All Comments on 'Not Just for Christmas Ch. 01-04'

by Alwaysraining

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
Sid0604Sid0604over 9 years ago
A Great Story...

A great story so far and I'm looking forward to reading more. Easily worth 5 stars. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Just fabulous...

Thanks! Gave it *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Really top notch

I particularly like the way you have used the kids interactions with Mike to advance the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well Done 5/5

ram

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Gads.... again?

I'd pay real money for a rom or recovering cheater story that could grow tension in some other way than 'everyone knew they were in love but them' and the ever popular ernest guy who is so ernest he can't believe that she actually liked him... so many cliches piled one on top of another.

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Sid has it right

Though I do not have the slightest idea what she thought she was doing.

dreaming_dailydreaming_dailyover 9 years ago
Interesting story

It was a good read. Thanks for putting this online.

BTW. Children call their mother Mem in the province of Friesland in The Netherlands. The father is called Heit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Thanks.

EddboyEddboyabout 9 years ago
somebody cant contain his feelings

dont know why he's mad he never told her how he felt

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Another great story, well done 5*

Your work continues to impress. Keep writing and thanks!

naughtyboy2004naughtyboy2004over 8 years ago
Language that calls mam, mom, mum, mem

There is a language that uses mem for mother.

Its not and English language but its related.

Its Frisian spoken in the Dutch provence Friesland.

Kind regards and thank you for your stories

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
A wonderful love story

thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Another great story...

Interesting dynamic playing out between Mike and Claire. Mike has a bad history with a cheating, abandoning wife - Claire has a bad history with a cheating, physically violent husband. In Claire's world, she was always the victim, technically above reproach because the beatings she and the kids suffered were egregious; any slight, real or imagined by Gary, would NEVER justify the violence handed down, thus her victimization.

Now though, Claire is suddenly aware that she's the "bad" character, not the victim; she "cheated" on Mike and she knows it. Now, maybe for the first time in her life, she's weeping and filled with despair because of HER behavior - NOT the man's. I imagine she'll try to lay the blame at Mike's feet because he told her to go out and have fun and knowing Mike - and the author's previous work - he'll probably take some, or even most, of the blame.

I flatly refuse though, to accept that neither Mike nor Claire were unaware their feelings were reciprocated. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir when I say that not everything needs to be verbalized, at least not in the real world. Claire's upset because she knows she's hurt Mike, she knows she's torn down the romantic relationship that was building. They both know it. Pretending they didn't know they loved each other is sophomoric at best.

Another great story. Thanks AR!

Horseman68Horseman68over 6 years ago
Super Story

A great story with a unique plot line and exceptional writing. Hope things work out for these two, but big problems now. Cannot wait to read on.

roveroneroveroneover 4 years ago
Riveting...!

Curious to see where you take this....

In any event going to follow...

5 and fave

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlwaysraining@Alwaysraining
I live the the North West of England, where we get more than our share of rain, hence my pen-name. Before I retired, more years ago than I care to think about, I had a job which exercised my mind to the full. I never had time to write anything but text books and manuals. Si...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES