All Comments on 'Not Just for Christmas Ch. 07-09'

by Alwaysraining

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
Sid0604Sid0604over 9 years ago
Another great chapter...

Thank you for another great chapter. Easily worth 5 stars.

nreh21nreh21over 9 years ago
Great Story

I really enjoy your writing, your style manages to get one wrapped up in the story. Can't wait till the next chapter and your next story

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
predictable

So is chapter 10 where she turns up preggers and doesn't know if it's the ex's love child ?

ariesgirlariesgirlover 9 years ago

Where is Mike's sister? She need to give Claire's stubborn behind a good whacking. How could she go from trusting Mike to doubting him based on some gossipy visitors? I understand her insecurities and her pushing Mike away before she thinks he will dump her but she could've given him the benefit of the doubt. She deserves some of the hurt she put herself through.

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Complicated

She listens to people that she does not know but won't listen to him or to her children?

Sounds like that blow on her head crossed some wires.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Really enjoyed the story thus far but

These Chapters have been frustrating. He seems too dumb to be a top business man and she seems too easily manipulated, especially having regard to how assertive she was with him. Only 4* not 5 for this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
You channel StangStar very well

It seems all your stories are variations of a single theme. Perhaps writing a good Boy Scout story may be indicated here. After all at least then your primary characters would have adult supervision.

I have known several corporate heads, COOs, and even a couple of CFOs. I have friends that own/operate their own small and medium sized companies. Not one of them are as dull and dimwitted emotionally and intellectually as your primary characters. These adults you created have never grown up. They are all stunted at the 12 to 14 year old level emotionally.

You have stated these stories are based on your experiences as a marriage counsilor. I find it hard to believe there would be so many such individuals running around mucking up their relationships in this manner. Not even in jolly ol' England. It seems the writing is due to more of a "kink" than anything else. If so, just tell them that... It is disingenuous otherwise.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
Depressing

Sorry, but this is not the behaviour of a successful, dynamic, business owner. Claire is easier to understand considering her troubled marriage. Once he (and Tom) knew who had been to visit in hospital, chatted with Tracy, and Cheryl paid a call, it is out of character for Mike to just sit idly by waiting for Claire to change her mind. Voice messages and e-mails won't change minds. The ever growing number of times principal characters have made false assumptions, reached wrong conclusions, gone round the bend, are becoming redundant. There are only two people thinking like adults, Rosemary and Siobhan. It is discouraging.

roveroneroveroneover 4 years ago
Still riveting but...

put this aside for a while and now lost track of just who is who...

definitely going back to re-read, and glad there's still two more sections to go-presume It's all going to work out in the end

five again...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlwaysraining@Alwaysraining
I live the the North West of England, where we get more than our share of rain, hence my pen-name. Before I retired, more years ago than I care to think about, I had a job which exercised my mind to the full. I never had time to write anything but text books and manuals. Si...