you'd be okay with that. Well something like this happened to me 35 years ago, and some times I remember even today, I reconciled, but not for my love for her, but for the love of my 5 daughters. the oldest at the time was 10 the youngest was 14 months. I didn't want a parade of uncles coming and go out their lives for the next unforeseeable future . I knew no man would want a woman with 5 children . All any man would only want to fuck her, but nothing permanent . she died 4 years latter, and I was left to raise the girls with the help of a nannie .That's why I don't really believe in reconciliation, because love does die, trust turns to apathy. Like in this story some of you expressed concern that he didn't tell her to quit her job or to quit going to out of town conventions, he probable didn't give a shit what she did there. But the author wrote him as a cuckold, I'm not saying, just saying. I forgot to mention that they were holding hand as they walked back to the hotel, sorta, kinda looks like a date, to me. I also forgot about my saying about taking a picture of his I.D. I would be the one phoning his wife and cluing her in to the type of man she's married to. I don't know why this story got me so railed , maybe it's the way the author presented it , like someone said it was like reading instructions for assembling a stereo, no passion.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Well written good story but also unrealistic

My first time reading this story so even though it has lots of comments...

"His wife was cute, but this woman was in a completely different league. He looked forward to these conventions. He had always enjoyed success with the ladies. He could usually score with some woman, away from home and vulnerable. He preferred married women. They fucked like minks, enjoyed the uninhibited sex and went back home to their pathetic husbands"

Based on what later happens the quote above makes no sense. We are suppose to believe this beautiful woman wasn't able to deal with this preyer, so she wasn't in control from the beginning? She's never been hit on before this? In these kind of situations it's the woman who decides to have sex not the man; but yet the author wants us to accept that she was taken advantage of by this handsome stranger - sorry I don't buy it. Another thing i didn't like was something you didn't mention but hinted at... that not only does the husband have a small cock but he's also not very good in bed. He certainly wasn't giving her 4 or 5 orgasms during morning sex and why in every story does the loving husband always have to have a small cock, Isn't it about time to get rid of this cliche?

One final thought: why in the aftermath of her affair is her husband (the pathetic one) who did most of the heavy lifting concerning the reconciliation? Oh wait my mistake, she did spend a few minutes calling the assholes wife.

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanalivealmost 7 years ago
4*

The lawyer got away too easy, A competition Wt. lifter would have stomped his ass and smashed his balls. But it's not my story and you wrote it you envisioned.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
5*

Read this before and it is still a good read. Like to see more.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Needs an alternate version

This one screams for an alternate version for 2 reasons

1. It will never last as she said about answering his questions of whether she should lie or not, if you apply a touch of reality eventually in a moment of anger or hubris she will say something to the husband about what she did and that will be it.

2. Going back to the 1st reason 1st line , as the song said how ya gonna keep em down on the farm ,she loved it while doing it just like a person who goes out partying get wasted and drives drunk and hurts somebody sure your sorry now after being caught and have to face the consequences of your actions, so eventually I see thoughts creeping back into her head and go right back to cheating.

For a closed little world story though pretty good 4*

cabbage01132cabbage01132almost 7 years ago
5*

good story. i always struggle with reconciliation, infidelity is such a destructive thing you can't possibly love your husband, kids, family enough if you can allow a predator to fuck you and your marriage, the described seduction was obvious and clumsy, no woman who didn't want it would have fallen for it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
questions answered

Husband asks questions about the sex

Wife does not answer them saying it would hurt husband even more.

By her refusing to answer husband has the answers.

He now knows the lawyer gave her the best sex of her life, far beyond his ability and she is taking pity on him.

Story is very well written but the therapist's rationalization is hogwash.

After the kiss following first dinner she knew to stay away but didn't. She has best sex ever, then feels so guilty she has even better sex the next morning.

If she felt any remorse she would pushed seducer away inthe morning and went back to her room.

Doing that she would not have been caught.

I agree with other comments about her throwing the mindblowing sex in husband's face somewhere down the line.

Wat real price did she pay? Having to be a ''single'' college co-ed again and husband has to win her back?????

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
no guilt or remorse

''Dreaming only of a shower''

She cheats on husband for first time and has sex far better than husband ever gave her.

She wakes up, decides what the hell and has even better sex...

Leaving lover's room she has no guilt or remorse just thinking how good shower will feel on her extraordinaryly well fucked body.

The above quoted line puts the lie to everything that follows in this story and to my mind derails rest of writer's effort.

You either add a tinge of remorse and re-submit story or leave it as the nonsense it is

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
nonsense no matter what edit

Stranger screws her way better than husband ever did despite years together.

She knows it

Husband knows it

Stranger knows it

She will never again be satisfied with husband's pathetic efforts.

Husband likely will be unable to perform as his ''I am so big and strong'' ego has been shattered

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
No way back, really.

So he is a weight lifter, reasonably good looking and his wife cheats and has the best sex she has ever had. Hmmm. I would say he is destroyed because i have never seen a weight lifter not be narcissistic. Just saying. Might have kicked him in the testicles for what she did to him. It would have been less painful. Now the onus is on him to perform better. Maybe there is a way back but i do not see it, especially on the mattress. Comments on the people they went to for help are right on. Most people go into Phsycology (sp?) do it for their own reasons and self help in the first place.

Addicted098Addicted098over 6 years ago
Major issue ignored conveniently

Wife refuses to answer questions about sex & husband just gets on with it? Are you kidding me? Thats just convenient to bring them together again.

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 6 years ago
No Way Back - It's going to be very difficult

Teresa was feeling on top of the world while traveling (and at work) and she meets a very handsome and sexy man and "She Decides" to fuck him. The alcohol intoxication is a very weak and bullshit excuse, she wanted Jason. Teresa got caught and decided that she needed to do her very best to keep her "comfortable marriage" together not, repent for her getting the best sex of her life. Teresa is still a young beautiful lady in the prime of her life and given the up's and down's in every marriage she will at some point think to act on her desire to repeat the "best sex" of her life experience is she thinks she can get away with it. Why on earth would Scott agree to let her continue in a profession that included travel away from home? Teresa let Scott know that the sex with Jason was much better than with Scott by her refusal to "not hurt him" and give him the honest details. Of course as mentioned by many, the after morning sex (multiple times) was the kicker as Teresa had a clear head and was just enjoying the sex with Jason and if not caught most likely would have continued an affair with Jason on future trips. There was no way Teresa takes a hit on this affair and she just get's to go on with her happily married life (free as a bird).

danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years ago
Last part was too rushed to conclude properly

The first 3/4's was very strong but the end just faded away. Still a great LW's story. ❇❇❇❇❇

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
It was conceptually interesting, BUT....

....suffers from a lot of miscues.

Let me explain:

1. Kristan is not ten years old. I'd suggest you spend a couple of weeks in the company of several children ranging in age from 9 to 14. Listening to how they articulate, structure their sentences and generally express their thinking, how each age differs from the one younger.

Even with an IQ of 150, a ten year old is still a ten year old. You presented her more as a 27 year old.

2. Teresa didn't stumble on a pebble on the floor. She walked into that seduction ignoring all the cues and threats and further opened herself to it with each new move. She is an adult, accustomed, apparently, to flirtation and I use do in professional settings. So what was different this time? Was it that she was simply "outgunned" as the shrink suggested? I think not. I think she allowed the flotations to escalate and the passion-fires to stoke until she lit up. She had every opportunity to turn away and keep her loyalty and her integrity intact. But she didn't. It didn't come off like she really even tried. So it is hard to believe that she just fell into that bed. Nope, she walked right in and shimmied up to the prick, until her passions were so enflamed that she lost what tenuous control she ever had. My daddy once said that if I didn't want trouble, air should never be found where trouble happens. Teresa was everywhere trouble happens, both physically and psychologically. So if she was really as accustomed to being hit on and flirted with and targeted as the story suggests, she would not really have let things get out of hand....unless she she wanted them to.

3. Scott really should have filed a formal, legal separation. Proceeding to divorce or not, he put himself in the weakest of all positions by doing nothing but moping. A decent Attourney would/should have strongly suggested it. It also sends the message to Teresa that her actions were not just some excusable faux pas. You put a lot into playing up the drama and her growing understanding of the gravity of her betrayal, but you never put any teeth into Scott's responses. Sorry, "I'm deeply hurt and mad as hell..." doesn't even come close. I wonder if you've ever experienced such a betrayal (I sincerely hope not), or watched a close friend or family member suffer the million hurts, indignities, flaring insecurities and disgusts that accompany such a betrayal and (let's not forget the trauma of the discovery!) the revelation to both husband and daughter. You can never unsee that, so the trauma is multiplied almost geometrically, over just being told or having some evidence create suspicion.

People are fundamentally altered by this kind of revelation and I'm sorry to say, I don't feel you did it justice.

I do think you played Teresa's grief pretty well, but Scott was rather wooden and Kristan was simply not a believable character.

No thank you.

lickitandstickitlickitandstickitover 6 years ago
Not too bad

Like a few others mentioned, the first 3/4 were good, the ending seemed a bit rushed.. Not a bad story though

boatbummboatbummover 6 years ago
Trust Is Dead

And she's gonna do it again.... So Scott can pretend that it's all better, but it's not....

Thanks, I'm enjoying reading my way through your works here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I do really like this story

But I do believe she will cheat again and probably has had more men than she says. Old rule if a woman says 3 men lovers multiply by a factor 2 at least. 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
The Cliff Anology Was Spot On

She was at the top of a cliff where she enjoyed the safety of being loving wife and devoted mother. She chose to leap off to the life threatening shoals of whore, tramp and slut. Now she will forever carry those scars. Some choices in life are irreversible. Flunking out of college. Being fired from your job. Killing someone with your car. Infidelity. These are not mistakes. I looked up mistakes in the dictionary. Infidelity was not one of the definitions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Is she really that sheltered?

The reader who stated that casual sex from women is almost nonexistent should ask her Mommy to let her go outside more often! She is seriously uninformed about how the world works. I suggest she spend a few evenings in a bar observing what goes on there between a lot of unaccompanied men and women.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Ten Is The New Sixteen

For as much skill as this writer displays it is stupifying how bad the dialog is from the child. Cloying and just horrible.

Treating children like adults, even if you only write stories and put snide remarks in their mouths - there are no words to describe how disgusting it gets. It is both a cause and a symptom. Please stop.

Treating children as adults is like purposely giving them soul cancer and laughing about it.

naxos65naxos65over 6 years ago
MISSED THE REAL MOTIVE .

All the so called therapy and guidance ----for what ? She did what she felt she wanted to do , get a good fucking from somebody new . At no time , when she woke up in the morning , did she say " I'm ashamed of what I did last night , so stop fucking me so I can get dressed and go ! " She let him carry on fucking her , bringing her off , filling her continuously with his baby batter . So much for her guilt . If she hadn't have been caught , would she have told her husband ? More chance of finding rocking horse shit in a stable than that happening .

dyonysosdyonysosover 6 years ago
Curious

She only speaks to her husband about the evening,never about the next day,with 4-5 orgasms so what exactly is she sorry about ? just the evening or all of it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Happy ending

I don't understand the negative comments. As someone who's been on both sides of the issue, I'm very happy to read a story with a proper happy ending!!!

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 6 years ago
Nice for a second effort, usually I would take off a star for the precocial child, and

another for no atonement for the wife. But it is well written, and pretty good for a newb, so 5 estrellas

danoctoberdanoctoberover 6 years ago
Second time around...

A terrific story. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Checked all the boxes

I like RAAC stories. Revenge is the easy route, reconciliation is harder, and more interesting. A few things need to happen for me to give 5 stars to a RAAC (which I did), and you did all of them. It can't come easy, the person the spouse had the affair with has to suffer consequences, and there has to be genuine love and remorse. You hit all the right notes.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobover 6 years ago
Great story

Superb characters that I felt I knew. It ended rather quickly but on the right note. Thanks for a great one

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Love fantasy stories

I love fantasy stories and RAAC are the the best cause there's no realism in them just pure fantasy.

Pulsifer42Pulsifer42over 6 years ago
Yes, but..........

.............do you think if husband and daughter's flight into Dallas had been delayed and they didn't catch up with "Mom" until after lunch and she was fully restored to her normal mode of operation, do you think she would have volunteered what she did ?

NewEndingsNewEndingsabout 6 years ago
A realistic, non-fornula story.

I can see how a mistake like this could happen. The confrontation by the elevator was the mad, sad crowning part of this story. The rest was devoted to finding the way back from the disaster of that day. I believe that mistakes can happen. I believe in second chances. There is a limit, of course, but saving a marriage and a family is never a bad thing if the love is still there and the trust can be restored. Good job.

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 6 years ago
3rd time...

...and still an awesome story. *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
realistic probability

When two people have sex together for very first time, the probabilty that it is an out of this universe best sex of their lives is extremely low. Think objectively on your own experiences.

For her to allow the next morning sex because she could not figure out how to say NO is unfathomable for one as intelligent and happily married.

As others have noted for her to tell husband hearing details would hurt him even more informs him how much better the guy was than him.

More telling is she informed husband of first dinner date but kept second a secret. Its not acceptable to dance in public in a club, but nothing can go wrong if we get a bottle and dance in his hotel room.

She is supposed to be very bright and adept with handling flirting males.

Her going to room means she had already decided to cheat...after the previous night's parting kiss.

Remember, she told herself to stay completely away from guy.

ErotFanErotFanabout 6 years ago
Another in the string of well written stories in different styles

Your prose is clean, your dialog easy to follow. This story was more upbeat than many of the long reconciliation stories found here. You have a talent for visualization of scenes. Here and in "High Dive" the sexual encounters are highly erotic and visualizable.

"Corporate Whores" is the last of your submittals left unread and I see you've not submitted anything for about seven months. I hope you have not abandoned Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I keep coming back to this one

I also hope this author isn't done submitting here. This was a beautiful story.

Mauser45Mauser45almost 6 years ago
Good read!

Now THIS is the sort of reconciliation I can get behind! Great job!

anonymousinblueanonymousinbluealmost 6 years ago
hmm, I'll take door number four

These stories always miss something. There must have been a fundamental preexisting problem in the marriage before she cheated. Maybe he didn't pay her enough attention, maybe she made $5000/yr more than him, maybe he didn't eat her out. Hmm, maybe she never loved the person of the person she married. Maybe she's embarrassed he works on air conditioners. Maybe he said that dress made her look fat.

Well, there must have been a sign that to keep this woman in line, you have to remind her subtly in action that you're still desirable on the market and fucking up will probably end him up poor but happier. Cheating isn't the cause of fundamental problems in a marriage, it's the result of an existing problem.

She clearly did not respect her husband and thought his advice about dinner was nothing to take serious. I don't believe the real why is ever discovered. That is much more interesting than the typical response to "why." Investigating that is done by the best stories.

She says it was because she could. The babble at the end basically says the same thing. That's a bit spooky. In the end, she was right, she got to cheat and stay married, although I can't imagine why she would stay married to someone that would stay married to her. She'd sounds like a kill the cheating bastard type of person.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
It happens

Very few people, male or female (or, in today's world "other) go a lifetime faithful to one mate.

Then sexual activity prior to a piece of paper, a ceremony, is considered acceptable and even normal, but in truth?

There is no difference, except for society's idea of "rules."

All it takes is a situation, a connection, some hormones and perhaps Pheromones, a few drinks to lower inhibitions.. add in opportunity, things happen.

It's not a big deal, much of the time the mate never even knows.

It's survivable, if you really think about it. To a real relationship, a passing moment is just that, a moment. Now IF it turns into a full blown carrying on affair, that could be different. But, a one time incident can be gotten past, I know. Been there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Idk

I liked some of it, but some of it didn't sit well with me.

The whole, "I don't want you to lower yourself like I did." in reply to his suggesting a fling to make them even. Sounds like manipulation.

The whole, "please tell me there's hope of us getting back together, cuz I can't keep doing this otherwise." reeks of her going back on her word to "fight as hard as I can" and to ,"do whatever it takes" sounds like the very first time it got hard, she wanted out. and she manipulated some positive reply from him, pushing his leverage away.

I truly felt she loves him from this. But I think he loved her more. Absolutely positive on that. He NEEDS to lower himself if you ask me. He doesn't have to tell her, she wouldn't have told him anyway. He needs to kill some of his love. Turn it from unconditional to conditional. Because that's where her love is at, after everything I don't think she's a better person at heart. But I think her getting bitten shook some common sense into her. She was honest AFTER getting caught.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Sorry

Can’t see how the husband could get over the shame of having their daughter with him when he caught the wife.The daughter would definitely need counselling after seeing her mother coming out of a man’s room dishevelled.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 5 years ago
Thanks WDMC. Great five star story

Anonymous in Blue. Good comment. Thanks

schulz777schulz777over 5 years ago
it could be

an interesting story...yet the end was ....I don't know...strange...18 month apart???? wtf???

3 starrs

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
You're a good writer...

...but i just didnt care for the outcome. I would have divorced her because the trust is gone. Thats just me i guess. Also the dialog of the 10 year old throughout the story made her seem 35. Thanx!

Loklie

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Continuity Problem?

In the first page she tells husband she has had sex with three people: her college boyfriend, husband, and lawyer. In the second page husband exclaims "Jesus, Teresa, we've been together since we were 17!"

...So, did they start at 17, she goes to college and has boyfriend, then comes back and they get back together? Or a continuity problem one can't reconcile? Or she cheated on him when they were in college, and he knows that, which makes this whole current story very curious?

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinover 5 years ago
I'll never wrap my head around the ratings in LW

A great reconciliation story, with most of the elements of other great reconciliation stories, but this one is relatively rated lower than others of this type. It seems to check all the boxes.

Wife show's remorse, reconciliation is slow, wife's own parents are embarrassed, daughter takes side of aggrieved spouse, the illicit paramour suffers. The only thing I can think of that's missing here, is the husband didn't have his own one-night stand. I do wonder if adding that to the mix might have boosted the rating.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Well written.

I’ll give the author the benefit of the doubt on the sex issue between the time they were 17, and the college boyfriend. However, the author never did disclose all the tings that she did with the lawyer, although the husband demanded that she do so. Did she blow him? Did she swallow? Anal? If she did these things, had she done them before for her husband? I don’t always need to read about grafic sex acts to rate a story as good or great, but the question was raised and went unanswered. This is an erotic story web site after all, isn’t it? A four star anyway.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 5 years ago
Terrific story. *****

This is a 'reconciliation' story. If you don't like those kinds of stories this is not for you.

This is a story of a good woman who made a bad choice story and struggles her way back to save her marriage. My favorite part is where the husband and wife sit down for the first time after the wife's act of infidelity. The build up to this point is loaded with well written drama.

' He looked morosely at her for a few moments. "What am I going to do with you, Tess?" She heard the despair in his voice.

"I don't know," she whispered. "Love me? ..." '

Brilliant line. That's a very absurd, but real (for me) reply that expresses the confusion and desperation a woman who still wants to save her marriage and her husbands love.

Again, this is a reconciliation story. It's tagged that way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
RAAC in the first degree.

And that would be okay if I felt she really deserved another chance. But I felt she was only sorry because she got caught. And small children have a tendency to not forgive that level of betrayal. NOT a good ending.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
Good story and realistic.

I'll never understand cheating, but I do understand reconciliation. It's long, hard work. I thought the reconciliation described here was very realistic for a woman who regretted her actions. That doesn't make it RAAC. It makes it admirable and sadly human.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous